X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L3 and L4 wind!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Components to step up the voltage... only have the cap/diode to made 2 stages multiplier.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post

Here is an circuit even easier to replicate.

The HVM is only used to prime the circuit when a PPV that is optimately designed is used. Moray used what he called his "Swedish Stone" for a cathode.

@ Ricards

Super caps have very little resistance. Resistance generates heat loss.

@Soundiceuk
        How does this circuit is suppose to perform..???

Comment

• I looked at that too. I think it's supposed to be essentially one half of the mirrored circuit, and easier to build than the original circuit because you don't need a high-voltage variable cap. But the schematic looks like it has a problem, the L1 coil will just short the HV to ground. Thinking that there might be more than meets the eye, I took a few minutes and wired it up this way. Sure enough, all that happened was that the resistor got warm from the power dissipation. No spark, no oscillations. Perhaps Soundiceuk can fill us in....

Comment

• Will answer questions ASAP.

For now:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...page&q&f=false

Page 91

Comment

• Got some work done today.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Natures perfect antenna...

Have you ever noticed while driving down a road in winter how the leave-less trees look so much like an electrical discharge? A huge trunk at the bottom to move large currents and thousands of tiny points reaching into the sky to dissipate tiny currents from each of the many branches.

Wouldn't it make more sense to mimic natures best example... ?

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
                  Natures perfect antenna...

Have you ever noticed while driving down a road in winter how the leave-less trees look so much like an electrical discharge? A huge trunk at the bottom to move large currents and thousands of tiny points reaching into the sky to dissipate tiny currents from each of the many branches.

Just like a lightning-strike or human biology or the veins in a leaf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mwtj View Post
                    Got some work done today.
                    Looking good, I like those stand-off insulators! I'm going to have to improve the insulation on my test rig considerably, at 26KV there are small leaks happening all over the place. I can only imagine how problematic it's going to be to get 100KV and higher....

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
                      Natures perfect antenna...

Yes, I thought of that too. For an antenna to get the best discharge characteristics into the surrounding air you would need a branching, dendritic, fractal structure terminating in sharp points. This would produce the most ion current for the smallest size antenna. But yes, it seems nature has already figured this out....

Comment

• You might look at this. THE ELECTRIC FIELD ENERGY SOURCE LAND
                        Garry

Comment

• More progress on the test device, I wound the L3/L4 secondary. I took some test measurements with 5 turns and it seems that the voltage output from 2 turns will likely be enough so I wound it that way, 2/2 bifilar. I put an outer band around the turns to keep them in place, I didn't want to drill holes in the cardboard coil form and get the L3/L4 wires any closer to the L1/L2 wires. At higher voltages I think having the maximum possible separation is a good thing. I arranged most of the output side circuit, the diode bridge and the supercaps on the DC output side, and a light bulb on the AC output side.

Link to full-resolution picture:
                          http://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmPVHa2u...MVYGZiPiFXcxQS
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
                            More progress on the test device, I wound the L3/L4 secondary. I took some test measurements with 5 turns and it seems that the voltage output from 2 turns will likely be enough so I wound it that way, 2/2 bifilar. I put an outer band around the turns to keep them in place, I didn't want to drill holes in the cardboard coil form and get the L3/L4 wires any closer to the L1/L2 wires. At higher voltages I think having the maximum possible separation is a good thing. I arranged most of the output side circuit, the diode bridge and the supercaps on the DC output side, and a light bulb on the AC output side.

Link to full-resolution picture:
                            http://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmPVHa2u...MVYGZiPiFXcxQS
                            Great advancement Tswift!
                            You may be the first of us who complete it
                            Cant wait to see the result!

ps: my secondary to have only 2 turn to achieve the good inductance (10uh/ 11uh) for resonate with my air cap at 500khz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wistiti View Post
                              ps: my secondary to have only 2 turn to achieve the good inductance (10uh/ 11uh) for resonate with my air cap at 500khz.
                              Actually I haven't even measured the inductance of the secondary yet. I'm kind of with Dragon on this, I'm not sure why the cap is necessary. Due to the load on the secondary the Q will be really low and I don't think trying to resonate it will make much difference. But it's in the schematic, so I will try it both with and without when I test it. If the power gain effect shows up then it should be possible to extract a greater amount of power by increasing the secondary turns, it will mess up the normal relationship between voltage and amperage in the primary and secondary of the transformer.

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
                                Actually I haven't even measured the inductance of the secondary yet. I'm kind of with Dragon on this, I'm not sure why the cap is necessary. Due to the load on the secondary the Q will be really low and I don't think trying to resonate it will make much difference. But it's in the schematic, so I will try it both with and without when I test it. If the power gain effect shows up then it should be possible to extract a greater amount of power by increasing the secondary turns, it will mess up the normal relationship between voltage and amperage in the primary and secondary of the transformer.
                                Great progress Tswift.

Wistiti you need to hurry up
                                Put the multiplier in oil or parrafin wax. Limit the current on the multiplier. I have blown the diodes on my 6 stage multiplier @ 60kV because i did not know. Two times

Did the last test without cap on the secondary and with more turns. Used a 220v bulb.
                                Last edited by Mwtj; 01-27-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X