Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
    I used a ferrite rod in the resonant coil. I did it about half size lenght of the bifilar coil but I wounded it 320T cw and 320T ccw
    Hi guruji!

try using ferrite rings instead of ferrite rod.

dunfasto

Comment

• Re-edited

Originally posted by dunfasto View Post
      for utopia and all

hi utopia! do see this attached image. its re-edited again as copper tube earthing wire was not depicted in the previous upload.
      dunfasto
      Thank you Dunfasto I am Happy
      Thanks for re-editing

I have one question, you mention: L1 the red Coil in the re-edited version being Caduceus .. do you mean the same way as in your : Don Smith by Dunfasto Energetic Forum version .. where L2 green coil is : resistive Bifilar/Caduceus wound ( twin wire soldered together at the end ).
      I really want to understand the caduceus cw+ccw or resistive bifilar way of winding coils ..

This weekend I will have more time and we have a lot of parts now.

I am a very positive person .
      Utopia

test

Comment

• Originally posted by Utopia Now View Post
        Thank you Dunfasto I am Happy
        Thanks for re-editing

I have one question, you mention: L1 the red Coil in the re-edited version being Caduceus .. do you mean the same way as in your : Don Smith by Dunfasto Energetic Forum version .. where L2 green coil is : resistive Bifilar/Caduceus wound ( twin wire soldered together at the end ).
        I really want to understand the caduceus cw+ccw or resistive bifilar way of winding coils ..

This weekend I will have more time and we have a lot of parts now.

I am a very positive person .
        Utopia

test
        hi utopia!

wind the coil as you would normally do. wind clockwise from left to right--->
        make every second turn overlap first turn so you have two notches of overlap 180 degrees apart like this <o> wher 0 is coil bobbin and < , > are notches formed by overlapping coil. so you will have one terminal of coil at left and another one at right when you finish coiling. this coil is caduceus but wound differently. this is resistive coil.
        at first notches wont appear 180 degrees apart but dont worry keep winding and when you finished the winding entire bobbin then adjust notches manually.

see image

dunfasto
        Attached Files

Comment

• Caduceus coil winding

Originally posted by dunfasto View Post
          hi utopia!

wind the coil as you would normally do. wind clockwise from left to right--->
          make every second turn overlap first turn so you have two notches of overlap 180 degrees apart like this <o> wher 0 is coil bobbin and < , > are notches formed by overlapping coil. so you will have one terminal of coil at left and another one at right when you finish coiling. this coil is caduceus but wound differently. this is resistive coil.
          at first notches wont appear 180 degrees apart but dont worry keep winding and when you finished the winding entire bobbin then adjust notches manually.

see image

dunfasto
          Wow Dunfasto I`ve seen the Caduceus pictures many times on the internet and never wound it the way you discribed it .. like first 1 layer .. and then ..... now i done ( wound ) it my self and it works the way you discribe it ... .. I feel a bit stupid .. but in this proces there are many New things ... and i notice the more testing etc, real coiling and working with the HV unit .. I do the better ..

To be continued
          Utopia
          Last edited by Utopia Now; 08-30-2013, 08:22 AM. Reason: better explaining

Comment

• Originally posted by Utopia Now View Post
            Wow Dunfasto I`ve seen the Caduceus pictures many times on the internet and never wound it the way you discribed it .. like first 1 layer .. and then ..... now i done ( wound ) it my self and it works the way you discribe it ... .. I feel a bit stupid .. but in this proces there are many New things ... and i notice the more testing etc, real coiling and working with the HV unit .. I do the better ..

To be continued
            Utopia
            hi utopia!

see this image also to clarify any doubts

dunfasto
            Attached Files

Comment

• CosmoLV Amplifying Coil - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Waves View Post
                hi waves!

the video shows the method of winding in good way. but notches are on one side only.

where as the notches must appear on both sides 180 degrees apart. and a single wire must be used.

if one want to make two layered caduceus coil then first wind single layered caduceus from left to right then cover first layer with paper hard enough to bear the second wind. the second wind must start from the place where one started winding first layer. and notches of first layer must coinside with the second layer.

only single wire must be used.

dunfasto

Comment

• Originally posted by dunfasto View Post
                  Hi guruji!

try using ferrite rings instead of ferrite rod.

dunfasto
                  Ok today I winded the coils on bigger pipes. Regarding the 10 by 10 winding to flyback was not giving a good spark so I did 12 by 12 again.
                  Even the 1k resistors have made a very weak spark.
                  Ferrite rings I am going to use a 2cm by 1cm rings.
                  Thanks

Comment

Ok today I winded the coils on bigger pipes. Regarding the 10 by 10 winding to flyback was not giving a good spark so I did 12 by 12 again.
                    Even the 1k resistors have made a very weak spark.
                    Ferrite rings I am going to use a 2cm by 1cm rings.
                    Thanks
                    Hi guruji!

wind caduceus coil either on ferrite rod or ferrite rings in your chubinidze alias srd2 core(that is coil inside the alluminium tube) and try moving your sparkgap primary coil(thick wire) left and right to adjust tunning.

dunfasto

Comment

Hi guruji!

wind caduceus coil either on ferrite rod or ferrite rings in your chubinidze alias srd2 core(that is coil inside the alluminium tube) and try moving your sparkgap primary coil(thick wire) left and right to adjust tunning.

dunfasto
                      Now Caduceus coil! On schematic it does show caduceus coil.
                      Did you do this circuit or you're experimenting by me???!!!

Comment

Now Caduceus coil! On schematic it does show caduceus coil.
                        Did you do this circuit or you're experimenting by me???!!!
                        hi Guruji!

cw and ccw coil and caduceus coil have different properties.

cw and ccw have just one polarizing vector field where as caduceus has multiple according to the number of notches in caduceus coil.

i have done my experiments and and am not learning by your experiments. i thought you needed some guidance so thats why i advised you.

to follow or not to follow my advice is at your own will.

good luck in your experiments.

dunfasto

Comment

• Hi Dunfasto,

My I ask few questions, you mentioned that the frequency between the HV coil and modulation coil should be in resonance. The frequency of the HV coil is given from the coil configuration and type of ferrite rings. Also the size of the HV source and the cap determine the frequency.
                          Can you give us an idea about the required spark frequency and HV coil frequency to get with the 50Hz modulation in best resonance? How much Watt should be used for the HV part. I mean, the flyback coil from FA seems to be a bigger model. Would be a normal type enough too?

Thanks for your help
                          arabell

Comment

hi Guruji!

cw and ccw coil and caduceus coil have different properties.

cw and ccw have just one polarizing vector field where as caduceus has multiple according to the number of notches in caduceus coil.

i have done my experiments and and am not learning by your experiments. i thought you needed some guidance so thats why i advised you.

to follow or not to follow my advice is at your own will.

good luck in your experiments.

dunfasto
                            You said you had done yours then why don't you post a vid so that we can replicate exactly as yours.
                            I need guidance but from an experienced teacher for sure.
                            Thanks for giving me luck for my experiments.
                            Another thing regarding caduceus coil zilano used to say that it emits dangerous radiation.

Comment

• Star4

Hallo Dunfasto,
                              I been trying to get resonance between de HV Module running at about 42 khz and the L1 red coil of the re-eddited schematic (schematic 4 in this DonZ Device doc.)

I put about 94 nf capacitance after the HV module to get the L1 coil resonating also at 42 kHz (there are ferrite rings inside ( actually N30 type because i don`t have the 3c90 yet))

I put it on youtube .. only the L1 yet .. but I have to start somewhere

I see that there are different signals on the scope (as i hoped for ... there is also a signal from about 3,2Mhz .. but that has a very low voltage .. the voltage over the sparkgap is about 1,4 kV .. I can adjust that.

The L1 coil has 52 windings Caduceus. I think i want to make it longer , more windings because it is rather short ..

I am open for all kind of tips .
                              And meanwhile I wil start winding the other coils.

Thanks allready for you help and inspiration
                              Utopia

Comment

• Star4 simple coils

Hallo Dunfasto,
                                On the schematic 4 in this DonZ Device doc you say: the other coils can be simple.

Can the green 50 Hz modulation coil be 38 windings , being 19 cw and 19 ccw on top of them or more or less windings , or 19 cw and then going back to the beginning and an other 19 cw on top of the first layer.

And can the blue output coil be 48 windings, being 17 cw and 16 ccw on top of them and an other 15 cw on top of the second layer.

I am open for all kind of suggestions and i am getting enthousiast about it all

I also did run the HV module at 50 kHz ( at 42 kHz i had a ferrite rod inside the HV coil and at 50 kHz i took it out and changed the capacitance for C1
                                At 50 kHz i had a bit better resonance between the HV coil from the HV module and the red L1 coil .. i think. Here the video. Star4 a2

At a certain moment there was only a tiny spark ... well .. not realy sparking but there was something light in the spark gap.

Maybe i am totaly on the wrong track and should do it different .. maybe i should try to spark with more power, running the HV module on 25 volt 2 amps instead of 12 volt lesser amperage.

The L1 red coil i wanted to make longer (now it is 11cm), it is wound on a ø50mm pvc pipe.
                                I have the idea that the lenght and ø of the L1 coil should have a certain relation to each other. ( I think Fabrice` L1 coil is 14cm à 15cm long on ø50mm pipe ). What do you think Dunfasto ...

Grateful and happy as allways,
                                Utopia

Comment

Working...
                                X