Coil mystery - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil mystery - need help

I need to compute energy stored in coil depending on time of short-circuit it with DC source of power.
    The idea is simple : to connect high self-induction coil to DC source (battery of give capacity ,voltage and power in impulse) for a given period of time and mathematically compute the energy released on disconnect and voltage of flyback thus generated.

Is that possible ?

I know that em=L*dI/dt and e=0.5*L*I^2 are basic equations to compute electromotive force of self-induction and energy stored in coil but how to apply it to the time and power source in short-circuit ?

Can somebody help ?

He he nobody is willing to help ....
    Nevermind I solved it.

But you can help a bit if you know in which part of period of oscillation in LC circuit energy is stored in coil and in which it's stored in capacitor ?

Comment

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
      He he nobody is willing to help ....
      Nevermind I solved it.

But you can help a bit if you know in which part of period of oscillation in LC circuit energy is stored in coil and in which it's stored in capacitor ?
      Q1: I don't think i understood the first question. How did you solve it?
      Q2: Is this a trick question?

/Hob
      Hob Nilre
      http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

Originally posted by nilrehob View Post
        Q1: I don't think i understood the first question. How did you solve it?
        Q2: Is this a trick question?

/Hob
        No. I realized what Tesla did and it's very important to see it.
        There is only one LC resonant circuit , forget about parallel or series - those are because of connection to power source which MUST BE efficiently eliminated.That's the key and that's why there is the same equation for resonant frequency for any LC circuit - because there is only one and IT HAS TO OSCILLATE FREELY.

Let the swing be going and use only a little push, NO CONNECTION TO POWER SOURCE - power source is a FRICTION MECHANISM .

Tesla did it with 2 (actually 3 but you have to find why) resonant circuits joined together and that's why he called it - "make & break"

In today words : while forming separated parallel resonant circuit you have to form also series resonant circuit which eliminates power source interruption for the former and allow to give it a "kick" which rises amplitude up to the infinity. When LC circuit cannot stand up that it throw out excess power or simply burn out if you not allow him.
        Last edited by boguslaw; 11-23-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

No. I realized what Tesla did and it's very important to see it.
          There is only one LC resonant circuit , forget about parallel or series - those are because of connection to power source which MUST BE efficiently eliminated.That's the key and that's why there is the same equation for resonant frequency for any LC circuit - because there is only one and IT HAS TO OSCILLATE FREELY.
          I have come to the same conclusion, its all a matter of perspective.

Tesla did it with 2 (actually 3 but you have to find why) resonant circuits joined together and that's why he called it - "make & break"
          I think you have to expand on this, maybe also throw in a circuit diagram?

In today words : while forming separated parallel resonant circuit you have to form also series resonant circuit which eliminates power source interruption for the former and allow to give it a "kick" which rises amplitude up to the infinity. When LC circuit cannot stand up that it throw out excess power or simply burn out if you not allow him.
          I think you have to expand on this as well, maybe also throw in a circuit diagram here too?

/Hob
          Hob Nilre

Comment

APPARATUS FOE PRODUCING OZONE - Google Patent Search

Find 3 resonant circuit there

Comment

and here is quite visible
              METHOD OF REGULATING APPARATUS FOE ... - Google Patent Search

Comment

How fun!
                But I fail, i can only find the two obvious ones

/Hob
                Hob Nilre

Comment

A third within the motor? (i guess there is a motor or something)
                  Hob Nilre

Comment

Actually ozone patent was not so good. It may have 4 resonant circuits though 3 are important only I think

1 is obvious - capacitor and a coil of only few turns in parallel
                    2 - capacitor with coils of motor - in series when rotary sparkgap disconnects 1 one

3 - coils of motor with capacitance of power wires and power source in series ; when 1 circuit is closed that one also is closed charging coil

4 - it may be secondary with plates of device generating ozone but that one is not important

1,2,3 have to be in "harmonic perfection"

Comment

Working...
                    X