• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic Wankel Motor

I all,

I have collected some interesting informations about Wankel:

Starts:
    Apprently, the first inventor of this kind of moteur is Tekko Kure (Japon), Takahashi continue the work under Wankel Magnetic like Paul Sprain or Tom Bearden

Interesting Address:
    De Reed à Werjefelt 2/2
    The Tom Bearden Website
    Welcome to the magnetic wankel motor page
    The Permanent Magnet Motor - 1979 Paper by Howard R. Johnson and William P. Harrison, Jr.
    Free Energy and Perpetual Motion

Some Stator Setup idea

Documents
    Here some picture came from the document more down

You can get it here
    http://www.arlingtoninstitute.org/library/LODER.PPT
    Or mirrored here:
    http://www.syscoil.org/medias/storag...r_3/wankel.pps

Replication
    Here some replication

Paul Monus Réplication:

Paul Sprain Réplication:

Ted Loder Réplication

John Bedini / Tom Berarden Replication

David Scott Réplication
    A document about magnetic wabkel for cars:

Vidéos
    YouTube - The Magnetic Wankel Engine concept
    YouTube - Magnet Motor - Harry Paul Sprain
    YouTube - Harry Paul Sprain magnet motor 2007 with generator
    YouTube - Harry Paul Sprain magnet motor 2007

Molux

Du to this crazy limitation of picture post a cut my post in two part:
    (but why this limitation ? the pictures not loaded from you server...)

I think i'm not alone intersting about this process, if you have more information or intuition about my suggested modifications, tell me it please

I want to "self run" it if it's possible, here an idea:

I dont have all material a the moment but i quickly build a small replique for basic testing.

Assembly replique

Disassembled replique, in center of stator, the floppy disk driver "ball bearing"

This replique have so many probléme, the position of magnets (slop) it important and badly build under my little gate.

Here a simple vidéo i trying:
    YouTube - Magnetic Wankel Motor 1

I have to make some test before put a coil under that

Comment

Hy,

Here you can find the following...
      Wankel Magnet Motor

Molux

Comment

Tomi

Is anyone replicating or has anyone replicated the TOMI magnetic motor. It is shown in linear form on other websites. Some have tried to make it run circular, but have come up just short or continuous circular motion. TOMI stands for theory of magnetic instability. If you are interested in seeing the TOMI motor drawing go to KeelyNet Energy Files

Comment

no

i know only that here 3 magnetics that work 2 curcular but very slow and 1 linear with a clever trick to it that can run fast. but torque is low

Comment

Direction of Rotation

One observation which I would like to make is the direction of rotation with the Harry Paul Sprain Motor travels in a counterclockwise direction.

Harry Paul Sprain magnet motor

Paul_Harry_Sprain_magnet_motor.avi - YouTube

Patent Application

US Patent #6954019

Originally posted by Figure #1 from US Patent #6954019

The location of magnets 5 creates a magnetic field of increasing magnetic field strength around the plate 4 except for a defined space 6 where the first magnet 5 of the series is not adjacent to the last magnet 5. The area between the first and last magnets defines space 6.

As shown in FIG. 1, an electromagnet 7 is located adjacent to but not within defined space 6. The electromagnet 7 is equipped to create a magnetic field which will be of a polarity which is the same as the polarity of the magnets 3 and opposite to the polarity of the magnets 5.

In operation and with reference to FIG. 1, the rotor 2 moves through the magnetic field created by the magnets 5 in a counter clockwise direction due to the opposite polarities of the magnets 3 and 5. However, the space 6 defines a break or alteration in the magnetic field and, in the absence of electromagnet 7, the rotor 2 would stop rather than move through space 6. At or around the point when the rotor 2 would stop, the electromagnet 7 creates a magnetic field of opposite polarity to the magnet 5. This field cancels out the field created by magnet 5 and sends or allows the passage of magnet 3 through and past the defined space 6, which results in the rotor 2 beginning movement again through the magnetic field created by the magnets 5. Of course, movement of the rotor 2 causes the rotor shaft 8 to turn, thereby generating and delivering energy to a device, such as a direct drive assembly. The movement of the rotor 2 and the resultant generation of energy will continue until the device 7 is deactivated.

As shown in FIG. 1, a cover plate 9 can be used if desired. The power to allow the electromagnet 7 to create its magnetic field can be supplied through inlets 10 which, for example, could contain wires connected to a power source such as a low voltage battery or an internal capacitor charged from the energy output of the apparatus 1. A single magnet 3 could be used instead of the two magnets 3, and a single, shaped magnet 5 could be used in place of the series of magnets 5. Additionally, if a series of magnets is used, there can be more or less than shown in FIG. 1.

Originally posted by Figure #3 from US Patent #6954019

With reference to FIG. 3, the area encircled in FIG. 1 is shown, specifically the magnet 3 located on the rotor 2, the magnets 5 located on the plate 4 and the electromagnet 7 for continuing movement of the rotor 2 to generate energy.

In the drawings, the magnets 3 are shown on the upper side of rotor 2. However, these magnets (or a single magnet in another embodiment) can be located anywhere on the rotor, such as the lower side or outer edge. The drawings also show the plate 4 as circular, but other shapes can also be used, such as square, rectangular, etc.

The electromagnet 7, which could be comprised of lead or any substance and an induction coil, is positioned adjacent to the innermost magnet 5. The electromagnet is powered through a power source sufficient to generate a magnetic field which offsets or breaks the magnetic field created by the magnets 5. An electrical impulse is fired from the electromagnet on command through a timer (such as a laser triggered circuit or other mechanical trigger mechanism) that is connected to the device and positioned between the innermost and outermost magnets 5. The timer detects the approaching magnet 3 and signals the electromagnet 7 to fire, in order to break the magnetic field as the rotor 2 approaches the innermost magnet 5, thereby allowing the rotor to continue movement around to the outermost magnet 5 again. This process is repeated upon each rotation of the rotor. The only external energy input is a requirement to charge the electromagnetic device and power the timer, if necessary. The timer could also be triggered through optical or mechanical mechanisms.

This invention has been described in detail with particular reference to certain embodiments, but variations and modifications can be made without departing from the spirit and scope of the invention as defined in the following claims.
            Regards,

VIDBID
            Last edited by vidbid; 10-28-2014, 02:39 AM. Reason: Update
            Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Originally posted by vidbid View Post

One observation which I would like to make is the direction of rotation with the Harry Paul Sprain Motor travels in a counterclockwise direction.
              Interesting, does that mean it is running in attraction?

Comment

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                Interesting, does that mean it is running in attraction?
                That would be my take on it.
                Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Originally posted by vidbid View Post
                  That would be my take on it.
                  it makes more sense to me to build it that way because it could be built to rotate around onto an iron keeper where only a small repelling force would be required to move it back to the start of rotation. In repulsion mode it would take a large repelling force to move the rotor into the start of rotation because that is where maximum repulsion would be.

I dont know but I assume magnets have the same repulsion and attraction forces at a given distance. Given this assumption it would be easier to generate the electrical power required for re-gauging attraction than repulsion.

To ensure that the rotor is able to move effectively onto the iron keeper, the gap between the keeper and the rotor magnet will likely have to be less than the gap between the rotor and stator magnets. It is even possible that no stator magnets would be required in attraction mode although I assume torque would be less.

Comment

it makes more sense to me to build it that way
                    I agree 100% with you on that.

A simple energy recovery circuit could be used to capture the flyback from the coil to charge a cap.

Regards,

VIDBID
                    Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Perhaps, a circuit like the above one could be adapted for the Sprain Motor.

Regards,

VIDBID
                      Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

With the use of bi polar switching we can place that capacitor across the source supply thereby reducing the input power requirement.

This would further reduce the power required from any generation mounted to the motor.

I showed a relay but im sure some semi conductor arrangement could be used. I think with the right components there is no reason that this could not be done.

Attached Files

Comment

With the use of bi polar switching we can place that capacitor across the source supply thereby reducing the input power requirement.

This would further reduce the power required from any generation mounted to the motor.

I showed a relay but im sure some semi conductor arrangement could be used. I think with the right components there is no reason that this could not be done.

..would like to see a link to that simulation.

My circuit:

Run simulation

Regards,

VIDBID
                          Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Your circuit just shown, is what I use for recovering motorcycle batteries, its pretty good at it too. Its a little more aggressive than the imhotep/bedini fan and even cheaper to make.

The bipolar circuit I have shown is only to show the basic circuit, the relay isn't part of it other than the pair of switches working in unison.

I suppose we could use the coil of the relay instead of a separate coil and it should work fine, although I have used bipolar relays to switch other coils, and the problem is they are not as robust as the automotive relays and rapidly fail.

My work is mostly with commutated devices with the pair of brushes acting as the switches and a second set capturing the spikes in a modified armature. I was just applying the principal to the re-gauging coil on the wankle motor.

The whole point is that the recovered energy can be simply put back into the circuit to reduce the input.

The other thing I like about this wankle engine is when we run it in attraction it keeps the flux within the rotor and stator, if we connect the rotor and stator with iron based parts to complete the loop we now have something that we can mount another coil on, using the iron as the core. The varying intensity of the magnetic field could provide another electrical output with little effect on the motor performance. What do you think?

Comment

I tried to copy and paste the simulation for you but the java on this version of linux wont allow me, but it does run in that simulator.

Comment

Working...
                              X