Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
    hi janost. i'm thinkin you need a tickler coil. it might take a lot of turns, and a bit of trial and error, so it doesn't overvolt t1's e-b, but starts and runs reliably. usually if a pickup coil (near a coil being driven at audio freq.) can drive cheap lightweight headphones with a bit of volume there is enough signal to switch transistor blocker circuits. i don't know if wrapping the igntn. coil will do it or not, but happy winding.
    purple bits are starter variations for isolated tickler coil when running. or it might start and run ok or better with + to 3rd coil,try swapping connections,other to vr1.
    Yes, something like that.

Comment

• In this, as in most, Kapa replicas, the ground goes throught the core of the coil.

Why is that?
      Is it acting like a single turn?
      Or is it acting with the magnetic field of the core since it is the same direction?

Is the core a pipe that is acting like a shorted turn?

I'm planning on winding a coil like this on a ferrite with copper wires.
      Do I need the ground going through the core and in that case, will it be enough with a wire going or do I need a softiron core thats conducting?
      Attached Files

Comment

• I'm going to built the coil above and pulse it.
        Then take measurments with with my scope to see what is really going on.

My hope is to make this a better kind of JT that has COP>1.

Comment

• Question:

If you charge a Bifilar coil like the one in the picture with a battery between plus and minus,

What will the kickback pulse be like between Q and minus?

It is charged with only one of its windings and the kickback is coming from both the windings in series.

Will it improve or do you need to charge it with both windings in paralell and release it with the windings in series?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
            Yes, I agree.
            My 1.5 and 3v was just an example of COP2.

I have more than that to play with

But when people even dont know what COP is, its very difficult trying to make a point.

Like my heatpump.
            It requires 1.5kw electricity when running.

But its COP4 so go figure what that means
            that's cool, so your output is 200% and 400% of the input?
            if that is correct, it should be scalable,
            that would be Epic to see driving Halogen bulbs
            In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
            In the expert's mind there are few.
            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
              In this, as in most, Kapa replicas, the ground goes throught the core of the coil.

Why is that?
              Is it acting like a single turn?
              Or is it acting with the magnetic field of the core since it is the same direction?

Is the core a pipe that is acting like a shorted turn?

I'm planning on winding a coil like this on a ferrite with copper wires.
              Do I need the ground going through the core and in that case, will it be enough with a wire going or do I need a softiron core thats conducting?
              hehe, try both ways, thru core and not thru core
              In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
              In the expert's mind there are few.
              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                i agree, and next will be a super high freq rotary damped spark gap with multi series gap adjustability for higher voltages.
                from reading, Tesla said he had a firing rate of 5000-6000 /sec, and vibrational frequencies of 45kHz up thru 500-kHz, so I cant say which freq's are desired yet
                ... BUT ... SOMETHING made the Transmitter TAKE OFF in Colorado when just the right conditions were met, whether that is simply freq or power dependant I don't know, however... im guessing that all the power put into Tesla's device, did not account for it's performance ( Tesla speaking of tens of MILLIONS of Horsepower and Thousands of Kilowatts, of activity)
                yes Thousands of kilowatts (megawatts)
                For the non-Tesla readers, Tesla said things like "Activity" because he said it would produce the "appearance of electrical power" ... Not that it was normal power
                That is a minus point for you there. You didn't read http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ention-10.html
                The Smith, Grey and Kapanadze are all derivates of the basic Tesla invention.
                Don Smith tried to tell us something.

What is also dissapointing is that people haven't seen the Don Smith dvd ?? it could give you an important hint !
                Hence my question, who can show us the useful schematic ?

(if you don't know the alfabet, how will you ever understand how to write?)
                (mr. Boguslaw)

Comment

• simple magnetics.

If we make two electro-magnets bucking each other. And we feed it with an explosive current,
                  there must happen something odd in that bucking region. Maybe it can be immitated by rotating neodimium magnets.
                  B.t.w. magnets have work (energy) stored in them.
                  And about Bearden, he just made a derivate of the Flynn device, and that can't reach a c.o.p. above 4.
                  People here should be able to understand how this is done.<

Comment

• About 2years ago I built Richard Willis Magnacoster coil with a ferritecore, 2windings and 2 refridgerator magnets.

The magnets are facing each other N to N, one up against the ferritecore and one 10mm gapped on the other side.

I didnt have a scope back then so I pulsed it with a 1.5v battery and the other winding connected to 12v LED-bulb.

The LED flashed with just a 1.5v battery.
                    Ok, so I tossed it in the "good to have bin", i.e scrapbin.

I found it tonight when looking for something else an decided to hook the secondary to the scope and again pulsed the primary with a 1.5v batt.

The kickback is 90v and going positive.
                    So I turned the batt around and still the same 90v kickback.

But what the f***,
                    No matter which way I pulse it the kickback is always positive

This is really spooky.
                    The kickback should have been negative when I shifted polarity on the battery.

It doesnt matter if I put the scope on the primary and pulse the primary.
                    Both pulsed polaritys produce positive kickback pulses.

Normal coils reverse polarity when the magnetic field collapses.
                    This one only kicks back in one direction.

It has to be investigated
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by janost; 06-16-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                      D. Smith apparently solved that by placing N. Tesla receiver coil made of LC circuit on same solenoid where transmitter coil is so splitting into high potential and high current zones there then using it for load was OU effect..
                      Combine Tesla transmitter with receiver on the same coil form.

Is this the same idea you presented with the following pic on the other forum?
                      Thanks,
                      DonL
                      Attached Files
                      Don

Comment

• hi janost. sounds interesting. i'll get some neo's and i'll try air coils in the gap too,maybe mini pancakes.any preference for iron or ferrite. i could try both.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
                          hi janost. sounds interesting. i'll get some neo's and i'll try air coils in the gap too,maybe mini pancakes.any preference for iron or ferrite. i could try both.
                          I have used tiny refridgerator magnets.
                          I think that Neodymes are to strong and the field from the coil wont have any influence on the magnets.

And I used a 5mm ferriterod, 40mm long from an old PSU.
                          The wire is 0.5mm enameld copper, about 25-30 turns.

The battery gets hot but the coil does not.

I'll try and make another one with thinner wire and about 100turns.

But it sure is strange that the kickback is always the same polarity?
                          It is a very wide puls, about 1mS and 90volts.

What really happens when you start pulsing a magnetic field that is bent like in the image?
                          There will sure be currents opposing each other in coil?

Or a bemf always in the same direction because parts of the coil collapses in different directions?

Ok, I have glued them together.
                          Now its time to wind
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by janost; 06-13-2013, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Ok, I have epoxy glued two magnets, 15mm apart on a 10mm thick ferritecore.
                            The magnets are N to N so if you could make a magnetic photo, there is a vortex or wall in the middle.

So, you cant epoxy glue magnets?
                            What the **** do you glue them with?

So I have put it together.
                            I could only fit 54turns.

I pulsed the new coil.
                            Its the same.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by janost; 06-14-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• The wire used in my first coil was 1mm dia.

The thinnest wire I have is 0.5mm and that is what I'll use now.
                              Last edited by janost; 06-14-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• With counterwound coils in each end of a large coil, isnt that what Kapanadze is using?

A vortex in the middle?

Comment

Working...
                                X