Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is my test bench for Lenz cancelation experiment:

That setup looks promising, it draws less amps with side coils shorted than direct secondary shorted. To ensure how much power is drawn from power source and how much power is induced I still need proper DC-AC inverter for driving transformer's single primary.
    Anyone got spare circuit diagram for good signal generator driven inverter? My small Chineese SG generates bipolar signal and I have some IGBTs laying in shelf..

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
      thanks level. yeah, i was referring to the case of bifilar windings on the same axis in the same space,(just not succinctly ) i been searching for info but haven't found much yet.this puts a different slant on it. and this backs it up. it could be conjecture or something more.
      Magnetic field does not exist
      Why do two magnetic lines never intersect each other
      Interesting...
      level

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
        Here is my test bench for Lenz cancelation experiment:

That setup looks promising, it draws less amps with side coils shorted than direct secondary shorted. To ensure how much power is drawn from power source and how much power is induced I still need proper DC-AC inverter for driving transformer's single primary.
        Anyone got spare circuit diagram for good signal generator driven inverter? My small Chineese SG generates bipolar signal and I have some IGBTs laying in shelf..
        Hey T1000,

looks promising. U maybe have a schematic?
        Another thing i wanted to ask you, is what happened to all those working OU devices you and and STAAR Team built? Like Caduceus Coil setup, Yoke device and this one Teslacoil + Tube device where u had the dielectric melting? You dont continue to experiment with those?

kind regards,
        mainsen

Comment

• Hi T-1000,

What frequency do you want the inverter to operate? If in the wideband audio range then you have to build or buy an audio-type power transformer I am afraid, because the normal laminated mains transformers work up to maybe 100-200 Hz only, there are hypersil cores working up to the some kHz range and there are the permalloy core (very expensive) transformers mainly used in old professional audio amplifiers etc up to several tens of kHz. Hi-Fi audio transformers may go up to 20-30 kHz but also expensive.

IF your AC output frequency involved is only 50 or 60 Hz, I show you a schematic RomeroUK used a few years ago, I found it on overunity.com if I recall correctly. The push-pull drive is a must because of the symmetrical DC magnetization of the cores, this circuit has its own RC oscillator in the CD4047 and it can be made adjustable of course by a potmeter, the limit is your transformer core capability (the RC components values are for 50 Hz now and the transformer shown in it is an off the shelf mains transformer with center tapped secondary, used backwards). I know this does not use your SG though, but the inner oscillator of the CD 4047 can be defeated/inhibited by an outside clock input of course (you need to match the bipolar SG output to a zero to positive going output). Your IGBTs can of course be used instead of the MOSFETs.

Gyula

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
          Here is my test bench for Lenz cancelation experiment:

Attached Files
          Last edited by gyula; 03-28-2013, 10:45 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
            There is a big improvement with the ferrite core.
            It now runs 28seconds on just a 47000uF cap.

No batteries
            Hi janost,

Sounds a good progress! do you use the single 6V battery circuit?
            ( http://www.energeticforum.com/227991-post9056.html )

It includes 3 diodes... try to paralelling several ones or test a syncronous rectifier?

Gyula

Comment

• Originally posted by gyula View Post
              Hi T-1000,

What frequency do you want the inverter to operate? If in the wideband audio range then you have to build or buy an audio-type power transformer I am afraid, because the normal laminated mains transformers work up to maybe 100-200 Hz only, there are hypersil cores working up to the some kHz range and there are the permalloy core (very expensive) transformers mainly used in old professional audio amplifiers etc up to several tens of kHz. Hi-Fi audio transformers may go up to 20-30 kHz but also expensive.
              The core is on very high permability - 5500, so frequencies 1-130kHz mostly. I am looking for wide band range for finding best frequency ranges and resonance. Also I would use same circuit for different purposes.

Cheers!
              Last edited by T-1000; 03-28-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• offset potmeter

My small Chineese SG generates bipolar signal
                Hi T-1000,

does your small Chineese SG has no small blue potmeter (offset) which you can use to make unipolar signals?

Regards Itsu

Comment

• Originally posted by Itsu View Post
                  Hi T-1000,

does your small Chineese SG has no small blue potmeter (offset) which you can use to make unipolar signals?

Regards Itsu
                  Nope, you can check details on 5MHz DDS Function Signal Generator | eBay

It has 2 potmeters, one for setting frequency/duty cycle and secondary is amplitude.
                  Last edited by T-1000; 03-28-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• offset 2

Hmmm, i can clearly see a little blue potmeter in the lower right corner labeled "offset adjustment".

I have the same FG, and i use this potmeter to adjust (offset) the signal to be pure positive or negative, meaning unipolar pulses.

Regards Itsu
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Varicaps?

Did anybody here ever experiment with Varicaps? (electrical controllable Caps)
                      Im thinking of a Setup with a transformer as part of a LC circuit, and while extracting energy with it keeping the resonance by adjusting the Varicap

Comment

• Hfdc

Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                        This circuit of Tesla's from the Colorado Springs Notes can be used with DC or AC
                        it can have the effect of a reducing valve as stated by Tesla, when the break
                        is conductive the capacitor C1 is charged to the full potential of the generator
                        then when the break is open the charge on C1 is distributed between the two
                        capacitors C1 and C2 .

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...atecircuit.jpg

Suggest in a nice way to the Electrical Installation teacher that he might like
                        to read Tesla's Colorado Springs Notes. I'd bet he knows DC can be used for
                        powering transformers because that is how a regular DC to AC inverter is
                        powered, I think he maybe just wants to keep it simple. If not he would likely
                        never finish the curriculum.

Cheers
                        Thanks man.Good stuff.Have not seen that schematic before.However, I was referring to the book The Inventions,Researches and Writings of Nikola Tesla by Thomas Martin.Some of the schematics are presented in Don's pdf.

Ged

Comment

• Originally posted by nico View Post
                          I wallready finished my oscillator for 50Khz who will drive my flyback. Primary coil (on ferrite) is in 50Khz resonance, 64 turns, 0.470 miliH, capacitor 20nf (5 capacitor of 0.1uF each in series).
                          Secondary is 8 turns CCw and 8 turns Cw, Lsecondary is 7-8 microH each, the capacitor will be 1,5uF for resonate at 50Khz.
                          Because will be a step down transformer in primary will be 2Kv in secondary 260v -280v at 50Khz frequencies. This can be dangerous for my TV or my computer? or for me?
                          Hight frenquency not that danger like low frenqency. 50 herc 220 volt very danger if you put in one hand one wire? in second decond wire. 50 khz can not make you any damage or only burn you, but you not get schock who can stop you heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by gyula View Post
                            Hi janost,

Sounds a good progress! do you use the single 6V battery circuit?
                            ( http://www.energeticforum.com/227991-post9056.html )

It includes 3 diodes... try to paralelling several ones or test a syncronous rectifier?

Gyula
                            Yes, the single battery circuit and the battery is replaced by a run cap with 47000uF.
                            To start it I connect the 6v battery to the cap.

Comment

• I have now perfected the Mosfet JT to an extremely efficient feedback circuit.

I added a ferrite core to the coil.
                              It still runs at 150KHz+

2 capacitors are used instead of 2 batteries.
                              They are configured as a capacitive voltage divider.

This makes it possible to loop back the positive kickback aswell without shorting the coil.

It runs even if I disconnect the battery.
                              The question is for how long?

I think it would benefit from more turns on the coil.
                              40turns is a bit low.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Hi janost,

Increasing the number of turns is a good idea, and consider making some taps on both coil halfs if you can to have a more flexible test range (matching).

Also if you happen to have some more high capacity electrolytic caps, parallel them with the single ones to decrease ESR (eqvivalent series resistance), this can decrease loss. Very good job!

Gyula

Comment

Working...
                                X