X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mwtj View Post
    Great progress Tswift.

Wistiti you need to hurry up
    Put the multiplier in oil or parrafin wax. Limit the current on the multiplier. I have blown the diodes on my 6 stage multiplier @ 60kV because i did not know. Two times

Did the last test without cap on the secondary and with more turns. Used a 220v bulb.
    Hahaha! yes... I do my best!

I have a question: how do you limit the current on your multiplier?

Comment

Great progress Tswift.

Wistiti you need to hurry up
      Put the multiplier in oil or parrafin wax. Limit the current on the multiplier. I have blown the diodes on my 6 stage multiplier @ 60kV because i did not know. Two times

Did the last test without cap on the secondary and with more turns. Used a 220v bulb.
      Mwtj, do you have any way to measure the actual antenna current? Disregarding possible leaks, it should be possible to measure it either on the ground side or the antenna side. I don't have a (separate) meter that will go from about 0-5 mA, I think it should be roughly in that range. Higher voltage multiplier will mean less current delivery capability, of course the actual current drawn will depend on the ionization happening around the antenna at any given voltage. I'm trying to put meters everywhere so every parameter can be monitored for both performance and troubleshooting. I had a slight HV leak on my kilovolt meter, it started reading way too high, almost full scale. I knew something had to be wrong and it was the screws on the back of the meter leaking a little current. I tried one of those little plastic caps they sell at the hardware store to cover exposed bolt threads and that seemed to work. I didn't want to goop the connections with silicone in case I want to rearrange it later. Realistically it would be better to have two 500M resistors with the meter in the middle of the bridge than one 1G resistor where the meter is at high potential. If I had a driver with a center-tapped HV transformer then I could ground that so that the whole dipole is centered on ground potential, so the + and - parts are at equal voltages only opposite polarities. As it is now, it's at floating potential so any unequal HV leaks from the two halves will cause the voltage to be unequal. I don't think this will stop it from working but it really isn't good design.

Edit: wait, scratch that last part, it's a bad idea. On futher reflection I realized that being at floating potential is what ensures both gaps fire in unison.
      Last edited by tswift; 01-27-2017, 08:42 PM. Reason: correct error

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
        Mwtj, do you have any way to measure the actual antenna current? Disregarding possible leaks, it should be possible to measure it either on the ground side or the antenna side. I don't have a (separate) meter that will go from about 0-5 mA, I think it should be roughly in that range. Higher voltage multiplier will mean less current delivery capability, of course the actual current drawn will depend on the ionization happening around the antenna at any given voltage. I'm trying to put meters everywhere so every parameter can be monitored for both performance and troubleshooting. I had a slight HV leak on my kilovolt meter, it started reading way too high, almost full scale. I knew something had to be wrong and it was the screws on the back of the meter leaking a little current. I tried one of those little plastic caps they sell at the hardware store to cover exposed bolt threads and that seemed to work. I didn't want to goop the connections with silicone in case I want to rearrange it later. Realistically it would be better to have two 500M resistors with the meter in the middle of the bridge than one 1G resistor where the meter is at high potential. If I had a driver with a center-tapped HV transformer then I could ground that so that the whole dipole is centered on ground potential, so the + and - parts are at equal voltages only opposite polarities. As it is now, it's at floating potential so any unequal HV leaks from the two halves will cause the voltage to be unequal. I don't think this will stop it from working but it really isn't good design.

Edit: wait, scratch that last part, it's a bad idea. On futher reflection I realized that being at floating potential is what ensures both gaps fire in unison.
        Will see what i have laying around. The meters is a good idea. And who does not like analog meters.

Import txt for the voltage multiplier. Try and change the values and see what happens. Not perfect but ok.

Circuit Simulator Applet
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mwtj; 01-27-2017, 09:15 PM. Reason: updated multiplier

Comment

Will see what i have laying around. The meters is a good idea. And who does not like analog meters.

Import txt for the voltage multiplier. Try and change the values and see what happens. Not perfect but ok.

Circuit Simulator Applet

Thank you for that!!!

Comment

• My, we certainly seem to have a lot of lurkers in the thread lately. I hope some of you are doing your own builds now that all the essential information is public, would any of our guests like to de-lurk and talk about it?

Comment

• Sounds like great progress!

Mwtj, 220v bulb?

How bright is it yet?

What have you got left to build?

I'm sure Bruce showed me a meter on eBay that measures the ionic energy. It is an amp meter of different design. I think it had a platinum wire and the needle movement was something to do with how that wire reacted.

Unfortunately the link is buried in a Skype chat months ago.

Anyone know what this is called?

Comment

• Mwtj

Will your circuit emulator do open systems and caps as a power source ?

Comment

• To whom it my concern

If the essential is available would someone make a PDF so it can be taken off line to read and work with ? With out the ocean of diatribe to swim thru.?

Comment

• Ok, more progress tonight. Raining so I can't hook the device up outside unless I want to get it, and me, wet. Finished most of the remaining output side circuit, added a power switch, and generally made things a little prettier. Planning on mounting the whole high voltage section on a slab of acrylic so it's completely separate from the low voltage part of the circuit.

Soundiceuk: sounds vaguely like a kind of bolometer?

Full resolution picture:
                    http://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmPSbZzr...X1JAQvivsCw4e2
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tswift; 01-28-2017, 02:44 AM. Reason: add picture

Comment

• Originally posted by jim glinski View Post
                      If the essential is available would someone make a PDF so it can be taken off line to read and work with ? With out the ocean of diatribe to swim thru.?
                      Great idea! I'm not aware of one, or of any easy way to do it. There are a couple old PDF's I have that contain some of the deleted posts by Zilano, and they were very helpful after she left the forum and deleted almost everything. Consider yourself volunteered for figuring out how to do it!

I believe in magic, just not the kind most people do. I don't believe in voodoo, I believe in YOU-DO. Some day I want to get some little hand mirrors imprinted with writing on the front, so it says "PROBLEM SOLVER EXTRAORDINAIRE" right over your own reflection.

Comment

• What me??

You got to be kidding I still haven't figured out how to get my pics and vids up yet there must be a way?
                        Hay any body got a grip on the power out put yet ??

Comment

• Great build Twsift!!

Will you use the 500k ohm pot between the 2 mirror circuit?

I may have some spare time to work on mine tomorrow.

Comment

You got to be kidding I still haven't figured out how to get my pics and vids up yet there must be a way?
                            Hay any body got a grip on the power out put yet ??
                            Well, obviously it's just a suggestion but somebody should step forward and do it, it might as well be you. A lot of the best information on the subject is right here in this thread. Online information can go poof at any time for any number of reasons and it would be good if it were archived somehow, somewhere. It would also be advantageous for distribution off the forum and could reach a wider audience. If we are successful can you imagine how many people are going to try reaching this forum? It's going to be a stampede and the server will probably go down under the load, and that's not even talking about possibly attracting the attention we don't want.

Think of this way, those of us doing builds are spending significant money on parts and experimentation. Helping out this way costs nothing but your time, which you're already spending because you're hanging out here. But what it is, is a FORCE MULTIPLIER that makes everything we do reach that many more people.

Really I see our efforts here as an outgrowth of a certain mentality we all share, which is a willingness to take responsibility and solve your own problems. If we all just accepted the world the way it is we wouldn't be attracted to this kind of research. We are a bunch of CAN-DO, PROBLEM SOLVERS. Certainly archiving some forums has got to be orders of magnitude easier than cracking the overunity code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wistiti View Post
                              Great build Twsift!!
                              Will you use the 500k ohm pot between the 2 mirror circuit?
                              I may have some spare time to work on mine tomorrow.
                              Actually I forgot about the pot! As with the resonant cap, I'm not really sure why it's needed but I'm wary of thinking I understand too much. So I'll put it in, and then do some testing with and without to see how much difference it makes.

Comment

Here!, well its not mine the owner gave it away willingly so I'm only sharing. In my opinion, It's not an Engineerable or a step by step instructions (like what I'm thinking that you want), but Its all of what the guy is willing to share. It should be enough to give you an Insight of the phenomenon.

In my case I like swimming! , I take my time and enjoy the learning process I find it thrilling venturing into the unknown.. walking into paths few partake, I'm an engineer as a profession working in the field of design and I know how to make what you want the problem is I do not Understand Fully how it works yet (only bruce knows since the disclosure is from him). besides the replicators aren't there yet, I suggest you stay tuned.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X