Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• increasing wave form ....

I did not find that book.

But this is an interesting video about whave forms getting bigger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7QiI8p1gi4
    And some more about the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itl-nFy_AT4

Comment

• I appreciate the links! I really should try the setup in the first video on my xds3102 with built-in waveform gen. Have you ever come across a simple HF amp to use on the gen's output?

Comment

• Trumpet waveform

I've been doing some searches aver the last few hours and have come to these.

"negative resistance oscillator"
        "Euler oscillation"
        "negative feedback oscillator"

Comment

• Very, very interesting!

Maybe the most promising so far!!!

designing superregenerative receivers

This one just had something that sounded important in the first or second paragraph.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_resistance

Comment

• May be on to something here!

*How to make one.
            How to make negative resistance - convert 4 volts to 12 V without a transformer!

*I would bet big bucks Don was using a variant of these in all the devices with a heatsink!
            http://www.littelfuse.com/~/media/el...n_note.pdf.pdf

*Look for "negative resistance" in this one.
            http://gratisenergi.se/Triggering_an...ation_Note.pdf

Comment

• nice links,

It is one explanation to call it "Negative resistance" but In my opinion, it is quite confusing. Resistance is for DC and Impedance for AC.

I think Its best described as don smith described it.
              ".. At Resonance, (ohms-Impedance-Z) becomes Zero..." not negative.

Comment

• One more for tonight

Very very good reading!

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Circui...tive_Impedance

Comment

• https://archive.org/stream/in.ernet....+oscillator%22

Comment

• Originally posted by ricards View Post
                    nice links,

It is one explanation to call it "Negative resistance" but In my opinion, it is quite confusing. Resistance is for DC and Impedance for AC.

I think Its best described as don smith described it.
                    ".. At Resonance, (ohms-Impedance-Z) becomes Zero..." not negative.
                    This exactly the secret!

Comment

• New Information

Even though I haven't been spending much time at the workbench, I haven't quit researching. Lately I have been reading and rereading old source material to make sure I understand as much as possible. In one of his videos, Marc Belanger specifically mentioned that Tesla's phase conjugation phenomenon was important and could be seen and understood by a close reading of the Colorado Springs Notes. I have read it before, and nothing jumped out at me then. But back when I read it I really had no understanding of the phase conjugation phenomenon and didn't know what to look for. Armed with at least some understanding of the physics at work, I reread it looking for anything unusual, and paying close attention to experimental configurations which might be likely to show the phase conjugation phenomenon. This basically happens only in the receiver, when energy is being transmitted through the ground. Sure enough, on page 347 I hit pay dirt:

This photograph shows the "new extra coil" as last modified, having 98 turns wire No. 6 and on top two turns or nearly so of wire No. 10 covered with a thickness of 3/8" rubber. This wire was repeatedly referred to in previous notes. It was necessary to use it in many of the experiments recorded for the purpose of preventing or at least reducing leaks. In many cases despite the excellency and great thickness of the insulation the latter was found inadequate to withstand the strain, as is evident from a number of photographs showing the coil in action energized to full power. The picture illustrates five incandescent lamps lighted - and to much more than normal candle power - on a table in front of the coil. The lamps are in series, one end of the series being connected to the ground by a wire seen on the bottom while the other end of the lamp series is joined to the lower end of the coil, the upper end being entirely insulated and remote from objects which might act upon it inductively.

On the following page, Tesla describes that the secondary of the oscillator is disabled by shorting it, and the energizing is provided just by the primary charging circuit discharging into ground. The extra coil is being operated as a receiver with some light bulbs connected between the coil and ground. Not only does this arrangement work, but the bulbs are lighted "to much more than normal candle power". Toward the bottom of page 348 Tesla then calculates the tuned circuit Q with the bulb load in the receiver circuit and concludes that it should be drastically less than it is behaving like. It's almost like the load on the circuit doesn't even matter. Indeed, the normally reserved Tesla starts using unusual language and is quite impressed at the results of this line of experimenting. Read this, from page 350:

It was astonishing to note, in the experiment recorded on the plate, how much energy can be in this manner conveyed to such a carefully synchronized coil through the ground.

And....

Certainly,the amount of energy conveyed in this manner was, in some experiments with this apparatus, surprising at first.

On page 351, he changes the bulbs to being driven from a pickoff coil of a few turns wound around the extra coil being used as the receiver. By page 353 he moves the receiving coil outside the laboratory and changes to a different coil. On page 355 we find that even after taking steps to reduce the input power, Tesla is still breaking lamps from the excess power:

The fact is, the adjustment for resonance was not quite close as the lamp lighted could not withstand the current by close adjustment. Two of these lamps were broken. The energy transmitted through the ground to the coil was, of course, small in this instance, since only a small part of the available primary capacity was used, that is, 1.66/8 of the avaIlable capacity and the current of the supply transformers was reduced as far as practicable.

Later on things get even more interesting. On page 363 is the story of how Tesla takes an X-ray photograph of the hand of a workman. He energizes a standard Roentgen tube by placing it between the ground and a received coil (presumably inside the laboratory). Even though Tesla is doubtful this will work, it does and the resulting Roentgen photograph seems characteristically different. Is there perhaps something different and unique about this energy that comes up from the ground to a receiving coil?

Nothing peculiarly interesting beyond the manner of taking the photograph was contemplated, nevertheless an inspection revealed that this photograph, probably owing to the high economy of the oscillating systems used in these experiments, or possibly on account of the frequency, was distinctly different from many others taken with different apparatus. The tube was not strongly excited and the exposure was scarcely more than a few seconds, yet much of detail was recorded. It is quite curious how plainly the nails are shown, much as in an ordinary photograph.

Yes, anyone who is familiar with X-rays knows that fingernails normally don't show up to any degree. On page 365 is more of this very unusual language, quite uncharacteristic for the normally calm Tesla:

On this occasion I must point out a peculiar feature about the action of the currents developed by this apparatus upon Roentgen tubes. As might be expected, Some experiments were carried on in this line also and possibly with greater pleasure than those in other directions, for my conviction is growing stronger every day that, with apparatus such as the present, wonderful results must be secured provided only that a tube is constructed capable of taking up any amount of energy. On my return this task will be a serious one. Many times tubes have been worked here from the secondary but curiously enough, for a reason which is to me not yet clear, they can only work for a few seconds at the most as, almost instantly, they become very highly rarefied and the sparks begin to dart over the glass, the tube becoming useless. No matter how the current was cut down the action took place, unless it was reduced to such an extent that the tube was scarcely excited at all. Already in New York with an apparatus similar to this, though much smaller, I observed that such an action always occurs, in some degree, when the vibrating system possesses a very small resistance and the electrical movement in the circuit connected to the tube is very large. This will be further investigated.

Eric Dollard has also talked about this phenomenon, where the vacuum in vacuum tubes can get BETTER somehow. In this case Tesla seems to be referring not to a receiver coil but to the main oscillator secondary. My speculation is that in a Tesla coil system of sufficient power, the reflected phase-conjugate wave coming back up from the ground into the coil begins to become significant and the energy in the secondary is actually both phase-forward and phase-conjugate components at the same time. In my own observations with the benchtop Tesla coil, this is when the white spark forms.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to pass on my current observations in the hope that this will be useful to other researchers. I still believe that this phase conjugation phenomenon is quite real and is at the heart of the mystery of radiant energy and how to achieve high power overunity a la Don Smith or Tariel Kapanadze. Kapanadze also said that Tesla found the secret originally and all he did was make use of it.

The next step will be to build an experimental apparatus to demonstrate it. Ideally this should be as simple as possible while still demonstrating the physics of the phase conjugation effect. Don's "dipole energy generator", also known as the plasma tube device, seems ideal for this. From Don's patent application in "Resonant Energy Methods" it seems clear that the dipole can also be something like the secondary of a Tesla coil, something I happen to have on hand. Of course, I have tried this configuration before without success. Probably so have many experimenters on this forum. But back then I didn't understand the phase conjugation phenomenon and what to expect, and how to properly connect the capacitor for results. I also don't think I had enough capacitance, I suspect the effect will scale proportional to the capacitance. I will post more progress as I have it.

Comment

• Time Reversal and Phase Conjugation, by John Kooiman

Originally posted by tswift View Post
                        Even though I haven't been spending much time at the workbench, I haven't quit researching. Lately I have been reading and rereading old source material to make sure I understand as much as possible. In one of his videos, Marc Belanger specifically mentioned that Tesla's phase conjugation phenomenon was important and could be seen and understood by a close reading of the Colorado Springs Notes. I have read it before, and nothing jumped out at me then. But back when I read it I really had no understanding of the phase conjugation phenomenon and didn't know what to look for. Armed with at least some understanding of the physics at work, I reread it looking for anything unusual, and paying close attention to experimental configurations which might be likely to show the phase conjugation phenomenon. This basically happens only in the receiver, when energy is being transmitted through the ground. Sure enough, on page 347 I hit pay dirt:

This photograph shows the "new extra coil" as last modified, having 98 turns wire No. 6 and on top two turns or nearly so of wire No. 10 covered with a thickness of 3/8" rubber. This wire was repeatedly referred to in previous notes. It was necessary to use it in many of the experiments recorded for the purpose of preventing or at least reducing leaks. In many cases despite the excellency and great thickness of the insulation the latter was found inadequate to withstand the strain, as is evident from a number of photographs showing the coil in action energized to full power. The picture illustrates five incandescent lamps lighted - and to much more than normal candle power - on a table in front of the coil. The lamps are in series, one end of the series being connected to the ground by a wire seen on the bottom while the other end of the lamp series is joined to the lower end of the coil, the upper end being entirely insulated and remote from objects which might act upon it inductively.

On the following page, Tesla describes that the secondary of the oscillator is disabled by shorting it, and the energizing is provided just by the primary charging circuit discharging into ground. The extra coil is being operated as a receiver with some light bulbs connected between the coil and ground. Not only does this arrangement work, but the bulbs are lighted "to much more than normal candle power". Toward the bottom of page 348 Tesla then calculates the tuned circuit Q with the bulb load in the receiver circuit and concludes that it should be drastically less than it is behaving like. It's almost like the load on the circuit doesn't even matter. Indeed, the normally reserved Tesla starts using unusual language and is quite impressed at the results of this line of experimenting. Read this, from page 350:

It was astonishing to note, in the experiment recorded on the plate, how much energy can be in this manner conveyed to such a carefully synchronized coil through the ground.

And....

Certainly,the amount of energy conveyed in this manner was, in some experiments with this apparatus, surprising at first.

On page 351, he changes the bulbs to being driven from a pickoff coil of a few turns wound around the extra coil being used as the receiver. By page 353 he moves the receiving coil outside the laboratory and changes to a different coil. On page 355 we find that even after taking steps to reduce the input power, Tesla is still breaking lamps from the excess power:

The fact is, the adjustment for resonance was not quite close as the lamp lighted could not withstand the current by close adjustment. Two of these lamps were broken. The energy transmitted through the ground to the coil was, of course, small in this instance, since only a small part of the available primary capacity was used, that is, 1.66/8 of the avaIlable capacity and the current of the supply transformers was reduced as far as practicable.

Later on things get even more interesting. On page 363 is the story of how Tesla takes an X-ray photograph of the hand of a workman. He energizes a standard Roentgen tube by placing it between the ground and a received coil (presumably inside the laboratory). Even though Tesla is doubtful this will work, it does and the resulting Roentgen photograph seems characteristically different. Is there perhaps something different and unique about this energy that comes up from the ground to a receiving coil?

Nothing peculiarly interesting beyond the manner of taking the photograph was contemplated, nevertheless an inspection revealed that this photograph, probably owing to the high economy of the oscillating systems used in these experiments, or possibly on account of the frequency, was distinctly different from many others taken with different apparatus. The tube was not strongly excited and the exposure was scarcely more than a few seconds, yet much of detail was recorded. It is quite curious how plainly the nails are shown, much as in an ordinary photograph.

Yes, anyone who is familiar with X-rays knows that fingernails normally don't show up to any degree. On page 365 is more of this very unusual language, quite uncharacteristic for the normally calm Tesla:

On this occasion I must point out a peculiar feature about the action of the currents developed by this apparatus upon Roentgen tubes. As might be expected, Some experiments were carried on in this line also and possibly with greater pleasure than those in other directions, for my conviction is growing stronger every day that, with apparatus such as the present, wonderful results must be secured provided only that a tube is constructed capable of taking up any amount of energy. On my return this task will be a serious one. Many times tubes have been worked here from the secondary but curiously enough, for a reason which is to me not yet clear, they can only work for a few seconds at the most as, almost instantly, they become very highly rarefied and the sparks begin to dart over the glass, the tube becoming useless. No matter how the current was cut down the action took place, unless it was reduced to such an extent that the tube was scarcely excited at all. Already in New York with an apparatus similar to this, though much smaller, I observed that such an action always occurs, in some degree, when the vibrating system possesses a very small resistance and the electrical movement in the circuit connected to the tube is very large. This will be further investigated.

Eric Dollard has also talked about this phenomenon, where the vacuum in vacuum tubes can get BETTER somehow. In this case Tesla seems to be referring not to a receiver coil but to the main oscillator secondary. My speculation is that in a Tesla coil system of sufficient power, the reflected phase-conjugate wave coming back up from the ground into the coil begins to become significant and the energy in the secondary is actually both phase-forward and phase-conjugate components at the same time. In my own observations with the benchtop Tesla coil, this is when the white spark forms.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to pass on my current observations in the hope that this will be useful to other researchers. I still believe that this phase conjugation phenomenon is quite real and is at the heart of the mystery of radiant energy and how to achieve high power overunity a la Don Smith or Tariel Kapanadze. Kapanadze also said that Tesla found the secret originally and all he did was make use of it.

The next step will be to build an experimental apparatus to demonstrate it. Ideally this should be as simple as possible while still demonstrating the physics of the phase conjugation effect. Don's "dipole energy generator", also known as the plasma tube device, seems ideal for this. From Don's patent application in "Resonant Energy Methods" it seems clear that the dipole can also be something like the secondary of a Tesla coil, something I happen to have on hand. Of course, I have tried this configuration before without success. Probably so have many experimenters on this forum. But back then I didn't understand the phase conjugation phenomenon and what to expect, and how to properly connect the capacitor for results. I also don't think I had enough capacitance, I suspect the effect will scale proportional to the capacitance. I will post more progress as I have it.
                        Regarding...
                        Time Reversal and Phase Conjugation

I think I've performed time reversal ...

https://tinyurl.com/is-this-realistic

https://tinyurl.com/is-this-realistic2

... or else why on Earth would this simulation rise to infinite output from an extremely finite input using only one pole of a battery? I think discontinuity of a wave has occurred in which low-level capacitors allow for both reflection and transmittal of a wave while the pair of transformers accelerate everything? Upon reading up on the physics behind the Conservation of Energy, I came upon Noether's theorem implying that time (within my simulation, above) may be the only factor which could be modulated to invoke - not the creation of energy from out of nothing, but - the creation of more time so as to lengthen the simulation's ability to retain the semblance of immortality regardless of its consumption of power.

I use low level capacitors to achieve discontinuity of a wave ...

Discontinuity can even occur within an artery! ...

I like this next reference for phase conjugation better than the last since it's more intuitive with less equations.

There's even a retroreflective mirror already in use on the rear-end of cars, bicycles, etc. to reflect light back to the source/observer should it hit the reflector at an angle (which it will in most cases) and, thus, prevent it from reflecting away from the observer.

Last edited by Vinyasi; 04-20-2017, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• That's a good reference, thanks. In this case what I'm referring to is true time reversal, but I use the more conventional term from nonlinear optics of "phase conjugation". If my understanding is correct, there is a previously unrecognized deep time symmetry within the laws of physics. This would no doubt have wide-ranging consequences, but the one we're most interested in here in this forum has to do with capacitors. As Don showed in the demonstration where he uses the small Tesla coil to zap a capacitor, when you apply a charge to one plate of a capacitor, nature wants to equalize it. If there is a circuit where charges can move from ground to the other plate of the capacitor, they will do so. This is completely standard physics. What I think Don was trying to show with this demonstration, and what gets lost among all of his difficult and varied language (like "magnetic waves") is that those restoring, counterbalancing charges that flow into the opposite plate are not just opposite in polarity but also time-reversed. They are phase-conjugate electricity.

This is also illustrated in Tesla's famous radiant energy patents, no doubt familiar to every researcher here. Nothing really looks out of the ordinary until you have this insight and gain this understanding that the charges coming up from ground through the receiver circuit are not normal electricity but are this time-reversed or phase-conjugate electricity. The same thing happens in a Bedini-style pulse charger, electrons are pulled up from ground during a high voltage positive-going spike, which causes them to assume some phase-conjugate character. Apparently with electricity, it seems that it doesn't have to be all one way or the other: you can have a blend of partially time-forward and time-reversed. The closer to completely time-reversed the charges get, the more overunity you get when they go through a transformer (or motor, in Gray's case).

The necessary and sufficient conditions to produce the effect are actually very simple: you need a high voltage source to produce an electric field (but no appreciable current) in its surroundings. Then you need a capacitor, one plate of which is either exposed to the electric field environment (as in being close to a Tesla coil) or directly connected (as in Don's commercial device). Then you connect the other plate to ground through a transformer. The phase-conjugate charges coming up from ground to the other plate of the capacitor go through the transformer primary, and the secondary will then show an overunity gain. If you use a Tesla coil (either spark-excited or CW like a slayer exciter) and a ferrite-core transformer suitable for the high frequency, then no diodes are even needed (unless you want to rectify the final output from the secondary to DC). This should be the simplest possible arrangement to demonstrate the effect, and I intend to try it as soon as I can. It's exactly what Don called his "dipole electric generator" and Zilano also referred to a similar arrangement as "radiant harvesting without diodes". Now I understand what is happening on a physical level, and why it should work. Choosing a suitable value for the capacitor, and designing the primary of the transformer to have a suitable impedance will be important in order to get some power transfer without loading the HV source too much. I probably got all this wrong before which is why I didn't get results when I tried it previously.

About the simulation, I tend to think it's probably just a bug or round-off error in the simulation code. The simplest way to find out for sure would be to build it as an experimental configuration on the workbench.
                          Last edited by tswift; 04-20-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
                            ... Choosing a suitable value for the capacitor ...
                            I find 1pF or less works best within the context of my simulations. A YouTuber made this suggestion ...
                            Why don't you take 10 x (or more) 10 pF Capacitor 100V (or similar) and put them in series, you should get a 1 pF /1000V Capacitor ... just see!? -- eco3 systems

Comment

• This will work depending on the capacitance required, but I'm really planning on just fabricating a capacitor as necessary. Just as shown in Don's dipole generator patent application, parallel sheets should do it as long as they are close enough to the electric field of the dipole. The Zilano design had a wraparound capacitor in a "C" shape going around the central Tesla coil, and this should do the same thing. Either way, the amount of "ambient" energy drawn should essentially be proportional to the capacitance. When I built it the first time, I used a piece of polycarbonate probably 12x12 inches and about 1/8 inch thick, then spray-glued some aluminum foil to the sides. Then I drilled a 3 inch hole in it by sandwiching it between two pieces of plywood and using a drill press. I don't remember the capacitance but it wasn't very much. In fact, I probably still have the capacitor around here somewhere in a parts bin. I think better results will be had from a much thinner layer of dielectric, which will have proportionally more capacitance. The voltage difference across it will be relatively limited, most of the voltage drop to ground will happen in the transformer. The dielectric only needs to be thick enough to withstand the voltage it will be exposed to, not the full Tesla coil voltage.

Also, Don said that multiple sets of plates can be used and each set sees the full effect. I think this is most likely true according to my current understanding, so the capacitance can be further increased that way. Hopefully I can get a capacitance in the tens of nanofarads at least, possibly more. Not sure yet which arrangement is easiest to build.

Comment

Working...
                              X