No announcement yet.

Simple Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Matt, I'm trying to catch up to what you have here and I missed something in the translation. What is a TS Motor?

Orion

Comment

Sorry I haven't got everything up to par yet, I am planting potatoes, need a few more days till I am done, then I am going to get everything updated here.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by nvisser View Post
        Hi Matt
        Please message me
        Vissie
        I think I wrote you back. I feel little lost with all the options.

Comment

Hi All,

I've built a few renditions of the Tesla Switch motor as well. One using Auto Relays (SPDT - 3 of them) and the other using SSR's (SPST 6 of them). The main design is an AC rotor configured with N/S magnets and the batteries send power either direction through the motor coils. The timing is done with a hall switch and a PWM to alter the pulse, and a timing disc that can be adjusted while the motor is running. To date my best results are with the automotive relays. I can measure about 2.5x the power through the load as compared to what is the draw on the batteries (including all 4). The motor isn't necessarily very efficient but does a good job of keeping the batteries mostly charged up and spins about 700RPM. It is a 25# rotor made of large ceramic magnets, 6" dia. PVC pipe, and filled with plaster. In time, the batteries eventually run down but much slower than if I ran the batteries as normal through the load to ground.

Anyhow, just sharing in case others are still working on the TS motor system.

Thx,
          EH

Comment

Working...
          X