Lockridge Device - Peter Lindemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by emfimp View Post
    Thanks for the reply everwiser - it was worth a shot!
    No problem. My failed attempt to supplement the air flow to the upstairs rooms was just in the last month or two so it was fresh on my mind. The new blower motors are a lot more efficient as they typically maintain 80% efficiency for any/all of their programmed speeds whereas the standard squirrel cage induction motors' efficiencies drop considerably lower (50% or lower) once you're outside their sweet spots.

The gripe of it is that the newer motors are not user configurable unless they were programmed with multiple speed/torque curves from the manufacturer. The one I have is similar to this: Genteq Motors - X13 - Improved High Static CFM Performance Motors are Pre-Programmed by the OEM. Since it didn't work for me in the house (house duct issue; not motor related) I'm hoping to use it in my garage on those days I need some airflow.

Comment

• Hey Dragon and Goreggie,

Any progress or problems to report on your builds yet? I'm interested on any updates either of you can provide.

Mark

Comment

• Hi Mark,
        I ran into a snag with the starter motor causing excess losses. 100 watts worth. I've spent the last couple days trying to track down the problem. A portion, a significant portion I suspect, of those losses was my own fault as the shaft adaptor bore had an 8 thou run out... causing a wobble. When it's all tightened down in the frame it wants to flex the frame because of it.... I'm working in an 11 degree shop, in my haste to "get it done and get warm" I didn't check the bore and just assembled it. I'm still moving forward ( with 2 steps back ).

It would be nice to see this working - I could put the light bulbs in my pocket to keep me warm in the shop.... ;O)
        ________
        Breakup advice forums
        Last edited by dragon; 05-11-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Changes made to starter motor.

[QUOTE=dragon;124306]Hi Mark,
          I ran into a snag with the starter motor causing excess losses. 100 watts worth.

Dragon

Your build looks great.

If you could be so kind to give some insight into the rotor changes you made to accept the end bearings. On my rotor shaft both ends are between standard bearing ID sizes. Did you reduce the shaft size or machine a sleeve to bring it to the next larger bearing size? I was thinking of having the shop reduce the larger side but am hesitant to reduce the small end.

I don’t have a way to make the end plats and have to take the motor to a shop. I think every starter motor will be different due to there age and how many times they have been rebuilt.

Your insite would be greatly Appreciated.

Comment

• Hi twoody01, I used 1 inch id bearings on both ends ( 2" od ). on the front I made an adaptor sleeve to fit the shaft and pressed into the bearing. On the rear I machined a 1" shaft to press fit over the existing shaft which gave me an extention outside the motor about 2 inches for the comutator.
            ________
            HAIR PROBLEMS ADVICE
            Last edited by dragon; 05-11-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Forgive me for posting on this thread before I have seen your 2nd electric motor secrets.

On the rotor of the lockridge device is it possible that the windings run from the comutator to the rotor shaft so that the rotor is pulsed in parallel to the stator windings, sort of a y configuration?

Comment

• @Peter... I remember reading in another thread - can't seem to locate it - you mentioned briefly about reducing the Lenz effect by adding a diode to block the current upon entry of the magnetic field then utilizing the collapsing field in a generator.

I'd like to set up an experimental unit where input and output could be measured. It seems to me that the poles passing the coils would need to be arranged in one polarity ( all north or all south ) for this to work properly is this the case?

I'd like to eventually set up a motor/flywheel/generator consolidated into one wheel - the flywheel. I have an idea for an enhanced torque motor ( built a long time ago ) which, at the time, had multiple failures and problems and you inadvertently solved it for me... so I pulled it off the shelf for a refitting. I actually have 2 of them, one large unit with a 60lb flywheel and a small one with a 10lb flywheel.

Still moving forward with the design and idea's with small distractions along the way....

Thanks so much for all your help !
                ________
                Child wellbutrin
                Last edited by dragon; 05-11-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• comutator options.

My dc motor arrived and there is a note about a pulse generator that can be attached to the back end of the shaft and it will produce a 5 volt dc pulse once per revolution. Could this be used as the comutator? Would be easy to attach and if you where using a pulley from starter motor to generator you could play with changing the pulley sizes to vary the pluse to the motor. One of my concerns was pulsing the starter at the same place on the rotor and causing excess ware.

PulseGenerator, 1 Pulse/Rev, 4.5 to 24 VDC - Pulse Generators - Motor Supplies - Motors : Grainger Industrial Supply
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Next 48 Hours

Hi folks,

In the next 48 hours, I hope to post 3 separate posts. The first will discuss the necessary elements of a modern, regenerative electric motor. The second one will discuss the operations of a standard, commutated DC motor, and the third will discuss the modifications needed to make to the standard motor so that it will operate like the regenerative type.

It's going to take a bit of time to write all of this out, but I hope to have it all posted by the weekend.

Peter
                    Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
                    Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
                    Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

• I await your posts with bated breath... Is the "regenerative electric motor" discussed in the Electric Motor Secrets Part 1 DVD?

Comment

• Looking forward to new posts !

Now, having seen Electric Motor Secrets II. I was surprised to see the Lockridge
                        Bedini similarities. Currently I have been trying to assemble a sort of Lockridge-
                        Bedini hybrid using a small DC motor. So many of the builds in the other threads
                        are trying to make some kind or another motor from scratch, when we already
                        have a lot of the work already done for us by using existing motors and generators. The concept of modifications discussed here seem to be a much
                        easier path to follow.

FRC

Comment

• Features of a Regenerative Electric Motor

Hi Folks,

OK, let's get into this!!!

Here is a diagram of one type of regenerative motor.

The general formula is to invest a small amount of electricity into the creation of a magnetic field. Then use that magnetic field, while it exists, to perform some mechanical work. Then discharge that magnetic field and recover as much electricity as you can.

In the diagram above, you can see a very simple circuit, similar to the kind used in John Bedini's SSG type machines. This one is a little different in that the mechanical energy producing structure produces a closed magnetic field through the Iron Keeper and the Iron Rotor. When the Coil is turned on when the rotor is in the position depicted in the drawing, the Iron Rotor will have a strong tendency to align with the Iron Keeper. This is the "power stroke" of the mechanical energy production.

The production of this mechanical energy does not "consume" any of the electricity used to produce the magnetic field. When the input electricity is turned off, the magnetic field collapses and applies its recovered electricity back to the "recharge battery".

The amount of electricity that is recoverable is determined by the "state of the magnetic field" at the time it is turned off. In this case, the total energy in the field is lower than when it was turned on because the air-gap in the magnetic circuit has gotten smaller, not because the system has performed some mechanical work in the process. Still, between 65% and 70% of the applied electricity is recoverable in this situation. There are a wide variety of design changes that could be applied to raise the amount of recoverable electricity, but that is another story.

[Many of these issues have been discussed in the rather lengthy Electric Motor Secrets thread.]

The simplest way of thinking of this is to imagine that an "ideal" regenerative electric motor will only "borrow" the electricity to make a momentary magnetic field, perform some mechanical process with it, and then give most of the electricity back. Once this cycle of activity is complete, it can then be repeated over and over again. The net energy used in the system is the difference between the electricity used and the electricity recovered.

If we use the very modest numbers of 60% mechanical energy conversion and 60% electrical energy recovery, then the motor can produce a COP (Co-efficient of Performance) of 60/(100-60) = 60/40 = 1.5 COP.

So, this is the very simplified explanation of a regenerative electric motor.

Some of you are well acquainted with these ideas by now. For those of you just being introduced to this, don't over complicate the ideas at this point. It is more important for you to understand the general principle right now than it is to understand the specific operation of a given design.

Peter
                          Last edited by Peter Lindemann; 01-08-2011, 04:38 AM.
                          Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
                          Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
                          Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

• Sorry if this has been discussed before.

What would be the way to scale up the regenerative motor? Let's say it gives a COP of at least 1.5 how do you go from a prototype to a bigger one producing an exccess of 5kw?

Thanks.

Comment

• More

I think this was mentioned before. Something about only putting out 300 watts.
                              I don't know about scaling up, but if you can put one smaller one together,then why not duplicate a number of them and hook them together for your desired output ?

FRC

Comment

• I don't think the discussion has come up yet about extracting energy from the system. To date has only been to generate enough energy to store in the cap to be discharged into the motor to create a self running motor/generator. The light is actually a "bonus" of this process and not an actual output. It has been mentioned about replacing the resistance load with a transformer for LED light production, still not an actual output in excess of what is required to maintain the system.

I believe that getting a system to self run should be the primary goal, this will be challenging in itself, then - when successful - move to enhancing the possibilities of generating energy in excess of the original process.

Not only does the motor need to be "tweaked" to provide an enhanced torque and recovery system, the generator will also need to be "tweaked" to provide a reduced drag while still producing a reasonable output.

One piece at a time....
                                ________
                                PUBLIC AUTO INSURANCE ADVICE
                                Last edited by dragon; 05-11-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X