No announcement yet.

Newman Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, started printing this beast and stopped it for two reasons........ We have more rain coming tonight and the least bit of lightning will kick my printer off....Als,. after seeing this thing on my printer...it's huge...there's no way I would ever have that much wire to wind on it. We need to think of a better realistic size. I sticking with 18" dia but the pocket size....will be way big. I already had to cut in 6 pieces instead of 4 to get it to fit my little CR10. I'm hoping to get the size down where I can fit two at once on here.

hula printing .jpg

Comment

Ok, I calculated the volume of wire on my 2.5 lb spool of 20 awg wire. Then I calculated the volume of 18" dia spool with a 1" x 1" pocket and found it has almost 4 times the volume of my wire It allows room for winding slop and it also allows me to print two at a time if I so choose. I'm going to print one and see how long it takes with a density of 10% with triangle fill.

Orion

Comment

And here it is..... first section 2hrs and 20 min. print time. Will use 1/4 x 20 bolts

HULA.jpg

Comment

Half way there.

Half Hula.jpg

Comment

Turning a thought into physical form.....nothing like it

IMG-1206.jpg

IMG-1207.jpg

Comment

Life happens, then wife happens. Surgery for her March 22nd.

I learned a lot from my (unseen) project which propels me to the next project. If life ever gives me time....preparing for her ordeal because I am the defacto supplier of food and I am NOT a cook. Oh well, I can't wait to put this chapter behind us so I can move forward with what I have found. Actually I can get a crawling start now.

I need a rotor with magnets on it. Anyone has one, please speak up. In the mean time I'm starting to design one I can make on my 3d printer. Actually I have a file from one I made years ago so I can modify that one to my present needs.

Poor Mikey.... he saw free energy EVERYWHERE and found none ANYWHERE. I'm usually a very friendly guy but he had a way about him that really irritated me.

RIP BM.

Comment

Found my file....it's going to be the classic spinner with four magnets, two drive coils, and a couple extra things. I'll show the progress here this time. I have hall effect modules and reed switches but I'm going to use a different driver circuit showcased by a David Williams, then Tinsel Koala, then LaserSaber. They show using 1.5 volts but I'm going to tweak it and push it harder.

Comment

I have several rotors of different sizes. Some with magnets and some without. Tomorrow I will take some pictures of what I have and shoot you an email. Happy to send you anything you can use. Done with all these rotors.
                  “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                  —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                    I have several rotors of different sizes. Some with magnets and some without. Tomorrow I will take some pictures of what I have and shoot you an email. Happy to send you anything you can use. Done with all these rotors.
                    Thanks David!

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                      Thanks for the pics and the offer. You make big honkin' and heavy rotors with nice mags but I'm not in the mood to gin up a heavy duty driver or steal your nice Mags

I'll just stick with my little rotor and simple driver. I bought 10 ea of both transistors and everything else for $17 and $8 of that was Mouser freight.
                      I have to decide on mags and start printing the rotor to fit them and hold the 8mm skate bearings.

Comment

Simple spinner - bearings top and bottom, 7mm x 22mm
                        8mm shoulder bolt for shaft.
                        countersink magnets with #6 screws.

new rotor.png
                        Attached Files

Comment

doesn't want to show pic
                          Last edited by OrionLightShip; 03-06-2023, 03:23 AM.

Comment

IMG-1272.jpg
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X