Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very misunderstood motor.

A very misunderstood motor.

I haven't posted for a while so I thought I would put a little light upon what I am doing.

The Universal motor is usually described as simple and similar to a permanent magnet motor and while in appearance it does look simple I can assure you is not.

The two field coils do operate in the same way as permanent magnets but there is much more going on. There are many interactions going on between the two field coils and also the rotor coils and they are transformer like in nature especially on AC and Pulsed DC. In the standard setup which is known as a series wound conductive compensation setup, any inductive effects between the two field coils are cancelled by the transformer action. This has the effect of reducing arcing at the commutator increasing its life and reducing heat in the armature. A similar effect can also be achieved on an AC current when the second field coil is disconnected from the series wound setup and shorted upon itself. This is known as inductive compensation and the action is a transformer action.

These transformer actions are setup to reduce reactance in the armature.

Along with these transformer actions we do have back electro motive force (BEMF) occurring in all three of the coils. This BEMF can be setup so that the transformer action opposes it, or works in the same direction. When it is working in the same direction we get reduced speed, torque and increased arcing as well as much more heat produced. Part of the problem of heat build up is because the armature is in effect one big loop of coils on an iron core (a multi cored shorted transformer). To take advantage of this unison of power we need to change the configuration of the armature and add a second path for the energy to dissipate.

Note that reducing reactive power us usually the opposite of what a free energy researcher wants to do and that combining the transformer functions of a universal motor could be very important when it comes to building a lockridge device (not so subtle hint)

Comment

• DC motors running on negative energy

Hi All,

Have watched Peters DVD several times over and now understand what I have been exposed to for years. The Back EMF or negative enrgy force within DC motors when running. So this got me thinking about picking off the the back EMF to build or attempt to build the lockridge devise.

So while contemplating this I thought about what wouild happen when you run a DC motor on Negative energy such as a negatively charged battery. Is the Back EMF still there? Does it exist as another form of Back EMF to counter act the driving negative energy force running the DC motor?

Bud

Comment

• Still trying!!

thanks mbrown,

I've spent hundreds of hours trying to get the PM motor to work. Had small successes, and learned a lot. Heat build up, arching, the different winding configurations. But all of this was a good learning time and fun, but with many let downs.
        I do have a 1954 chevy delco generator (rebuilt) and will switch all my energy to it.
        On a personal note, I do believe there is a way to do this. With all that we need there is hope in this project.
        james

Comment

• Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
          Yes, there is at least one group working on this which I am a part of. We are running tests on a motor that will not be self running but are learning what we need to do to make a self runner. After we have gained enough knowledge to understand, we will be posting here but there is little point in posting something that is not going to work as it will lead people up the wrong path. If anything is found that is new or additional to what I have already posted I will update you.
          Hi guys.
          I have a german friend who saw one of the original devices working and putting out about 300 watts of electricity.
          He was 10 years old during the war and people had to go underground very deep because of the bombings.
          They used these to light up the place.
          He told me that they hand cranked the device and it ran all by itself
          without stopping. He said that he heard a clicking sound when it was working. So KEEP AT IT... It did work !

Robert
          Last edited by Robert49; 08-13-2012, 11:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Brushes

I read somewhere that the brushes on the delco/remy unit was ground down thinner for the Lockridge device. Not sure how it helps, but it would be easy to test for someone who has one of these units to try.
            Randy
            _

Comment

• Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
              I read somewhere that the brushes on the delco/remy unit was ground down thinner for the Lockridge device. Not sure how it helps, but it would be easy to test for someone who has one of these units to try.
              Randy
              I am convinced that the lockridge used a wave wound rotor, if every other segment was disconnected, that would allow for a pulsing circuit provided that the brushes were thinned down so that they could only connect two segments. This means that the brush would only be as wide as one segment. as each brush left the segment, inductive kickback would cause an arc, to prevent this we would need a second set of brushes making contact as the first pair break contact.

I have tested this and the motor was weak running at only about 15 to 20% efficiency with no collector brushes and 20 to 25% efficiency with them. recovery from the collector brushes was in the 15 to 20% range which would bring us up to 45% efficiency at best on the motor I used. A better motor would do better but you can see that this alone isn't enough and there has to be more going on and there is.

So the brushes are narrowed to accommodate effective collection of the inductive kickback and to time the pulse.

There are ways to increase the power and this is part of the problem solved as the efficiency improves a little when we do this but we have to remember the lockridge is a motor generator in the same case, so we don't have any additional generator losses in the iron and the whole generator process is more efficient.

Introducing transformer actions increases current in the coils and so motor torque, provided we have the geometry right. Now we have a motor, a generator and a transformer all in the same case with only one set of friction and iron losses.

This gives us a transformer that powers a motor, the transformer isn't great in its efficiency, maybe 60 to 70% but when combined with the generated power it is now doing something special. I cannot give you figures on this at this time because I am still working on the geometry to get the thing working. I don't expect to get my very inefficient motor into overunity but with a more efficient device I am convinced it can be done.

I have also realized that we do not have to pulse the motor this way but more on that later.

Although this is a very different device the principals of operation are exactly the same except we are pulsing. Read the text as it tells you how it works but it does not tell you about the geometry. http://www.rexresearch.com/alxandr/3913004.pdf

Robert Alexander: Dyna-Motor (US Patent # 3,913,004) Overunity, Free Energy

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert49 View Post
                Hi guys.
                I have a german friend who saw one of the original devices working and putting out about 300 watts of electricity.
                He was 10 years old during the war and people had to go underground very deep because of the bombings.
                They used these to light up the place.
                He told me that they hand cranked the device manually and it ran all by itself
                without stopping. He said that he heard a clicking sound when it was working. So KEEP AT IT... It did work !

Robert
                Very interesting, could you ask your friend more about it?

Sorry i did not see this before, I dont have an internet connection at the moment

Comment

Very interesting, could you ask your friend more about it?

Sorry i did not see this before, I dont have an internet connection at the moment
                  Hi.
                  Henry was about 10yo then and all he remembers is the device was in an open wooden box , no battery , hand cranked and some kind of swithing sound.

But I got him interested in free energy about 4 years ago and he is tinkering with different Bedini like motor-generators. He had one 4 coiler that he built and with only one coil on it , he ran it in closed loop for almost 3 hours without a battery and without any capacitor. It probably died because of bearing friction.

Believe me, if he remembered more he would be working on it himself.

Good luck.
                  Fun to experiment!

Robert

Comment

• The number of people that are alive that have seen one of these is very small so any testimony about it is valuable.

Comment

The number of people that are alive that have seen one of these is very small so any testimony about it is valuable.
                      Hi Mbrown.

Henry also told me that he saw hi-ranked officers fill their gas tanks with water and then put a white disk of some sort. But that's another thing.
                      Next time I see him, I'll see if I can get more information from him.

Robert

Comment

• just wondering

I bought a delco/remy unit just for this project, and watched john bedini videos several times. I have wondered if there must be a need for external switching, which they had the technology to do this. So happy this thread has started up again. Keep up the good work.
                        thanks, wantomake

Comment

• As special brushes were needed along with a particular make and model of generator, I believe there was no external switching on the original; however it may be possible to use a modern unit with external commutation and that is what I am working on now.

Comment

• Circuit Simulator Applet

take a look at this circuit and tell me what you think

Comment

• novice here

sorry mbrown,
                              I'm very much a novice in this field of FE. This started as a hobby but has become a passion of mine. I looked at the circuit but again I'm not qualified to give you a thought. As a student I'm trying to learn and build at the same time. But I agree a more modern version would be great. For me at this stage, will try to replicate the old delco/remy.

Keep up the good work,
                              thanks for sharing
                              wantomake

Comment

• Before you pull anything apart, I would try this.

I believe this is the basic motor circuit for the lockridge device and it can be used on most motors and generators, even unmodified ones. Everything on the left of the switches is your motor, everything on the right is the power supply. The switches represent a commutator setup. I would recommend taking a standard motor and making a commutator to go on the output shaft.

Once you have it running you will find it is not very powerful so you may need to increase the input voltage. The capacitor needs to be a type that can reverse polarity and preferably a fast one. The bigger the capacitor, the more power and lower the voltage needed.

I am using a universal motor in my tests but many of the Delco Remy generators will work exactly the same.

Once you have this we can start working on the generation side.

Comment

Working...
                                X