Ceramic Metal Treatment Technology Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Metal Treatment Technology Now Available

First, I have discussed posting this info with Aaron, and have permission to do so.

CermaSales - Index

Cerma with STM-3® is a patent pending ceramic metal catalyst that has been proven to significantly improve fuel efficiency and engine performance, offering superior protection of the critical components of your engine from excess wear and tear, while reducing the emissions of harmful greenhouse gases. Cerma with STM3® is a ONE TIME application.
    *A full treatment will provide benefit for 100,000 kms.

Here at Cerma Sales, we are on a mission to change the way the world looks at lubrication and the application of lubricants.
    Ceramic metal treatment has a multitude of applications.

In internal combustion engines, it has been proven that a one time treatment of 2oz.
    of Cerma with STM-3 poured into crankcase will provide these benefits within 500 miles.

* Increase torque
    * Reduce carbon deposits
    * Increase horsepower (28 hp as tested)
    * Increase compression (equalizing compression across all cylinders)
    * Increase fuel economy (3.4% to 24% as tested.
    * Reduce emission gases (92% reduction as tested) as tested by EPA certified test facility and diesel smoke particulates (100% after 100 miles)as tested by third party
    * Reduce the wear of engine and drive train
    * Reduce repairs, caused by harmonic-induced wear
    * Will not affect factory clearances (certified metallurgy testing)
    * Reduce engine vibration and noise (harmonics) (50-90% as tested)

Understanding What STM-3 metal treatment is, & how it works

All claims are based on 7 years of independent third party,& real world testing Keep in mind these results are as tested, and your results may differ. STM-3™ (Surface Tension Modifier-Third Formulation) Ceramic Catalyst is a patent pending liquid ceramic metal treatment that has been proven to significantly improve gas and diesel fuel , 2 cycle efficiency and engine performance, offering superior protection of the critical components of your engine from excess wear and tear and a significant reduction of emissions of harmful greenhouse gases.
    STM-3 Based products, utilize a Ceramic Lubrication Catalyst. STM-3 is not a normal oil additive, nor a replacement for your oil. STM-3 is an advanced metal treatment that protects metal parts within your engine, transmission, gear box, anywhere there is a need for lubrication enhancement and protection. STM-3 is designed to be used on any rigid or semi-rigid surface subjected to sliding, rotating or oscillating harmonic drag/friction. STM-3 is designed to carry loads in excess of 350,000 PSI as well as lubricate at temperatures in excess of 1900° F. STM-3 is a combination of a unique ceramic resin and lubricating solids. STM-3 combines the durability of a ceramic resin with the lubricity of the ceramic lubricant. STM-3 works well in all applications, but is best at high temperatures, high loads and high speeds. STM-3 is fully capable of carrying the load where normal or synthetic lubricants and PTFE additives fail. STM-3 is 100 % solid, clear and acquires a clear Ceramic finish in use. STM-3 is formulated to provide an approximate cured film thickness of 6 microns or less of ceramic coating within the valleys of the metal surface. STM-3 contains no solvents.
    This product is of special interest to those who burn Hydrogen in their engine as Hydrogen has been well documented to embrittle metal and cause Hydrogen induced stress cracking. With time the Hydrogen will penetrate the metal at various points and cause damage. By adding a ceramic layer onto the metal this problem is eliminated. STM-3 can be added to the crankcase oil and the fuel so that all parts are treated.

We also have a product approved for dentistry applications.

You can visit our website for more information: CermaSales - FAQ

No H being used yet but I'll bite or at least nibble How much is needed for a car engine (say a 4 liter size) and how much does it cost?
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Since it is a public health issue i am sure Aaron would welcome it . We are currently editing and getting data back for our fuel saving and vehicle modifications (PDF and new video production) so this is a welcome addition to the PDF my friend thanks for posting looks promising, like the third party testing aspect.. great start.

Ash

Comment

Originally posted by ewizard View Post
        No H being used yet but I'll bite or at least nibble How much is needed for a car engine (say a 4 liter size) and how much does it cost?
        For motors under 4L in size 2oz's added to the oil is sufficient, over 4L requires 4 oz's.
        In Canada, our MSRP is $55 for a 2 oz bottle.
        We only distribute to Canada, so if you are in the US then we would direct you to the manufacturer. (made in the USA)

We also have a product made specifically for dental handpieces, but it can also be used in air tools used by the food industry (completely non-toxic and food safe ingredients)

Just a side note, it has been found that (and we are going to have some test data hopefully soon) if the STM-3 is used as a gun lubricant it will produce higher FPS and an improved trajectory thus increasing accuracy. Plus it protects the barrel from corrosion caused by the gasses. This only takes a few drops.
        Last edited by shawn; 07-09-2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

You should be able to use this on any 2 or 4 cycle engine also.
          Cerma Test Results

Comment

Iotayodi :
            You should be able to use this on any 2 or 4 cycle engine also.
            Yes, you can use it in any engine, 2 or 4 cycle gas or diesel.
            Any internal combustion motor.
            You can apply it to any hydraulic system or compressor; any gearbox or differential.
            Apply it to your chainsaw bar and see it improve rpm and heat issues.
            Use it in your air-tools.
            So many uses, lots of benefits.

That link is from the manufacturer and American distributor.

Comment

Really works

Well I typed a really long post telling about my great experience with this product and when I tried to submit it this forum said I wasn't logged in so I lost it. I don't have time to retype all that again so I'll just say I am really impressed with what a difference it has made to my wife's 1995 Saturn wagon. They have a new web site were you can order directly from them and even pay for it with Paypal. I have no connection with them in any way except I am a very pleased user of their product. If anyone has any questions about my experience I will try to answer them later. I have something else I have to do now.

Carroll

PS The new website is called the Cerma Store.
              Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Something Funny

Cermax Thats address

You know whats funny, when this was first posted they made claims that it would help an engine under hydrogen supplement. I can't seem to find that claim on the old site or new site.

Matt

Comment

Hi Matt,

Well, I don't know a lot about hydrogen embrittlement. If it affects all the metal parts in the combustion chamber then I don't think this would help. According to the research I have done this only bonds to the metal where there is actual surface to surface contact between 2 metal surfaces. It is the heat and friction together that causes the bonding action. So I am guessing there would be no change to metal surfaces where there is no contact with other metal. Also this is added to the oil so very little would get to the top of the piston or cylinder head in the combustion area.

I put this in my wife's 1995 Saturn wagon which has the twin overhead cam 1.9 liter engine. I had rebuilt that engine at about 100,000 miles because a bad design flaw had caused part of the top land of 2 pistons to break off and let the rings start flopping around. Of course the compression fell off and the engine started running rough. I rebuilt it with all new pistons and rings. It never seemed to have the power or get the mileage it used to after that. It also used a little more oil than I thought it should. I was a mechanic for several years so I had done all the proper things for an engine rebuild yet the engine just wasn't as good as new like it should have been. I really think that for some reason the rings just didn't seat properly after the rebuild.

When I put in the Cerma a couple of weeks ago the car had 158,000 miles on it. You are supposed to drive it for at least 30 minutes after you first put it in. At the end of a 45 minute drive I could tell the engine was running a little smoother. This past weekend we went from central Georgia to northern Kentucky. When we got to the mountains in northern Georgia I could tell there was definitely a difference in the car. This car had always had to down-shift to keep up to speed on those long hills on interstate 75 if I had the cruise control on. On this trip it didn't do that! I was really surprised. I didn't really expect to see a lot of difference in the car because it wasn't running bad before. It just seemed a little weak and used a little oil. If you are familiar with I 24 going from Chattanooga to Nashville there is a mountain you go over called Monteagle. Even if I drive it with the cruise off this car has always had to down-shift to keep up to speed going up this mountain. This time it didn't! When we got to KY I checked the oil and I could barely see a difference on the dipstick. I had really been driving the car hard too. I was running between 70 -75 mph all the way except for 45 minutes stuck in Nashville where we only went 10 miles in that time because of ballgame traffic.

For only about $46 including shipping this is certainly an easy way to get an engine back to like new performance. I was really surprised at what a difference it made. I have tried a lot of things over the years but I have to say this is one product that does what it claims to do.

Carroll
                  Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

No I wasn't doubting whether it worked or not I was curious why the Hydrogen statements had been removed. They were there!!

It might have been part of there "Government Labs" deal.

No Biggy, just looking for the conspiracy.

Cheers
                    Matt

Comment

cifta, thanks for the pro opinion. I usually don't buy into these kinds of 'oil additives' but I'm thinking about this one. My one question is whether you do this treatment once or do you have to add it each time you do an oil change?
                      There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Hi ewizard,

According to the people at Cerma this is a one time deal. There are some copy cats out there that are saying their product should be used again at about 100,000 miles later. But Cerma says their product is good for the life of the engine, which according to them should be about 2 to 3 times as long as it would normally be. By the way they had a court battle over the name and finally won that in federal court. They were declared the original owners of the name Cermax. In order to prevent confusion over the name they changed the name to Cerma, but it is still the same product.

When I first saw this posted here I was pretty skeptical and decided to do some research. I went to some of the forums that deal with engines and engine additives. From the people that had NOT tried the product they were almost all convinced it was another snake oil. However everyone that had tried it said it really did work so I decided to give it a try. I am always leery of the testimonials about a product on the home page of the product so I wanted to get some other feedback. I think if you try it you will be surprised at how well it works.

Carroll

Comment

cifta, Thanks! I agree it's better to hear from someone you know is real rather than a testimonial on a product sale page. I did write Cerma and got a reply back answering my question also.

Comment

@ALL

just did three emissions test with it and got given some to test, we need to do the after in a few weeks. Will have an independent report for ALL.

@Matt now they say

Cerma with STM-3 is the only product of it kind that will stop hydrogen embrittlement damage in an engine

Ash

Comment

Still working

Well it's been a little over a year and a half since I did the Cerma treatment to our 1995 Saturn wagon and it is still working fine. We have put 30,000 miles on the car since then and it still uses no oil between normal changes and will only use about a quart if I let it go for 5,000 miles instead of normal 3,000 between changes. I think the oil is just breaking down after that long. The oil is still staying clean for a lot longer too. That is why I let it go sometimes for 5,000 miles before changes. It just doesn't look like it needs to be changed at 3,000 miles. The mileage is still up there too, in the mid 30s on a long trip. Just wanted to give a follow up report.

Carroll

Comment

Working...
                              X