Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less talk, more builds

Hi,

I have been reading all forums on kapanadze replication and don smithreplications. But what pisses me off is that there is ony talk, and not even 1 simple step by step of what peepz are building

Why dont peepz just keep it simple, and show more circuit drawings, and precise ways of winding coils including how many turns, clockwise or counter clockwise, more clear circuit drawings, note the caps values, resistor values, transistor values cause all i see are peepz talkin to much and building less.

All this talking can confuse other peepz trying to build, cause everytime i se a new coil or circuit

So in a simple question

Who has the best circuit drawing, and details on the coils ?
    And who has had proof success with the device?

Greets JB
    http://youtube.com/johnnblade

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnBlade View Post
      Hi,

I have been reading all forums on kapanadze replication and don smithreplications. But what pisses me off is that there is ony talk, and not even 1 simple step by step of what peepz are building

Why dont peepz just keep it simple, and show more circuit drawings, and precise ways of winding coils including how many turns, clockwise or counter clockwise, more clear circuit drawings, note the caps values, resistor values, transistor values cause all i see are peepz talkin to much and building less.

All this talking can confuse other peepz trying to build, cause everytime i se a new coil or circuit

So in a simple question

Greets JB
      Hi John, I agree 100%. My advice would be to use the original schematic from
      Don's own PDF's. However there are some issues with them which are not
      obvious to those who either have not tried them or are not experienced in HF electronics.

One example for the table top device I think you refer to, is the positioning of
      the spark gap and capacitor in the primary circuit. Some of the pictures
      supposedly of Don's device don't fit with the drawings and show connections
      which do not work well in any way of looking at it in my experience.

Things are up in the air so to speak because Don contradicts himself so much
      and seems to say things that make no sense and for which there is no proof.
      ie. the resistor divider correcting the voltage and a resistor changing the frequency thing.

The center tapped secondary (L2) is described by him as made from one long
      coil and is shown as such, which means it is all wound the same way, I can't
      say I have seen him show a (L2) coil that has one side wound the opposite
      wind direction.

If you ignore all the Patrick Kelly book variations and all the posted opinions
      and look at what Don says and shows, that would be a good starting point,
      that way you can skip all the accumulated muck and make your own assessments.

The attached drawing shows the spark gap so that it will work ok but the
      pictures I have seen of the actual device show a connection that is different
      and won't work well or at all.

There is no point to anyone making a step by step build instructional, because
      no one has a device that does what Don claimed.

Personally I'm inclined to say he pulled a good fake and it may have been for a
      multitude of reasons, maybe even just for his own fun.

Cheers
      Last edited by Farmhand; 11-23-2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Of Course!

Hi Clarence and Gedfire,

You are both very correct!! I was pretty sure that it was the schematic for the food cart toroid, but I could not figure out exactly where it came from. (It was in the wrong folder on my hard drive)

I thought that Don mentioned that the toroid was made from metglass??

Thanks for your replies!!
        Duane

Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
        I am curious as to the use of the SparkGap in this device.In this case does the Spark Gap also act as a voltage limiter?

Do you think the toroid has a gap?

My research on flyback design suggests the gap is very important.The core vibrates too and when energised may also induce a current into the windings using the energy pulsed and stored from L1.A double action if you ask me.In fact there are patents in PJK that uses ultrasonic vibes and magnetic fields to pulse ferrite and other such magnetostrictive material thus producing excess energy.Even Naudin's experiments confirm ferrite power.

I did see the schematic posted by Degger in the Don Smith Archives that Soundiceuk shared with me.

The toroidal shape is said to be the one of most efficient of transformer design.Add bifilar windings and the multiple windings you suggested and we may just have what are looking for.

Don's files did show rods with one L1 and multiple L2 windings from some undisclosed patent document.

Just some thoughts.

Ged
        Dude, you're curving my space-time.

Comment

• Cart Toroid Metglas Ferrite

Originally posted by deggers View Post
          Hi Clarence and Gedfire,

I thought that Don mentioned that the toroid was made from metglass??

Thanks for your replies!!
          Duane

You are welcome.
          Yes, Don did mention metglas.But there cheaper alternatives such as ferrite.His pdf did list some other core materials.

Ged

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnBlade View Post
            Hi,

So in a simple question

Greets JB
            yes there is much controversy over Don's stuff, but...

there are many similarities to what i believe to be "the real deal" the device of Kapanadze:
            High voltage, coils, grounding, tuning, precise timing/switching, etc...

it's clear to me that Don deliberately may have left out / hidden the other half, so it really is left to the individual experimenter.
            and like Don said when he was still sharp in 1996, that "the smart one's will figure it out".. (not that i am) but from looking to popular Tesla coil sites, (and namely Richard Hull's Magnifier)

it is clear how the spark should be inside the LC, how it should be configured, simplified coil tuning programs, etc...

here is some of my earlier work on Don Smith double helix (tesla pat 336,961)
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8jCYGhnfus

and this schematic is slightly different from the vid, but will surely work
            Imageshack - imagecgx.jpg

the thing is, although the light is fully lit, it is not completely obvious if my system is OU or just very efficient...

as we speak i am adding "extra coils" which Tesla described would produce "excessive EMF's" to the outer ends of the Smith board, as Eric Dollard did in one of his bipolar builds seen in a picture

i expect "excessive" results. Beyond the regular resonant rise
            In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
            In the expert's mind there are few.
            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
              here is what ive got now,

Eight 2.133mH coils, all checked and adjusted identically
              Eight 1nF 40kv ceramics
              should resonate at 108.96kHz (based on the way Eric and JLN were calculating)

i would use larger capacitance but i just had a bunch of these 1nF so im gonna use those.

this is as far as im gonna go tonite, or else i wont sleep at all
              Hi Mr Clean

I like this setup and i wonder how far you got with this it seams that you were distracted just after you posted this post.

I ran something simular on a simulator and the voltage just kept on climbing to over 13 KV then i connected about 10 200W 240V globes to it and got them running.

I would like to try to build it but need to no how you winded the coils the wire size, diameter of the ferrite rod and number of turns.

Thank you.
              And as always thanks to all for sharing
              Last edited by African; 05-30-2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Warning: my personal opinion below

I don't want to discourage all of you but think for a moment what you do. You are testing a possibly MONSTER schematic which as Don pointed at could output kVARs of power and smash you into pieces IF TUNED PROPERLY. Fortunately the chance to get all working is very small.
                I really admire all of you for all effords , I'm not brave enough to make it, but without solid theory how it could work it's very dangerous to start ground from that level of (possible) output power.

Look what Kapanadze did : first he found by accident a working device giving no more then 5kW of power then after probably many tries he was ready for 33kW *3 = 100kW test.

But maybe I underestimate your genius, so please forgive me.

Comment

• Tesla Resonance

Tesla never mentioned of Resonance between Condenser and Inductor,

Tesla only mentioned of the Harmonic Vibrations of the Inductor- Primary and Secondary.

Read and Analyze what he describes on the patent.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Read carefully

Originally posted by stupify12 View Post
                    Tesla never mentioned of Resonance between Condenser and Inductor,

Tesla only mentioned of the Harmonic Vibrations of the Inductor- Primary and Secondary.

Read and Analyze what he describes on the patent.
                    He states his intentions as improvements of his prior art = Resonant Tesla Coils

Line 11 to 19

"This invention is an improvement in apparatus for producing electrical currents of high frequency in accordance with the general plan heretofore invented and practiced by me and based upon the principle of charging a condenser or circuit possessing capacity and discharging the same through a circuit of low self-induction, so that rapid electrical oscillations are obtained."

Charging a Condenser = Capacitor
                    Circuit of low Self Inductance = Inductor
                    Rapid electrical oscillations = Resonance
                    Invented and practiced by me= Tesla Coil

Regards Arto

Comment

• Tesla's Opposite ideas,

Patent 568, 179

Line 11 to 23.
                      More like dropping atomic bomb in a nano second interval. Explosion - Implosion, Action- Reaction, Positive-Negative energy , not the fake decay resonance told by the classical book. Vibrations- what component does vibrate on tesla coil? The condenser/capacitor ehhh?

Tesla knows much what is electricity, more like a fluid-like particle,What happens if u discharge a HV of the cap to the Inductor in nano second interval. Just discharge the condenser, and charge it again by your Generator or any means of charging the cap.
                      Read carefully.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by stupify12; 05-31-2013, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• Tmt

hi all just up late winding coils, here is my work so far on the Magnifying Transmitter, looking good, 7.4vRms input, 8.85v across bulb (burns out LEDs, thought it broke lol then replaced LED and was BRIGHT again, whew)

anyway, dont worry, this is for driving real bulbs (halogens, incandescents) but im just tuning right now. there are MANY particulars, but i tuned it for max brightness, then connected the Resonator / "extra coil" and massively intensified
                        Power is taken from the base of the secondary and ground

Imageshack - imagetwy.jpg

THE ~Magnifier~ (Tesla called it "extra coil" )
                        "excessive EMF's can be obtained from use of Extra coils, not inductively coupled to the primary..."
                        "practically Any EMF could be obtained, limits so far remote, easily 1000ft streamers..."
                        "although a high pressure can be reached with 2 coils, it will never be as much as when xtra coils are employed because L2 will always act on L1, not so with XtraCoil"

N.Tesla 1899
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by mr.clean; 05-31-2013, 09:26 AM.
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• It seems that the key is to disturb the aether with a sharp HV impulse and use those local electromagnetic oscillations to charge a capacitor to high potential by the means of coil shorting, without damping the 'swing'. Important here is the coil of low self-inductance according to Tesla.
                          A few turn, bifilar-in-series pancake coil, anyone?
                          Last edited by kEhYo77; 05-31-2013, 11:03 AM.
                          “ THE PERSON WHO SAYS IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT THE PERSON DOING IT ! ”

Comment

• anyway, dont worry, this is for driving real bulbs (halogens, incandescents)

Hi Mr Clean

In no way did I disrespect you all I asked was for a bit of information I actually thought that your setup was something that merits further exploration so forgive me if I hurt your feelings.

But I did sit in a corner sulked for a wile wept a little bit but I am okay now.

I did your circuit on a simulator to get a better understanding of it so forgive me for that to.

But in the interest of keeping the peace I will not ask you for that information again
                            So rest assured.

Best to you.

In the expert's mind there are many possibilities.
                            In the beginner's mind there are few.
                            “African’

Comment

• Originally posted by African View Post
                              anyway, dont worry, this is for driving real bulbs (halogens, incandescents)

Hi Mr Clean

In no way did I disrespect you all I asked was for a bit of information I actually thought that your setup was something that merits further exploration so forgive me if I hurt your feelings.

But I did sit in a corner sulked for a wile wept a little bit but I am okay now.

I did your circuit on a simulator to get a better understanding of it so forgive me for that to.

But in the interest of keeping the peace I will not ask you for that information again
                              So rest assured.

Best to you.

In the expert's mind there are many possibilities.
                              In the beginner's mind there are few.
                              “African’
                              hi buddy im not sure what you are referring to, i was never hurt by anything you said, you're a good contributor here, and clearly want to learn.

ask all you like my friend, i only hope i can give accurate replies from my experience, im really not a mind of Tesla or even close, i just know what i want when i learn of it

no bad simulators or anything either i cant figure them out and dont want to learn it, so that shows my knowledge and ignorance on that hehe

but seriously i hope u didnt actually think you hurt me, there is so little discouragement towards my work anyway, i wouldnt take it seriously... im determined for answers and truth, so are most of you all!
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by African View Post
                                Hi Mr Clean

I like this setup and i wonder how far you got with this it seams that you were distracted just after you posted this post.

I ran something simular on a simulator and the voltage just kept on climbing to over 13 KV then i connected about 10 200W 240V globes to it and got them running.

I would like to try to build it but need to no how you winded the coils the wire size, diameter of the ferrite rod and number of turns.

Thank you.
                                And as always thanks to all for sharing
                                hehe distracted? i need to be doing multiple projects at once, so when my attention nods off, i can go to the next and stay interested, otherwise i'd never finish a single thing

but by ferrite rods maybe the LMD analog? those rods are .5" dia 3" long, from Digikey i believe, comes in a huge box of like 100
                                coils were wound end to end, 30 gauge mag wire, then measured to find lowest inductance, and removed turns to the rest to make them all 2.133mH and all same direction (the coils will find their own polarities in the process)

As for the Smith build, in case of plain ole good info..

-copper tubing for primary (but it was an old coil, used it cause its dia and turns worked out, but was CCW) shouldve been same direction as secondaries (to my knowledge)

-B&W coil cut in half (didnt have the 4turn/inch so bought the 6 turn/inch)
                                better inductance anyway

-avoid large capacitances, as Don used, based on projects Nemesis, and Zeus popular Tesla coils a huge amount of info was documented and referenced to Colorado Springs notes as guidance, along with conventional transmission line theory being possible. the intention was to construct ~the Magnifier~ but not to follow anyone elses notions on wireless power or vindication of Tesla even...
                                ....it was for unravelling the operation of the Magnifier, and MAX terminal output
                                PERIOD
                                ..."when larger primary inductances are used, more tolerable caps can be used at smaller capacitance, and massive secondary inductances can be brought into play..."

i weighed the coils to get an idea of needed primary tubing, then compared the lengths, actually wasnt far off from 1/4, but as discovered from the above, systems can be far out of balance and still work if compensated with small enough capacitance
                                --and that the spark rate is a small fraction of the tuned frequency (not in most people's ability, unless rotary gap) so im just saying go as small L1 capacitance as you can without having to modify your coil too much

-dont buy huge output storage caps like Don did, yes they fill right up but just tuning caps where needed and maybe diodes just before load, to act as kind of a resonance barrier in a way, or your tuning will tend to change with different loads. you generally dont want anything robbing power, and untill the big output caps fill up, a load cant be placed onto them ive found.

gotta run, hope that helps
                                Last edited by mr.clean; 05-31-2013, 03:22 PM.
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X