Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Small Ending Big

There are multiple ways to harness radiant energy I want to prove that you can do real work with the simplest setup. Obviously this is not HF to ground, which we always see. It's not a Tesla hairpin in disguise. I feel it's a simple new direction.

We always see people lighting CFL bulbs and florescent tubes, and can't figure out how to get any real work. So if we are going to play who can light bulbs with the least, here is my submission. I want to start small and end big.

My objective is to learn from something that actually does some real work (lights more than an array of LEDs), and make it better.
    Last edited by ilandtan; 02-12-2018, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ilandtan View Post
      There are multiple ways to harness radiant energy I want to prove that you can do real work with the simplest setup. Obviously this is not HF to ground, which we always see. It's not a Tesla hairpin in disguise. I feel it's a simple new direction.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i1OSJ5pq0w[/VIDEO]

We always see people lighting CFL bulbs and florescent tubes, and can't figure out how to get any real work. So if we are going to play who can light bulbs with the least, here is my submission. I want to start small and end big.

My objective is to learn from something that actually does some real work (lights more than an array of LEDs), and make it better.

Hello ilandtan!

nice to see you , the best teacher in this field should be the nature itself .. i suggest some of Rick Friedrich video about Don smith :

Everyone mistaken about Don Smith and his L2 Coil

https://youtu.be/apOnutAELbo

Collecting the Heaviside Energy Flow at Right Angles

https://youtu.be/eW-Q77slGAw

we are doing a chaotic and confused work ( i talk about myself ... ) but in Don Smith device the electrons are organised strictly ! positive this way negative the other way ! they only meet each other to do real work !

Comment

• Originally posted by med.3012 View Post
        Hello ilandtan!

nice to see you , the best teacher in this field should be the nature itself .. i suggest some of Rick Friedrich video about Don smith :
        Hi Med, Unfortunately I have tried to view Rick's videos, I find them hard to watch for the full duration because they seem wordy and cyclical. He seems to be knowledgeable or maybe it's over my head, I feel like I'm being lectured not taught.

I am looking for some ideas of how many Tesla receivers you can use, without loading the transmitter. According to D.S. you should not be limited. I want to do what I did in the video, but transmitted through Earth grounding. So I welcome any input anybody has!

Comment

• Coil SG!

Hello tswift,
          If you are still reading this thread. I have finally built the Tesla coil arrangement similar to that you show. I have a simple problem. I am using a ZVS Mazilli type power supply. For the life of me, I am unable to get a firing across the spark gap. No matter what I change or adust. If I short the cap I get a constant plasma strike. There is an impedance issue I feel, or a low currnet. Possible clues might help me resolve this.

The Mazilli is running at 44Khz, the primary sg circuit is tuning at around 2700hz, the primary coil is tuning at 980khz and the secondary is tuning at 1050 (within 10% tolerance) the primary cap is 10 nano

Although, the only way I can see ahead is with diodes in the circuit to the cap. Much like Don's circuit. Though I do not see this option in other tesla coil circuits.
          Regards

Dwane
          Last edited by Dwane; 01-28-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Hi Med, Unfortunately I have tried to view Rick's videos, I find them hard to watch for the full duration because they seem wordy and cyclical. He seems to be knowledgeable or maybe it's over my head, I feel like I'm being lectured not taught.

I am looking for some ideas of how many Tesla receivers you can use, without loading the transmitter. According to D.S. you should not be limited. I want to do what I did in the video, but transmitted through Earth grounding. So I welcome any input anybody has!

Hi !

i agree with you, i suggest them to refresh your mind so maybe an idea will pop up, i am trying the same things but i want something compacted, i had an idea , i tested it but it's another failure

i gave it the name the D-ETBC, a kind of coil that work as energy harvesting :

after testing it i am able to know why it's a problematic , the geometry is very complicated , here you are the video describe it :

https://youtu.be/GuvJfAV1UA8

i was trying to use the right angle as described by Don Smith, also eliminating lenz's effect , i have a conclusion the right angle is the most important phenomena ... but the worst covered in text book !!! something they call Heaviside Energy Flow at Right Angles, even in the video of Rick Friedrich isn't explained so it can be fully used , Don smith talk about using the magnetic field at right angle but Rick Friedrich show us the old expiriment using two plates as a capacitor where he applied an electric current ...

another important discussion is the Lenz's effect ??!! is it so important to cancel it ? in smith PDF he talk about the loaded Dipole and their electromagnetic radiation ..

i think it's not important to get rid from Lenz's effect because it helped don smith to achieve high output .

Comment

• driver issiue

Hi tswift,
              I am thinking, as I am getting AC output from fly back transformer in ZVS power unit, that the internal diode is stuffed. External diodes work for me!

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• Originally posted by med.3012 View Post
                Hi !

i was trying to use the right angle as described by Don Smith, also eliminating lenz's effect , i have a conclusion the right angle is the most important phenomena ... but the worst covered in text book !!! something they call Heaviside Energy Flow at Right Angles, even in the video of Rick Friedrich isn't explained so it can be fully used , Don smith talk about using the magnetic field at right angle but Rick Friedrich show us the old expiriment using two plates as a capacitor where he applied an electric current ...

another important discussion is the Lenz's effect ??!! is it so important to cancel it ? in smith PDF he talk about the loaded Dipole and their electromagnetic radiation ..

i think it's not important to get rid from Lenz's effect because it helped don smith to achieve high output .

Hi med.3012,

I have attempted to watch the videos of Rick Friedrick, you have linked. I would surmise that Rick could summarise his videos in about 15% of the time taken by him "pissing" about trying to sound knowledgeable. Boring and tedious does not even come close to describing any of the defining moments in his videos. I am always wondering when I try and watch any of his videos two things. One, how he hurt John Bedini with the issue of, what I think the issue was, misappropriation of intellectual property: two when is the make-up artist is going to enter the video and touch up his make up. His video's are not about his knowledge, but, about what he thinks of himself.

I have learned more from your Series ETBC video regarding some of the intricacies of power generation and power amplification, than Rick FriedRick could only dream about trying to explain. I always end up never watching fully any of his videos!!!

Regards

Dwane
                Last edited by Dwane; 02-08-2018, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• Why do we keep beating our heads on the exciter

If you consider all the pages of this thread, and the shear effort placed on the trying to build resonance. I think people would figure out that the exciter "disturber" of the ambient, isn't the hard part. I am not working on any exciter module technology.

It is the collection and transformation of stored energy. Two of Don Smith's devices don't show any L1/L2 coils, the part we don't see is this part that has been left out. The "Ambient Energy Generator" harnessing the Don Smith Effect. He said ALL his devices work that way. If any body has a clue and insights on this please respond.

Comment

If you consider all the pages of this thread, and the shear effort placed on the trying to build resonance. I think people would figure out that the exciter "disturber" of the ambient, isn't the hard part. I am not working on any exciter module technology.

It is the collection and transformation of stored energy. Two of Don Smith's devices don't show any L1/L2 coils, the part we don't see is this part that has been left out. The "Ambient Energy Generator" harnessing the Don Smith Effect. He said ALL his devices work that way. If any body has a clue and insights on this please respond.
                    Hi ilandtan,
                    Moi aussi! I too have attempted to understand " ambient energy generator". I have come to the conclusion that the attention to the exciter is due to the number of souls out there that are committed to concept of disturbing the ambient field surrounding us. I think Don states this too. So, exciter it is.

A physicist might be able to explain the ambient concept more clrearly, like suggesting molecular movement, matter antimatter, elctrons and so it goes. Jumbled up in all this is the glue that is made that holds it all together. Disturb the pot of glue and it will splill over and stick to something else! If I personally understand Don Smith at all, it is that he was able to stand back from the crowd and look into the mass without hysteria! He perceived that the mass held itself together by interaction, just as a crowd will stay together if there is a common theme. For DOn smith, I think that theme was understanding the imperative of the magnetic flux. Just like a verb to join or assimilate under a common theme: which verb is?

There is nothing simple about Don Smith's work. He understood what he wanted to achieve! Therefore, to him his success in understanding simplified the process for himself.

What we do not understand, is the simplicity that Don achieved!!

Just some musings to while the time away, wait for the explosion in my mind as to how to put it all together.

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• You just have to look up the words "near unity" and "Near-Unity" in the Don Smith pdf, to understand that resonant coils are important in some of his systems. Like a stepping stone across the water stream, but it isn't the other shore.

Check this out if you want Don Smith Clarity/

The real point is, it seems that nobody on this forum pursues the magnetic aspect of these circuits, everybody spent so much time on the 2KW device (with 4 large PIO caps) because it's laid out and people have pictures to retro-engineer it. Ignoring the glaring fault to the circuit, it is incomplete, and f*** dangerous if you let it sit unloaded. The caps will charge to 8KV, and it will blow up anything you put across it. It's crazy huge, and at least 500 dollars in parts.

Don Smith said not to chase the wrong rabbit, and it's all that's been done. Trying to wind coils upon coils, just experimenting with coil geometries. I just don't think this way...

Comment

• I also wanted to say that this thread was opened 10-17-2009, 11:30 AM. What have we learned?

Nothing

I am going to be honest: This maybe on purpose. All of Zilano's aid boiled down to a simple challenge, show me something working. Something not recognized as HF. It was never done by any replication. I only saw near unity, which is what D.S said would happen.

Insanity is continually repeating an action that has one outcome, and expecting another.

We have to do things differently.
                        Last edited by ilandtan; 02-14-2018, 06:31 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

I also wanted to say that this thread was opened 10-17-2009, 11:30 AM. What have we learned?

Nothing

I am going to be honest: This maybe on purpose. All of Zilano's aid boiled down to a simple challenge, show me something working. Something not recognized as HF. It was never done by any replication. I only saw near unity, which is what D.S said would happen.

Insanity is continually repeating an action that has one outcome, and expecting another.

We have to do things differently.

Hello ilandtan

I agree with Dwane that Don smith device is so simple so it's very difficult to guess... , the phenomena involved should be new and not covered yet in any Text book..., one of them is the induction on a conducting surface ... the following from Don PDF :

it's clear Don device make a copy of available electric flux with radio frequency , each copy is a unity when thousand or million of oscillation in one second you have a huge gain !

regards
                          Attached Files

Comment

The real point is, it seems that nobody on this forum pursues the magnetic aspect of these circuits, everybody spent so much time on the 2KW device (with 4 large PIO caps) because it's laid out and people have pictures to retro-engineer it. Ignoring the glaring fault to the circuit, it is incomplete, and f*** dangerous if you let it sit unloaded. The caps will charge to 8KV, and it will blow up anything you put across it. It's crazy huge, and at least 500 dollars in parts.

Don Smith said not to chase the wrong rabbit, and it's all that's been done. Trying to wind coils upon coils, just experimenting with coil geometries. I just don't think this way...
                            Don smith also said of the above demonstration model - 2KW(?) - that "I built it this way, because this is what people expect to see". What does that tell us? It suggests that a lot of time has been wasted on a teaching aid! Contained in this model are the clues to what Don was doing.

Also, I think Med.3012, and yourself are correct, its all about resonance and magnetic flux.

Regards

Dwane
                            Last edited by Dwane; 02-14-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Proof Not Quotes

It's not that I disagree with either of you, I can't tell you the answer because I don't know. But I have not seen "Huge Gain" I can only draw from my tests. I have put plates at right angles to a slayer coil... nothing remarkable.

I don't know why you would need to surround the entire L2 coil since the magnetic field would be resonant in a torus, with nodes and anti nodes.

I haven't seen anybody try it that way. I am not quoting any other Don Smith sayings(it's supporting theories with more theories), it's more useful to prove something to show "Any Gain At All".

Comment

It's not that I disagree with either of you, I can't tell you the answer because I don't know. But I have not seen "Huge Gain" I can only draw from my tests. I have put plates at right angles to a slayer coil... nothing remarkable.

I don't know why you would need to surround the entire L2 coil since the magnetic field would be resonant in a torus, with nodes and anti nodes.

I haven't seen anybody try it that way. I am not quoting any other Don Smith sayings(it's supporting theories with more theories), it's more useful to prove something to show "Any Gain At All".

the following is a video posted in 2006 show the concept of serial ETBC,

https://youtu.be/lo0dRiKWUOc

input 3W charging 100UF TO 300V in about 3 second and discharging this to 40W/220V light bulb, i don't claim this is an over unity device but at least it's very important... until now only two people replicate this design... , Dwane and another person i know , in my opinion it's a learning process .. people on these energetic forums are doing a fantastic job since they have the willing to share what they find ... others already has something that work but they are quiet .. they only interact with big idea to get more but everything remain proprietary .. the problem is still human not scientific ...

like fighting in a cave of gold who has the proprietary while the process is natural .. the nature still amaze us to teach us but unfortunately stupidity is still around !

Comment

Working...
                                X