Avramenko plug must be spark gapped to get current

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avramenko plug must be spark gapped to get current

Sorry if this info has been posted before, I can't find any.

Seeing avramenko mentioned a couple of time I decide to measure the capability of my circuit when utilized by avramenko plug.

Using two different diode, 1N5822 and FR302, both is low voltage 3 Ampere fast diode, I got reading up to 9V on one of my transformer leg, around 4V on other leg. I also got current reading up to 100mA on 9V leg, but only on spark connection.

The low voltage reading make me curious and I decide to test it with HV diode (thanks Ben) HVCA 2CL2FM. The output considerably lower, much lower voltage and also much lower current. I think high speed high current diode need to be used, maybe also high voltage.

Although the original design use direct wire connection, I think spark gap is a must if we intend to utilize avramenko plug, otherwise we only get voltage and not current.

YouTube - Avramenko plug must be connect trough spark gap
    Attached Files

Hv diode

Glad you could get use out of the diodes

They're 20kv .1 amp

Some of the effect you are seeing might be due to the RF that is also making horizontal lines on your camera.

I've been meaning to do spark gap broadband RF experiments, so Thankyou!

It'd be great to see an avramenko plug of 1n4148 diodes off mass, like an alu sphere near the spark.

Can send you some Germanium diodes and 1n4148's if you want them Sucahyo. Just need your adress again.

Love and light
    Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

Ok. Thanks .

Comment

Trying to charge nicad using spark gapped avramenko plug just now. In 5 minutes my network card, mouse and sound card stop working, I have to unplug the computer power to restore it. This spark really interfering things, I guess I have to go back to direct radiant charging again....
        Last edited by sucahyo; 10-21-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X