No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi clarence. scrapped microwave oven capacitors might be an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
      BTW one other thing I am doing comes from the knowledgeable past posting of Kurt (Mr. Clean). he showed that when he found the inductance value of the NST primary and matched capacitor value to achieve stable resonance (there's that word again) of the NST that it greatly changed the current draw in his circuit (lowered it).
      Hi Clarence. Just wanted to point out that although input current is reduced, it does not mean that input power to the NST is reduced. Maybe you are already aware of this however. When you have an inductive load such as the NST, you can have fairly high reactive current flowing if the NST contains no internal power factor correction capacitor. Externally placing an appropriate capacitor value in parallel to a reactive load (the NST primary in this case) is called power factor correction. What happens is if you chose the right capacitor value it cancels out the reactive current caused by the NST windings, and the reactive current is decreased. Yes, this can also be viewed as tuning the primary of the NST for resonance at 60Hz.

This does not reduce input power to the NST however. The real power input to the NST should remain the same with or without the power factor correction capacitor for any given load on the NST. The main advantage of reducing the reactive current is if you are using a variac, you don't need a variac with quite as high of a current rating.
      Last edited by level; 05-13-2013, 08:21 PM.
      level

Comment

have been looking for storage capacitors for finish of DON's board build per attached schematic. the shown 8uF caps at 2000v I haven't been able to locate at a reasonable price so far, however Amazeing1.com does have 30uF- 4500v caps at 219.00 each. my question is the greater capacitance value of 30uF versus 8uF? I am concerned about the time/storage length, since the capacitance is greater will the time/storage affect the frequency values of the secondary input to the storage capacitors as a whole? I would have to use two of the caps in series to store the total 7995v produced by the secondary coil system.
        Hi Clarence. Keep in mind that placing two 30uF capacitors in series would give you a resulting 15uF of capacitance, but yes, this will have double the voltage rating of a single 30uF capacitor. For a given current drive capability, if you use a larger capacitance value at the output, the longer it will take to charge the capacitor up. This is because the larger the capacitance value, the more charge it takes to bring the capacitor up to a certain voltage level.

With this particular Don Smith circuit, I don't think Don ever really explained why he was converting the output to high voltage DC rather than using some sort of step down transformer arrangement to step down the high voltage first. Also, as far as I know anyway, because we don't know Don's reason for using the large capacitors at the output and why he chose the exact capacitance values he chose, then it is really hard to say if the actual capacitance value is critical or not.

In any case making any changes of any sort to any components connected to the primary or secondary windings will most likely affect your resonance tuning. So to do your final tuning for resonance on the primary and secondary, you really have to have all your other components connected in place, and then tune for exact resonance. Still, any changes made by applying different loads at the output will probably still affect the resonance tuning of the windings, so you may want to try tuning without and with some sort of load connected and see how much it alters your resonance tuning. Based on my own testing I have done, I am inclined to think that if Don's circuit really did work, that Don left out some important circuit details that were not shown on his demo board. However, I haven't tested with both the primary and secondary tuned for exact resonance so that might be an important difference.

You may be able to find those sort of capacitors cheaper on EBay, as I find amazing1 to be on the expensive side, but used capacitors could be faulty, so that is always risky. If you can find some new ones on EBay, it might be cheaper.

Also, you are probably already aware of this, but I think that 10J of energy stored on a capacitor is already considered hazardous, and 50J of energy stored on a capacitor is considered to be definitely in fatal territory. Just as a comparison, an 8uF capacitor charged to 8000V will have 256J of energy stored in it. You would need to take steps to make sure no one puts their hand anywhere near the output capacitors or output terminals or wires when those capacitors are charged up, and you will need to have a way to discharge the high voltage capacitors through a power resistor when you want to discharge them. Don's circuit as was shown on his demo board is actually very dangerous.

Good luck with your project. Keep us posted on your progress.

Last edited by level; 05-13-2013, 08:25 PM.
        level

Comment

• Demo Board Missing Pieces

Originally posted by level View Post

...that Don left out some important circuit details that were not shown on his demo board.

Level,

Could you please suggest what you think may have been left out based on your own experiences and knowledge of this stuff.

I have some ideas myself.Actually, I had to scan though all his devices,written materials,schematics,diagrams,pictures and videos to search for clues.I had mentioned many threads ago that, what might not have been shown on one device might be seen or show up on another. Not only that,other devices from other sources may have components left out by Don.Don was an avid researcher and if you have seen his Library courtesy of Soundiceuk, and some patents that existed long before Don started producing these machines, you can actually see where he may have derived some of his ideas from (apart from Tesla and the other heavy weights).Its fascinating stuff! I found the PJK to be one such source of info.

Regards,
          Ged
          Last edited by Gedfire; 05-13-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post
            1) With this particular Don Smith circuit, I don't think Don ever really explained why he was converting the output to high voltage DC rather than using some sort of step down transformer arrangement to step down the high voltage first. Also, as far as I know anyway, because we don't know Don's reason for using the large capacitors at the output and why he chose the exact capacitance values he chose, then it is really hard to say if the actual capacitance value is critical or not.

2) In any case making any changes of any sort to any components connected to the primary or secondary windings will most likely affect your resonance tuning.
            This is the way I understand this:
            1) Do you guys remember what Tesla used in his experiments ? HV AC or HV DC ?
            He used both, but the most impressive results he obtained with HV DC very short & sharp pulses quenched by magnets.
            The only thing Don didn`t showed in his device with Big HV Caps is the iso-transformer or the step-down components, whatever..

2)At the primary L1 maybe yes, but I don`t think that secondary coil or L2 should / must affect resonance as zilano once pointed out that.
            Once you short the secondary and you have no input voltage current change, then you are right at the "game".
            This means any difference at the load side has no results at L1 coil and it`s components.

Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
            Level,

Could you please suggest what you think may have been left out based on your own experiences and knowledge of this stuff.
            As I said , my understanding leads me to think that Don did not showed his iso-trafo and it`s step-down components..

The only picture/s where Don shows his step-down transformer is the one, with Don himself sitting in a chair near to a BIG Transformer apparently in his lab.
            It seems to be a heavy duty transformer at the tens of KW power.
            If you search this thread in it`s back posts you will find the pictures I am refering to.

cheers.
            << BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

• Just an update in Kapanadze Cousin - DALLY FREE ENERGY
              This is also directly related to D. Smith experiment on investors weekend 2004 where he shows high voltage discharge to plates from one side and energy to ground from another. This is no more secret..
              Don Smith 2005_4 - YouTube got hint on this..
              Last edited by T-1000; 05-14-2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• capacitors

Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
                hi clarence. scrapped microwave oven capacitors might be an option.
                hello hotrod68r,

Clarence,

thanks for the heads up, I will keep that in mind also!

as always, mike onward!

Comment

• NST and capacitor tuning info

Hi Clarence. Just wanted to point out that although input current is reduced, it does not mean that input power to the NST is reduced.
                  Hello Level,

Clarence,

thanks for your information and I absorbed you points completely. good advice and comments all around Sir!

Lovin and informed and considerate forum!

Comment

• capacitor information

Hi Clarence. Keep in mind that placing two 30uF capacitors in series would give you a resulting 15uF of capacitance, but yes, this will have double the voltage rating of a single 30uF capacitor. For a given current drive capability, if you use a larger capacitance value at the output, the longer it will take to charge the capacitor up. This is because the larger the capacitance value, the more charge it takes to bring the capacitor up to a certain voltage level.

With this particular Don Smith circuit, I don't think Don ever really explained why he was converting the output to high voltage DC rather than using some sort of step down transformer arrangement to step down the high voltage first. Also, as far as I know anyway, because we don't know Don's reason for using the large capacitors at the output and why he chose the exact capacitance values he chose, then it is really hard to say if the actual capacitance value is critical or not.
                    Hello Level,

Clarence,

I filed all of your post to keep available the points made in it. good information and was in line with my thoughts also.

I will shop E-Bay as you suggested also. good Idea.

in this particular build the stated value don used for his storage caps was 8uF. so that means that the series cap value for the four caps in series would be what? I believe I know but what would you say. personally I believe he chose a value for a series total that would coincide with his next component which would be a step down transformer and its primary coil with that capacitance paralleled across it would produce a 50hz or 60hz secondary output to be inverted to AC. just my thoughts, time will tell.

again Sir, my sincere appreciation for your thoughts and considerations. a pure joy on an active member site!

as always, mike onward!

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post

In any case making any changes of any sort to any components connected to the primary or secondary windings will most likely affect your resonance tuning. So to do your final tuning for resonance on the primary and secondary, you really have to have all your other components connected in place, and then tune for exact resonance. Still, any changes made by applying different loads at the output will probably still affect the resonance tuning of the windings, so you may want to try tuning without and with some sort of load connected and see how much it alters your resonance tuning. Based on my own testing I have done, I am inclined to think that if Don's circuit really did work, that Don left out some important circuit details that were not shown on his demo board. However, I haven't tested with both the primary and secondary tuned for exact resonance so that might be an important difference.

You may be able to find those sort of capacitors cheaper on EBay, as I find amazing1 to be on the expensive side, but used capacitors could be faulty, so that is always risky. If you can find some new ones on EBay, it might be cheaper.

Also, you are probably already aware of this, but I think that 10J of energy stored on a capacitor is already considered hazardous, and 50J of energy stored on a capacitor is considered to be definitely in fatal territory. Just as a comparison, an 8uF capacitor charged to 8000V will have 256J of energy stored in it. You would need to take steps to make sure no one puts their hand anywhere near the output capacitors or output terminals or wires when those capacitors are charged up, and you will need to have a way to discharge the high voltage capacitors through a power resistor when you want to discharge them. Don's circuit as was shown on his demo board is actually very dangerous.

yeah the further you go the more questions arrise, but one thing im wondering now is if we added an "Extra Coil" to the ends of Don's (Tesla's pat336,961) secondaries?

effectively making it a Bipolar (or dual monopolar?) Magnifying Transformer ?
                      Anyway i'm going that direction with Don's stuff... something may just be missing, and swith a few connections...?

at this precise moment tho, im replicating Eric Dollard's LMD experiment with the caps and 8 inductor chokes, straight in and out, himself already measured 125% /C (the speed of light), and heat in the coils/load Increased as distance increased, compared to the 81% /C from the TEM setup using same power and components re-arranged.

i dont think i'll ever stop exploring Don's work, but between times of scratching my head wondering what Don may have done, i cant ignore other devices already proven and properly explained
                      In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                      In the expert's mind there are few.
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Hello Mr. Clean,

Clarence,

have been looking for storage capacitors for finish of DON's board build per attached schematic. the shown 8uF caps at 2000v I haven't been able to locate at a reasonable price so far, however Amazeing1.com does have 30uF- 4500v caps at 219.00 each. my question is the greater capacitance value of 30uF versus 8uF? I am concerned about the time/storage length, since the capacitance is greater will the time/storage affect the frequency values of the secondary input to the storage capacitors as a whole? I would have to use two of the caps in series to store the total 7995v produced by the secondary coil system.

just curious what your thoughts would be and was curious if your build used the 8uF value or was it a 10uF value - I don't remember exactly. I appreciate your previous exp's and videos as do the other members. thanks in advance Kurt!

as always, mike onward!
                        my best advice actually would be NOT to get those caps, really the only point of them was to have a Big Bang to do for people

they could really be removed and replaced with a bulb to see what you have coming from the coils, which i have found to be more useful.
                        It's really important to have power from the coils before you want to put anything else on them, the caps charge up but at the expense of the expensive diodes, and is gone in a flash, but i hook a load up... and nothing happens...

so perhaps i dont completely understand the bigger picture, but even tho i can fill up caps, i had a hard time actually powering anything until i tuned it close enough... but... at it's best performance... it was still debatable if it was OU or good efficiency...

...what im looking for is undeniable results... (dont worry, it does exist) but i am still looking

i dont mean to discourage anyone, i think we are on the right track, but i was a bit disappointed when i got those caps,,, and it didnt help my device... i realized they are not for tuning but for storage, so any HV cap would work... and if you have the power, even a small cap to trap the "excitement" before it goes to your load is fine too

i just think that now... add the Extra coil, and possibly observe the "Excessive EMF's" that Tesla described, Eric Dollard proved on video with math to go with it...
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• this is old to some, but i just saw it... most priceless vid ive seen yet...

Eric has a Magnifying Transformer built, then he demos the simplest method of exploiting the LMD phenomenon

Transverse & Longitudinal Electric Waves - Eric Dollard & Tom Brown - YouTube
                          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• capacitor useage

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                            my best advice actually would be NOT to get those caps, really the only point of them was to have a Big Bang to do for people

they could really be removed and replaced with a bulb to see what you have coming from the coils, which i have found to be more useful.
                            It's really important to have power from the coils before you want to put anything else on them, the caps charge up but at the expense of the expensive diodes, and is gone in a flash, but i hook a load up... and nothing happens...

so perhaps i dont completely understand the bigger picture, but even tho i can fill up caps, i had a hard time actually powering anything until i tuned it close enough... but... at it's best performance... it was still debatable if it was OU or good efficiency...

...what im looking for is undeniable results... (dont worry, it does exist) but i am still looking

i dont mean to discourage anyone, i think we are on the right track, but i was a bit disappointed when i got those caps,,, and it didnt help my device... i realized they are not for tuning but for storage, so any HV cap would work... and if you have the power, even a small cap to trap the "excitement" before it goes to your load is fine too

i just think that now... add the Extra coil, and possibly observe the "Excessive EMF's" that Tesla described, Eric Dollard proved on video with math to go with it...
                            Hello Mr. Clean,

Clarence,

I agree with you on the caps use for the present time, until I have first proven productive power to start with. if you don't have any thing to store its just another costly empty closet.

as I progress I was planning on load experiments directly off the L2 output terminal strip similar to your vids. I would like to ask your advice on the best items to use as loads to give an indication of wattage available. burnt bulbs just store carbon. what types of bulbs, etc. would you suggest to use.

I am also curious as to what you mean when you refer to an "extra" coil. is that similar to Don's proof of concept coils he showed on his AC output white demo build?

also I am quite aware that this device build is a dangerous m#@#@#! Don rated most of his builds @ 20amp output but that was because a load step down transformer would backload the secondary coil at 20amp also and most of his secondary coils were around 12AWG which wouldn't handle over that safely. however this build coils are 10AWG and could handle 30amp @ 8000v which equates to 240KW. DEADLY!!! remember Tesla said this type unit would handle as much amperage as voltage. Don gave a quick little demo in 1966 where he illustrated a bifilar type wind around his arm and stated the same thing. slow and safely is the forethought!

looking forward to your thoughts Kurt, thanks in advance.

mike onward!

Comment

• paralleled capacitors

Hi Clarence. Keep in mind that placing two 30uF capacitors in series would give you a resulting 15uF of capacitance, but yes, this will have double the voltage rating of a single 30uF capacitor.
                              Hello Level,

Clarence,

I have attached Don's schematic again. It shows the capacitors paralleled in the circuit which should give a total of 32uF capacitance to the circuit. the capacitor bank as a unit stores the 7995v pulsed DC. each capacitor charges independently at its 8uF rate. I would not think it would be good to operate the device unloaded for any length of time, it is just a middle man for the whole operation, once a load is applied its charge disappears and if the resonant functioning of the supply circuit is not properly tuned to meet the load requirement and keep the bank charged then FIZZLE! NADA! once the circuit is in the proper operation the cap bank for all practical purposes is just a laid back idling component waiting to fill a minute interruption now and then. that's how I view a cap bank. good for starts but not FIZZLES!

I was VERY mindful of your advice on the discharge of the bank on shutdown! I would appreciate some specifics on the power type resistor discharge method you mentioned. my outlook is trying NOT dying! again let me say I do thoroughly appreciate your comments and considerations!

mike onward!
                              Last edited by clarence; 05-26-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Demo Board Missing Pieces

Originally posted by Peculian View Post
                                This is the way I understand this:
                                1)
                                The only thing Don didn`t showed in his device with Big HV Caps is the iso-transformer or the step-down components, whatever..

As I said , my understanding leads me to think that Don did not showed his iso-trafo and it`s step-down components..

The only picture/s where Don shows his step-down transformer is the one, with Don himself sitting in a chair near to a BIG Transformer apparently in his lab.
                                It seems to be a heavy duty transformer at the tens of KW power.
                                If you search this thread in it`s back posts you will find the pictures I am refering to.

cheers.
                                Yes Peculian, I noticed that transformer in both tall and short "tower" devices too.There is also the device in the 2005 video where he said he sold one to some buyers who took it apart then wanted their money back.I believe I saw 2 toroidal transformers at the output with a blue female socket.

The big transformer (made in India)you referred may have very well been a part of the inverter section of the tower device in question.

The Japanese coke machine device had an inverter designed by Don himself that used a heavy duty SCR.This is seen in second section of the Japanese device to the left of the picture.There he pulsed DC to a toroidal transformer.(Yep I am certain now) to get an AC wave form out.I presumed he pulsed the current at japanese household frequencies.

The schematic of the suitcase device shows an inverter too.

I say we just mod the output energy to get DC 12V then hook up an off the shelf inverter.With my device, I plan to rebuild a flyback core to in put 12 volts or more and output 12 volts pulsed via diode to capacitor.

I think the Dally Device often referred to by T-1000 and Romancorp used some form of converters.

What do you make of simply taking the ferrite toroidal core similar to the one in the Wesley device, make both primary and secondary bifilar,then hook up a feedback coil from the toroid to switch a MOSFET hence making the device operate in self resonance mode instead of the trying to catch the elusive resonance manually?

Regards
                                Ged
                                Last edited by Gedfire; 05-14-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X