No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most of the folks here struggling with resonance should just build a small pair
    of Tesla coils and experiment with those to get a handle on resonance.

Basically in my opinion there are two ways to do it, wind the coils a bit long
    and tune the length of the coils or just wind the coils to be what sounds reasonable
    then tune them with capacitors. Unless a capcitorless tune is wanted then I
    don't see why the big fuss, if tuning with capacitors anyway, you just don't
    want to use 400 nF to tune three turns to a reasonable frequency, the lower
    the capacitance on the L2 the better.

The L1 will always need capacitance because it is much less inductance and
    helps to be tuned to the same frequency as the secondary.

Lets say you wind an L2 to be 14 uH and a L1 to be 1 uH then if 47 nF is
    added to the L2 it will have a resonant frequency of 196.2 Khz, so to match
    that the L1 needs to have 655 nF. But in practice when the coils are put
    together and a ground connection is made things change a bit as pointed out
    by Gyula, this is well known.

They call this stuff tuned circuits for a reason, they must be tuned to the
    desired frequency and to the resonance effect desired.

Tesla explains all of this many times and what Tesla says does not jive with what Don Smith says.

Once one learns how to achieve resonance, what is required and what must
    be done, then it's just a matter of routine.

Get a Function generator and an oscilloscope rated for the frequencies you
    want to use, with that a person can tune a setup to very close to frequency
    they want with resonance on both L1 and L2, resonance on L1 is not
    absolutely necessary but it helps in my opinion to improve output a lot, any
    increase in amplitude on the primary will be multiplied by the secondary, but
    that is just amplitude not energy.

Not one person has convincingly shown more energy out than in with a Don Smith setup.

A word of warning, using this kind of circuit produces various problems for
    other electronic equipment in close proximity, Tesla coils do that, a powerful
    Tesla coil can render sofisticated electronic equipment totally useless or even
    dangerous.

I'm not a radio ham but I can build and tune any transformer to resonance
    within the frequency limitations of my equipment. It actually very simple once
    the hard yards are done. But no one can do the hard yards for anyone else.
    To build and use resonant devices you must understand resonance in a
    practical way. Not so much in a books way. Just cutting some wires to a
    certain length will never work unless by blind luck or very clear instructions
    are given and followed to the letter.

Cheers
    Last edited by Farmhand; 07-09-2013, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
      Hello @ ALL,

Clarence here,

awhile back after seeing much to do about dons coil build (though engaged in another of his builds) I decided to see how difficult it would be!

It isn't!

after I looked at past photos of his board build as he showed it and knowing he used a Barker & Williams 3" coil with a 32uH total, and that each coil half had 17 turns, just using my eyeballs I could tell that each coil half would have approx 12 uH value. so I bought a coil and got with it.

I divided the coil into its two half 17 turn segments and set to work with my LCR meter. Lo and behold at first rough measure the top right coil measured around 12.6 uH! then I measured the bot left coil half and it measured about 12.9 uH! So I said to self, self I need to shorten the excess wire length of each coil half leads to a decent length as DON did, and at the same time balance the inductance values of both halves so that they matched, that I did! (I found that the left half coil lead length - at the left end of the coil had to be slightly longer than the two center tap leads and the top end lead. Oh well!. the attached photo shows the wiggly remedy! nothing serious)

I then turned my attention to the inner L1 coil. to make a simple short story short it needed 5.375 turns on a ....2" OD TUBE!!!! the 2" OD tube I used was some clear acrylic tube I had from building other transformers. NOW FOR THE AMAZING PART!!! .......This acrylic tube goes INSIDE - INSIDE - INSIDE the2" ID white PVC pipe everbody is familiar with! and lo and behold the RED multistranded L1 wire turns come out almost level with the OD of the white PVC pipe. Hoorayy!

Now for the rest of this exciting story. BTW the 3" coil is a # 10 awg and the RED stranded L1 wire is # 10 awg. When using DONs given Cap values for the L2 top half coil with its inductance value I Set for it at 12.5 uH the .047 uF sets a resonance value of 207 + KHZ. All of you are familiar with the long RED tails of wire coming out of DONs white PVC pipe ( not by accident and I had already guessed why) and when you make each one of those tails an added length of 3 ' either side of the 5.375 turns length you come out with an inductance value of......2.95 uH. use that with DONs stated .2 uF value and you get.....207 + KHZ!!!!!!

Now just add ZILANOs HVHF flyback driver as your power module and you are in business!!!!!!!!!!!

as always, mike onward!
      But Clarence you wound the L2's opposite turn direction, when Don clearly
      shows in pictures that the two sides of L2 are made from one coil, and so are
      both the same turn direction in his photo's.

Can you show a photo of Dons actual coils where the L2 sides are wound different directions ?

Can you show us the picture you modeled your build on ?

Cheers

Comment

• I didnt wind ANY coils.....?????

Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
        But Clarence you wound the L2's opposite turn direction, when Don clearly
        shows in pictures that the two sides of L2 are made from one coil, and so are
        both the same turn direction in his photo's.

Can you show a photo of Dons actual coils where the L2 sides are wound different directions ?

Can you show us the picture you modeled your build on ?

Cheers
        Hello Farmhand,

Clarence,

I don't know where you get the idea that I wound any coils at all!!!!! I definitely stated that I used a Barker and Williams coil 3" # 10 awg and that I simply unwound the excess center turns!!!!! all of the turns are wound in the same way!!!! The picture I modeled my build on is the same DON SMITH PHOTO BUILD I HAVE POSTED MANY TIMES.I have reattached it again!!!

as always, mike onward!
        Last edited by clarence; 07-12-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• one to for ratio

Hey Clarence; did you have used that one to for ratio between L1 and L2?
          ( in weight of cooper and length?) With that red tails added ( how you calculate that length surpluses of tails?) the one to for ratio will not change?

Do you remember stoker_x1 posts about his coil...
          http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-true-172.html post #5147

Comment

• 1 : 4 ratio

Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
            Hey Clarence; did you have used that one to for ratio between L1 and L2?
            ( in weight of cooper and length?) With that red tails added ( how you calculate that length surpluses of tails?) the one to for ratio will not change?

Do you remember stoker_x1 posts about his coil...
            http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-true-172.html post #5147
            hello sinergicus,

Clarence,

yes you are correct in belief of 1/4 ratio as DON taught. However in this type of build Don made it actually amounted to a bifilar coil situation so you are only dealing voltage and coil length wise with a half coil entity as I call it.
            so instead of getting involved in brain dead minute micro measurements as the world likes to do, I just kept it simple as Don liked to do.

putting it SIMPLE take the 3" diameter of the barker and Williams coil and multiply by 3.1459 (pi) and you get 9.42477. multiply that by the 17 turns in the half coil and you get 160.22109. keep it simple and say 160 inches! go ahead and divide by 4 and you get 40 inches which is the length of the L1 coil wire EXCLUDING the red tails lengths, these only come into play for the total amount of inductance to resonate L1 with L2.

now take the pvc pipe diameter of 2.375 " and multiply by 3.1459 (pi) and you get 7.4612762. divide that into the 40 inches of L1 wire length EXCLUDING the red tails again and you get 5.361 turns so just say 5.375 turns and keep it simple again. .375 is simply 3/8 of something.

If you just feel like you have to bog your cheeks down with wire size and weights - knock your self out! youll still be playing this time next year. I would advise using dons effective approach to everything, knowledge based simplicity!

I do sincerely hope I have helped as that is always my intention.
            happy building!

as always, mike, onward!

Comment

• Time To Build Coke Machine Mod

Here is preview of one of a series of experiments.Just need to turn the juice on for this one.

1st up the Japanese Coke Machine Mod 110vac at 12vac 50 hz. to diode bridge 50 amps.2 F 16vdc car audio cap back to 750 watt inverter.(yeah, no NST with ferrite core, 30,000hz,2000v to 4000v and SCR based inverter.But more to come.)

Will it work?

stayed tuned...
              Attached Files

Comment

hello sinergicus,

Clarence,

yes you are correct in belief of 1/4 ratio as DON taught. However in this type of build Don made it actually amounted to a bifilar coil situation so you are only dealing voltage and coil length wise with a half coil entity as I call it.
                so instead of getting involved in brain dead minute micro measurements as the world likes to do, I just kept it simple as Don liked to do.

putting it SIMPLE take the 3" diameter of the barker and Williams coil and multiply by 3.1459 (pi) and you get 9.42477. multiply that by the 17 turns in the half coil and you get 160.22109. keep it simple and say 160 inches! go ahead and divide by 4 and you get 40 inches which is the length of the L1 coil wire EXCLUDING the red tails lengths, these only come into play for the total amount of inductance to resonate L1 with L2.

now take the pvc pipe diameter of 2.375 " and multiply by 3.1459 (pi) and you get 7.4612762. divide that into the 40 inches of L1 wire length EXCLUDING the red tails again and you get 5.361 turns so just say 5.375 turns and keep it simple again. .375 is simply 3/8 of something.

If you just feel like you have to bog your cheeks down with wire size and weights - knock your self out! youll still be playing this time next year. I would advise using dons effective approach to everything, knowledge based simplicity!

I do sincerely hope I have helped as that is always my intention.
                happy building!

as always, mike, onward!

Thank you for clarify this...
                I have few more questions:

1.What type of capacitors bank Don used at the output ( from where can be buy them in Europe or elsewhere ?)

2.Microwave oven capacitor can be used instead of don type caps?

I am wondering if is possible to step down the high voltage from output of don smith secondary and using common low voltage electrolytic capacitors high microfarad type ,more easy to find and less expensive...

Comment

• capacitor and stepdown info

Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
                  Thank you for clarify this...
                  I have few more questions:

1.What type of capacitors bank Don used at the output ( from where can be buy them in Europe or elsewhere ?)

2.Microwave oven capacitor can be used instead of don type caps?

I am wondering if is possible to step down the high voltage from output of don smith secondary and using common low voltage electrolytic capacitors high microfarad type ,more easy to find and less expensive...
                  Hello sinergicus,

Clarence,

Cornell Dubilier Capacitors has a cap #SCRN256R-F that is 10 uF @ 2000v that should work and they have international distributors. also Information Unlimited.com has a 30 uF 4500v cap also. but both are EXPENSIVE.

I don't believe a microwave capacitor will work because it is only work rated for 50/60HZ and DONs circuit only works at 30-60KHZ (I should say works BEST - before all the mumble freaks get a tit over their left shoulder).

To answer your wondering question - I myself am just planning on going direct to my 25KV residential composite core transformer I have had for awhile now. and so that it will handle the input and give a 60HZ output I will use a filtering capacitor across the input leads of this transformer to accomplish that just like the attached DON schematic thumbnail shows. that mysterious " R " actually should stand for REACTANCE and not just a resistor per say. that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it - as it is jokingly stated.

hope some of this helps,

as always, mike onward!
                  Last edited by clarence; 07-31-2014, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• One Of DONs board Build Mysterys no one has dealt with

Hello @ All,

Clarence here,

a good - good while back I had solved one of DONs board build mysteries that no one has brought up to my knowledge. It had been in my face for a while so I decided to solve it!

What is that mystery you say?

well any one who has actually tried to replicate dons board build EXACTLY as he did would have encountered this problem that I am going to state! say that you actually did construct the L2 coil exactly like he did with a 3" Barker and Williams # 10 awg 4 turns to the inch type coil. your next move would have been to build the L1 coil on the 2" PVC pipe just as DON did. say that you figured out how many turns his "jumbo speaker red wire" as he called it would be needed and you wound it up just as DON showed it. all seems good to this point! now you decide its time to insert it in the 3" L2 coil and you lay hands on it and go for it. WWWHHHOOOPPPSSS! (problem just showed up!!!!!!). the L2 coil with its three 2" PVC pipe sleeves and the red wire on it wont fit inside the 3" Barker & Williams coil!!!!!!!!

What do you mean it wont fit? you say - DON definitely shows it fitting inside on several different photos of this device in many places. just what is the problem you say over and over again. Its about this time every body gets p..... off big time!!!

My self when it happened to me I didn't get P/O I simply reverted to my analytical mind coupled with very effective eyesight and started studying each and everyone of the photos at great lengths of time because I knew DON either did something or had someone else do something for him to make his system work! He has always impressed me as that type of person! failure was not an option for him.

Lo and behold I saw the answer CLEARLY in one of the better photos I just previously attached in a recent post. I have attached it again and you can look closely your self. you will notice the clear polycarbonate rods Barker & Williams uses are NOT ROUND on the bottoms of the insides any more!!!!! now they are FLAT! and they also show that some of what was the rounded area of the rods has been either removed by some process or heat flattened to allow the needed room for the L2 coil tube and wire to slide through easily!!!!! End of mystery!

when I made my build I used an alternate simple method by winding the necessary wire length for L2 on a 2" OD clear acrylic tube piece with about 3 " of excess tube length either side the wire winding and then just slipped this entity into the 2" ID of two segments of the white PVC pipe and it all slid back and forth like a breeze inside the round rods of the L2 coil!!

Just a tid bit to actual replicators to cheer up a rather dismal thread at this point.

as always, mike onward!
                    Last edited by clarence; 08-16-2013, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• angry...

and here !
                      There could be a lot of educated people here who are gettin the drift of this device and
                      a lot of mostly young uneducated folk who never will understand.

- when you get closer the shill stablehand will appear ! [keep that in mind])
                      - Like Tesla, D. Smith was also a hinter. Q: where did the zpe enter the circuit ?
                      - What did D Smith say at the board model about the capacitors ??
                      - I'm not somebody who repeats himself..

Ask good questions !! Like did the D Smith boardmodel work ? Answer: No!
                      according to [...} it was just a board model ! There. Another hint. Fill in the gaps.

Gedfire..? About remark 3 please.? You've seen the vids.

Comment

Clarence,

that mysterious " R " actually should stand for REACTANCE and not just a resistor per say. that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it - as it is jokingly stated.

hope some of this helps,

as always, mike onward!
                        Hi there Clarence.
                        The mysterious "R" is desperately needed in that circuit if you inted to really take off of the device our "precious hot electricity" aka modify the frequency
                        of the output signal to household type consumer devices :wash nachines, fridges, air conditioners etc....

Originally posted by Hobby Eon View Post
                        - Like Tesla, D. Smith was also a hinter. Q: where did the zpe enter the circuit ?
                        Who knows ? Maybe from the Ground + aggitated ambient background, or should I say "shaked aether" as Kapanadze said (?)

- What did D Smith say at the board model about the capacitors ??
                        Could you please tell us what he said, so we (who have seen the vids) save ourselves some time and experiment it instead of watching the vids from the start over ?

did the D Smith boardmodel work ? Answer: No!
                        according to [...} it was just a board model ! There. Another hint. Fill in the gaps.
                        Good questions ?
                        Well, I don`t know what you consider "good questions"
                        However here I have some questions..

1.Wasn`t the board model the working one device demonstrated at the
                        Radiant Energy Device 1996 Tesla Symposium ?

2.Can you show us which schematic is the best to start from in attempt to replicate Don`s Devices ?

3.What are the key elements in a Don Smith Tesla-type radiant energy device ?

4.Was the coke-machine powering device also just a "board-model" ?

5.What are output caracteristics of the "Globe" device for whom Don had given "instructions" to build one ?
                        5.1 Are there any diodes used in the "Globe" device used ?

Well I guess these questions are enough to start with.
                        cheers.
                        << BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

Hello @ All,
                          My self when it happened to me I didn't get P/O I simply reverted to my analytical mind coupled with very effective eyesight and started studying each and everyone of the photos at great lengths of time because I knew DON either did something or had someone else do something for him to make his system work! He has always impressed me as that type of person! failure was not an option for him.
                          So you might think then why Don used so extensively nickel wire (which is quite close to iron for magnetic properties) and why he was repeating words "magnetic resonance" over and over again... Perhaps he just missed word "Nuclear" in that? Which could end up as NMR process for secondary energy input source so the question could be explained where is energy coming from - from there right on the wire...

Cheers!
                          Last edited by T-1000; 07-12-2013, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Hello sinergicus,

Clarence,

Cornell Dubilier Capacitors has a cap #SCRN256R-F that is 10 uF @ 2000v that should work and they have international distributors. also Information Unlimited.com has a 30 uF 4500v cap also. but both are EXPENSIVE.

I don't believe a microwave capacitor will work because it is only work rated for 50/60HZ and DONs circuit only works at 30-60KHZ (I should say works BEST - before all the mumble freaks get a tit over their left shoulder).

To answer your wondering question - I myself am just planning on going direct to my 25KV residential composite core transformer I have had for awhile now. and so that it will handle the input and give a 60HZ output I will use a filtering capacitor across the input leads of this transformer to accomplish that just like the attached DON schematic thumbnail shows. that mysterious " R " actually should stand for REACTANCE and not just a resistor per say. that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it - as it is jokingly stated.

hope some of this helps,

as always, mike onward!
                            The picture you posted bring in my memory the suggested design made by Zilano ....80 turns transformer and 5 + 5 turns in secondary for stepping down the voltage...In the picture I see another transformer noted with red collor A and B (primary and secondary) ...is not clear for me for what is necessary this? Don,t we already stepped down in the first section? (80 turns primary and 5+5 secondary )

Another unclarity is what gauge of wire is used in the 80 turn coil?Can you please give me a clue how to choose it?

Comment

• Hi T-1000, are you saying the nickel wire is the missing link in Don Smith's / Kapanadze's devices?

If so, should it be in the secondary windings only?

Just googled "nickel NMR" and found:

Product Notifications

Interesting that the two words are used in the medical field.

Best regards,

Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
                                Hi T-1000, are you saying the nickel wire is the missing link in Don Smith's / Kapanadze's devices?

If so, should it be in the secondary windings only?

Just googled "nickel NMR" and found:

Product Notifications

Interesting that the two words are used in the medical field.

Best regards,

Paul
                                HYDROGEN NICKEL COLD FUSION is somewhat related to this

Comment

Working...
                                X