Lockridge Device - Peter Lindemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel idea

I see several of you struggling to come up with a well balanced flywheel. Here is an idea for you. If you have a small engine repair shop nearby see if they will let you have some flywheels off some junk engines. Be sure and get one of off a tiller engine or other engine that does not use the blade for mass. Push mowers have an aluminum flywheel that would be too light for what we want. For bigger projects a flywheel off a riding mower would be great. For small projects one off a weed-eater engine would probably work. You'll need to make an adapter to get the flywheel to fit your shaft but that should be much easier than trying to make a well balanced flywheel. You could even use the magneto magnets and an extra coil to generate some extra current if you use a flywheel from a Briggs engine as they have the magnets on the outside of the flywheel. Just some food for thought.

Carroll
    Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
      So Brian, whats the generator kicking out? Thats the big number.

Good work
      Matt
      I checked the scope probe setting this morning and it was set to X10 at 1V/div, so roughly it was kicking out about 10V. That's with an input to the pulse motor of 36V. I didn't check the input Amps at that time.

If there's a linear relationship between volts in and volts out, then the generator should put out about 20V at 72V input. If there's an exponential relationship, as might have been suggested, then we should get more output voltage.

I haven't factored in the recovery output from the pulse motor yet, so we'll have to see what I get once I hook up the caps, diodes, FWBR, and a resistive load.

Brian

Comment

• Good work Brian

and as we are now preparing to going on the next step that is to say "the generator",

i permit me to post this video , which can perhaps help on the way to get much energy by shorting the generative coil at the right moment

just to think for the next step

and good luck at all

laurent

YouTube - shorting coil test 3.wmv

Comment

• Most excellent Woopy ! Thanks for posting your experiment.

Comment

• woopy

I have had trouble understanding some of your other videos. But this last video
            was a very good, clear, simple, description of this concept. I have noticed that a lot of the other threads have taken up this coil shorting idea also. Your video has been the best explanatory demonstration of it that I have seen so far. Thanks for the effort.

FRC

Comment

• Flywheel

Hi All

Found this link, that may be useful, that allows you to calculate flywheel data - quite a shock the energy at 5000rpm!

Flywheel Energy Calculator

Regards

John

Comment

• Originally posted by n84dafun View Post
                I checked the scope probe setting this morning and it was set to X10 at 1V/div, so roughly it was kicking out about 10V. That's with an input to the pulse motor of 36V. I didn't check the input Amps at that time.
                If there's a linear relationship between volts in and volts out, then the generator should put out about 20V at 72V input. If there's an exponential relationship, as might have been suggested, then we should get more output voltage.
                I haven't factored in the recovery output from the pulse motor yet, so we'll have to see what I get once I hook up the caps, diodes, FWBR, and a resistive load.
                Brian
                The output can give you your relative horsepower. But you have to get the whole thing with a load.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by john_g View Post
                  Hi All

Found this link, that may be useful, that allows you to calculate flywheel data - quite a shock the energy at 5000rpm!

Flywheel Energy Calculator

Regards

John
                  John,

Thanks for the link. It really makes a big difference when using a ring flywheel vs a disk. A ring FW (flywheel) output energy is twice as much as a disk FW. I was able to attach the #25-13 teeth sprocket to the kid's 12 inch bike wheel (ring-type FW) and it makes a big difference compared to the grinding wheel (disk-type FW). The kid bike FW seems to smooth out as it spins faster. I haven't figured out how fast it's spinning, but it's pretty scary when I apply 72V to the input of the pulse motor. I feel like I need to wear some kind of protective mask and suit on.

I've also applied 24V to the generator/unmodified motor and it spins the system very fast, just as fast as if I had 72V on the pulse motor side, only it probably uses more amps and definitely more torque, since the power usage is continuous when applied to the unmodified motor. I haven't checked the amp usage yet.

brian
                  Last edited by n84dafun; 02-25-2011, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• testing

Hi everyone here are some pictures of one set up that im playing with at the moment (repel/attract).The rotor has two segments on the comm joined together as others have done(good work) this makes the rotor fire slightly longer and stops the brushes from over heating .I think if the comm fires to short (one segment ) the current dosen't have time to establish a proper contact and just backfeeds between the brushes heating them up. I have no recovery yet with lots of trials (only small )(recovery brushes adjusted from less than 1 segment to more than 1 segment) i think you have to saturate the rotor before you will see any good results for recovery (the magnets around rotor will also get in the way of the recovery ) At the moment im not after recovery im more interested in pulsing a rotor that dosent kill the brushes and has good torque which this setup seems to do(not perfect yet) but everything stays at room temp (brushes slightly warm )and only a very small comm burn as the comm leaves the brush (not pitting or damage)at 24v- 1 to 2 amps with good torque(have run for long periods ) i think the neo magnets are soaking up the recovery. more testing yet..
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by N O G; 09-12-2011, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• I finally got the brushes in for my motor, so I can get to work on assembling it. It has been rewound for weeks and just sitting there waiting for brush holders to come in.
                      I had an old "Iron Man" treadmill in my garage that came from Costco. They rebranded it, so not sure who the original manufacturer was. Anyway, it is complete with motor, cooling fan, nice flywheel, belt pulley and belt that goes around one end of the front roller. I'm thinking that front roller would look really good with some 7 or 8 inch disks glued onto it with neo magnets screwed around the outside of them, and about 30 coils around the outside of that. On another note. That front section of the treadmill (once the control console is removed) makes a great stand to hold a six foot wheel. It even has wheels on it so you could move it around. But THAT's for another project.
                      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Motor circuit walk-through

Here's a video I made explaining how my motor works with my particular setup. I'll be making another video soon with the new flywheel using the 12 inch kid's bike wheel and all the diodes and capacitors connected.

YouTube - Motor circuit walkthrough

Brian

Comment

• Winding Pattern for Lockridge Device

Hi Peter Lindemann

Can you confirm that the armature winding pattern I posted up (link below) is the correct winding pattern as presumed used for the Lockridge device, i.e. the Delco-Remy armature shown by John B and yourself?

Link to post:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post120167

Regards

John

Comment

• Kids bike wheel flywheel

New video of my system with everything except an actual load attached. I placed the output of both the generator and the recovery leads on the bank of 4-series capacitors, rated at 20V each and 110,000 uF each. In otherwords, I was trying to loop the system. The generator was connected to 1 cap, and the recovery leads were across the 4 caps.

The system draws around 6 amps at 72V at the high end and around 2 to 3 amps at 24V.

YouTube - motor with 12 inch kids bike wheel flywheel

Brian

Comment

• I do not Presume

Originally posted by john_g View Post
                              Hi Peter Lindemann

Can you confirm that the armature winding pattern I posted up (link below) is the correct winding pattern as presumed used for the Lockridge device, i.e. the Delco-Remy armature shown by John B and yourself?

Link to post:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post120167

Regards

John
                              John,

Neither John Bedini nor I have ever seen a real "Lockridge Device". All we have seen are the parts of the attempted replication and the notebook.

If your research says that is the winding pattern for the Delco-Remy generator, then that is what it is. At this point, I don't see what that has to do with what this thread is investigating.

Sorry I can't help.

Peter
                              Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
                              Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
                              Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

• Clarification

Originally posted by pault View Post
                                When I wound my armature with a single winding, the result was that one slot was bulked up more than the other (volume-wise, not copper-wise).

The reason is that I slavishly went one turn right of the shaft, one turn left, and so on. I switched sides every time in the same slot. In the end, one slot contains all of the criss-crosses and the other contains none (and, hence, is laid more neatly and has lots of unused room left over).

I would suggest winding the single coil armature with some sort of 1 1/2 turn strategy, if that's possible, to even out the criss-crosses and, maybe getting to pack more turns into the whole thing.

pt
                                Can you please clarify what you mean by "1 1'2 turn strategy" ? I finally got
                                my motor today but have not done anything with it yet.

FRC

Comment

Working...
                                X