No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It may be an earth battery connected to an oscillator.
    Pirate (Bill) was able to light many leds off of an earth battery/oscillator set up. Two grounds connections, with different metals, create a galvanic reaction. Copper wire, and another type of wire, (or two different metals) placed into the ground = 1+ volts, and connected to an oscillator will output over 3 volts. Enough to light some leds.
    But, that may not be not the same as what Kapandze is doing at the kw range, which is way beyond the galvanic type output range.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
      There isnt much of a potential if they share the same groundpoint?
      The ground potential added with the volts in the battery need to pass the 2v threshold of the mosfet gate or it wont even start.
      Think, earthbattery.
      Ah OK, I see how it works now. I won't bother trying it then. Yeah, using two different types of metals for the earth rods may improve performance.
      level

Comment

• Thank you for the explanation, Janost. Very enlightening - for me, anyway. This may seem a little off-topic, but perhaps it ties in... The way I understand it, Tesla's magnifying transmitter used the earth as a resonant cavity. It would seem to me this is what this simple circuit is doing. If so, perhaps this would explain what (and how) TK is doing as well in some of his demos, given that he often credits Tesla's work as providing the principles for his devices.
        Bob
        Last edited by Bob Smith; 05-02-2013, 11:41 PM. Reason: completing a thought

Comment

The mosfet can take 500v but it would need a different coil for a voltage like that.

The working principle is not what you would think.
          As there is resonance it builds a standing wave in the ground and there is a voltage buildup.

The kickback from the coil goes back into the ground and adds to the voltage.

The mosfet is acting like the sparkgap.
          Hi Janost,

It looks like you just might have something going here. I have been monitering all your posts.

Can I just ask, if you can possibly take those two ground connections and take readings or check the light intensities by varying the distances between those two ground connections.

In other words just move the ground points around and see if you can see an increase or decrease in the light or what ever measurements that you can use to see any changes.---

Also , can you tell us what you are using as ground points? House ground points--or outside ground???

Sorry to ask these dumb questions , it may be very important down the road.

Thanx --Paul

Comment

Trick question,

If you drive the gate with a squarewave, what will be the output of the transformer?

Tip: It wont be the voltage in the earthbattery chopped up into a squarewave.
            Janost always comes up a step ahead of us. With this transformer, the primary acts as a "spark gap" shorted inductive load to the ground( only when the FET connects). The secondary is isolated from the ground, and can charge a cap bank. I wonder what kind of waveform we will encounter in the secondary side.
            Anyone take the challenge, and give a word?

aaron5120

Comment

• Answer:
              When the mosfet is conducting, the coil gets charged from the groundcurrent.

When the mosfet stops conducting and the primary opens, there is a kickback in both the primary and the secondary that is several times the groundvoltage.

A simple but very effektive dc-dc converter to charge a cap or drive a led with higer voltage than you get straight out of the ground.

Instead of having a separate osc to drive the mosfet I have integrated the groundloop into the osc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parav View Post
                Hi Janost,
                Also , can you tell us what you are using as ground points? House ground points--or outside ground???
                Thanx --Paul
                They are outside grounding points.

One 40cm long, 15mm copperpipe and one 30cm sacrificial anode from a hotwater heater made from magnesium, 1 meter apart.

That creates a Cu-Mg battery with the soil as the electrolyte that gives 1.5v at rest.

The voltage between the EB rods is several times higher than 1.5v when it is running, approx. 14volts pulsed.
                So It could be that the AA battery is no longer needed once it starts

This circuit wont work well with transistors because they draw current from the base and mosfets dont.

But you could switch the transistor with a separate osc and a ferrite transformer like I showed in my trick question but that osc needs a driving voltage.

That is what TK is doing with his coil and a MOT.

I will try and move the groundpoints around this weekend and try configs, North-South etc.

For Telluric currents I think the distance between the rods needs to be longer than I have now.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r
                  hi janost. how would it go if you used a transistor? also, here's some more blocker circuits.
                  Come to think of if it would work with a transistor.

Yes, if you put the drive battery in series with the EB it will run.

The kickback should oscillate the ground more than the battery

Comment

• And yes, earthbatteries are chargeable like a cap.
                    My EB is polarized but with similar metalrods it will be non polarized.

With a non polarized EB it might be difficult to get it started because there isnt much of a charge in the ground to get it going.

In that case the drivebattery needs to be in series with the EB.

Comment

They are outside grounding points.
                      That creates a Cu-Mg battery with the soil as the electrolyte that gives 1.5v at rest.
                      In TKs coil he buried a car radiator and the other end was a waterpipe.

Could it be that the car radiator was copper and the waterpipe iron?
                      or the radiator aluminum and the waterpipe copper?

Why bury a car radiator

Comment

• hi janost. i think old school radiators were mostly brass.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
                          hi janost. i think old school radiators were mostly brass.
                          Maybe it's just because it has a large surface area?

Comment

• The reason TK is using HV is because when you transform the HV down to something useful like lighting bulbs, as he does, you also transform the current up.

Comment

• Anyone starting to see a resemblance to the TK coil in this gardenlight version?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• At the moment I'm doing an endurance test on one of my 1.5v CFL lights.
                                Just to make sure it has some runningtime

I'm wasting the battery to check how long it lasts.

My calculations says it runs nonstop for 27h on an D-size battery.
                                Still running
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by janost; 05-03-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X