No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi janost.it runs the same way your mosfet jt ran.return is down a bit due to double diode loss at this stage.

Comment

• I thought the same, but if you look a little deeper , through the bridge.
      Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• yeah the big cap is positive on that end and is across the battery.both contribute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
          I thought the same, but if you look a little deeper , through the bridge.
          A positive voltage will not flow backwards through the bridge.

Comment

• Don Smith

Any chance we can keep the discussions in this thread related to Don Smith devices?
            level

Comment

• Originally posted by Ein~+ein View Post
              The list of such claims gets longer every day and the evidence, still non-existent.
              Well, I wouldn't say that evidence is non-existent, just not proven. Research continues. By the way, I make no assumptions one way or the other in regards to Don Smith's or other's claims. What I am doing is putting some of Don Smith's devices to the test and trying to determine for myself if there seems to be anything to Don Smith's claims. It is an uphill battle, since Don Smith always made it clear that he purposely left information out about his devices in his presentations. So far, nothing significant to report.
              level

Comment

• Question for Mr. Clean

Hi mr. clean. Regarding the 60 Hz NST which you have been using to test your Don Smith setups with, do you think you would be able to measure the resistance from each high voltage terminal to the ground lug on your 60 Hz NST when everything else is disconnected from those terminals? I have been testing with a 6000V, 30mA rated 60 Hz NST, and I am wondering how my NST compares to yours? My 60 Hz NST measures approx. 6.5 kilo ohms on one terminal and 6.6 kilo ohms on the other high voltage terminal with respect to the ground lug.
                Last edited by level; 02-25-2013, 04:23 PM.
                level

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post
                  Any chance we can keep the discussions in this thread related to Don Smith devices?
                  Are you saying that my ignitioncoil doesnt fit this thread?
                  or a JT circuit even though it has 500v on it's secondary?

If so I'll start a new thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                    Are you saying that my ignitioncoil doesnt fit this thread?
                    or a JT circuit even though it has 500v on it's secondary?

If so I'll start a new thread.
                    Hey, its not up to me, but yeah, neither of those two circuits are really related to Don Smith's devices. I know we all get off topic now and then, but just wanted to try to keep it a little more focused on Don Smith's stuff. On second thought though, that might actually kill this thread because very few people out there actually seem to be interested in discussing and experimenting with Don's devices lately. Maybe most people have completely given up by now. Feel free to post as you want. In the least it helps keep this thread going.
                    Last edited by level; 02-26-2013, 01:55 AM.
                    level

Comment

• Ein

Originally posted by Ein~+ein View Post
                      One would think Japan would be Free Energy Central given its:
                      a) heavy dependence on imported energy;
                      b) stagnant economy and an aging demographic;
                      c) distrust of nuclear power/electric utilities following last yrs tsunami;
                      d) escalating tensions with China over island claims due to the recent discovery of undersea oil reserves.

Since I'm in Asia, let me ask those from Japan whether Coke machines there are still plugged in.

Who doesn't? The list of such claims gets longer every day and the evidence, still non-existent.

Regardless of intent, once a claim attracts funding for development, it would be out of character for an inventor to admit an error in measurement and announce the endeavor a worthless pursuit. In order to sustain development (indefinitely), its essential to increase both the hype and the capital inflow as they tend to substantiate each other in a house-of-cards kind of way.

It seems that without the requisite knowledge, experience of how to properly test, document, and report findings* along with an intuitive grasp of the electromagnetism from both an electrical engineering and a physics perspective, you'll only end up discovering the known laws of electromagnetism... or your own errors of measurement.

* If there's free energy to be had then wouldn't a collaborative effort to dbase device configurations tested and results obtained be to everyone's benefit?
                      Based on your post, I am assuming that you are interested in proper scientific testing of claims and rightly so..Could you possibly recommend steps that must be taken by an experimenter before he claims "overunity". In the event that someone builds a device and claims overunity, would you participate in verify whether the claim is valid or not? What methods would you use for example to deal with say, Don's coke machine device. From your Engineering perspective, is the schematic properly done, are the components correct.Would it work ,even if it produces underunity effects?

If you can locate the pictures of said coke machine and knew nothing about Don,Tesla and anything related to free energy what conclusions would you draw from just from a forensic examination of the device.

Have you seen the pictures of the commercial device? How do you view it.Now I have no proof that these things work.I am just among the experimenters who might have a little time and resource to ...well experiment.

Have you tried making any of these devices? Tested them?

What do you think of Naudin's work, present day theories on dark matter, zero point energy?

Ged

Comment

• Beyond Don Smith

Originally posted by level View Post
                        Hey, its not up to me, but yeah, neither of those two circuits are really related to Don Smith's devices. I know we all get off topic now and then, but just wanted to try to keep it a little more focused on Don Smith's stuff. On second thought though, that might actually kill this thread because very few people out there actually seem to be interested in discussing and experimenting with Don's devices lately. Maybe most people have completely given up by now. Feel free to post as you want then. In the least it keeps this thread going.
                        Hey Level,

I think some people may have given up because of time and money or simply lack of resources.Some may have gone down a dead end too and become disillusioned.For me,I am encouraged by information that exist outside of the work of Donald Smith.Information which has enable me to pick the sense from the nonsense or misleading or erroneous statements.Its this constant cross-referencing and reflective thinking coupled with my own experimentation that keeps me going.Finally, I might be able to put together my fourth prototype, combining the work, knowledge experience of this entire forum, Advanced Physics as taught in Modern Society and the emerging theories and findings proposed from the branches of science by people who have nothing to do with free energy.

My only constraint is time.As I have a demanding job and is a family man.

But rest assured that as soon build that 4th prototype , whether it works or not, I will present to all.

Regards,

Ged

Comment

• hi guys.being a newbie and not having read the whole thread i don't know if the electrical phenomenon discussed in the wikipedia article-parametric oscillator is familiar ground for you and apologies if it is.i don't get all the math but if you read all the text i think you can gain some worthwhile knowledge and possibly some insight into the missing info that this thread was and is about.if after you have located and read it,you feel that i have wasted 5 minutes of your life feel free to bill me for the inconvenience.and so for the third time,guys i think you should check this out if you haven't already.do i have to beg?

Comment

• You owe me $5

Hi hotrod,

I didn't have time to find the complete article you referred to but I did read the excerpt you posted a link to. That description of a kid on a swing is nothing but a description of positive feedback. Positive feedback has been used since the early 1910s. I don't think that is the same as parametric excitation. But like I said I didn't take the time to read the whole article. You have to be careful what you read on a wiki. Anyone can post anything but it doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. Just kidding about the $5.

Respectfully,
                            Carroll
                            Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
                              hi guys.being a newbie and not having read the whole thread i don't know if the electrical phenomenon discussed in the wikipedia article-parametric oscillator is familiar ground for you and apologies if it is.i don't get all the math but if you read all the text i think you can gain some worthwhile knowledge and possibly some insight into the missing info that this thread was and is about.if after you have located and read it,you feel that i have wasted 5 minutes of your life feel free to bill me for the inconvenience.and so for the third time,guys i think you should check this out if you haven't already.do i have to beg?
                              Hi hotrod68r. Yeah that parametric oscillator/amplifier is really interesting. It might possibly have some relevance to Don Smith type circuits, but may not really apply. At least for the devices that Don Smith described and showed in his presentations, they all appeared to be fairly simple with one input signal source, but you never know if the concept wouldn't be applicable in some way, or if Don Smith made used of a similar sort of approach in some of his other devices. It is possible that the Kapanadze device, which seems somewhat similar to some of Smith's devices in a number of ways, may be using a principle like this or something related. The one problem I see however is you need to vary a parameter like capacitance using something like a varicap diode, and I don't think varicap diodes could be used at the power levels required for electric generator applications, but I could be wrong. There may be suitable high power diodes that can provide a decent varicap effect. Typically varicap diodes are used at small signal levels, I believe. There may be other ways as well to achieve that sort of effect though at higher power levels.
                              level

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                                But rest assured that as soon build that 4th prototype , whether it works or not, I will present to all.
                                Sounds interesting Ged. Yeah, it can be hard to find time to do experiments with job and everything else.
                                Last edited by level; 02-26-2013, 02:30 PM.
                                level

Comment

Working...
                                X