• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

now my very stupide question:
    if we plug a cap 25 micro farad ( 350 ac v) to the mains
    it will draw 2 Amps?

is that power registred on the home meter? ( cos 90 = 0 v*i *cos )
    this is var current?

thanks
    best regards
    luc2010
    Last edited by luc2010; 12-18-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by luc2010 View Post
      saved for later use!

Sir,
      you ever come up with a simple solution?

best regards
      luc2010
      LOL I tend to overthink stuff, but the cursed usually does.

Comment

• since i dont know for sure,

may be, i must do the experiment?
        by conneting a cap to the mains and see if it can turn the home meter??

thanks and regards

Comment

since i dont know for sure,

may be, i must do the experiment?
          by conneting a cap to the mains and see if it can turn the home meter??

thanks and regards
          It depends on:
          • How you are charging that capacitor.
          • If the input power charging the capacitor is affected by the load.
          • How quickly you discharging the capacitor

A charging capacitor is a huge load, a charged capacitor is not. You pay for the charging. If you use the grid that way.

In my EVG replaction, I charged a 450V/460uF cap to 400V using grid current. It used between 2 to 3 Amps at 400VDC. I was pulling 800 to 1200 watts to charge that capacitor and discharge the cap fast enough to provide continuous motion of a crankshaft. That is real power that is turning the meter.

However there are more efficient ways to charge a capacitor (HV/HF). You can do it by radiant energy, and the input won't see the output load. In the case of a tesla coil RX/TX perhaps. Think of yourself living next to a radio station transmitter.

You can get a tuned circuit to ring to the station frequency, and then place a diode bridge to drive your load. The radio station doesn't feel you leeching off their transmission. The downside is it's hard to scale up if you are making a TX yourself.

Be safe if you are working on the grid, use an isolation transformer, and proper fusing.

Comment

hi

now my very stupide question:
            if we plug a cap 25 micro farad ( 350 ac v) to the mains
            it will draw 2 Amps?

is that power registred on the home meter? ( cos 90 = 0 v*i *cos )
            this is var current?

thanks
            best regards
            luc2010
            Hi !

there's no perfect capacitor so you have a pure reactive current ( wattles ), there's other hidden resistive material either in the capacitor itself or the power source , the angle phase will shift slightly and the meter will see power consumption

hope this help .

Comment

• Hi guys,
              Pretty hectic for me at the moment. My daughter is getting married on Friday 28th December, I am off to Japan on the 31st December, and we have Christmas in two days!! However, I am moving forward, still found some time. I am learning the best way to control the carnauba wax. Melt and mix, then pour into mould. Let it cool down to about 40C, then reheat the mould and contents to about 80C -100c: allowing for mould density. Such that the wax is like very soft putty but not liquid. Charge from here, avoids punch through from possible current build up. Getting quite good results. Should be able to test one or two when I return from Japan. About a month.

Have a great Christmas Season and I trust we will all be looking forward to a great new year!

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwane View Post
                Hi guys,
                Pretty hectic for me at the moment. My daughter is getting married on Friday 28th December, I am off to Japan on the 31st December, and we have Christmas in two days!! However, I am moving forward, still found some time. I am learning the best way to control the carnauba wax. Melt and mix, then pour into mould. Let it cool down to about 40C, then reheat the mould and contents to about 80C -100c: allowing for mould density. Such that the wax is like very soft putty but not liquid. Charge from here, avoids punch through from possible current build up. Getting quite good results. Should be able to test one or two when I return from Japan. About a month.

Have a great Christmas Season and I trust we will all be looking forward to a great new year!

Regards

Dwane
                Congratulations and have a safe and wonderful holiday with your family.

et in terra pax in hominibus bonae voluntatis

Comment

• Congratulation Dwane ! have a great time

Comment

• Don 2 new video`s ?

Probably every one allready seen these .. but for me these 2 video`are new :

Don Smith 1994 Tesla Symposium
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHr3eDELyHk

Don Smith 1995 Tesla Symposium
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwVTDctXyos

I am Happy

Comment

• Originally posted by Utopia Now View Post

I am Happy
                      Yep it was posted recently, and it was new for me too when I saw it. You really feel that Don had insights to how build something that worked differently outside classic physics, and a video where he really explains how a device is supposed to work through most of the stages.

Though it still is incomplete.

Comment

• Originally posted by Utopia Now View Post

I am Happy

Yes very interesting video , i posted them in my thread also , fortunately they are public so more info is available now !

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                          Wedding went off without a hitch! A really good day for everyone. Thanks for your comments.

I found that there were two sections of critical information. There could be more, just takes a few viewing of his comments to decipher. These were in the second video in the first part where he is talking about teflon and mylar. The other important bit, to my mind, was in the Second part again, but in the last video section where he is discussing the Marx Generator. Some how. he is looking for large voltage spikes. I have been trying to concentrate on this long video.

Off to Japan on Monday, thinking ceases for several weeks!!!!

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• Don 1994 video

I found it interesting how Don talked about the Schematic in the 1994 video .. about the one he drew on the white board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHr3eDELyHk#t=2540

About the offset from the 2 back to back Tesla coils : one 50 windings CW and one 52 windings CCW
                            And the blocking devices to earth grounding for setting the right resonant tuning maybe.

Here are the things i found interesting : from the 1994 Don Video

10.30 How to recognize overunity .. you can see where the thing passed outside the envelope and it gets even bigger and than it collapses and it starts the whole thing over again.
                            This particular effect depends on how you work your shunt on your resonant circuit.
                            12.20 the third one is a particular arrangement of a grounding shunt which means that its ability to communicate with the electron source which would be your grounding and the resistance there is like a dam on a large body of water and it lets the electrons through and than they get caught behind this dam … this whole device is like a pump , all it`s doing is like the dominos we were talking about … its tripping the electrons here and … each time one is tripped it gives of a magnetic impulse First and then wen it comes back on that infinity loop it gives of an electrical impulse .. and this goes on perpetually
                            18.00 m. A wire has its own inductance and capacitance .. and resonance freq.
                            42.35 Ticker coil ( l1 ) 53.00 resistor or capacitor 100 ΰ 500 ohm
                            49.00 say L1 is 4 point something feet .. which corresponds to 220 Mhz
                            49.45 The second coil will run on a different frequency, because the wire lenght is different. Coils are actually antenna`s that have been coiled for conveniance.
                            If you get into wave kind of arangements, you have Ό ½ 1/8 etc. L1 L2 their should be a relationship, either a multiple or devision of the same frequency.
                            52.20 everytime you put on a capacitor or resistor in this system, it`s gonna lower the frequency .. so the highest it can be is based on the length of the wire.
                            52.40 We have 2 coils and they maybe very slightly out of tune .. so you need a variable device here ( on L2 to ground ) that can be a blocking device … variable capacitor or resistor or other thing .. you can experiment with that .. if resistor .. not to big .. say 500 ΰ 100 ohm … this is gonna be that shunt thats gonna be in that resonant circuit we were talkig about earlier…. Its going to be the dam thats going to hold the water behind it.
                            53. 30 At that point we have 1000 V at radio frequency that is absolutely useless to us , unless we do something els to it
                            54.00 L1 4 windingen L2 1 winding .. opmerkelijk .. nu verder :
                            54.05 we got one turn here and we got it grounded with a variable device on it so that we can fine tune it ( maybe a piece of wire with variable length … maybe ? )
                            54.20 now we have here from L2 on an alternating current at radio freq.
                            Some question from audience .. about shunt ... > yess that is the shunt in the res. radio freq. configuration, that produces the dam that keeps the energy … once it gets to oscillating inside the system it can come in but it can`t get out , unless its hooked into an other system .. yeahh well its simply a blocking device which keeps your resonant coil system which normally you have a capacitor and a coil and you got them like this ( parallel ? ) well in our case we have put both the capacitor and the coil in 1 wire … and we have eliminated some components that are subject to fail when we do that .. capacitors are subject to fail so you have actually made a device which is less likely to fail

56 L1 grounded in to de device itself L2 grounded in Earth like Tesla coil
                            57 step down Fullwave bridge AC to DC into 2 Tesla Coils back to Back ( CW CCW )
                            57.50 we`ve got DC here, we`ve got to puls that in order for this coil to work .. so what we do is we put a capacitor in parallel there which gives a pulsing effect or an of and on effect which will cause the magnetic field of the induction to pick up in these two other coils

50 turns per Tesla Coil diameter 1 Ό inch but 1 coil 2 turns extra beacuase you want one end to be delayed so you get an offset on those spikes … you see `m on the osciloscoop.
                            1.02.50 On that coil we have 2 spikes, 1 above and 1 below now and we are getting very close now to the waveform that we`re wanting so ..
                            1.04 here we have an other wave shaping manouvre that is going to occur and at this point what we want to do is round those spikes of … we have a normal sine wave … we need to delay te time a little bit there so that when it`s up at the top there that it`s gonna spread out in this top area and when we do that we end up with this type of thing. .. now we are at the wave form wher we can do something .. we`ve got 100 V and we`ve got the proper wave form .. now we gonna set the freq. And there is gonna be an other manouvre at this point .. and basically this is wher we go back into the overunity thing …
                            we are going into a resonant iron core transformer system… with amps etc the primary winding part of the transformer is self resonant ( maybe with cap in parallel ? )
                            1.09 parallel cap with primary winding for 60 Hz res freq.
                            1. 10 2 Tesla coils back to back 50 and 52 windings the 2 windings extra give a delaying effect on the second spike … you get an offset on it , it doesn`t matter which end .. they are wound 1 cw and second ccw .. that is part of the slowing down of the electrons so that you end up with the wave form that you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHr3eDELyHk#t=630

1.11.09 we are working with a DC spike getting in and we want to get rid off the spike. 50 and 52 w and the other coil is 20 w for lowering the voltage
                            1 uur 42 Coils L2 L3 L4 L5 L6 L7

Happy New Year

Comment

• Great Work!

Originally posted by Utopia Now View Post
                              I found it interesting how Don talked about the Schematic in the 1994 video .. about the one he drew on the white board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHr3eDELyHk#t=2540

About the offset from the 2 back to back Tesla coils : one 50 windings CW and one 52 windings CCW
                              And the blocking devices to earth grounding for setting the right resonant tuning maybe.

Here are the things i found interesting : from the 1994 Don Video

10.30 How to recognize overunity .. you can see where the thing passed outside the envelope and it gets even bigger and than it collapses and it starts the whole thing over again.
                              This particular effect depends on how you work your shunt on your resonant circuit.
                              12.20 the third one is a particular arrangement of a grounding shunt which means that its ability to communicate with the electron source which would be your grounding and the resistance there is like a dam on a large body of water and it lets the electrons through and than they get caught behind this dam … this whole device is like a pump , all it`s doing is like the dominos we were talking about … its tripping the electrons here and … each time one is tripped it gives of a magnetic impulse First and then wen it comes back on that infinity loop it gives of an electrical impulse .. and this goes on perpetually
                              18.00 m. A wire has its own inductance and capacitance .. and resonance freq.
                              42.35 Ticker coil ( l1 ) 53.00 resistor or capacitor 100 ΰ 500 ohm
                              49.00 say L1 is 4 point something feet .. which corresponds to 220 Mhz
                              49.45 The second coil will run on a different frequency, because the wire lenght is different. Coils are actually antenna`s that have been coiled for conveniance.
                              If you get into wave kind of arangements, you have Ό ½ 1/8 etc. L1 L2 their should be a relationship, either a multiple or devision of the same frequency.
                              52.20 everytime you put on a capacitor or resistor in this system, it`s gonna lower the frequency .. so the highest it can be is based on the length of the wire.
                              52.40 We have 2 coils and they maybe very slightly out of tune .. so you need a variable device here ( on L2 to ground ) that can be a blocking device … variable capacitor or resistor or other thing .. you can experiment with that .. if resistor .. not to big .. say 500 ΰ 100 ohm … this is gonna be that shunt thats gonna be in that resonant circuit we were talkig about earlier…. Its going to be the dam thats going to hold the water behind it.
                              53. 30 At that point we have 1000 V at radio frequency that is absolutely useless to us , unless we do something els to it
                              54.00 L1 4 windingen L2 1 winding .. opmerkelijk .. nu verder :
                              54.05 we got one turn here and we got it grounded with a variable device on it so that we can fine tune it ( maybe a piece of wire with variable length … maybe ? )
                              54.20 now we have here from L2 on an alternating current at radio freq.
                              Some question from audience .. about shunt ... > yess that is the shunt in the res. radio freq. configuration, that produces the dam that keeps the energy … once it gets to oscillating inside the system it can come in but it can`t get out , unless its hooked into an other system .. yeahh well its simply a blocking device which keeps your resonant coil system which normally you have a capacitor and a coil and you got them like this ( parallel ? ) well in our case we have put both the capacitor and the coil in 1 wire … and we have eliminated some components that are subject to fail when we do that .. capacitors are subject to fail so you have actually made a device which is less likely to fail

56 L1 grounded in to de device itself L2 grounded in Earth like Tesla coil
                              57 step down Fullwave bridge AC to DC into 2 Tesla Coils back to Back ( CW CCW )
                              57.50 we`ve got DC here, we`ve got to puls that in order for this coil to work .. so what we do is we put a capacitor in parallel there which gives a pulsing effect or an of and on effect which will cause the magnetic field of the induction to pick up in these two other coils

50 turns per Tesla Coil diameter 1 Ό inch but 1 coil 2 turns extra beacuase you want one end to be delayed so you get an offset on those spikes … you see `m on the osciloscoop.
                              1.02.50 On that coil we have 2 spikes, 1 above and 1 below now and we are getting very close now to the waveform that we`re wanting so ..
                              1.04 here we have an other wave shaping manouvre that is going to occur and at this point what we want to do is round those spikes of … we have a normal sine wave … we need to delay te time a little bit there so that when it`s up at the top there that it`s gonna spread out in this top area and when we do that we end up with this type of thing. .. now we are at the wave form wher we can do something .. we`ve got 100 V and we`ve got the proper wave form .. now we gonna set the freq. And there is gonna be an other manouvre at this point .. and basically this is wher we go back into the overunity thing …
                              we are going into a resonant iron core transformer system… with amps etc the primary winding part of the transformer is self resonant ( maybe with cap in parallel ? )
                              1.09 parallel cap with primary winding for 60 Hz res freq.
                              1. 10 2 Tesla coils back to back 50 and 52 windings the 2 windings extra give a delaying effect on the second spike … you get an offset on it , it doesn`t matter which end .. they are wound 1 cw and second ccw .. that is part of the slowing down of the electrons so that you end up with the wave form that you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHr3eDELyHk#t=630

1.11.09 we are working with a DC spike getting in and we want to get rid off the spike. 50 and 52 w and the other coil is 20 w for lowering the voltage
                              1 uur 42 Coils L2 L3 L4 L5 L6 L7

Happy New Year
                              Hi ilandtan,
                              Great work. Looks like you have save us all a lot of work. THis will make it easy for me to spend some time on this whle away!

Thanks and Regards

Dwane

Comment

• Don 1994 video Schematic

Here the drawings Don made in the 1994 video.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X