No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this works and it works very well.
    It charges the battery very fast.

Even if the battery is a total short it does not disturb the resonance.

I call it the Quadraverter
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
      Now this works and it works very well.

Hi Janost,
      you always come with something elegant and incredibly simple. This time it is no exception. The circuit seems deceptively simple.
      I guess the input frequency is 50 Hz, as the ignition coil (1:85) is designed to work at a maximum of 5KHz. The bridge rectifier is a conventional one, not necessarily an ultrafast one.
      I wonder if you checked the phase shift of the output of the secondary to see whether it is at 1.0 ? On the contrary, the power calculated should take into account of the phase angle.
      The only loss in this circuit would be the heat loss within the coil and the bridge rectifier.
      Are you claiming any OU effect for this circuit? If so, a scope shot of the output would be interesting though.
      aaron5120

Comment

• No true connectivity!

The circuit diagram i posted before, is a experiment for proving that short circuiting the output coils will not interfer the resonating coil electromagnetic induction..

Don smith was never wrong, also zelano zane was correct on all her post, what people blinded them are the quantum physics calculation. Did the true master (Tesla) showed his findings by using mathematical calculations?

Another clue from a newbie, 3 phase coil all same ground( earth ground) power transfer is not thru electromagnetic induction- it was thru spark gap, isolating the resonating power drive coil to the secondary transformer ( radient transformer) # cw + ccw- mid ground(earth)= Voila.

Comment

• Another example by Ramero at 50hz
          I wonder what this would do at higher frequency's, maybe a zvs instead of the grid tie, let it run at resonance.

Romero Experiments
          Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Nice

Hi Janost,

Looking forward to hear some more about this one.

Ged

Originally posted by janost View Post
            Now this works and it works very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaron5120 View Post
              Hi Janost,
              you always come with something elegant and incredibly simple. This time it is no exception. The circuit seems deceptively simple.
              I guess the input frequency is 50 Hz, as the ignition coil (1:85) is designed to work at a maximum of 5KHz. The bridge rectifier is a conventional one, not necessarily an ultrafast one.
              I wonder if you checked the phase shift of the output of the secondary to see whether it is at 1.0 ? On the contrary, the power calculated should take into account of the phase angle.
              The only loss in this circuit would be the heat loss within the coil and the bridge rectifier.
              Are you claiming any OU effect for this circuit? If so, a scope shot of the output would be interesting though.
              aaron5120
              Yes, I'll scope it and show pictures but I already know from previous measurements with a 150ohm resistor in series that there is 33mA in the secondary at resonance.
              There was a 5v drop over the 150ohm resistor.
              The LC combo have a Q=2.

I'm not claiming anything yet but I do know that you can short the output and the input current is still 1.38A
              Dont leave the output open or unloaded, that kills the resonance.

Yes 50Hz.
              To use it at 60Hz change the cap to 105nF.

The phaseshift between the primary and secondary is 32deg.

It actually puts the battery into the resonant circuit so the sloshing currents have to pass the battery.
              Last edited by janost; 02-24-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• It can be done this way also.

The 360ohm resistor limits the charging of the cap to 12v.
                Attached Files

Comment

• This is what LTspice says with a 360ohm resistor.
                  The green line is input power and the blue line is output power.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                    I think this device could be related to Don's /Cleans Device?
                    Hi Ged. It's funny you should say that. The guy who came up with the 'free energy surprise' device, William Lyne, has stated that Don Smith's vending machine device was based on William Lyne's 'free energy surprise' device, and that Don had contacted William Lyne years ago, and William Lyne had suggested to Don to try wrapping a coil around the device to try to draw power off it.

Don Smith apparently demonstrated the device for use in powering vending machines (pop machines) to some rich Japanese business men in hopes of signing a multi-million dollar contract, but according to William Lyne, the business men saw some of William Lyne's books laying around with various passages highlighted, and the business men then declined the deal with Don and later contacted William Lyne instead to arrange to get copies of his books.

Did Don Smith not say in one or two videos on him that he sold his device for powering vending machines to the Japanese? If so, this is at complete odds with William Lyne's version of the story.

This is William Lyne's version of how it happened:
                    --- --- ---
                    "The only person I know of who has obtained useful energy from this
                    device was a man (now deceased) named Don Smith who added a resonant
                    inductor tuned to 60 cps to the device and ran a Coke machine with it, using
                    only battery power through an inverter to 120 volts A.C.. Don had called me
                    earlier for a discussion and I suggested adding the inductor and he did it.
                    He and his group (retired CIA investors) tried to interest a Japanese group
                    in the device and they came for a demonstration years ago. They were
                    expecting a multi-million dollar contract. But they had copies of my books
                    laying around the workshop so the Japanese group discreetly obtained my
                    phone number and address from those. One book had over 60 references marked.
                    The Japanese group returned to Japan and sent a check to Don for
                    $5,000 just for the demonstration, but did not sign the big contract which
                    Don's group expected. Then the head of the Japanese group called me and
                    ordered a copy of FES, paying handsomely. Don then said the group was "the
                    Yakuza", a comment which I think was just sour grapes.
                    I built one with an inductor but never completed any tests for lack
                    of time or energy to devote to the project. I don't have the radio expertise
                    or equipment which Don had. My main thrust is with the Lyne Atomic Hydrogen
                    Furnace.
                    Bill Lyne"
                    --- --- ---

By the way, I went through many of the forum posts in the free energy surprise forum, and although one guy tried real hard to draw power off the device using various different coil winding and other arrangements, he was never able to get any significant power off of the device other than very low power, and that guy seems to have eventually given up trying. It seems no one else ever even reported seeing the high current running through the cylinders that William Lyne reported, although that is an essential requirement for having the device work. As William Lyne stated above, only Don Smith was supposed to have ever got any useful energy out of the free energy surprise device.
                    Last edited by level; 02-25-2013, 12:51 AM.
                    level

Comment

• hi janost.nice work again.looks like the output frequency is 100 hz.is there a way to get the output to phase match the input at 100 hz.playing with the 32 degree aspect might improve output.sorry if your already on to it.keep up the good work.
                      Last edited by hotrod68r; 02-25-2013, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• Interesting Stuff Level

Originally posted by level View Post
                        Hi Ged. It's funny you should say that.

Did Don Smith not say in one or two videos on him that he sold his device for powering vending machines to the Japanese? If so, this is at complete odds with William Lyne's version of the story.

This is William Lyne's version of how it happened:
                        --- --- ---
                        "The only person I know of who has obtained useful energy from this
                        device was a man (now deceased) named Don Smith who added a resonant
                        inductor tuned to 60 cps to the device and ran a Coke machine with it, using
                        only battery power through an inverter to 120 volts A.C.. Don had called me
                        earlier for a discussion and I suggested adding the inductor and he did it.
                        He and his group (retired CIA investors) tried to interest a Japanese group
                        in the device and they came for a demonstration years ago. They were
                        expecting a multi-million dollar contract. But they had copies of my books
                        laying around the workshop so the Japanese group discreetly obtained my
                        phone number and address from those. One book had over 60 references marked.

Bill Lyne"
                        --- --- ---

By the way, I went through many of the forum posts in the free energy surprise forum, and although one guy tried real hard to draw power off the device using various different coil winding and other arrangements, he was never able to get any significant power off of the device other than very low power, and that guy seems to have eventually given up trying. It seems no one else ever even reported seeing the high current running through the cylinders that William Lyne reported, although that is an essential requirement for having the device work. As William Lyne stated above, only Don Smith was supposed to have ever got any useful energy out of the free energy surprise device.
                        Thanks for the info,thought I saw it before somewhere ,now you mention it.

Things to ponder though.

Do you follow Naudin's research? What a guy! Saw his take his experiments with Solid State Generator.

This scope shot coincides with numerous other theories and experiments by others.What do you think?

2SGen, an amazing tiny Solid State Generator by JL Naudin

Next up is an amazing article by Sidney Perkowitz emeritus (ahem..) professor of physics at Emory University in Atlanta,Georgia

Writing In "New Scientist" Weekly 17 December 2011, page 37 They Do It With Mirrors: Photons can be CONJURED from thin air.

Download the pdf copy from scribd.com .One of the most stunning contributions in a respected science magazine yet (IMHO).Mentions Casimir's theory and used the term zero point.I think its worth reading.I actually own a hard copy.Good stuff.

Best regards,

Ged

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post
                          Don Smith apparently demonstrated the device for use in powering vending machines (pop machines) to some rich Japanese business men
                          One would think Japan would be Free Energy Central given its:
                          a) heavy dependence on imported energy;
                          b) stagnant economy and an aging demographic;
                          c) distrust of nuclear power/electric utilities following last yrs tsunami;
                          d) escalating tensions with China over island claims due to the recent discovery of undersea oil reserves.

Since I'm in Asia, let me ask those from Japan whether Coke machines there are still plugged in.

Don Smith was talking about being able to deliver very high power output levels (kilowatts and megawatts) to loads.
                          Who doesn't? The list of such claims gets longer every day and the evidence, still non-existent.

Regardless of intent, once a claim attracts funding for development, it would be out of character for an inventor to admit an error in measurement and announce the endeavor a worthless pursuit. In order to sustain development (indefinitely), its essential to increase both the hype and the capital inflow as they tend to substantiate each other in a house-of-cards kind of way.

It seems that without the requisite knowledge, experience of how to properly test, document, and report findings* along with an intuitive grasp of the electromagnetism from both an electrical engineering and a physics perspective, you'll only end up discovering the known laws of electromagnetism... or your own errors of measurement.

* If there's free energy to be had then wouldn't a collaborative effort to dbase device configurations tested and results obtained be to everyone's benefit?

Comment

• I like those fairy tales....

Comment

• hi janost again.here's a hybrid circuit based on your concepts i'm playing with.
                              Last edited by hotrod68r; 07-06-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
                                hi janost again.here's a hybrid circuit based on your concepts i'm playing with.
                                I dont see in your schematic any way for the coil on the collector to get a positive feed from the battery?

Comment

Working...
                                X