Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello Ufopolitics,

can you please give a direct link to the images, because i can't see them, thanks in advance !

regards

Comment

• Originally posted by med.3012 View Post
      hello Ufopolitics,

can you please give a direct link to the images, because i can't see them, thanks in advance !

regards
      Med, have no idea why you can't see image...here is the direct link.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...pshfvfh28z.jpg

Regards

Ufopolitics
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Sorry, have to update my Photobucket acct...and having issues making payment at their site.

so, in the meantime here it is at Forum Pics
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-06-2017, 08:17 PM.
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
          Sorry, have to update my Photobucket acct...and having issues making payment at their site.

so, in the meantime here it is at Forum Pics

thank you very much ! now i see it , it was chromium problem but firefox solve the problem , i will study it , thanks once again !

Comment

• All right, now that hopefully everyone has some background to understand how we got to this point and why a circuit so seemingly simple looking could produce radiant energy effects, have a look at this schematic from page 42 of Vasiliev's book.

You get it, right? It's essentially the same circuit as the 1925 Plauson converter, except with a resonant cap on the transformer primary. It isn't made clear in the text or the diagram, but it seems as if the circuit is designed to operate at 50 Hz with 220VAC output, not high frequency. For US and other countries, 60 Hz with 120V or 240V output would be suitable.

I wonder who will be the first to build it and test it? You'll have to try hard if you want to catch me, I have quite a head start....
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
              All right, now that hopefully everyone has some background to understand how we got to this point and why a circuit so seemingly simple looking could produce radiant energy effects, have a look at this schematic from page 42 of Vasiliev's book.

You get it, right? It's essentially the same circuit as the 1925 Plauson converter, except with a resonant cap on the transformer primary. It isn't made clear in the text or the diagram, but it seems as if the circuit is designed to operate at 50 Hz with 220VAC output, not high frequency. For US and other countries, 60 Hz with 120V or 240V output would be suitable.

I wonder who will be the first to build it and test it? You'll have to try hard if you want to catch me, I have quite a head start....
              I would like to stick with Spark-Gap related circuitry, and use AC/DC only to generate high voltages and higher frequency, by the way, have you used Magnetic Quenching on your Hairpin?..

I did try to test the theory I had before, not with transformers but just 2 spark gap, I did manage to get two sparks, One on the conventional Side , and One In between the Capacitors... Am quite sure I didn't blow the dielectric of the capacitors, as It wouldn't spark at all if I did.. nice theory twsift kudos to you!

Comment

• Originally posted by ricards View Post
                I would like to stick with Spark-Gap related circuitry, and use AC/DC only to generate high voltages and higher frequency, by the way, have you used Magnetic Quenching on your Hairpin?..
                I have not tried any form of quenching, but this would probably improve the power efficiency of the circuit a bit and might also lead to better radiant effects. Probably beneficial but not essential to demonstrate unusual physics at work. Certainly the spark gap method is viable, I had immediate success lighting up a bulb with parts I already had on hand. Note that this is almost certainly not a power gain in wattage terms, as usual what I'm doing is exploring and observing carefully, looking for any unusual effects. Based on what I theorize so far, I think using larger caps for the hairpin will probably lead to more radiant energy. Unfortunately I don't have any other doorknob caps to try, and big ones aren't cheap. I do have some suitable polyester film caps I could string together in a stack but I haven't tried this.

I did try to test the theory I had before, not with transformers but just 2 spark gap, I did manage to get two sparks, One on the conventional Side , and One In between the Capacitors... Am quite sure I didn't blow the dielectric of the capacitors, as It wouldn't spark at all if I did.. nice theory twsift kudos to you!
                Interesting... what color was the spark?

Also, a theory is just a theory until proven by experiment. I'm sure all of us here have read stacks and stacks of material by numerous experimenters and researchers. A whole lot of it is just pseudoscience and bears little resemblance to reality. Ultimately science can't even really tell us whether a theory is in actuality "true", all it can tell us is that it agrees with the particulars of carefully performed repeated experiments and becomes generally accepted, until and unless superseded by a better theory. But thank you, I understand what you meant.

Comment

• Core

Originally posted by tswift View Post
                  Ok, is everyone with me so far? I'll proceed to the next step.

Consider the famous "Tesla Hairpin Circuit", star of a few interesting youtube videos and general science curiousity. Normally used for entertainment, much like the Tesla Coil. Many (perhaps most?) serious experimenters concede that this circuit can produce unusual effects not easily explained by normal electricity, such as the ability to light up bulbs across a dead short and the ability to touch both sides without harm, even while bulbs are lit clearly drawing power. Some even go so far as to call this "cold electricity", without being clear whether they mean exactly the same thing as Gray did or not.

If you will at least consider my hypothesis that the capacitance of any capacitor acts as a phase-conjugate mirror then it should be clear what is happening in the hairpin circuit. As the inimitable mranguswangus illustrates in his video, one side is "conventional" energy, the side across the caps is "unconventional" energy. Yes, when driven with a spark gap there are certainly very short sharp pulses but I don't think this itself is what causes the unusual effects. Allow me to illustrate with my poor photoshop skills.

If you were to take two of the Tesla radiant energy receiver circuits, and place them back to back in mirror fashion such that their "ground" connections" meet, you would end up with a circuit very much like the hairpin circuit (except for the output transformer). Obviously the high voltage sources at either end of the "implied capacitors" would need to be of opposite polarity, and in this case the need for the ground connection has been obviated.

Hmmm, doesn't this circuit look mighty familiar? Where have I seen this before? Oh yes, the Hermann Plauson patent #1540998, from 1925! Let's see, that doesn't look too hard to build, certainly I have a few parts kicking around the parts bin that might prove useful....

Hi tswift.
                  I have a question about the core.... does it have to be ferromagnetic or an air core will do the job?

Thank you

Comment

• Please translate
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Wistiti View Post
                      Hi tswift.
                      I have a question about the core.... does it have to be ferromagnetic or an air core will do the job?

Thank you
                      Excellent question! I don't think it matters, the physical effect should show up in either case. As usual, there are design trade-offs: air core doesn't saturate and has no hysteresis losses but usually suffers from a low coupling coefficient. With a ferrite core (or iron laminations at low frequencies), the advantage is you get a much higher coupling coefficient and much better power transfer. However, then you have to cope with the other design issues (saturation and core loss). With a spark-excited design operating at high frequencies it would be an easier choice to use air core coils, but for best power transfer it would probably be a good idea to use a resonant cap on the secondary to match its frequency to the primary circuit. This would mean it's operating somewhat like a step-down Tesla coil. Since the Q of the secondary side tuned circuit will be low with any load on it, the tuning will be broad and precise matching probably isn't necessary.

I had pretty good results with the existing core I had around, it's a powdered iron Micrometals T650-52 core (6.5" diameter, 52 mix). Primary is 82 turns of 16 gauge speaker wire, secondary is 5 turns of 16 gauge speaker wire, no resonant cap on the secondary.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                        Please translate
                        Hey, good find! At first glance, this appears to be a granted Mexican patent to Don Smith that is essentially identical to the apparently never granted US patent application for Don's dipole generator, which is found in the "Resonance Energy Methods" booklet. My spanish isn't the greatest but the text seems to read basically the same. However, on a closer look it isn't identical. There are a couple of additional parts in the diagram (#18,19, and 21) that are not present on the diagram in "Resonance Energy Methods". The really interesting one is #21, which is apparently a small coil ("pequena bobina") with terminals ("con salidas"). It "que permite el generar electricidad para auto alimentar el invento", which I would translate as "which permits to generate electricity for automatically feeding the invention", or something kind of like that. Apparently it enables self-running. This definitely merits some further study, thanks! I don't suppose you uncovered any other foreign patents by Don?

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
                          I think using larger caps for the hairpin will probably lead to more radiant energy.
                          This I have verified, not just for the Hairpin but for most Spark Ignited to Transformer or I Think its also called "Impulse Current". which actually make sense... since I make my own caps, I've tried Pulsing 1nf at Higher Frequency and 10nf At lower frequency (by using same Input to charge the capacitor), and found pulsing at 10nf Better,.. but only under "Lower Voltage Pulses" (3-10kv) Higher Voltage at lower capacitance (higher Frequency) I found Better.. I think what matters is the total Energy of the Capacitor in Joules.. (W=1/2 C V squared).. by this equation we can infer that Total Energy is increased better by Increasing Voltage compared to Capacitance.. The only problem with this is of course Insulation.. hehe

Interesting... what color was the spark?..
                          I've tried this before and I tried it again, It was white.. no blue aura, just white.. on the conventional side Its also white but with Blue Aura.. the only downside is that Its a little weaker (visually) maybe this is because it discharging to the environment too..

as usual what I'm doing is exploring and observing carefully, looking for any unusual effects.
                          Have you tried measuring the output?.. I'm getting 2-5 Volt AC when leads are in both Output leads (open circuit Voltage) when only 1 Lead is connected there is one side with Higher AC Voltage than the Other (probably because of the Capacitor's First Pulse).., when the Other Lead is Grounded AC voltage Increase to 50-70 Volts... when Shorted, yellow sparks fly away!.. with this I could light a 50 watt Halogen and 20 Watt halogen (not fully lit)..
                          my transformer is Air core 4000+ Turns(3 Kilo #21) : Secondary 20 Turns #16 (Partnered Output Coil Configuration)

not sure how this happens, maybe its just out of phase and need Power Factor Corrections.. I dunno... I don't even know how to do that..

anyone have any Idea How can I find the true Voltage of my output?
                          Last edited by ricards; 07-09-2017, 06:16 PM. Reason: measuring

Comment

• Originally posted by ricards View Post
                            I think what matters is the total Energy of the Capacitor in Joules.. (W=1/2 C V squared)..
                            This may very well be correct, and Don even implied something similar with the 0.5*C*V^2*F^2 formula. Hopefully we'll eventually figure it out exactly.

I've tried this before and I tried it again, It was white.. no blue aura, just white.. on the conventional side Its also white but with Blue Aura.. the only downside is that Its a little weaker (visually) maybe this is because it discharging to the environment too..
                            Pretty much exactly what I expected. I have noticed before that the pure white spark seems to be associated with radiant energy.

Have you tried measuring the output?.. I'm getting 2-5 Volt AC when leads are in both Output leads (open circuit Voltage) when only 1 Lead is connected there is one side with Higher AC Voltage than the Other (probably because of the Capacitor's First Pulse).., when the Other Lead is Grounded AC voltage Increase to 50-70 Volts... when Shorted, yellow sparks fly away!.. with this I could light a 50 watt Halogen and 20 Watt halogen (not fully lit)..
                            my transformer is Air core 4000+ Turns(3 Kilo #21) : Secondary 20 Turns #16 (Partnered Output Coil Configuration)

not sure how this happens, maybe its just out of phase and need Power Factor Corrections.. I dunno... I don't even know how to do that..

anyone have any Idea How can I find the true Voltage of my output?
                            Yes, I have measured it but the only good way is with an oscilloscope. Using the spark gap, the output is much like you would see from a scope probe near a Tesla coil, each individual spark produces a damped sine waveform at the LC resonant frequency of the primary and the two caps of the hairpin. With my arrangement (turns ratio 82:5 step down) and about 3-4mm spark gap I was getting pulses of about 50-100V amplitude (twice that peak-peak), damping out almost completely within three or four cycles.

I tried to convert the output to DC using a fast diode and a cap bank, as this would have made power measurements much easier. Unfortunately this arrangement is highly efficient at cooking diodes, the large current peaks damage them in short order. Presumably beefy enough diodes would take the abuse but my 30A, 1000V rated parts didn't stand up to it for long enough to take good measurements. I also discovered that my Kill-A-Watt meter was fried and had to order a new one so I didn't have a good way to measure the input power into the variac. My new one is in now and so far it doesn't appear there is an obvious power gain happening. Increasing the load on the secondary definitely increases the power draw seen at the wall, so if there is any reduction of Lenz's law it must be relatively small. Putting two bulbs on instead of one results in both dimming. I did note however, that opening the spark gap wider seemed to reduce this effect. At the widest gap setting I could use with a 10KV oil burner ignition transformer, the first bulb would still dim just a little as the second is added, but significantly less than at a narrower gap setting. Running at a higher cap voltage means more stored energy, and as you noted this could mean proportionally larger radiant effects. The overall brightness of the bulbs is much higher at the wider gap settings, although this transformer is rated 240VA so it's plenty powerful to run a couple of small bulbs without necessarily resorting to exotic explanations.

Comment

• Test configuration nearly complete.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• F.Y.I

tswift

Increment of Current {Current Increase} a short video;
                                Translated (English sub-titled):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFqJ5D6mkO0

Original: [Прирост тока (Current increase ) original author: MrPreva]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XInN3jk1Hy0

NOTE: No further explaination or discussion required!
                                Other than "backwards (time reversed) current" - hole flow? [Dirac equations?]

Also; Your "Radiant Energy School" is quite interesting and informative;
                                thanks and please continue...

PS - our detailed computer analysis is very slow but proceeding better than expected!

FIN

Comment

Working...
                                X