No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very good reference regarding Noether's theorem. If any of my speculation is correct, and Don Smith was for real, and we can build and demonstrate high-power overunity devices, then theorists are going to have first a very bad day and a very hard time facing the fact that they have missed something so major for over 100 years, but then they are going to have a field day trying to explain it. I think Noether's theorem is a good place to start.

However, I don't think devices of this type violate conservation of energy. No new energy is created. What we are actually doing is reversing cause and effect in time, and borrowing the energy from the universe first before dissipating it in a load. If this sounds strange, you haven't studied quantum mechanics. I'm sure most of the researchers here are familiar with the very wacky and far-out things that are already accepted science. Things like quantum vacuum fluctuations and virtual particles, and spooky action at a distance. This isn't any stranger than all that. At the quantum level, the laws of physics actually don't care which way time is moving, and physicists over the years have had a hard time trying to explain why it is that we can only remember the past but not the future. The only good answer I'm aware of is that "forward time" seems to be the direction in which entropy increases. However, overunity devices of this type most certainly do violate the second law of thermodynamics, and generate what Bearden would call "giant negentropy", that is, meaningful entropy decrease at a macroscopic level and not just things like quantum fluctuations. The "power source" for the device is the vacuum itself, and the negentropy of the source dipole. It just so happens that nature has provided this convenient phase conjugation mechanism to capture and convert it into macroscopic energy in an electrical form, but no new energy gets created and thus the first law of thermodynamics, and Noether's theorem, are still completely valid. At least this is my view based on what I know up to the present time.

The only other theoretical background I have been able to find that seems relevant is the Feynman-Wheeler absorber theory. I'll quote from the Wikipedia article:

The Wheeler–Feynman absorber theory (also called the Wheeler–Feynman time-symmetric theory), named after its originators, the physicists Richard Feynman and John Archibald Wheeler, is an interpretation of electrodynamics derived from the assumption that the solutions of the electromagnetic field equations must be invariant under time-reversal transformation, as are the field equations themselves. Indeed, there is no apparent reason for the time-reversal symmetry breaking, which singles out a preferential time direction and thus makes a distinction between past and future. A time-reversal invariant theory is more logical and elegant.
    The absorber theory brings into play the notion of "advanced waves", which arrive at their destination before they were sent. Read the Wiki article, it will make this clearer. Note that this is not completely accepted physics, but with Feynman's name on it, most reputable physicists will at least take it seriously. I think this is at least a basis to start building a new, more complete theory of electrodynamics, one which can account for the electrical phase-conjugation phenomenon. I'll insert my "I am not a physicist" disclaimer, because I am not one, but I am an engineer and know enough higher math to be dangerous. Fortunately, I don't consider it necessary to have a fully fleshed-out theory in order to build and demonstrate working devices.

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
      Fortunately, I don't consider it necessary to have a fully fleshed-out theory in order to build and demonstrate working devices.
      i agree !

Comment

• Spice OPUS homepage

Comment

• https://youtu.be/Cv4ADE5WI2o?list=WL

Comment

• Originally posted by lespaul109 View Post
            A linear series of single loop passive lc tanks for wireless energy transfer where
            each independent loop is spaced to give the highest power transfer.

patents for trans cutaneous (implants) spatially decoupled loops exist stating that the prior art use a single loop.

It is an interesting and unique demonstration. Thanks
            Last edited by mikrovolt; 04-26-2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• If one or more of those tank circuits were placed on the opposite side of the transmit circuit, it should look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7QiI8p1gi4

Comment

• Another experiment based video seies that shows some resemblance
                to how aether was studied and compliments the older printed books.
                A worth while download.

https://www.archive.org/stream/histo...ge/n5/mode/2up

Don is not here any more but I know he could comment more about
                how to go further with principles like these. Sometimes it is the type of
                instruments that are used. Sometimes seeing the similarity. Sometimes
                it is the difference, Most likely it will be in how the type or condition of
                of the aether that is used that we will find answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9yFrQ41Za0
                Last edited by mikrovolt; 04-26-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Earth energies, a new release...

https://patents.google.com/patent/US9564268B2/en

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
                    Earth energies, a new release...

https://patents.google.com/patent/US9564268B2/en
                    Good find! On a first reading, it appears to me as if the same principle is at work as in the Don Smith devices, the thing I've been trying to understand and generally calling "phase conjugate" electricity. The energy coming up from earth in response to a high voltage is characteristically different from normal electricity, and when you put it through a transformer interesting things happen. In the patent they use both natural atmospheric energy, and then give it a boost with a high voltage spark system. I think either natural or assisted the energy works the same way. This is essentially Don's demonstration of zapping the capacitor with the handheld Tesla coil all over again, and the collecting coil is between the capacitor and ground as I mentioned several posts back.

I note they don't give any performance or power characteristics in the patent, it wouldn't surprise me if a system like this could generate kilowatts with minimal input. Also the coiled extendable ground radial system is quite interesting. Dragon, is this system at all similar to your own ground energy collector?

Comment

• Alright guys, this looks like the winner!

Don has mentioned that certain Op Amps show his effect.

http://pdfserv.maximintegrated.com/en/an/AN1868.pdf

http://www.audioscientific.com/Circu...May_24_01_.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by lespaul109
                        I don't want to discourage you since you're doing some good research. I think all of us here have panned through a lot of mud hoping to find a few gold nuggets. However, even though some passive components exhibit a negative differential resistance over part of their characteristic curve, or active components can be made to give a negative resistance curve, doesn't mean there is energy gain happening. At least I seriously doubt it, but I haven't personally done the measurements. If you think it's worth following up, then build it and make some careful measurements and let everyone else know what you find.

Personally, I think the only way we're going to find the real holy grail of high-power, high COP overunity is through unconventional physics. Conventional physics and engineering is very good at describing virtually all phenomena we see and experience, and good for designing circuits that work well, even exotic ones. But there's still the edge of the envelope where some uncommon phenomena aren't completely explained, and physics that is highly non-equilibrium where it's hard to analyze. So the door hasn't been nailed shut completely in my mind, but the bar is pretty high.

So far I've zeroed in on this phenomenon that I keep talking about. Once you begin to understand how it works you can look at a circuit, like the patent Dragon posted, and say "yep, that will probably manifest the effect". It's an effect you won't find in any physics text anywhere that I'm aware of. It's kind of like an extended version of Newton's Third Law. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. In addition to its usual sense of vector force, magnitude and direction, this appears to also be true for electricity. When you create a dipole you create an action. Nature pushes back to try and cancel your dipole. This reaction energy is a reversed, negative sense of energy even though it looks and acts just like normal electricity. The "characteristic" difference seems to be more pronounced at higher voltages. The phenomenon is already happening naturally with the earth/ionosphere capacitor, which is why you can tap real power from ground currents as some are doing. Don just figured out that by applying some artificial high voltage you can produce the same effect.

Comment

• Yes, it has similarities which is why it caught my attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
                            Yes, it has similarities which is why it caught my attention.
                            In your experience, how important is low ground impedance to producing effects? I have been doing testing with two grounds, one the utility grid ground and one standard 8' ground rod I drove. I measured the resistance between them and was quite disheartened to get around 200 ohms (using the analog meter). I noticed some visible soil void around the one I installed, so I poured some water down it. This got it down to 100 ohms, which still doesn't sound very good. Unfortunately, I have soil with distinct limestone rock layers and driving a ground rod is an adventure. You might get lucky and have one that goes full depth, or you might be able to pound it through some thinner rocks, but if you hit a thick slab you're out of luck. I installed a really quality ground once by digging a foot-wide hole over six feet deep and backfilling it with sodium sulfate salt. This was a huge amount of work and I'm not anxious to repeat it if I can avoid it....

Comment

• Compare and contrast this image from the Zilano document:

Yet again, a ground energy system involving using high voltage to draw electrons up from ground. The question is, if this works why does it work?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by tswift; 04-30-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
                                In your experience, how important is low ground impedance to producing effects? I have been doing testing with two grounds, one the utility grid ground and one standard 8' ground rod I drove. I measured the resistance between them and was quite disheartened to get around 200 ohms (using the analog meter). I noticed some visible soil void around the one I installed, so I poured some water down it. This got it down to 100 ohms, which still doesn't sound very good. Unfortunately, I have soil with distinct limestone rock layers and driving a ground rod is an adventure. You might get lucky and have one that goes full depth, or you might be able to pound it through some thinner rocks, but if you hit a thick slab you're out of luck. I installed a really quality ground once by digging a foot-wide hole over six feet deep and backfilling it with sodium sulfate salt. This was a huge amount of work and I'm not anxious to repeat it if I can avoid it....
                                Having a high resistance between grounds might work to your advantage depending on the ground activity in your area. I would set up a battery and amp meter connected to your grounds to calculate the resistance, if there is some electrical activity the meters may not be accurate.

Generally there is a large amount of amps flowing through the ground caused by a number of different activities, natural and man made. Basically the many different causes boil down to 2 basic mechanisms ... charge transmission or electromagnetic induction.

Lets say you have a huge monster cable running through your yard that has hundreds of amps flowing through it. It spans the world, so in order to see a true potential difference you would need to have one probe in Mexico and the other in Canada. So when you stick 2 little "pins" in the ground with a small distance what is the best you can expect to see? Let's say we have a battery circuit, the battery represents the telluric source, the positive runs a few feet down the line and is connected to a load ( resistance) then back to the source. Our position is somewhere between the positive and load. If we tap 2 points on that line will we measure any voltage? Nope, nothing... at least not until you reach a point that resistance in the line causes a voltage difference.... but we can tap that line with a lower resistance line and extract the current flow - a shared current flow. If you have a 100 amp flow on the line and you add a second line of equal resistance then you have 2 lines flowing 50 amps. Splitting the positive or negative as it were.

The solenoid formula's use amp/turns to determine magnetic flux - voltage plays no part initially. A simple make 'n break circuit, solenoid, connected to the 2 grounds can create an active magnetic circuit. As long as the secondary line's (above ground) resistance is lower than the source line (ground) current will flow... large low resistance wire is the key.

Once you've established an active magnetic circuit you can manipulate voltage. Tesla's auto ignition 609250 and ozone 568177 patents are excellent example's of input boost circuits and more. Fig 3 of the above patent shows an interesting way of generating a substantial ground loop circuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X