Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
    Regarding the GE-GEN and i wonder how easy it would be to switch the capacitor on the timing chip in the induction cooker? that would possibly bring the freq up above 20khz, and it's not far off right now, so maybe a slightly smaller capacitance would do the job.

oh and

... i put 2uF parallel to the output on the GE GEN and a test wire EXPLODED and the bifilar coil LEVITATED off the cooker while lighting the lights very INTENSELY... also the caps were 250v.
    using 1 uF (slightly out of tune but way underated v ) and it EXPANDED to look like it was going to spatter hot oil all over
    Yes, you may be able to change the parallel capacitance to modify the resonant frequency within a certain range depending on the exact circuit arrangment of the induction cooker you have, and depending on whether they are using a resonant LC tank circuit to set the output frequency or not. Here is a link to a teardown of a different kind of induction cooker, in which the driver circuit is using an LC resonant circuit at the output for comparison purposes:
    1800W Induction Cooktop Teardown

Regarding the wire exploding and the cap getting damaged, yeah those induction cookers can produce a lot of power, so if you setup your bifilar coil as an LC resonant circuit the voltage and current generated are probably going to be pretty high.

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
    i think im going to use less turns for lower voltage as the lights were being overvolted once i added the caps..then try tuning again with proper kv caps
    experiments continue
    Yes, that might work. When I experimented with the inductiuon cooker last weekend, I tried a test bifilar coil in which I kept reducing the number of turns to see how low in turns I could go on the pancake coil, and there was a minimum number of turns I could go down to where the induction cooker would not turn on any more. I forget how many turns was the minimum I found, but it was something like 10 or 15 turns for the induction cooker I was testing with.
    level

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post
      Yes, you may be able to change the parallel capacitance to modify the resonant frequency within a certain range depending on the exact circuit arrangment of the induction cooker you have, and depending on whether they are using a resonant LC tank circuit to set the output frequency or not. Here is a link to a teardown of a different kind of induction cooker, in which the driver circuit is using an LC resonant circuit at the output for comparison purposes:
      1800W Induction Cooktop Teardown

Regarding the wire exploding and the cap getting damaged, yeah those induction cookers can produce a lot of power, so if you setup your bifilar coil as an LC resonant circuit the voltage and current generated are probably going to be pretty high.

Yes, that might work. When I experimented with the inductiuon cooker last weekend, I tried a test bifilar coil in which I kept reducing the number of turns to see how low in turns I could go on the pancake coil, and there was a minimum number of turns I could go down to where the induction cooker would not turn on any more. I forget how many turns was the minimum I found, but it was something like 10 or 15 turns for the induction cooker I was testing with.
      excellent info thanks yeah my point was just that the tuning REALLY had an effect

and the coil litterally lifted up and basically flew off the transmitter
      was very cool,
      if you have 2uf i guarantee it will do the same for anyone
      when the power went on, there was a significant humming, the light was intense (so was the draw) but was really amazing to see it come alive so much.

one thing i did was put all the lights on one bifilar coil with no cap...

then took a second identical bifilar coil with tuning caps (4 big Smith non polar caps 10uf 2kv in series)
      and covered it HALF on top of the output coil
      and lights were same but input draw went down to about 390 watts from 451 watts

so something is happening when a second identical tuned coil is allowed to resonate idly in the vicinity of the output coil
      Last edited by mr.clean; 02-15-2013, 06:47 PM.
      In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
      In the expert's mind there are few.
      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• i just burned out the large 250 watt bulb with the GEGEN

oh well, im gonna do it up right with all massive equal wattage halogens, far beyond the cookers power ability

but i kinda think (if its possible) its gonna need high power to run in self loop with a fraction of the overall power to the load
        just a guess

but as observed by many, however its done, Kapanadze's device is doing it from a 9v pulse

and a new kid friggin did it with a rotary gen to charge the caps...NO BATTERY START even
        1 KW FREE ENERGY 2013.01.06. - YouTube
        Last edited by mr.clean; 02-15-2013, 10:15 PM.
        In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
        In the expert's mind there are few.
        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

excellent info thanks yeah my point was just that the tuning REALLY had an effect

and the coil litterally lifted up and basically flew off the transmitter
          was very cool,
          if you have 2uf i guarantee it will do the same for anyone
          when the power went on, there was a significant humming, the light was intense (so was the draw) but was really amazing to see it come alive so much.

one thing i did was put all the lights on one bifilar coil with no cap...

then took a second identical bifilar coil with tuning caps (4 big Smith non polar caps 10uf 2kv in series)
          and covered it HALF on top of the output coil
          and lights were same but input draw went down to about 390 watts from 451 watts

so something is happening when a second identical tuned coil is allowed to resonate idly in the vicinity of the output coil
          That's weird about the coil lifting up like that. I guess it must have generated a strong magnetic field in opposition to the IC (induction cooker) coil. That's really interesting about the input power dropping when you added that extra coil with the parallel caps. You may be onto something there. Sounds like it is definitely worth looking into further...
          Last edited by level; 02-15-2013, 11:29 PM.
          level

Comment

i just burned out the large 250 watt bulb with the GEGEN

oh well, im gonna do it up right with all massive equal wattage halogens, far beyond the cookers power ability

but i kinda think (if its possible) its gonna need high power to run in self loop with a fraction of the overall power to the load
            just a guess

but as observed by many, however its done, Kapanadze's device is doing it from a 9v pulse

and a new kid friggin did it with a rotary gen to charge the caps...NO BATTERY START even
            1 KW FREE ENERGY 2013.01.06. - YouTube
            Bummer about the light bulb burning out. Thanks for the link to that kapanadze style generator demo. That's an interesting video. They don't seem to be using too many parts for their device either.
            level

Comment

• @ mr. clean:
              Thanks for the link. If you'll notice there are several capacitors next to where he is raising the platform. Those may be what is kick-starting that device.

I've also had something similar to your flying saucer coil. Although mine did not get off the ground, but, also burnt out my incandescent bulb and transistor when the light got very very bright.
              This was using a LS type ferrite rod with the secondary output connected to a yoke core's twin secondary, which was fed back to the input side. I also had another e-core transformer, which I was connecting to different places to see if I could increase the output. When I was doing that, is where I saw this effect.
              The transistor could not handle that much input, nor the small 7 watt incandescent, although the 25watt Cfl had no problem with it, Those lights lit very bright for a couple of seconds, then burnt out the transistor and the small incandescent bulb.
              I have a feeling that this feed back idea is the whole key to the self runner.
              A start capacitor may be what can be used to get these circuits going, without a battery.

I will continue to experiment, and try to obtain better and more repeatable results.

Nick_Z
              Last edited by Nick_Z; 04-23-2013, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Tesla Coil

1st post, just a clue. All tesla doings was base on a 3 phase generator, he elimate the rotating magnet by replacing it with LC tank combination, 3 coils forming a Y or 3 phase coil configuration, make the first coil to oscillate with LC, then u can harvest much energy, with out interfering the source of electromagnetic induction.. Just transmit the positive, while all negative are same connection..

Sorry for my bad english. Good work ppl.

Comment

• little sketch?

Hi Stupify12,

What about a little sketch?

Regards

Comment

• 3 phase coil

Sorry for the bad sketch. im not good at drawing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• The tesla coil

The tesla coil should be like this. Try to short circuit the not resonance coil to any output, just to prove if the shorting can interfer with the resonating coil.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Don Smith's tesla coil wireless power transmission setup

I have done a fair bit of experimenting with Don Smith's setup of having a tesla coil transmitter surrounded by other resonantly tuned receiving coils and I am not seeing more power out than is being supplied to the transmitting tesla coil.

If I have more than one receiving resonantly tuned coil, the power coming from the transmitter tesla coil is divided between the receiving coils, and if I have only one resonantly tuned receiving coil, the output power is less than the power I am supplying to the transmitter tesla coil. Based on my own experiments (I have done very careful input and output measurements), Don's theory that each receiver coil can pull off a duplicate of the transmitter's power without draining power from the transmitter, and that if you have multiple receivers you can get more total power out than is being supplied to the transmitter, does not appear to be correct.

If anyone has done or is doing experiments with this setup and you believe you are seeing more power out than being supplied to the transmitter, I would be interested to hear exact details about your setup and exactly how you are doing your measurements. My own experimental results just do not seem to support Don's theory for this type of setup.
                        level

Comment

• Lots of things Don Smith said were just not correct. Considering what he was
                          supposed to know it seems like a straight out lie to me about the multiple
                          receiver thing. As yet I don't see that anyone has proven him to be correct on
                          that simple point. Which calls into question everything he said that is not so far
                          proven to be true. That's the way I see it.

I haven't seen any evidence as yet to indicate that a Tesla magnifying
                          transmitter can harness any significant amount free energy on a continuous
                          basis either. They can receive man made signals of a stable frequency
                          which could only be considered free if you don't pay to produce the signals.

A transmitter of fixed power can be "pulled down" in potential if enough tuned
                          receivers are placed near it. As far as I can tell.

And a transmitter that can increase it's power to meet the load will simply
                          increase it's input when more receivers are added. As far as I can tell.

Cheers

Comment

• Near Field Versus Far Field

In regards to this concept of transferring power via electric and magnetic fields, I just wanted to mention something which I think is important to consider. There are different EM field regions around a 'transmitting' coil or radiator, which are most basically divided into the 'near field' and 'far field' regions. When we are experimenting with resonantly tuned coils and tesla coils and other similar setups, we are typically dealing with coils or resonators that are less than a half wavelength of the frequency we are operating at. For such types of coils or radiators which are less than a half wavelength, the near field region is further broken down into two regions which are refered to as the non-radiative (reactive) and radiative (fresnel) regions. The non-radiative or reactive region is the region closest to the coil or radiator, and for coils and radiators that are less than one half wavelength, the reactive region extends out to a distance of about the wavelength divided by 2 x Pi, or about 0.159 times the wavelength.

A typical resonant tesla coil (not the magnifying type with the extra resonating coil) is usually tuned with the secondary at one quarter wavelength at the resonant frequency, so with the Don Smith tesla coil transmitter/receiver arrangement, we are not talking about power transmission via electromagnetic waves (which is what occurs in the far field region), but power transmission in the non-radiative or reactive near field region. Also, tightly wound multi turn coils make fairly poor electromagnetic radiators anyway, so the amount of actual electromagnetic wave radiation in the far field region should not be strong from a multi-turn tightly wound coil anyway.

There is more details about the near and far field regions here:
                            Near and Far Fields

I found the following quite interesting:
                            "The basic reason an EM field changes in character with distance from its source is that Maxwell's equations prescribe different behaviors for each of the two source-terms of electric fields and also the two source-terms for magnetic fields. Electric fields produced by charge distributions have a different character than those produced by changing magnetic fields. Similarly, Maxwell's equations show a differing behavior for the magnetic fields produced by electric currents, versus magnetic fields produced by changing electric fields. For these reasons, in the region very close to currents and charge-separations, the EM field is dominated by electric and magnetic components produced directly by currents and charge-separations, and these effects together produce the EM "near field." However, at distances far from charge-separations and currents, the EM field becomes dominated by the electric and magnetic fields indirectly produced by the change in the other type of field, and thus the EM field is no longer affected (or much affected) by the charges and currents at the EM source. This more distant part of the EM field is the "radiative" field or "far-field," and it is the familiar type of electromagnetic radiation seen in "free space," far from any EM field sources (origins)."

Konstantin Meyl has proposed theories of another type of radiation or EM field that can radiate from coils such as tesla coils, which is longitudinal waves (also called scalar waves). Eric Dollard also has discussed his views on these type of waves quite a bit as well. Meyl's approach seems to rely on heavy mathematical analysis and calculus, so a lot of his writings are not very easy to follow unless you speak heavy math quite fluently. Eric Dollard's writings and videos on the topic may be somewhat easier to follow than Meyl's. Some critics have just dismissed the longitudinal wave concept as nothing but near field effects, but Meyl insists that longitudinal wave effects are different than near field effects.
                            Last edited by level; 02-21-2013, 06:18 PM.
                            level

Comment

• Smoothing capacitor

Hi, i have a simple question. I'm taking the high voltage rectified from L2 output coil through a voltage divider to obtain 12V.

Now i need a smoothing capacitor for making this voltage output a true continuous voltage.

So i had been doing numbers, if i want a 3000W output (with an inverter) i need a capacitor that holds this 250A ripple current (3000W = 12V * 250A):

Ripple voltage rms = I/(2*square(2)*C*f)

where I = Amps to load, C = Capacitor in Farads, f = frequency in Hertzs, so:

If i would use a 10000uF capacitor, and freq used is 50kHz:

Ripple voltage rms = 250/(2*square(2)*0.01*50000) = 0,176V

thats acceptable ripple voltage to the inverter.

But if i would use a 100uF cap:

Ripple voltage rms = 250/(2*square(2)*0.0001*50000) = 17,67V

so my inverter will never run under that voltage fluctuation being so big.

I want to know:
                              - that's right?
                              - should i use a 250A ripple current capacitor to maintain this 3000W output?
                              - can i use an array of 25*10A ripple current capacitors?

Most important question:

- If the capacitor output is holding a 250A load, an equivalent current should be flowing from voltage divider to the smoothing capacitor, that's right?
                              Some people said that current coming to capacitor is cold electricity that never sees this resistance.

- some of you experimented that yet?

Thank you so much for reading, and greetings to this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ritualsiniestro View Post
                                Hi, i have a simple question. I'm taking the high voltage rectified from L2 output coil through a voltage divider to obtain 12V.
                                Now i need a smoothing capacitor for making this voltage output a true continuous voltage.
                                So i had been doing numbers, if i want a 3000W output (with an inverter) i need a capacitor that holds this 250A ripple current (3000W = 12V * 250A):
                                Ripple voltage rms = I/(2*square(2)*C*f)
                                where I = Amps to load, C = Capacitor in Farads, f = frequency in Hertzs, so:
                                If i would use a 10000uF capacitor, and freq used is 50kHz:
                                Ripple voltage rms = 250/(2*square(2)*0.01*50000) = 0,176V
                                thats acceptable ripple voltage to the inverter.
                                But if i would use a 100uF cap:
                                Ripple voltage rms = 250/(2*square(2)*0.0001*50000) = 17,67V
                                so my inverter will never run under that voltage fluctuation being so big.

I want to know:
                                - that's right?
                                - should i use a 250A ripple current capacitor to maintain this 3000W output?
                                - can i use an array of 25*10A ripple current capacitors?

Most important question:
                                - If the capacitor output is holding a 250A load, an equivalent current should be flowing from voltage divider to the smoothing capacitor, that's right?
                                Some people said that current coming to capacitor is cold electricity that never sees this resistance.
                                - some of you experimented that yet?
                                Thank you so much for reading, and greetings to this forum.
                                I am not too knowledgeable about power supply filter design, but here is what I think. First it is necessary to know whether you are using fullwave rectification or halfwave rectification. If you are using fullwave rectification then I believe the calculation will be like this.
                                Ripple voltage is usually expressed as the peak to peak ripple voltage:
                                Vripple = I/(2FC)
                                Vripple = 250/(2 x 50,000 x 0.01)
                                Vripple = 250mV (peak to peak)

As far as the selection of the capacitor, I am not sure.

However, in practical terms, I don't know that you will be able to achieve anywhere near 250 amps at 12 volts if you are planning to use a voltage divider to step the L2 output coil voltage down to 12 volts. A voltage divider would normally not be a useable way to step down the voltage in this type of situation where you require a high output current, as I believe the general rule of thumb, if I remember correctly, is a voltage divider must have at least 10 times the current flowing through the voltage divider than what you require through the load. I don't know anything about cold electricity allowing the current to not see the resistance of the voltage divider, but you can always do tests at lower power first and see for yourself if you see any such effects.

I personally don't know of anyone who was able to make this type of circuit work like Don Smith said it should work, but maybe someone out there has been able to reproduce this.
                                Last edited by level; 02-21-2013, 07:30 PM.
                                level

Comment

Working...
                                X