No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi ken. thanks for the info. due to my proximity to a pacemaker equipped neighbor i stick to low voltage, mostly battery power. mostly jt circuits. i can see how that might not be enough for this lump.first hookup as a jt i could adjust it to tick like a clock, or run to about 80-100 hz. i usually compare input to spike return > bat on a 2 shunted milliamp meter. i'll leave it as is. maybe some day i can play with it as you suggest. cheers.

Comment

• hook up for 60hz iron core trans

Hello Mr. Clean,

I remember your Iron core 60hz transformer experiments but I couldn't really see how you had connected the leads out of your transformer to effect the 60 hz resonance of the transformer itself. I am involved in the group implementation of the attached Don Smith device circuit. progress build should begin next week by the group and completion with results shortly thereafter. so far the only problem for components (ridiculous as it seems) is the tinned multi stranded 10 awg litz "jumbo" (as don put it!) speaker wire.

using an approximate estimated 15uH value for the L2 half 17 turns and the
      .047 uF paralleled cap that gives a value of 189.55 KHZ for the circuit after the NST. (L3 resonates at same Hz as L2 BTW).

I have estimated the length of L1 to be 5 3/8 turns (working backwards from the 8000v to determine what voltage would be needed to be impressed on the L2-L3 turns to stay under corona gap discharges).

the variac would have to hold total NST lead output to 1264v (600v each lead) which divided by5.375t = 235v to be impressed on 34 turns L2-L3 with resultant 7995v through cap bank towards load. This L1 turn total will be ultimately influenced by the inductance value of the Litz wire. the known paralleled cap value of .2 uF as shown with an estimated L1 inductance value of 3.525uH gives the 189.55KHZ for the necessary circuit resonance After the NST. but this part will have to be determined after the Litz wire is obtained.

so back to my thoughts about the NST connections - I would definitely appreciate your thoughts and info on those connections Sir.

I am going to use a 30ma 3Kv 60HZ current limited non GFI Allanson NST. since the variac will pull the total leads output down to 1264v this will not tend to underload the smaller Kv NST.

as always, mike, onward!
      Last edited by clarence; 05-26-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
        so back to my thoughts about the NST connections - I would definitely appreciate your thoughts and info on those connections Sir.

as always, mike, onward!
        The transformer L4/L5 won't work properly after capacitors. Something is missing there, perhaps high voltage->low voltage inverter back to 50/60Hz?

Also please see D. Smith device from investors weekend in 2001:

The windings are one way with tap in middle there and the primary coil is not in middle (needs to be adjusted for resonant conditions between two legs).
        Also spark discharge tube there is in series from center tap of NST and capacitor is paralel to primary... Which means the current transfer from NST is on resonant frequency and is interrupted for disallowing any current rise in NST.

Hopefully that helps.
        Last edited by T-1000; 04-29-2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Large photo

Hello All,

I use the large photo I have - it is just a photo of device in non use mode so the photo location of red L1 moveable coil is immaterial. circuit components are basically the same except for the NST I use and the connections are easily discerned.

cheers,
          as always, mike onward!
          Last edited by clarence; 05-26-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Here is a new toy I'm playing with.
            It will light the LED with only the ground current.

Kind of a micro kapanadze.

The battery is only used for lifting the low voltage from the ground so that the mosfet is able to switch.

There is no current drawn from the battery.
            All comes from the groundingpoints.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
              Here is a new toy I'm playing with.

Kind of a micro kapanadze.

The battery is only used for lifting the low voltage from the ground so that the mosfet is able to switch.

There is no current drawn from the battery.
              All comes from the groundingpoints.
              Very cool. If the principles operating this are similar to those of the Kapanadze setup, it should be scaleable, I would think.
              Is this an AA alkaline battery?
              I wonder how using a run down SLA battery would do.
              Bob
              Last edited by Bob Smith; 05-02-2013, 04:41 PM. Reason: fixed language mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Smith View Post
                Very cool. If the principles operating this are similar to those of the Kapanadze setup, it should be scaleable, I would think.
                Is this an AA alkaline battery?
                I wonder how using a run down SLA battery would do.
                Bob
                The battery is only to keep the gate threshold voltage, 2-4v
                I think the gate current is like uA as the gate is voltagesensitive and not driven by current.

I was kind of thinking this could be what Kapanadze is doing, driving HV through the ground?

Comment

• If you use a magnesium sacrificial anode from a water heater and a copperrod for the groundingpoints, it will get you 1.5v from the ground.

I'm still trying to draw something that will only need the battery to start and run from the ground without the battery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Smith View Post
                    Bob
                    The mosfet can take 500v but it would need a different coil for a voltage like that.

The working principle is not what you would think.
                    As there is resonance it builds a standing wave in the ground and there is a voltage buildup.

The kickback from the coil goes back into the ground and adds to the voltage.

The mosfet is acting like the sparkgap.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by janost; 05-02-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Can you post a picture of your device working, so we can see the output lighting the led bulb?
                      How do you know that it is not drawing any current from the battery?
                      Where did this idea come from? How would you upscale it.?
                      Sorry for all the questions...

NickZ

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick_Z View Post
                        Can you post a picture of your device working, so we can see the output lighting the led bulb?
                        How do you know that it is not drawing any current from the battery?
                        Where did this idea come from? How would you upscale it.?
                        Sorry for all the questions...

NickZ

I'll get some pictures.

I don't mean nothing. The gate has capacitance that needs to be charged but I mean nothing like in the battery will most likely leak before it is depleted.
                        We are talking microamps.

The idea came from the fact that even if you use a tiny drive voltage, the kickback is several times the voltage of the battery.

If you feed the kickback back into the battery, in this case the ground, you will create a standing wave, the ground gains a charge.
                        You use that charge to create the next kickback, i.e resonance.

Simple but very effective.
                        Last edited by janost; 05-02-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Trick question,

If you drive the gate with a squarewave, what will be the output of the transformer?

Tip: It wont be the voltage in the earthbattery chopped up into a squarewave.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                            Here is a new toy I'm playing with.
                            Nice Janost. I will give it a try. Do you need two separate ground points for the two ground connections, or can it be the same ground point?
                            level

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post
                              Nice Janost. I will give it a try. Do you need two separate ground points for the two ground connections, or can it be the same ground point?
                              There isnt much of a potential if they share the same groundpoint?

The ground potential added with the volts in the battery need to pass the 2v threshold of the mosfet gate or it wont even start.

Think, earthbattery.
                              Last edited by janost; 05-02-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick_Z View Post
                                so How would you upscale it.?
                                Create larger standing waves like the original kappacoil.

With a higher voltage.

Comment

Working...
                                X