Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
    Why nanoseconds only ? If it could take 5ms then we repeat it again and again and again.....
    The .5uf cap at 5kv would contain 6 joules of energy - each time you discharge the cap the energy needs to be replaced. Replacing it as fast as it discharges would require a 500kw input. If you could store the output of that nano burst you'd have 6 joules of energy to use again....thus finding ways to store and reuse the energy is about the best we're going to do. The next logical step would be to find creative solutions to restore the energy used from C1 without disturbing the stored energy in C2,C3.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
      Hi all, well i am still thinking about what to use for automatic switching, must not be thinking hard enough.
      Anyway, in the meantime, i did some fast manual pulsing of these two .82 ohm 5 watt resistors in parallel and with about 4 flips of the switch per second, for about 100 flips, the resistors started to smoke.
      We definitely have power.
      peace love light
      I'm basically using a half H bridge circuit for switching - I'm sure there are many different possibilities, the challenge is using components that can handle the high currents.. Maybe a mechanical commutator of sorts - quickie doodle...

I've been struggling with various methods of accomplishing this as well...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dragon; 09-21-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Hi dragon, thanks for sharing the helpful drawings and information.
        I'm going to try the mechanical method.

I found a microwave turntable geared motor laying around here.

Will build a commutator similar to this video.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dZWqOnKofk

Though with only 2 poles and each stator switch will contact one commutator copper wire pole.
        So it will switch every 90 degrees.
        peace love light

Comment

• Meanwhile, back at the Don Smith ranch....

I will attempt to explain what I think Don found while studying Tesla and replicating various experiments. By now I hope everyone following this thread is intimately familiar with Tesla's radiant energy patents from 1901, #685,957 and #685,958. I have talked about this before at some length, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I saved myself some more typing by making some graphics:

Here is a schematic of what is happening in Tesla's configuration, and why. The output circuit is omitted for clarity. A tiny current charges the cap slowly, but more importantly the current entering the cap takes on this "cold" character because it's at the reaction side of the dipole created by the high voltage source. Many experimenters have noticed that this happens naturally with the ionosphere as the high voltage source, the small induced currents that come from the ground show this cold or radiant characteristic where they can be multiplied. I could cite some sources, but I assume most everyone here is familiar with the standard free energy literature (from places like Patrick Kelly's website).

Tesla's contribution was (A) noticing what was happening, and understanding the necessary components, and (B) realizing that the high voltage source could be artificial as well as natural, it doesn't make any difference as far as the physical process at work.

Don then took this one step farther and noticed that the capacitor doesn't actually KNOW or CARE what the source of the charging current is. It just has to be charged with some current while in this voltage environment. In Tesla's arrangement, a small leakage current provided either by the small amount of ions in the air or by ionizing radiation/photoelectric effect charges the "receiving" plate positively. In Don's arrangement he just uses a current source of any of a number of types to remove electrons from the non-grounded plate of the storage cap, while the ground provides electrons to charge the other side:

Again, the nature of the charge entering the capacitor takes on this unique characteristic. Apparently there is a lot we don't yet understand about the process of electrostatic induction and I don't claim to really understand it completely either. However, after much study I am pretty sure this is the mechanism that is happening in at least some of Don's devices, my lack of experimental success notwithstanding.

In other words: Tesla figured out how to make cold electricity, but only in tiny quantities. Don figured out how to do the same thing only in vastly larger quantities. Even if the radiant energy has a sizeable COP gain upon going through a transformer, you still need more amps of it to run anything significant. Don discovered that this was possible, and exactly how to do it. It would seem that one of the obstacles is in getting the phasing correct: when using an AC high voltage source like a Tesla coil or even a plasma globe, then the current pulses would need to be in the correct phase with regard to the voltage waveform. This isn't as easy as you would think because in a quarter-wave resonator as resonance the voltage and current are in quadrature, 90 degrees out of phase. A current loop pickup coil around the Tesla resonator won't do exactly what you need, as I found out by trying it. So it would seem, yet again, that Don told us SOME of the secrets, enough to be useful but not enough to put it all together and actually make a working device.

Comment

• Electrostatic Induction

hello tswift,

just want to share my thoughts, Electrostatic Induction or in eric dollard's term I believe is Dielectric Induction, is something we can further study by experiments like Hairpin Circuit (low or high voltage it just works) or in recent case would be dragon's "charge pump" experiment,
            the Idea is to power things not with current but by voltage, only the initial current flow that charges the capacitor or the initial current by discharging the capacitor is what's powering the load my experiments tells me that this current is like a weird Alternating Current and can be used to power transformers.

and just want to comment on the nature of charge.. as I think "charge" is a "state" of something electrically (polarity) not actually some + and - "thing", that enters the capacitor. you can verify this by the 3 capacitor experiment..

Put 3 Capacitor in Series, Charge it to a certain voltage... now take all the capacitors apart and try to measure the middle capacitor with a volt meter, you would notice that it is "Charged" not because something entered it (because its literally not connected to the source)... but because it has been polarized.. something that is already there has been "polarized" and could not return to its "un-polarized" state(ambient) because of the dielectric in the capacitor.. and it would stay in its polarized state for some quite time ("charged").

by grasping the Idea of "Never Discharging" I am starting to see don smith was doing this magnetically, I am starting to see "Amperage" only as a rate of which Potential is Reduced to ambient. one thing I would like to find out now was if this "Energy Transfer" was indeed real or is just some misconceptualized Idea because the initial "Energy" was only used ONCE...

well this is only a theory I developed along this research.. and would collapse if the experimental results were not as expected.. but its all part of learning..
            Last edited by ricards; 09-29-2017, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• The Alexanderson design at Bolinas recollection before bulldozer by Eric Dollard
              also the Marconi and Tesla design

http://www.energeticforum.com/187699-post176.html
              Last edited by mikrovolt; 09-29-2017, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• I've been reading the Smith pdf from free-energy-info.com. On page 89 it says "This transformer is a laminated iron core type, suitable for the low mains frequency, but the output from L2 is at a much higher frequency. It is possible to pull the frequency down to suit the step down transformer by connecting the correct value of R across the output transformer (or a coil and resistor or a coil and capacitor).

Has anybody tried this? I can't find anything more about this in the online electronics sites. Everything I have read is indicating the only way to change the frequency is to first rectify the wave to DC and then use an inverter to convert back to the desired frequency.

I intend replicating the circuit on pages 102 - 103 which is from this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3vr...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Originally posted by p75213 View Post
                  I've been reading the Smith pdf from free-energy-info.com. On page 89 it says "This transformer is a laminated iron core type, suitable for the low mains frequency, but the output from L2 is at a much higher frequency. It is possible to pull the frequency down to suit the step down transformer by connecting the correct value of R across the output transformer (or a coil and resistor or a coil and capacitor).

Has anybody tried this? I can't find anything more about this in the online electronics sites. Everything I have read is indicating the only way to change the frequency is to first rectify the wave to DC and then use an inverter to convert back to the desired frequency.

I intend replicating the circuit on pages 102 - 103 which is from this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3vr...ature=youtu.be
                  Hi, My own efforts (which were mostly failures) in regards to Don Smith were to do as he suggested somewhere - start at the end result that you want and work backwards.

My solution, which was not a Don Smith device or circuit, was to use the high voltage DC into a rotary variable capacitor to induce a 60 cycle oscillation through a standard high voltage transformer. This method did not work for me as the variable rotary capacitor construction was not built to the level it needed to be to do the job. The concept, however, should be sound and workable.

Although I do understand about adding resistance and capacitance to match the output transformer for a resonance frequency of 60 hz, I have not attempted nor really considered going in that line of experimentation - it being to expensive for me to source parts and replacements should any magic smoke leak out. I was / am limited to items I have on hand or can make out of things I have here.

Good luck in your efforts.

Comment

• Donald Smith would only work if you apply Tesla method of conversion. Below 10kHz is is dangerous in higher power level

Comment

Has anybody tried this? I can't find anything more about this in the online electronics sites. Everything I have read is indicating the only way to change the frequency is to first rectify the wave to DC and then use an inverter to convert back to the desired frequency.[/URL]
                      I have puzzled over this as well, and experimented with it to no avail. Apparently it's one of the differences between "cold" and "hot" electricity. If the Don Smith configuration is working properly, the charge in the storage cap will be cold electricity, and this is what works the magic in the final transformer. Zilano also mentioned that this method with the resistor works to "pull the frequency down" and can be used to give 60 cycle sine wave AC without an inverter. I have had no luck making this work in practice, if you discharge a cap into the primary of a transformer it will indeed oscillate (at the LC resonant frequency). If you add a resistor across the transformer it will oscillate FASTER not slower, and the oscillations will die out sooner because of the power dissipation. So either this method is completely bogus and doesn't actually work in practice, or there is some different phenomenon that is supposed to show up when things are working right.

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
                        I have puzzled over this as well, ....
                        Me too and other issues. However, I like the concept of current leading the voltage by 90 degrees. Makes a lot of sense. Just have to work out how to join it with the Volts!

What does not seem to make sense is using the matched wire concept 1:4 and getting not reaction!

This is a work in progress for me - time permitting

Thanks for the information

Dwane

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwane View Post
                          Me too and other issues. However, I like the concept of current leading the voltage by 90 degrees. Makes a lot of sense. Just have to work out how to join it with the Volts!

What does not seem to make sense is using the matched wire concept 1:4 and getting not reaction!

This is a work in progress for me - time permitting

Thanks for the information

Dwane

this depend on the waves you are using. scalar waves has more speed than light, even 2 times or 3 times even more .. the waves length as known in electromagnetism no longer can be used because scalar waves change its frequency but the overall waves has a direction ( the name scalar can't define all its Characteristics.. )

the concept 1:4 isn't the only choice you have, even dividing the length or multiplication can work .

Comment

I've been reading the Smith pdf from free-energy-info.com. On page 89 it says "This transformer is a laminated iron core type, suitable for the low mains frequency, but the output from L2 is at a much higher frequency. It is possible to pull the frequency down to suit the step down transformer by connecting the correct value of R across the output transformer (or a coil and resistor or a coil and capacitor).

Assuming resistance / frequency / current might be part of the scheme like this
                            The resistor and the dielectric have property relationships in certain modes. section 3.2 https://www.hindawi.com/journals/amse/2014/578168/
                            From a practical instrumentation aspect a triggered spark has the bnc connectors to the adjustment panel and after warm up 6 hours settling you can find when
                            the current / travel rate is for a given dielectric and wave. beside the control panel* There is a resistor coming out of PT-55 used to reduce jitter.
                            Patronix PT-55 Series
                            After the values are found the spark gap is designed to approximate those values and a special capacitor made that fits the interpolated test data.
                            Last edited by mikrovolt; 10-02-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by med.3012 View Post
                              this depend on the waves you are using. scalar waves has more speed than light, even 2 times or 3 times even more .. the waves length as known in electromagnetism no longer can be used because scalar waves change its frequency but the overall waves has a direction ( the name scalar can't define all its Characteristics.. )

the concept 1:4 isn't the only choice you have, even dividing the length or multiplication can work .
                              Hello med.3012,

Thanks for the reply and information. I will have to get my head around your first comments as they relate to the induction process with the "classic" don smith configuration:- that is the split L2 with an internal L1.

Regarding the 1:4 ration, I have tried a couple of configurations using weight only. My reason was that to get the 4:1 increase from 2kv to 8kv the 1:4 wire ratio does not work with the L1 when coupled internally to L2 , you will only ever get about 1:1.6 ratio. I think this is why Don used a thick coil for his L1 with fewer turns ratio to get the increase in output. I have not had much luck with that either. I can light the new led light globes that connect to the power grid but am unable to drive any resistance related globe. I can get up to 1kv across the caps.

Also, the configuration of the input circuit for the nst might be critical. Given that most of the current nst's have self regulating circuitry, I have found that driving L1 with a GDT across the output and centre tap of the nst and the cap I place in series with the L1 coil which loops back to the other end of the GDT gives me a bright strong pulse. Although I am not sure if it is this pulse that I am looking for or if this pulse should be excluded from the sequence, and the pulsing prior to discharge through the GDT is the chain of pulses is where my attention should be focused!

Thanks again for the reply

Dwane

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwane View Post
                                Hello med.3012,

Thanks for the reply and information. I will have to get my head around your first comments as they relate to the induction process with the "classic" don smith configuration:- that is the split L2 with an internal L1.

Regarding the 1:4 ration, I have tried a couple of configurations using weight only. My reason was that to get the 4:1 increase from 2kv to 8kv the 1:4 wire ratio does not work with the L1 when coupled internally to L2 , you will only ever get about 1:1.6 ratio. I think this is why Don used a thick coil for his L1 with fewer turns ratio to get the increase in output. I have not had much luck with that either. I can light the new led light globes that connect to the power grid but am unable to drive any resistance related globe. I can get up to 1kv across the caps.

Also, the configuration of the input circuit for the nst might be critical. Given that most of the current nst's have self regulating circuitry, I have found that driving L1 with a GDT across the output and centre tap of the nst and the cap I place in series with the L1 coil which loops back to the other end of the GDT gives me a bright strong pulse. Although I am not sure if it is this pulse that I am looking for or if this pulse should be excluded from the sequence, and the pulsing prior to discharge through the GDT is the chain of pulses is where my attention should be focused!

Thanks again for the reply

Dwane

Hello! you are welcome !

i found two very important link attributed to Don Smith, to be honest i found the information there as a treasure ..
                                it's a Compilation of important info Don Smith shared to NuEnergy Yahoo group, personally i found it very informative regarding my theory.

https://energyevo.com/2015/01/18/upd...y-yahoo-group/

https://energyevo.com/2016/08/05/nue...missing-posts/

Comment

Working...
                                X