Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
    Moving forward with my obsession and a bunch of new tests... Originally my question to myself was why would there be a power draw on an open circuit, that is, the same draw that would be present in a closed loop. One would expect to see an "idle" draw on the transformer if it was an open circuit. The reduction in power when using the ant/grd then could be explained by the capacitive coupling. Calculating the reactive resistance showed that it was indeed running in a closed loop. The ant/grd having a 13kohm resistance gave a clear indication of what I saw as the drop in power consumption between this and the direct connection. With a 13k resistor in the closed loop circuit it performed like the ant/grd circuit. So what, if anything, is to be gained here?

I set out to build an artificial environment to replace the ant/grd yet still maintain the capacitive effect I was seeing. Thus the tube and wire - large surface area acting as a ground and small surface area as the antenna... the infamous "Ion Valve". Worked perfectly with slightly less input consumption. The capacitance measured in at around 55 pf giving me an over all resistance of around 75k. This corresponded closely to what I calculated. So then, what is the key mechanism that "brings in", "attracts", or otherwise supplies energy in excess of the original input?

In pondering this I also realized that with the added resistance ( ant/grd, ion valve ) there was an RC time constant involved here as well - a tiny delay in response, which may or may not have relevance..... The next several experiments ended in complete failure - the goal was to reduce capacitance even farther thus finding a maximum impedance that I could get by with that would still allow the system to run, hoping for a reduced input requirement yet still provide a reasonable output. Obviously I went to far and it simply became an open circuit once again...

I fashioned 2 plates that could be adjusted for distance, one large one small - quickie calculations on distance and size ( overall a "best guess"). At a gap of around 1.25 " there was noticeable activity in the gap, at just over 1" it flashed and maintained an arc. So, alright we had an output and all was running as expected, only a slight drop in input requirement which was disheartening, it dawned on me that the transformer couldn't do this on it's own. I'm using an 8kv transformer throttled by a 15uf cap so it's most likely running in the range of 4-5kv. The gap being an inch or more indicates a voltage far in excess of what the transformer alone would do.

Ending this portion of my investigation I observed; No energy in excess of input, nothing to indicate a reduction of input other than the inherent resistance, it functions solely as a closed circuit not as an open circuit... but an interesting development leading to a place to start a new investigation.

*A standalone ION VALVE is no more than a voltage regulator. It can be used to COUPLE with a source of ion potential energy.
    Last edited by radioionics; 02-06-2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wistiti View Post
      Hi guys!
      What you think of this HV module?
      https://www.amazon.ca/CNBTR-Power-Mo.../dp/B01969RF6C
      This type of HV module will not hold up to continuous use.
      Last edited by radioionics; 02-06-2017, 06:25 AM. Reason: minor edit

Comment

• Originally posted by radioionics View Post
        This type of HV module will not hold up to continuous use.
        Yes,I know, Dragon also say the same... but im just curious if is there an easy way to know witch output leads are the + and -...

Comment

• I couldn't say for sure, they generally charge an output cap to store energy until it can breach the gap. You might be able to power it up quickly, ( tap the input with a battery ) not long enough for it to charge completely. Then place a neon bulb across the leads - this should discharge it to a level it could be measured with a conventional meter.

Edit; It occurred to me that it might use a smaller cap to drive a trigger transformer on the output - I've seen different variations of the circuit. If this is the case you might not be able to get any kind of measure without the use of some HV equipment. ( similar to a camera flash circuit ). at 400kv I suspect this is the case....

You might want to be prepared to sacrifice a meter for the cause.... one of those cheap 5 buck meters might suffice...
          Last edited by dragon; 02-06-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I couldn't say for sure, they generally charge an output cap to store energy until it can breach the gap. You might be able to power it up quickly, ( tap the input with a battery ) not long enough for it to charge completely. Then place a neon bulb across the leads - this should discharge it to a level it could be measured with a conventional meter.

You might want to be prepared to sacrifice a meter for the cause.... one of those cheap 5 buck meters might suffice...
            Hey thanks for that! It is a clever way to find the polarity!!! The neon bulb I have are rated to fire at 90v so no problem for a conventional meter.

Comment

*A standalone ION VALVE is no more than a voltage regulator. It can be used to COUPLE with a source of ion potential energy.
              Your ion valve is more akin to a diode than a regulator. A smaller voltage will move freely to the tube from the wire where a charge on the tube will need to be much much higher to move toward the wire.

The latter is how I visualized the ant/grd which is why I used that set up to create an artificial environment. The ant/grd is basically the same thing - an ion valve - just on a much larger scale.

I needed to create a baseline of the circuit - one that answered all my questions about how it functions and performs so when I build the PPV all the changes in performance ( if any ) would be based on only that one part.

Comment

Most excellent Bruce. I've looked at these, and many of your drawings in the past. It appears that I've reproduced a successful "ion valve" then. I believe these have a past much further back than you and I. These are only a few of many I've studied, a couple I've reproduced with some interesting anomalies which I continue to pursue in the ground circuits.

US1220005
                US1303730
                US1349103
                US1349104

We are still overlooking something.... this nagging quest I'm currently on is beyond the valve itself. This crosses over to both our works and I know your just as frustrated as I am at times. It's at the point of total frustration where we finally ask the right question, in that moment, the answer becomes obvious. I'm currently there....

I'm not overlooking "something." Yes, it is beyond the valve. The valve effect is the key, and it isn't the end of the road. It's fundamental effects have to be expanded to generate electrical power. An example is the Crookes Radiometer which is a meek effect, until some bright person comes along and expands on it, I'm still waiting for this someone to expand on it. Are you up to the task? I could do it with some effort but my present focus is to see that my radioionics findings shared on this forum will become a useful product in the very near future.

It is a fact that there is a largely untapped source of energy which surrounds the planet. Moray called it "The Sea of Energy in Which The Earth Floats." It is very obvious to me, and very frustrating everyone is going off in their own directions, looking for something that is a hair's distance under their noses.
                Last edited by radioionics; 02-06-2017, 03:12 PM. Reason: minor revision

Comment

Your ion valve is more akin to a diode than a regulator. A smaller voltage will move freely to the tube from the wire where a charge on the tube will need to be much much higher to move toward the wire.

The latter is how I visualized the ant/grd which is why I used that set up to create an artificial environment. The ant/grd is basically the same thing - an ion valve - just on a much larger scale.

I needed to create a baseline of the circuit - one that answered all my questions about how it functions and performs so when I build the PPV all the changes in performance ( if any ) would be based on only that one part.

Yes, it also functions a high voltage rectifier. I remember testing it many years ago with a Tesla coil and it rectified its high voltage/high frequency output.

To replace the ant/grd you could try using a porous cylinder. The wire and cylinder interelectrode spacing must be open to the air. The effect is stifled without a fresh supply of air. It cannot be choked off. The wire/cylinder couple must have a contact potential difference as was first observed by Galvani in his experiments.
                  Last edited by radioionics; 02-07-2017, 12:58 AM. Reason: minor edit

Comment

• Thanks Bruce ..... A couple questions about your PPV...

It is a directional device correct?

In the drawing 5.4.8, are they placed in the correct direction?

Comment

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
                      This will work but here is a better circuit!

Merry Christmas!

Without the mirror circuit at least half of the energy spills and goes back into the great void!

Hi guys.

I cant tell if it is because of my ant/ground setup (if so it will take few month before the spring arrived here and i'll be able to setup new one) or it is because of some primary hv problems (as you know I have isolated it and change my flyback for a better one) or simply because I miss some skills, but after few try(I even try to change the ground for antenna connection), money and time, I am far from the result supposed to be in the pdf V.7.0.0...

I don't know about the result of other and hope they have better than mine...
                      But until now I have hard time with this circuit...

Hope all the "secrets" are reveled cause it's frustrated when you give your best and know after a while there is something missing...

For now I will take a break and standby with the "Mirror circuit" until I can see better result than mine or until the spring coming...

When the parts I have order came in, I will give a try to the last simplified circuit Soundiceuk have share to see if I can achieve better results...

Am still open for comments and help!

Bruce and Soundiceuk, sorry for my
                      poor results and negative post....

Comment

It is a fact that there is a largely untapped source of energy which surrounds the planet. Moray called it "The Sea of Energy in Which The Earth Floats." It is very obvious to me, and very frustrating everyone is going off in their own directions, looking for something that is a hair's distance under their noses.
                        What exactly is a hairs distance under our noses that we are looking for and not finding, the "sea of energy" or the way to harvest it?
                        Last edited by tesluh; 02-07-2017, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks Bruce ..... A couple questions about your PPV...

It is a directional device correct?

In the drawing 5.4.8, are they placed in the correct direction?

They? Can you post the diagram? I did some cleaning up a few days ago. I need to look at the diagram to see that we are on the same page. In the v5.4.8n only see one PPV.

Comment

They? Can you post the diagram? I did some cleaning up a few days ago. I need to look at the diagram to see that we are on the same page. In the v5.4.8n only see one PPV.
                            Ok, yea, I have several variations. The 5.4.8 I have is one variation of the mirror circuit then I guess the latest one is the v7 ? Both are similar with small changes....

To remove all the confusion, maybe re-post the one that is based on the tested and working model. This way we all have the same baseline circuit to work with.

Comment

To remove all the confusion, maybe re-post the one that is based on the tested and working model. This way we all have the same baseline circuit to work with.

Comment

Ok, yea, I have several variations. The 5.4.8 I have is one variation of the mirror circuit then I guess the latest one is the v7 ? Both are similar with small changes....

Add just one wire to v7 and you're good to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X