No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's actually a bus bar, it's zinc-plated copper and quite heavy. It will go on the wall inside the shop and serve as a common tie point for grounding experiments. I'm also a ham radio operator and my shop doubles as a ham shack so it will also do double duty as an RF ground for antennas and equipment. The ground plate is the old radiator I showed on the tailgate of my truck a few posts back, that's what will get buried. I still need to do some wire brushing and maybe an acid wash to get it as clean as possible (for a piece of old junk). Then I will make some of the ground enhancement mix using the chemicals I have left from the last time I dug an improved ground, and put that all around the grounding plate before burying it. The disturbed soil should have improved percolation and should get remoistened with every rain, or I can go out with a hose and water it if necessary.

The shop building has a standard 8 foot electrical code ground rod about 20 feet away from where the ground plate will go, so with two independent grounds I can use some measurements and analysis to get an idea of how good my ground is.

And yes, I am fully committed to this project, the project that's taken over my life. I have sacrificed a promising career and now more than one profitable business in order to have the opportunity to do this research. For most of the last ten years now, and almost exclusively for the last five or so, I really have done nothing else. I am either going to figure it out, or I'm going to die trying. Seeing as how I live without health insurance and have a number of health issues, this is not an idle threat. In the past, money has been a major obstacle since as we all know, R&D can be extremely expensive and most of us just have a hobby budget. But I invested in bitcoin early on, and now it's changed my life. I don't have enough money to go blowing it on frivolous stuff, but I can afford to buy what I need for the project now.

Originally posted by Dwane View Post
    On the Don's energy devices. I have been looking at the AmbientenergyGenerator: looks slightly less difficult to my current frustration device. This is the device that uses a large flat isolating platform using a copper sheet, pane of glass and aluminium sheet as backing plate. i have been contemplating the metglass transformer shown.. I have done a bit of research and it seems that High frequency is the name of the game for metglass, although they are supposed to offer excellent results for power transformer at 50/60hz. However, I cannot find any information on winding coils and how one might choose the correct winding strategy. My interest is understanding the difference with say a heavily wound power transformer using laminations and how this might be different to a similar sized power transformer using a metglass core. I thought you might have looked at this and pondered the same question. Or someone else might be able to assist.
    Thankfully transformer design is totally standard, off-the-shelf electrical engineering. Many textbooks and websites have all the information you need to do proper transformer design. Metglas mainly has two things: very high permeability, making it good for inductor designs, and very low core loss, making it good for transformers up to 100 KHz or so. I assume Don's use of metglas in that diagram was to capture the "magnetic waves" he's saying are coming from the back side of the capacitor. In this case the transformer would be acting somewhat like a guitar pickup, where the magnetic field around the transformer induces some current into the windings. For maximum sensitivity you'd probably just want a large number of turns around a core to see if you can get any results at all, this is one of Don's ideas I haven't personally spent any time experimenting with. Maybe as a proof of concept, just borrow the ferrite loopstick antenna from a salvaged AM radio, they come with windings already installed, usually of litz wire, or just wind a bunch of turns of something thin on it and see if there's a signal when near the capacitor.

I did manage to get a couple large metglas C-cores from ebay a while back, but the problem is that they didn't come with any bobbins to put the windings on! When you buy them from the manufacturer they are supposed to come with the bobbins. I have spent some time trying to design and fabricate something usable as a bobbin (paperboard works if you just want to throw a few turns of wire on it) but I haven't been really happy with anything I've come up with yet.

Comment

• Hello Tswift,

Thank for your reply. I have spent some time looking at transformer calculations, mostly I find talk about ratio up or down. I used to have a small program that calculated the maximum turns and wire size for a given section area. It worked with Windows WP and Win 7. I can't get it to work on Win 8 or 10. MS have changed a lot of the dll's and structure of the files. Maybe I should resurrect an old computer for the oldies programs. There is a bit of the "dark arts" involved with transformer design, I feel. Anyway, really all I have wanted to determine is whether I should treat the Metglass as a laminated design for winding calculations. Have not seen this criteria or association yet. With some ferrites, for example, the whole turns calculation can change. This was my concern. Not designing transformers every day!

I recognise your perseverance and dedication to research. and, yes, R&D can be expensive. Especially if the output is not for commercial gain and just for personal use. You are to be commended.

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• transformer exe

Just a quick follow up. I have found an old notebook that belonged to one of my children, has Win 7 loaded. My computers all have 64 bit win 10 pro. Anyway the Transformer01.exe is working. The issue was two fold, would not run on 64bit and unsigned files. Win 10 requires signed files for installed programs.

I have located a Metglass core with bobbins. its cross section is 16mm x 45mm. gives me approx 53 watts of power rating for a laminated core. It comes back to my lack of understanding of the difference in power ratings for metglass.

regards

Dwane

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwane View Post
          Just a quick follow up. I have found an old notebook that belonged to one of my children, has Win 7 loaded. My computers all have 64 bit win 10 pro. Anyway the Transformer01.exe is working. The issue was two fold, would not run on 64bit and unsigned files. Win 10 requires signed files for installed programs.
          There is a way to run even old programs on new windows, although it's more complicated. You can download VirtualBox (it's free from Oracle) and install Windows 7 (or any older OS) as a guest OS within your Windows 10 x64 host OS. You'll need an install disk for Windows 7 and a valid license code, just as if you were installing a new machine.

I have located a Metglass core with bobbins. its cross section is 16mm x 45mm. gives me approx 53 watts of power rating for a laminated core. It comes back to my lack of understanding of the difference in power ratings for metglass.
          This sounds reasonable, you should be able to just treat it as laminated steel for design purposes. For Metglas 2605SA1, the manufacturer gives the saturation flux density as 1.56T (15,600 gauss), which isn't much different from the silicon steel typically used in 60 Hz power transformer designs. With identical core dimensions and windings, a metglas transformer would have significantly lower core loss (and thus heating) than the laminated steel transformer, so if anything this is probably conservative but should work for an initial design.

Reference:
          https://metglas.com/magnetic-materials/

Comment

• There are also some other factors to consider, since we're dealing here with both standard transformer design (which is well-studied and all the design calculations are known) and overunity (when we finally make it work right) which is non-standard, not well studied, and we're mostly shooting in the dark.

When everything is working right, the special radiant/cold electricity causes Lenz's law to no longer apply the same way in the output transformer, so the overunity gain appears in the transformer itself. We know from the few examples of working devices that it will get COLD instead of HOT, but where exactly does this happen? Is it in the core material where the magnetic field exists? Is it the secondary winding itself where the overunity power is being drawn?

We have at least a few more hints to go by. Floyd Sweet once wrote that due to the cooling effect, a transformer could handle 10 times more power than the usual rating. So whatever the current rating of the secondary wire (amps per unit area), it can be increased and probably by a large factor. Also, in a normal transformer design the weight of the wire ends in the primary and secondary end up being similar because the power in watts is very nearly the same. But what if the primary is being fed with 10 watts and the secondary is carrying 1000 watts of power? Imagine a 1:1 ratio transformer, just an isolation transformer as Don refers to occasionally. Normally the windings would use the same size wire, but if there's overunity gain in the equation then the primary wire could be tiny and this would leave more winding area for even bigger wire on the secondary.

Even with overunity, there are still practical limits to how much power can be drawn from the secondary. Since the current in the secondary can be greatly more than the current in the primary, we are totally changing the normal magnetic field inside the transformer core. Normally in a transformer, peak oscillating flux happens at IDLE, with no current being drawn from the secondary. As the secondary current rises the net flux in the core DECREASES. With overunity in the mix, what I would expect is that as the secondary current rises, the net flux in the core decreases so much that it goes to zero at some power level, and then REVERSES at power levels beyond that. You can keep drawing more and more power and send the core into saturation and beyond because the normal limits don't apply. If this happens to a large enough degree, I expect it will cause the phenomenon known as "cold melting" or the "Hutchison effect", and your transformer core will melt into a puddle of goo even though it never got hot at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
              If this happens to a large enough degree, I expect it will cause the phenomenon known as "cold melting" or the "Hutchison effect", and your transformer core will melt into a puddle of goo even though it never got hot at all.
              That sounds like nuclear magnetic resonance.

All atoms have a nuclear magnetic resonance frequency. This is a frequency the atoms of an element will resonate at if it is applied to that element. Isotopes within an element group will have a different frequency than the base element.

If you use a transmitter to hit specific elements with a specific frequency, you can cause the atoms of that element to move a LOT more than they normally would at whatever temperature they happen to be at. And since increased temperature equals increased atomic movement, applying a frequency to an element that causes it to resonate will simulate the effects of heat, without actually getting it hot. It is possible to cold melt elements this way if the applied frequency is strong enough.

Comment

• I did a quick search and come up with this: http://www.free-energy-info.tuks.nl/McFreey.pdf

Haven't had a chance to read it yet but it looks interesting.

Comment

• Metglass

Just on the Metglass core suggested by Don, - aetheric Generator - would it be fair to state that it would contribute to reduced current flow and thus provide pure pulsed electric flow. Result of which would enhance a magnetic transfer rather than a power transfer?

Regards

Dwane
                  Last edited by Dwane; 10-28-2017, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Just on the Metglass core suggested by Don, - aetheric Generator - would it be fair to state that it would contribute to reduced current flow and thus provide pure pulsed electric flow. Result of which would enhance a magnetic transfer rather than a power transfer?
                    I think the only truly "fair statement" that we can make about this is that Don knew how it was supposed to work and we don't! But I will offer you my take on it. As I have said before, the important thing to study with Don is not the individual DEVICES but the PRINCIPLES. What features do you see in common? Always there is a high voltage source, a capacitance, and an output transformer connected to an earth ground. It's no different with this device, which means the same principles must be at work.

When you zap one plate of a capacitor with high voltage, nature wants to restore the equilibrium, and the opposite plate will try to charge itself by attracting opposite charges from the environment around it. Think back to my dipole diagram, the "reaction" plate of the capacitor has "cold electricity", at least for the first little bit of charge that's drawn towards it. Now, we know since Maxwell amended Ampere's law to include displacement current, that there is indeed a magnetic field associated with charging (or discharging) a capacitor. A small pickup coil, even a single wire loop, placed near the "reaction" plate of the capacitor will see this (I am pretty sure, although I haven't tried it!). All Don is doing is magnifying this effect by using metglas with its super-high permeability. It's the same principle as an AM loopstick antenna, using the magnetic field component of an EM wave instead of the electric field as most antennas do. There is nothing new or revolutionary about this, it's already being done in every AM radio. What is different is, just as Don showed in the tabletop demonstration by zapping one plate of a capacitor, you get COLD ELECTRICITY between the other plate and ground, and this you can use to get a power gain by putting it through a transformer. The metglas core is picking up this magnetic field, but it's not just a normal magnetic field, it's this magical time-reversed, phase-conjugate, radiant energy, cold electricity stuff. It's still a magnetic field but since it acts like it's time-reversed, we can draw excess power from it in violation of the second law of thermodynamics.

Comment

Regards

Dwane

Hello everyone !

when people asked Don Smith for the name of his device in 1996 Tesla Symposium he said resonance induction system, his system without doubt belongs to magnetic resonance systems as source of unlimited power from the ambient .

Metglass add more magnetic permeability so it's expected for the ambient back ground to push more power, this is one of his various method to access this source, another possibility is to use noble gas as excitement medium for easy power harvesting.

Comment

• Hi,
                        Actually, I think I get Don's concept of resonance. The issue lies with explaining it! Russell thought the inert gases were his "Zones of Tranquility" areas that enabled large energy capture. Perhaps, his was a similar revelation to that of Don?

My problem at the moment, when I think about it is understanding Don's methodology of producing energy. I cannot see that a power module in itself will resonant. The components contributing to the power module can resonate, which will then create the impression that the module in itself is resonating due to the regularity of the resonant input. Therefore, the input is the area that has to be dissociated with the system. I also get the concept of disturbing the "ambience". Disruption often creates its own level of disturbance. There must be millions of disturbances occurring every hour of every day, not all electrical, but, with a possible electrical outcome.

I can also understand the disturbance created with a HV spark, and how this can alter its surroundings. The real difficulty lies in formulating a hypothesis to explain and test harvesting on a general scale. The other issue associated with this is not to allow other interference from sources that could enter the parameters of the hypothesis due to their own unique conditions. As a point of reference what is the similarities of Don smith and John Bedini? Both use resonance and both use inductance. Both use a pulse system and so it goes regarding the so called zero point energy. The main distinction between these two systems is the level of voltage used, therefore one might be able to conclude that Bedini was also disturbing the "aether".

The disturbance of Bedini is within his system - coils and magnets, the disturbance of Don is external to his system - spark gap in the air. Both generate an increase in energy output. Bedini's appears simple. It is not! Don's appears basic in its presentation. Also, this is not simple. Both systems require a systematic and careful approach to the understanding of the components they use. Therefore, it might be possible to suggest that Bedini is only exciting that energy contained within his components and Don Smith
                        is disturbing the medium at an intermediary level and then using the components to harvest the energy.

I therefore come back to my original post regarding the magnetostrictive nature of Metglass, restricting eddy currents and applying resistance. This is, is it just the electrical component of disturbance that is the key to harvesting the energy? Because, if it is a combination of current too, the process compounds into an energy production. Don suggests binary doublets of electrons, so is it just the voltage devoid of current that should be used? As McFreey suggests in the referenced article above, electrical pressure is altering the spin of the electrical component of Don smith's electron doublets. If so, then the disturbances should be able to be measured with the level of voltage applied.

Hope I have not been too wordy.

Regards

Dwane

Comment

Actually, I think I get Don's concept of resonance. The issue lies with explaining it!
                          You can see that this issue has been one of the biggest stumbling blocks preventing us all from making more progress in this field. Every researcher has their own set of terminology and much of it doesn't seem to correspond between one person and the next. It's a necessary and useful exercise to read and understand the work of all those that have come before us, and yet, it often leaves us more confused than when we started. These days it even happens to me when I go back and read Don's words, because in the same sentence he will mix things that are true with stuff totally out of left field. The problem lies in knowing which is which, and much of that understanding I had to develop through doing my own experiments.

As a point of reference what is the similarities of Don smith and John Bedini?
                          Aha! Now you're getting somewhere! Yes indeed, studying and understanding these similarities is highly useful, just as it is to study all the different variations that Don presented. Eventually you come to understand that they all do exactly the same thing, just by different methods. They all lead you back to Tesla's radiant energy patents, the arrangement doesn't have to be any more complicated than that to produce the effect. A high voltage source creates a dipole, and the first charge carriers at the reaction end of that dipole take on this radiant character. That's it, it's so simple the mind is repelled. You can use the ionosphere as the HV source and collect "earth energy" as numerous researchers have done (see Patrick Kelly's website for a few), you can use a Tesla coil arrangement as Don did, or you can use the flyback pulse from a coil as Bedini did. Or you can even zap a battery directly from a neon sign transformer as I did, and it will still collect radiant energy. As long as these key elements are present, you will get the results.

I therefore come back to my original post regarding the magnetostrictive nature of Metglass, restricting eddy currents and applying resistance. This is, is it just the electrical component of disturbance that is the key to harvesting the energy? Because, if it is a combination of current too, the process compounds into an energy production. Don suggests binary doublets of electrons, so is it just the voltage devoid of current that should be used? As McFreey suggests in the referenced article above, electrical pressure is altering the spin of the electrical component of Don smith's electron doublets. If so, then the disturbances should be able to be measured with the level of voltage applied.
                          If you've been experimenting for a while, you know by now that no magic material or combination of materials by itself will produce the results we're looking for. Different materials have different characteristics, some useful like Metglas, but if you feed a Metglas transformer with normal electricity, or put it in a normal magnetic field, you will only ever get conventional results.

The real gain mechanism, the money shot, the one thing to remember and understand, is what Zilano once said. The method is hot to cold, and then cold to hot. It doesn't matter what combination of parts or arrangement you use to achieve this. First you take conventional electricity from some source, and then (because of your deep understanding of the true nature of electricity) you use some clever arrangement of parts to capture some electricity while it's in its cold phase. Then you put this through a transformer or motor, where it isn't subject to normal Lenz's law, and the overunity happens and a large power gain appears.

Hope I have not been too wordy.
                          Not by me, but by now everyone is probably getting tired of me expounding on my own theories without showing a working device.... Here's hoping that's coming soon. I got the conduit installed through the wall of the shop yesterday and the radiator cleaned with an acid wash. It doesn't actually look that much better, but even dirty metal still has a much higher conductivity than soil and rock. I can't give any kind of time line because I have lots of personal stuff going on, but hopefully before the end of the year I will have results to show.

Comment

• Hi Tswift,

My apologies for diatribing!! My little mind has been seeking to resolve some of the issues I have been confronted with. The explanations must seem simple in the least. Its when things don't work that the real questions need to be addressed and an attempt at understanding sought.

There has been some excellent replies. I too am awaiting some components to see if my Don device is going to work. Hopefully they might arrive any month now! There are also a couple of experiments in the first section of the McFreey article that might help understanding some of the physics of resonance. There is something annoying about developers such as Kapanadze, with their secrecy. Nearly all of the "Radiant" energy devices are progressive developments. Is it that they seek fame and fortune? Anyway!?!

I need to structure my approach to this topic in a more systematic manner.

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• A little progress today, step by slow step. Grounding bus bar installed and strap run. Next steps will be to solder the ground strap to the radiator and mix the ground enhancement material.

Comment

• On a different note.

It is interesting to see the globalisation of product distribution. I keenly observe the jigsaw mat, which you no doubt have others to join onto it to finish the floor covering. Modern minutia!

I know that you will know, regarding cleaning the radiator, "Spirit of salts", the old hydrochloric acid, works wonders. Just in case it slipped your mind!

Regards

Dwane
                                Last edited by Dwane; 10-30-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X