X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazilli!

Originally posted by med.3012 View Post
    hello

sorry for the unclear image, the driver name is Mazilli , ferrite is more efficient but powdered iron core will work just fine, since the frequency of ETBC is relatively low 400 khz, the core used is a TV Yoke, constructing the ETBC in low voltage is easy, please visit my thread for other details :

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...lained-22.html

you can use different material if you like when constructing the ETBC, you can use aluminium or copper as foils, you can use ferritic stainless steel ( thin foils for easy construction also for low eddy loss ) magnetic material in this stage alter more ambient power because the needed electrons spin will be provided by the ferritic stainless steel not the power you put to the device ( current ) , in lower voltage this experiment will teach you other things , keep in mind L2 coil can be dangerous and can burn your finger immediately, you can also see the smoke if you put a meat in contact with L2, the device can be more dangerous in HV if built successfully .

Hello Med.3012,
    I have one of these cicuits I made some time ago using 3055", taken from the JLN website. Did not know it was called a Mazilli driver! I am going to rewind it and replace the 3055'5 with IRFP's. I am pretty busy at the moment so its going to be a few days until I can try a replication of your experiment. Will post my results then.

Thank you for the Resonant link. Although I have a scope and function generator, I am struggling a little bit to get the results I calculate for the LC circuits I build!. Your link has lots of information, I am working through it slowly.

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• @Gedfire

i am studying this device since a long time but i have a different idea about the used primary coil , i tried this experiment to see if i am working with the correct waves, it seem to be a special waves with more speed as discussed above, you can use the Avramenko's plug directly from L2 but the earth is a must to see a good power! i tried to charge some HV capacitor (450 v ) quickly but i wanted to see a continuous flow of radiant energy and i saw it

@Dwane

Yes Mazilli driver can put a large current to your tank LC circuit , the voltage limit for this circuit is about 36 V, you can use IRFZ44 MOSFET, it's cheap and do the job, good luck and let us know the progress !

regards

Comment

• A little off topic. I am attempting a build of Don's transmitter/multiple receivers design.

I have a number of secondaries wound on pvc tubes around which I intend to wind the primary. The secondaries were built by first drilling two holes in the pvc pipe and passing the insulated wire through before winding on the coil. The secondaries have been bundled together using cable ties.

Question: How do I wind the primary around the middle of the secondaries and prevent it from unraveling? I think something more secure than just insulated tape would be necessary. As you may realize I'm a newbie at this.

Comment

• Originally posted by p75213 View Post
          A little off topic. I am attempting a build of Don's transmitter/multiple receivers design.
          No, I don't think that's off topic at all, this is the DON SMITH thread after all. This is one design of Don's that I don't think has gotten much attention or replication attempts. I'm not sure how it would differ particularly from a single receiver coil, but who knows? That's the point of experimenting, to find out where the theory isn't completely correct.

As far as a practical answer to your build question, the simplest way is to use a cylindrical coil form big enough to fit around all the secondaries. PVC works but is harder to find in larger sizes. I have used the cardboard tubes that are sold for use as concrete forms (for pouring piers and bases for things like lamp posts and street signs). These work, although I learned from my SSTC that the black writing on the outside of the tube has enough carbon content in the ink to be CONDUCTIVE. I didn't know this until my tube started smoking and actually burning around the writing. Thankfully it was just smoldering and it went out on its own when I cut the power off. It ruined my secondary by shorting some turns though, so I had to wind another one. This time I peeled the outer paper layer off and sanded any remaining bits of writing until it was clean enough.

For holding the turns in place, obviously the easiest idea is the one you're already using: just drill two holes. However, if you have tubes in a number of different sizes and your wire is rigid enough, you can wind the right amount of wire on a smaller diameter tube, coiling it tightly enough so the wire yields and conforms. Then slide it off that form and work it progressively around your bigger form without uncoiling it, and it will have some tension. This can be a bit tricky depending on how much wire you're working with, it's like holding one of the "slinky" spring toys.

Comment

• Don

@Gedfire

i am studying this device since a long time but i have a different idea about the used primary coil , i tried this experiment to see if i am working with the correct waves, it seem to be a special waves with more speed as discussed above, you can use the Avramenko's plug directly from L2 but the earth is a must to see a good power! i tried to charge some HV capacitor (450 v ) quickly but i wanted to see a continuous flow of radiant energy and i saw it

regards
            Thanks man

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
              Thanks man

Welcome !

Comment

• Hello everyone, ( duplicate from the resonance energy device explained )

just to share some interesting simulation results using NI Multisim regarding the effect of resonance in parallel LC, the following image show a resonating L1C1 where there's a huge current circulate , in practice it's not possible to achieve such value due to the presence of resistance , the simulator work in a virtual conditions where there's no resistance in wires, perfect capacitor , perfect coil, we can't offer this in real life ..

i tried to simulate the same thing using square waves where's the duty cycle is 10% ( this is important where we drive a MOSFET , with 10% the MOSFET remain cold)

now removing the diode we see the current decrease !!!

Comment

• Metglass

Hi guys,
                  My metglass core has arrived. I have wound a couple of test coils to try and measure the output. I ave noticed that at low frequency the core rattle and make a lot of noise. I have tightened the core up with straps, but this has not made much of a difference. Is there a compound that I should be using to join the two halves together?

Thanks

Dwane

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwane View Post
                    Hi guys,
                    My metglass core has arrived. I have wound a couple of test coils to try and measure the output. I ave noticed that at low frequency the core rattle and make a lot of noise. I have tightened the core up with straps, but this has not made much of a difference. Is there a compound that I should be using to join the two halves together?

Thanks

Dwane

Hello Dwane !

can you provide more info about the circuit used to drive the test?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwane View Post
                      As you probably noticed, the two core halves are marked so you can get them back in the same orientation, they are machined very precisely so they fit together with absolutely minimal gap. Putting anything in that fit will change the properties of the magnetic circuit, not to mention that if you glue them together it will make it quite difficult to rewind the coils if you want to change the design. Unfortunately, none of that solves the problem. I have seen picture of metglas cores with a big metal bar on top and two threaded rods that you can crank down to really clamp the halves together with a lot of force, I guess that's the usual solution. Metglas isn't usually used at low frequencies where the noise is a big problem, because the additional cost doesn't justify the additional performance (mainly reduced core loss). But of course it does work ok at 50/60 Hz if you want it to. At 100 KHz you won't hear anything....

Comment

• See attached

Hello Dwane !

can you provide more info about the circuit used to drive the test?
                        Hi med.3012,
                        here is a link to a page from RomeroUK. I have been looking at this circuit and its requirement for resonance. Incidentally, I have been having trouble with the Don smith circuit and getting resonance of any sort! I have recently discovered that my Inductance meter was faulty. It has been returned for repair.

Romero Experiments

The circuits are on this page. Not as simple as they look!!

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• No markings!

Originally posted by tswift View Post
                          As you probably noticed, the two core halves are marked so you can get them back in the same orientation, they are machined very precisely so they fit together with absolutely minimal gap. Putting anything in that fit will change the properties of the magnetic circuit, not to mention that if you glue them together it will make it quite difficult to rewind the coils if you want to change the design. Unfortunately, none of that solves the problem. I have seen picture of metglas cores with a big metal bar on top and two threaded rods that you can crank down to really clamp the halves together with a lot of force, I guess that's the usual solution. Metglas isn't usually used at low frequencies where the noise is a big problem, because the additional cost doesn't justify the additional performance (mainly reduced core loss). But of course it does work ok at 50/60 Hz if you want it to. At 100 KHz you won't hear anything....
                          Hi tswift,
                          There are no markings on the cores to indicate any alignment. In fact, I have also made a mistake handling these cores. Only after a few days I have a couple of small rust spots. Also, I have discovered that metglass cores require a mandatory gap. Which I have also discovered changes the inductance. Although, as noted in my reply to med.3012 I have a been working with a faulty inductance meter. Also. I have made a frame to "lock" the cores together and used thin plastic spacers between the cores. Gets rid of the rattle.

I now have a box of disposable gloves for handling. I am wondering what to do with the rust and how serious it is.

Anyway, life goes on. There are lessons in mistakes. Lots of storm activity at the moment, so I have some time off from the house building I am engaged in. Consequently, I am starting the build on med.3012 circuit. Short a couple of components, but should be ready to fire up over the weekend.

Thanks

Dwane

Comment

• Metglass Cores

Here are a couple of photos of the unit I built for the link above. I do have another one in the pipeline which will be wound on toroids.

Regards dwane
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post

I have used the cardboard tubes that are sold for use as concrete forms (for pouring piers and bases for things like lamp posts and street signs). These work, although I learned from my SSTC that the black writing on the outside of the tube has enough carbon content in the ink to be CONDUCTIVE. I didn't know this until my tube started smoking and actually burning around the writing. Thankfully it was just smoldering and it went out on its own when I cut the power off. It ruined my secondary by shorting some turns though, so I had to wind another one. This time I peeled the outer paper layer off and sanded any remaining bits of writing until it was clean enough.

Hi tswift,
                              I find that amazing. To get black with printing - true black - India Ink is generally used. The other black inks are composite and are IR insensitive. I was involved some time back with a profile cutter using computer print outs from Autocad. Someone had changed the ink refill with an off the shelf refill- to save time and trouble - and the scanner would not pick up the drawing. Manufacturers specifications on ink were ignored! From memory the IR scanner could not identify the composite inks. When investigating the issue, I do not recall ever being advised on carbon inks. Must be for weather durability and not fine printing?

We learn something new most days, other days then can be boring!

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• F.Y.I.

Vyacheslav Gorchilin shows [proves] mathematically that excess (free) energy
                                is achievable. He also presents several methods/techniques and suggests some practical
                                implementation approaches. Animated Mathcad on-line graphs are made available to aid in
                                the process as well.

His approach to the solution [proof] is rather brilliant IMHO!

(use translation (flag in upper right hand corner) if required - unfortunately Google Translate
                                will not properly display the formulas, however Yandex - the flags - will work OK)

Energy parametric RLC-circuits

Free energy in a parametric RLC-circuits of the first kind of the second order
                                Free energy in a parametric RLC-circuits of the first kind of the second order

"In this work we consider the electric circuit containing the nonlinear reactive elements:
                                the capacitor and inductance. Their nonlinearity is determined by the parametric dependence:

the capacitance — voltage on it, and inductance from the current flowing through it. The
                                resistance is constant, but even if its value changed, for example, from the time the proof is
                                not affected . According to the classification here will be considered generators of the first kind
                                and second order. In real devices the parametric dependence can be only one element
                                capacitance or inductance, but here we show the General case and prove that these elements
                                are independent from each other to influence change in the efficiency of the second kind. "

Insights: " Insights on circuits of the second order similar to those done on the circuits of the
                                first order. However, repeat them.

In this work we proved that it is impossible to gain energy in parametric circuits of the second
                                order in the full cycle (FCC) because the energy dissipated in the resistance is always equal to
                                the energy expended by the power formula (5.8).

** But if the cycle is incomplete, the receiving gain becomes achievable task. **

If reactive elements contain potential energy in the beginning of the cycle (PCCIE), the gain
                                can be found using the formula (5.12). If the energy in the reactive elements is at the end of the
                                cycle, then the conditions for receiving allowances, we can find from formula (5.14), and the
                                increment of efficiency by (5.16).

You need to understand that there is a mathematically strictly proved potentially achievable
                                values of the increment of energy, part of which, in the real reactance, can be spent inefficiently,
                                for example, on heating. However, on the basis of evidence about the energy increment in the
                                fractional cycles, one can obtain special cases for engineering calculations, which, in turn, will
                                allow you to build a real device with high efficiency.

Additional materials and some special cases with examples from real wireless components
                                you can see here. "

Application to the proof of parametric RLC-circuits of the first kind
                                Application to the proof of parametric RLC-circuits of the first kind

Parametric inductance in PCCFE {partially complete cycle near the finished end?}

In this case, without knowledge of the schema and according to of the power source,
                                the increase in efficiency we can not calculate, but we can search conditions for from
                                the formula (4.15). Assume that our coil is described by the parametric dependence of
                                inductance from its current next next:
                                {see text for formulas - unfortunately they can not be reproduced here}
                                For rows with a large value of the degree calculations are either very bulky, or, in principle,
                                not derived analytically. But for example, it will be enough and second degree.

Reference: [for further detail and study]

SAINT-PETERSBURG STATE INSTITUTE ACCURATE MECHANICS AND OPTICS
                                (TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY)
                                Department of Electrical Engineering and Precision Electromechanical Systems
                                Yu.M. Osipov
                                FREQUENCY AND TEMPORAL ANALYSIS STATIONARY AND TRANSITIONAL
                                CHARACTERISTICS LINEAR ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS
                                A manual on electrical engineering and TOE courses
                                Part two
                                St. Petersburg 2002

3.3 Transient processes in second-order circuits
                                3.3 ?????????? ???????? ? ????? ??????? ???????
                                Translation to English (Google)
                                https://translate.google.com/transla...ov/os1/3_3.htm

*** Seasons Greetings and best wishes for the New Year ***

FIN

Comment

Working...
                                X