Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
    What wire size did I originally specify for the antenna and what size did you all use?
    Yes, I admit I goofed because I didn't understand. I did try but it's so fragile that it's hard to work with, however we won't get the results with bigger wire. There's no way I can get a 500 foot long single strand erected in one piece, so that means either zigzagging it back and forth in a grid or a coil or something.

Comment

• 2 cm spark is somehow around 60kv (depending on humidity) should be good enough for me(I should have placed my order a month ago) everytime I make one myself after 1 use few minutes later, It will spark and short itself on nearby coils its really hard to overlap coils together ..

On Voltage Multiplier Circuit, from my experience you need to have your diodes and capacitor twice the voltage rating that your supply, and also your capacitance to be fairly high (100nf above) if you have lower, you have to have them very close together or the High Voltage will wither away back to ambient. (this is actually my biggest problem to create a very high voltage power supply that can be used Unloaded and still not break through the Insulation)

How about the conventional spark excited Original Tesla coil?, it would be better then slayer exciter, but Its also hard to control the voltage, based on my experience.

This project is so interesting its dragging me away from my current .
      Last edited by ricards; 01-26-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricards View Post
        How about the conventional spark excited Original Tesla coil?, it would be better then slayer exciter, but Its also hard to control the voltage, based on my experience.
        Interesting idea, but by the time you acquire or fabricate rectifiers capable of taking the full coil voltage I don't think you'd really come out ahead. At least with the multiplier design the diodes only have to be rated for each stage voltage, not the full stack.

One idea I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned is the possibility of using a static machine. Let's see, if you had a Wimshurst generator for high voltage DC, you could put two Leyden jars on it with spark gaps and coils and basically have Bruce's mirrored arrangement with no rectifiers whatsoever. Hmm, remind me again what the famous/infamous Testatika machine looks like?

Comment

• Does anyone remember what gauge Serendipitor used?

Who got the best results yet?

Who used the thinnest wire?

Comment

• I'm not saying this has a huge relevance but go on google and type "electric fly swatter"

Click on images.

Comment

I'm not saying this has a huge relevance but go on google and type "electric fly swatter"

Click on images.
              huge fly swatter
              Attached Files

Comment

• Cockroft-Walton and Villard Cascade High Voltage Multiplier Tips

Google "voltage multiplier paraffin wax"

Some gold out there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mwtj View Post
                  huge fly swatter
                  For anyone that doesn't know that picture is taken from the external view of One of Moray's later labs!

Comment

• I'll find the link a bit later but what shape was the top of the missing part of the pyramids?

Tesla writes he found the solution in the book of Revelations.

It has something to do with the ark of the covenant.

I will invite the person here that told me this and get them to expand on Revelations and Exodus.
                    Last edited by soundiceuk; 01-26-2017, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
                      Interesting idea, but by the time you acquire or fabricate rectifiers capable of taking the full coil voltage I don't think you'd really come out ahead. At least with the multiplier design the diodes only have to be rated for each stage voltage, not the full stack.

One idea I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned is the possibility of using a static machine. Let's see, if you had a Wimshurst generator for high voltage DC, you could put two Leyden jars on it with spark gaps and coils and basically have Bruce's mirrored arrangement with no rectifiers whatsoever. Hmm, remind me again what the famous/infamous Testatika machine looks like?
                      Interesting, what about using very high KV Tesla coil as HVM?

Comment

Interesting, what about using very high KV Tesla coil as HVM?
                        Yes, I think it would work fine. The difficulty lies in rectifying it, you would need a large stack of high-speed diodes to reach whatever kilovolt rating the coil can put out. But if my understanding is correct it really doesn't matter what form of circuit generates the dipole. It just needs to be something capable of putting out tens of kilovolts to hundreds of kilovolts DC and a small output current for a modest power requirement. The PVM12 is only good for 10-20 watts, obviously a Tesla coil could deliver much more depending on what size coil you use. But the trick is to get maximum output power for minimum input power, and the role of the HVM is just to attract opposite charges from the environment so the power needs should be modest. If it's drawing a lot of power then something is wrong. Again, Bruce can correct me if I'm off base with my assumptions.

Comment

I'll find the link a bit later but what shape was the top of the missing part of the pyramids?

Tesla writes he found the solution in the book of Revelations.

It has something to do with the ark of the covenant.

I will invite the person here that told me this and get them to expand on Revelations and Exodus.

Need more explanation please........................

Comment

Tesla writes he found the solution in the book of Revelations. <SNIP> I will invite the person here that told me this and get them to expand on Revelations and Exodus.
                            Yes, I'm interested to hear more about this. I am more than passingly familiar with the Bible myself and I'm quite curious to hear what wisdom others have found in its pages. I hope your friend will join us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wistiti View Post

Need more explanation please........................
                              Hi wistiti,

"At this time I made a further careful study of the Bible, and discovered the key in Revelation. The first gratifying result was obtained in the spring of the succeeding year, when I reaching a tension of about 100,000,000 volts—one hundred million volts -- with my conical coil, which I figured was the voltage of a flash of lightening."

My Inventions - Chapter 5—The Influences That Shape Our Destiny

Its a good read.

I have read the whole revelations, and Interpreted differently. I also do not know what he means or what tesla found out. I'm also Interested to know.

Comment

• OK, I tested the device with antenna and ground running from 2x 12V batteries. The dipole voltage goes from about 26KV unloaded on the workbench to about 24KV loaded with antenna and ground. The ZVS current rises from around 800 mA unloaded to around 1.2A loaded. The PPV firing, which was just a few times per second at 12V input drive to the ZVS, is now much greater and sounds more or less continuous. I would speculate that my antenna characteristics are a reasonably good match at this voltage for this driver. Increasing ion current any more will drive up the input power requirement significantly and make it harder to loop. Just slightly loaded down, enough for good firing on the PPV's but not so much that the driver is dissipating a lot of power.

Video link:
                                http://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmVj354X...b4SzkfGijJYEJ8

Comment

Working...
                                X