No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cognito, Attached is some scope shots and another sketch.

Video clip showing some wave forms is below.

Video clip.
    Don Smith Coil Tuning -1 - YouTube

Each trace is one of the two output coils or "L2's".
    The first shot is both L2's or output coils with the 30 nF of capacitance on each.

The second shot only one L2 has a 30 nF capacitor.

The sketch shows the arrangement and the scope attachment points,
    both scope grounds were attached to the center tap. As per the tuning
    tutorial video I linked in the other post I used a 10 k resistor when scoping the L1-Primary coil.

Cheers
    Last edited by Farmhand; 01-23-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Hi Farmhand,
      Thanks for the feedback!

Well I also tested my coils and have AC at both L2s...one with a cap and the other without...with a waveform generator (pulsed or sine wave with-wihout offset etc.) I think why your L2b coil without a cap has no AC is because of the coupling.
      It's a weak coupling (split primary) and if you do not place the output coils over the L1 it's getting worse... See attachment and look at my L1 coil.

Best to have is placing the L2a and L2b at the center over the L1 coil but have space (a couple of turns) in the center where the center-tapped gnd should be connected. Then we have (volts=amps parts) equal??? Don had a movable L1 so he could tune the amps and volts part...

I noticed when measuring with a waveform generator for resonance my L1 and L2s are perfect tuned...but using the final setup with spark-gap L1 is tuned but the L2s are out of resonance... I also connected diodes at the output L2 coils when tuning the coils...

...I don't know if I use a wrong type of measure method. I also place a resistor at one leg of the waveform generator to the LC circuit and have my scope probe connected to the LC for measuring resonance frequency. Same used for L2a coil...

..no using the proper spark-gap impulse could make it worse too.. see my scope shots above (blue trace).

Br,
      Cognito

Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
      Cognito, Attached is some scope shots and another sketch.

Video clip showing some wave forms is below.

Video clip.
      Don Smith Coil Tuning -1 - YouTube

Each trace is one of the two output coils or "L2's".
      The first shot is both L2's or output coils with the 30 nF of capacitance on each.

The second shot only one L2 has a 30 nF capacitor.

The sketch shows the arrangement and the scope attachment points,
      both scope grounds were attached to the center tap. As per the tuning
      tutorial video I linked in the other post I used a 10 k resistor when scoping the L1-Primary coil.

Cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

• Peculian Japanese Device

Hi Peculian,

Any progress on the japanese device?

Ged.
        Last edited by Gedfire; 04-21-2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
          Tesla coil tuning video tutorial.
          Tuning A Tesla Coil with an Oscilloscope - YouTube

There are different ways to get the L1 resonant at the correct frequency.
          See attached sketches. Same with the output coils.

Resonance is fun fun fun !

Farmhand and others, on the issue of coils I ran into this series of videos on youtube.Wow! Part 2 had a coil which I liked best.I will leave you to deduce which one.Also, note the guy is mostly pulsing them in the Mhz range, just inductance and coil capacitance, now what if he does what you guys are trying to achieve? Add caps to reduce the HF he is able to use.His coil pulsing reminds of Don's 1 transistor early devices operating in the megahertz range.

Here you go:Pulsing coils and lighting LEDS - Part 1 - YouTube

Video 2 :Pulsing coils and lighting LEDS - Part 2 - YouTube

If you have seen or linked to this video already, kindly disregard.

Ged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
            Hi Peculian,

Any progress on the japanese device?

Ged.
            Hi there Ged!
            I was offline for a week and now I`ve just seen your message.
            On the japanese device there is no more news till now in my experiments.
            I intend to experiment when time and other factors permits me again.
            Thanks and best Regards.
            << BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

• Gedfire Device Update II

Hi Folks
              @Peculain,hope everything works out for you .

As I had promised, I am here to give a report on my progress with my project.Let me state that my primary project is the Japanese Device and/or anything close to Don Smith Commercial Device.

Aim: To Build Modified Version of the Don Smith Japanese Device.

Hypothesis:High Frequency DC Pulsing of Capacitor should give COP>1.

Materials/Equipment: One 2 Farad Car Audio Capacitor 16 volts,1 pulse width device used for HHO Cells.Variable duty cycle,variable frequency PWM 1-30kHz, 1 700 Watt Inverter (modified sine wave),I 250Watt blender.I electric shaver,1 ac to dc adaptor (1 amp),1 battery pack 8AA.

Mods. : Replacement of the SCR section from the capacitor to the toroid by a 12 volt inverter.Use of 16 volt 2 F car audio capacitor.Use of PWM instead of NST/NPS .(Now that is how we get to put only 12 volts at high frequency onto a capacitor plate )

Method Darn, need a diagram here!) anyway , I hooked up battery to PWM and hooked up PWM to Capacitor with a 5 amp fuse, then hooked up inverter to the capacitor.

I then fired up the device.Turns out my battery had lost voltage so the capacitor could not charge to inverter friendly voltage , so I used the 1 amp 12 volt 50Hz adaptor.

I allowed the cap to charge first before turning on the inverter.The cap charges very fast.I had the PWM at 20khz, 20% duty cycle.

Results: The inverter came on, it only pulsed the blender for a sec.But it ran the electric shaver in short pulses.Looking at the analog voltmeter attached to the car cap, I noticed voltage fluctations on the meter.It appears that the capacitor would charge then drop.So my inverter was operating in response to the changes.

I tried varying frequency and duty cycle to get more power but unfortunately, the fans on my PWM died.Then , the memory got erased, then it started behaving erratically.I eventually I disconnected it.Then I connected the adaptor straight to inverter to see the effect.Inverter fan came on but no response from the electric shaver.When I hooked the capacitor up to the adapter , allowed it to charge, then turned on the inverter, I got a response from the shaver.The same pulsing action like before with the PWM.So the shaver would come on and off at 1 -2 second intervals.

Discussion

The PWM might be fried given I was using it to do what it was not really designed for.I should have used a blocking diode on the positive lead.(I have another one still in its package from a different manufacturer, just not ready to roll it out yet until I have analysed this experiment properly.Hopefully with your help, I can get it right.

I did notice the capacitor would drain all of its 2 F 12 volt power when the PWM was turned off and there was not bleeder resistor present.I suspect that its that backflow of raw power that may have barbecued my PWM.Also, I suspect that between the pulses, power was flowing back in to the PWM and that might have screwed the device up from the start.Lesson well learned here.

So whats next?

Recommendations:
              Install blocking diodes.Or just install my own diode bridge for serious backflow protection.

Get a higher frequency PWM or just build one.I bought 2 PWM because I was just frustrated with working with 555 timers.But I saw a link posted by a member regarding 3 and 5 Mhz function generators on ebay.I already have the power MOSFETS.

Your suggestions ,questions, comments on what I did and how to improve the experimentations.I I had mentioned, I have another PWM left and this one goes up to 100Khz .If certain capacitors are added, it can go up to 1.5Mhz.

Limitations: No scope,no wattmeter.

So there you have ,it.I got to get back to experimenting.May take a while as I am back on the job full time with only very short weekends to spare.

The pictures I took were taken by webcam software.Fuzzy UFO,Lochness monster quality so I did not bother to post them.I will get better ones when I restart the second phase of the project.

Cheers!

Ged

Comment

• This self running circuit (below) may be of interest to any of you that have not seen it yet, so, I posted it here, also.

Posted on youtube by akula0083.
                Makes me wonder... there must be something to them.

Free Energy Генератор Свободной энергии с самозапиткой akula0083 - YouTube

Wesley's translated version: No battery no ground (of the same video).
                a k u l a 0 0 8 3- Free Energy750W no batery no ground - YouTube

akula 0084 His YouTube channel:
                akula0083 - YouTube

EDIT:
                This is the actual diagram of Akula's version of the device. It is said that the one shown at the end of the video is not his, and that it was not the original one (as the one shown here now), and that the one in the video does NOT work.
                This working diagram posted here (last attachment) is supposed to be the one that does work. It is also different from Romanov's circuit, although the basic idea may have been taken from it. However is is not the same thing, at all.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Nick_Z; 04-23-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Hi,

Here is my update because I feel it is related a bit to D. Smith air core device - Kapanadze Cousin - DALLY FREE ENERGY

Cheers!

Comment

• great work everyone, sorry to butt in, i have a new Bitoroid video to share, using Metglass large cores and unique primary centertap idea.

Driving each primary core leg separately at its according secondary, while exhibiting input current drop under load, maintaining a strong emf thru distinct deliberate flux paths to secondaries, and good power to the load despite the input current falloff.

More to come, but wanted to see how the primary performed and if i got the right effects using Metglass, pleased so far... enjoy!

Bi-Toroid: MetGlass Powerlite Cores, Testing For Input Current Drop, Strong Performance Maintained - YouTube
                    In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                    In the expert's mind there are few.
                    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Schematics

Originally posted by Nick_Z View Post
                      This self running circuit (below) may be of interest to any of you that have not seen it yet, so, I posted it here, also.

Posted on youtube by akula0083.
                      Makes me wonder... there must be something to them.

Free Energy Генератор Свободной энергии с самозапиткой akula0083 - YouTube

Wesley's translated version: No battery no ground (of the same video).
                      a k u l a 0 0 8 3- Free Energy750W no batery no ground - YouTube

akula 0084 His YouTube channel:
                      akula0083 - YouTube

I tried to upload the diagram, but it would not upload, for some reason, so if anyone is interested in seeing it, I'll see what I can do to provide it.
                      Thanks for this.Its an interesting addition.I would love to see your diagrams.The one in the video is unclear to me.

@ T-1000, I have looked at the Dally Device,Romancorp etc.

What I find interesting and is one of my main focus is the end section.Most of them have diode bridge to capacitor.Even Aviso had that setup in the ambient extraction device.

Thanks for posting.

Ged.
                      Last edited by Gedfire; 04-23-2013, 03:24 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

• Gedfire and All:
                        Please check my previous post of the Akula no battery no ground, self running device. I have made an EDIT to my last post, and have added his original diagram, which is what he was using in his newest build.

mr.clean: I'll be viewing your latest video soon, somehow, I feel that it may all be related in some ways.
                        Nick_Z
                        Last edited by Nick_Z; 04-23-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                          @ T-1000, I have looked at the Dally Device,Romancorp etc.

What I find interesting and is one of my main focus is the end section.Most of them have diode bridge to capacitor.Even Aviso had that setup in the ambient extraction device.

Thanks for posting.

Ged.
                          The most interesting part there is D Smith style winding in asymmetric way making standing wave with voltage on one hand and high current with low voltage in another hand then meeting over resonance in series between them two. Also the primary is on resonance in paralel for minimal power draw from source what makes 2 resonances on same air core at same frequency. Now question is - what
                          resulting current flow is? By conventional laws of physics higher voltage source makes lower voltage source as resistor but in this case we got high voltage low current in one source and high current low voltage in secondary source so in which direction flow is after standing wave is made?

The DC output reason is because of easy conversion into AC back again and internally it is high frequency enough to have problematic conversion without rectifying output.

Cheers!
                          Last edited by T-1000; 04-23-2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• The Akula device is having some heat issues at the rectifier which would possibly indicate a high output overload, by the 1000watt bulbs, as the load. Which MAY also be leading back to the input to allow for it to run itself. But the rectifier is overheating without the ground connection, and maybe with it, also, but to a lesser degree.
                            How the feed back is working is still not clear to me, but may be the reason for the rectifier, which also seams to be the bottle-neck on this device.

Comment

• hi all. i acquired a 240v-240v transfrmr that was being scrapped.turns out it is a ferroresonant trfmr,or cvt in a power conditioner.i had not heard of this, but on reading up on these i see bits of what is discussed on this thread,(but at 50-60hz). it's got a 12uf 400vac cap across 1 winding (tuned to line frequency,50hz) and a primary and another secondary, the output. each with different dc resistance.9,17,5 ohms.it involves flux paths and saturation. has anyone played with these, or got suggestions of ways to drive it? i'm thinkin a push-pull ac circuit driver,maybe zvs,maybe a sine wave is required to get it going properly,but without a c/tap or equal windings it looks hard to implement,this being assymetrical. i guess i could drive it off a regular c/tapped transfrmr driven off the push/pull circuit. or rewind the primary, adding a c/tap. either approach allowing variable frequency and battery power and a return line or two preferably. they have low efficiency in their normal application,but it looks like a ready made solid state setup worth experimenting with. or at least evaluating. it's a lot of iron for a 100va rating.

also ferroelectric capacitors might be interesting/worth reading up on. they too have a fat hysterisis loop or b/h curve! although shortlived in an oscilator,1,000,000 cycles lifetime on 1 commercial thin film type that is sold, it might be reasonably doable it yourself to make one,or lots with some longevity.
                              DoITPoMS - TLP Library Ferroelectric Materials - Fabrication of a ferroelectric capacitor and
                              Interesting selfmade solarcells ! a patent description of a diy solar cell (scroll down), where you paint layers of p-type and n-type material to build up a solar cell or capacitor.
                              the tom bearden site mentions using them with special switching. they could or might be of some relevance to all sorts of different experiments with coils. nice work here everyone. and that's great news about eric.
                              Last edited by hotrod68r; 04-25-2013, 10:35 PM. Reason: details

Comment

• Hi Hotrod,
                                Dont tear apart your Ferroresonant transformer just yet. I have a simple device that you can make from this called a RE-AMP from Hector P. Torres.

Sorry, I can't locate an schematic image in the public domain except here:
                                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EVGRAY/files/REamp.JPG
                                JPG http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EVGRAY/files/REamp.JPG a picture speaks
                                a million words, that is why... Hector Perez Torres ultspospoulakk
                                leave the capacitor connected to its windings, but unload all other windings.
                                Apply the normal operating line voltage and freq. Take a microwave high voltage capacitor and put it in series with one terminal of the ferroresonant capacitor. If you have a MOT (microwave oven transformer) then connect the high voltage windings of that across the open lead of the microwave cap and the ferroresonant cap. The whole idea here, is to obtain ferroresonance, which outputs somewhere around 560V in my version. Next, then to step that back down and rectify the low voltage winding of the MOT tuning everything for max output.

My results show real promise if tuned as Dan Combine shows:
                                dancombine - YouTube
                                However, built with just the things I had on hand, and not optimizing, I found that my circuit was underunity but still worthy of ceartain distance power transmission experiments.

Comment

Working...
                                X