No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow 367 pages is that a record ? - to good to be true ? I bloody well hope not there's a awful lot of effort and years here including a few posts of mine. I still think its there somewhere please keep plugging away guys ! In the mean time I wish you all Merry Christmas.
    Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post
      wow 367 pages is that a record ? - to good to be true ? I bloody well hope not there's a awful lot of effort and years here including a few posts of mine. I still think its there somewhere please keep plugging away guys ! In the mean time I wish you all Merry Christmas.
      Happy Holidays to you and yours Duncan,

367 pages ONLY? Aw, we are trying for Edison's light bulb trials record.... Look where that go him! Just jesting.

I enjoyed everything on this thread.I have a great respect and admiration for those who are still perservering in whatever project they are working on. Also the new contributors.

Personally, its my hobby.So to me it was time well spent.This forum expanded my mind like no other. I know I have not made a device that can run a 400w drill yet, but after all these years, I am just getting started...NOW I am understanding more aspects of these energy devices.

Time is the master. I think there are more exciting times ahead... All the best folks!

I am off to get a real cool glass of :

Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now. WOW!! Thanks for that reminder Duncan, I got a rush from that.
      Last edited by Gedfire; 12-23-2016, 02:49 PM. Reason: Added Duncan's Tag Line

Comment

• Comment

• OK, some progress to report. Now at least I have a spark, but it's minimal like serendipitor reported. If I squeeze down the gap to almost shorting out I can get maybe 2-3 sparks per second. It doesn't seem to make much difference how I tune the C2 capacitor but I used the function generator on the workbench to identify the correct position for 500 KHz, so mostly I just left it there.

There seems to be an error in the schematic, the HV diode should be the other way around so that the antenna is charged positive not negative. Dragon noticed the inconsistency and Mwtj also noticed this by reading the text closely and built his device to match the text not the schematic. I flipped the diode and now I have spark, as mentioned above. So far not enough juice to light anything up, but I have several other things to try also.

Comment

• I left a charged set of capacitors laying out near a marker. went to reach for the marker and apparently got close enough to discharge them through my bare hand. highly not recommended. going to be more careful about discharging capacitors before touching any part of this circuit!

Thank you Gedfire for the detailed post, now I see the bridge rectifier under that plate coming from the plasma ball. going to tinker some more with that circuit and see if I cant make it do something impressive.

Comment

• technical help request :

i am asking active members here about a way to generate high reactive current by mean of resonance or any suitable way , high voltage discharge using a capacitor and coil across spark gap still generate low electric current , the electric current i need in order of 100 A or more , any suggestions ?

thanks in advance

Comment

• To generate high currents in a circuit (at least very briefly) shouldn't be hard to do. A high voltage discharge from a cap or cap bank will do it but you must minimize resistance and inductance in the circuit. Short wires, thick wires, and no inductors. With large enough caps you can generate pulses of 10,000A, but your caps had better be pulse-rated and able to handle it or you will destroy them. For moderate voltages you can use "photoflash" caps, which are polarized electrolytics with voltage ratings of usually 200-300V range. They are built with low internal resistance and inductance for fast discharge.

WARNING: large caps charged to high voltages store HIGH ENERGY. Making mistakes like tesluh's mishap can be FATAL. The radiant energy circuits we're working on are charged to high voltages but have tiny nanofarad range capacitances and minimal stored energy. Zapping yourself on one of these will get your attention (as I know all too well from firsthand experience) but isn't really dangerous. Working around high energy pulse capacitors demands a whole different level of precautions.

For some examples of working circuits with high discharge currents google things like "can crusher" and "coilgun". The inductance in the circuit has to be LOW not high to achieve large discharge currents.

Comment

• Originally posted by med.3012 View Post
                  technical help request :

i am asking active members here about a way to generate high reactive current by mean of resonance or any suitable way , high voltage discharge using a capacitor and coil across spark gap still generate low electric current , the electric current i need in order of 100 A or more , any suggestions ?

thanks in advance
                  The current generated in a coil can be found using the formula V(C/L)^0.5 = amps. So if you wanted a 100 amp discharge you could use a coil with an inductance of 100uh and a 1 uf cap charged to 1000 volts. ( 1000 volts * ( 1uf / 100uh ) ^ 0.5 = 100 amps )

This type of discharge is reasonably dangerous ( local electronics and physical ). 90% of Voltage is converted to amperage so the end result would create an activity in the range of a 10,000 watt burst in the above case. The key here is to use a coil that has extremely low resistance and low inductance with a relatively large cap or cap bank.

You can research exploding wire ( vaporizing wire ), coil guns, EMP's or other devices that require huge current pulses.

Comment

• Thanks tswift, Thanks dragon, this is very helpful especially the equation , in fact i need a radio frequency train of pulse of high current in order to generate a high magnetic field with less power, the resonance is one solution but how much train of pulse i can generate in my circuit is the problem .. for example 20 KHZ frequency where the current in each pulse is high , the amount of power needed to do this can be very high in order of several KW !

a perfect resonance in high voltage environment is practically very difficult to achieve without sophisticated hardware ..

Comment

• Originally posted by tesluh View Post
                      I left a charged set of capacitors laying out near a marker. went to reach for the marker and apparently got close enough to discharge them through my bare hand. highly not recommended. going to be more careful about discharging capacitors before touching any part of this circuit!

Thank you Gedfire for the detailed post, now I see the bridge rectifier under that plate coming from the plasma ball. going to tinker some more with that circuit and see if I cant make it do something impressive.
                      You are welcome Tesluh, all the very best with your research.

Ah and yes I have handled capacitors at a very bad and dangerous time too.

Now its rubber or leather gloves and sometimes rubber water boots on 5 inches of newspaper with a chicken stick depending on what I am doing.

I plug out and discharge my caps at all times. A certain value resistor can be soldered across the terminals to give a slow bleedout of energy over a certain time.Some caps have built in resisitors .Someone else could help you on that or google how to choose a resistor for caps of certain capacity.

I take nothing as granted with caps or electricity related devices these days.Be careful.

Ged

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
                        It would appear by the above diagram that the connection of C1 (-) through L1 would make the plate on C2 connection to L1 positive. The C2 plate connected on the PPV side would then become negative. Since the PPV is directional it cannot discharge C2. Possibly reversing PPV1 would solve this which brings into question the polarity on the antenna line... seems like a bit of conflict there...

Moving C2 in line with the antenna where PPV1 is currently located and PPV1 in place of C2 - remove C1 completely and only add the neg HV line from the HVM on the ground side of C2. This would bring it back to a basic Tesla radiant system with the HVM enhanced ground.

Just an observation...
                        This will work but here is a better circuit!

Merry Christmas!

Without the mirror circuit at least half of the energy spills and goes back into the great void!

Comment

• A little help for anyone who is building or considering building.

For initial tuning a high efficiency LED can be used.

You can then follow with a 1w, 5w, 10w auto bulb.

Get a blue LED and do initial tuning in the dark.

This will also allow you to spot HV leakages.

Use appropriate HV wire and insulators to prevent leakages.

The key for the new mirror circuit will follow.

Comment

• Here is a solution to the antenna length that may have been putting off many replicators.

It is the antenna layout of Mwtj's grid antenna.

0.5mm bare copper wire.

This should make things easier for those with limited space.

At this stage I wouldn't recommend replicating if you are lower than 300ft above sea level.
                            Last edited by soundiceuk; 12-28-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Hey Tswift here is a question for you.

Have you done this yet?

Comment

• Hmmm, the PVM12 unit I have has two separate "ground" leads, one for the control logic and one at the base of the HV transformer. So it should already be isolated but I haven't verified that it actually is, there could be an internal jumper wire or something. I know this is important, a while back in the thread I mentioned to Tesluh how certain inverters had the output isolated but most had a common ground and this would not work. That little 140W Radio Shack inverter Don used on many of his projects was isolated, I know because I have one I bought years ago. It barely works any more but it's the exact same model and I tested it. I will double check the PVM12 to make sure it's isolated.

Comment

Working...
                                X