Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
    PJK shows a complete component schematic in chapter #3 for full component of the suitcase model.
    the only thing left is to build and enjoy!
    Hi Clarence. Thanks for the reference to PJK. I will check it out. Have you built any of Don's devices, and if so, what kind of results did you get?
    level

Comment

• Suitcase Device ?

Originally posted by clarence View Post
      Hello Mr Clean,

clarence,

I reviewed the 2001 DS vid again myself - its amazeing to know and see over and over again don openly telling all who would listen---that the small board device he is showing and holding IS THE HEART OF HIS BLACK SUITCASE DEVICE!

The other things that are missing are:
      1. the 7ah gel batt
      2.the leads from the batt/ 1/4 of L1 length
      3.the two oposed leads LEDS connected in the positive batt wire which would show when the batt was being charged or discharged during system run (receiving energy from the reasonant L1 LITZ windings -- the same windings that gave him the shock he spoke of
      4.the capacitor with its value to make L1 reasonate - stated that it was now missing from the terminal strip where the loose connection was.

PJK shows a complete component schematic in chapter #3 for full component of the suitcase model. If it was me, I would just settle for the heart of the device as shown in the 2001 video and use just that to feed an appropriate size AC cap storage bank and then ultimately feed a proper sized HV composite core distribution transformer to power whatever loads you would want. just remember to adjust the frequency fed into the the HV transformer to 60 (or 50)hz by placeing the proper resistor/capacitor comb across the primary of the transformer with the cap value in agreement with the uH value of the primary winding of the transformer as DON said to do and it will resonate at the 60 or 50 hz needed.

mike,onward!
      Hey Clarence, others, I stand corrected but, the pdf from which I did the print screens had a paragraph immediately after making a statement.See it below.

In my opinion, it seem that the suitcase device was more related to the japanese coke machine device.It has almost everything from the schematic.Plus I recall Don speaking about the system "adjusting" to added load when he powered up the suitcase device at the conference.That D2 is indeed that very special diode (thyristor?) The V1 as a bidirection varistor or diac etc.

Seem more capacitance that coil based to me.See what might count as evidence abeit circumstantial below:

Ged
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Gedfire; 06-19-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
        Seem more capacitance that coil based to me.See what might count as evidence abeit circumstantial below:
        Hi Ged. Yeah, reading through those notes it becomes apparent that Don seems to have had a good reason for using those fairly large, high voltage capacitors at the output. From what I can gather, Don listed such reasons for using the various capacitors as being used for achieving resonance or power factor correction, and also used for shifting down the output frequency to a more useful value (for example 50/60 Hz).

Going over some of Don's stuff again in more detail, I am inclined to think now that Don may well have wired up his dual coil secondary (center tapped) demo board up with some parts intentionally wired up wrong, some parts missing, and possibly with a few extra parts thrown in as well for good measure to make things even more confusing. I think I am starting to get a better idea of how Don's HV generator devices are supposed to work in theory now however, but acquiring those huge high voltage caps for the cap bank is probably a bit pricey, and caps in the microfarad range charged to a high voltage can easily contain a deadly amount of charge, so it is not something to mess around with carelessly. I think I will take some time and give this some thought to see if I can come up with some sort of simpler setup to test with some of the general concepts more before attempting to build a full scale high power output capable device .
        Last edited by level; 02-09-2013, 09:49 PM.
        level

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post
          Hi Clarence. Thanks for the reference to PJK. I will check it out. Have you built any of Don's devices, and if so, what kind of results did you get?
          Hello Level Sir,

clarence,

even the schematic PJK shows in chapter three is a bit complicated but you will note that it does show a different type of scenario than the main heart small board unit which don was holding in his hand and flatout stated that this was the device he used in his black suitcase device when he was describeing it in the 2001 video. That is why I commented that I would just use that type small board unit as the ambient capture unit and then store the captured energy in an ac storage cap arrangement and then load it into a load transformer for practical use.

to answer your question concerning have I built any don type devices the answer is yes. the thumbnail below will show the results of my first efforts.
          those results wernt fuly as sucessful as I wanted but back then I was probably about half way into unlocking all of the hidden information DON was espedially deft at hiding. since then I have managed to compile all of the necessary information needed to complete my build, however I am still finishing my driver build (parts aquirement and time to devote, etc.).

The driver Build has definitely been an engaging project. back when I found out that all of the present day electronic NSTs wernt useful because of their internal changes made to comply with ground fault safety provisions - a spark gap in the circuit kills them!-then I had to find a nst driver that would work and not shut down or have a varying voltage according to load.

I finally understood that DON's intro into most all of his devices consisted of
          1.7ah gel batt
          2.a small watt invertor
          3.a variac
          4.a set frequency NST driver
          since the batt was an entity unto itself I concentrated on the remaining components. I decided to build an combo INVERTOR DRIVER WITH A VARIABLE FREQUENCY and PRESET VOLTAGE OUTPUT. this would make one unit serve three functions and minimize components.

I did compile a reliable schematic to build and am finishing it. the build also maiuntains 50% duty cycle. BTW in the 2001 DON video my build is just the center coils in the first build board he holds up.

nuff, mike onward!
          Last edited by clarence; 04-29-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
            I did compile a reliable schematic to build and am finishing it. the build also maiuntains 50% duty cycle. BTW in the 2001 DON video my build is just the center coils in the first build board he holds up.
            nuff, mike onward!
            Hi Clarence. Good info and your tesla coil style transformer setup is a nice clean build. Good job. I have a 12VDC NST that does work as a sparkgap driver, but not enough current drive to drive the primary of an air core transformer directly. Still with a sparkgap and pulse cap, I can use it as a driver but the darn sparkgaps generate so much wide band EM electrical noise that it tends to mess up digital meter readings pretty bad. A non sparkgap driver would likely make measurements on the primary circuit somewhat easier...
            level

Comment

• progress info to all

Originally posted by level View Post
              Hi Clarence. Good info and your tesla coil style transformer setup is a nice clean build. Good job. I have a 12VDC NST that does work as a sparkgap driver, but not enough current drive to drive the primary of an air core transformer directly. Still with a sparkgap and pulse cap, I can use it as a driver but the darn sparkgaps generate so much wide band EM electrical noise that it tends to mess up digital meter readings pretty bad. A non sparkgap driver would likely make measurements on the primary circuit somewhat easier...
              Hello Level Sir,

clarence,

I have learned to use a GDT as my spark gap. they are available in values close to the target voltage a person may need to drive his primary coil with. they are silent in operation and dont have to be adjusted. some people say that they run too hot. If a GDT is running hot is is because the primary circuit is not in reasonance or not in complete reasonance. If a primary coil is in as close reasonance as possible then a GDT will either run cool or slightly warm. the heat comes from current as you know and is showing that high impedance which should be supplied by near perfect reasonance of the coil is lacking. the temp of the GDT can be a good indication of the effectiveness of the overall circuit. DON loved to use them!

In the previous post I made you will see the pinkish color on one of the terminal strips - that is the GDT I was useing and the circuit was drawing 8ma which is low but not good enough - it should be as close to 1ma as possible. my coil caps and circuit arrangement were at blame then but I have learned immensely since that time.

At present I used different electronics programs to go back and review both my L1 and L2 coils with respect to their proper length, their proper inductance to three decimal points on both, and the exact cap value needed for those inductance values to ensure proper resonance on both. then I took my new LCR meter (which I can calibrate to 000.0 before each measurement I take) and measured to the supposed length point I marked on each coil and verified that at each point the inductance value matched exactly what the electronic programs said it should be, and they matched to three decimals! lot of effort but I loved the end results!

now I have recd all of the quality components for my INVERTOR DRIVER I am slowly and effectively assembling it. since it has its own air coil output transformer built to a set output voltage I desired, the invertor part has included in it a variable frequency setup to adjust from 29khz to 69khz so that its NST type output can be set at 35.1 khz to match the resonance of the L1 primary which is set also to 35.1khz which in turn will transmit to the reciever L2 coil which is also set at 35.1 khz resonance. way back at the begining the wire lengths for L1 & L2 were determined for a 35.1 khz wave length- 28ft L2 and 7ft L1 so there should be no difficulty in them talking to each other as DON says. the invertor part is also programed for 50% duty cycle.

I dont do much posting lately but I ride daily and listen, look, and learn thanks to a lot of competent forum members. when I have finished and sucessfuly completed my buil I will post final info and schematics.
              as always, mike, onward!

Comment

• Hi Clarence. Interesting about the GDT's. I will do some more experimenting with GDT's with the transformer tuned for exact resonance. Will be interested to hear how your high voltage driver circuit performs.
                level

Comment

• driver results

Hi Clarence. Interesting about the GDT's. I will do some more experimenting with GDT's with the transformer tuned for exact resonance. Will be interested to hear how your high voltage driver circuit performs.
                  hello Level sir,

clarence,

I will remember to post results - whether good, bad, or ugly youll get them. thanks for your interest. as always mike, onward!

Comment

• clarence Device

Hello Level Sir,

clarence,
                    mike onward!
                    Hi Clarence,

Like your build.Good stuff! What is the setup of the blackbox.The one with the transistor on top.

Could you give the specs please? Voltage in and out.Frequency etc.Forgive if I have missed all this info from earlier.

regards,
                    Ged

Comment

• simple device

Hi Ged. Yeah,

however, but acquiring those huge high voltage caps for the cap bank is probably a bit pricey, and caps in the microfarad range charged to a high voltage can easily contain a deadly amount of charge, so it is not something to mess around with carelessly. I think I will take some time and give this some thought to see if I can come up with some sort of simpler setup to test with some of the general concepts more before attempting to build a full scale high power output capable device .

That is my quest now level.So in due time I will rebuild with all new parts test and post.

If you don't mind i would like to ask you the following questions:

Is it possible to construct a tesla coil that outputs 10 or 12 volts? How would you do it?

Also, I would like your opinions on the ambient/Zero Point Energy Concept.

Regards,
                      Ged
                      Last edited by Gedfire; 02-10-2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• misc system info

Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                        Hi Clarence,

Like your build.Good stuff! What is the setup of the blackbox.The one with the transistor on top.

Could you give the specs please? Voltage in and out.Frequency etc.Forgive if I have missed all this info from earlier.

regards,
                        Ged
                        Hello Gedfire,

clarence,

as I stated in the pic post that was a previous build effort that wasnt entirely satisfactory for various small reasons, so specs on it wouldnt be worth while. however the parts of the build that are worth mentioning are the coils which will remain in my new build effort and even they have been refined to a perfected tolerance with precise values of inductance and capacitance values so that my new build system will have ALL componet so called block devices in perfected reasonance balance. I can give you a brief summary of the block componets I will be using and the individual specs pertaining to each. the old BLACK BOX was a driver which I built from specs in PJK chap #3 and it wasnt satifactory for the job, so it wont be used again.

1. BATT - 7ah gel 12v
                        2. COMBINATION INVERTOR DRIVER (build not complete yet-schematic later)
                        3.L1 coil-hand made (equal to barker & williamson 4"-4 turns/" #8awg)
                        I used 6.48 turns (7ft) uH 5.141 -parallel cap 3.998 uF for 35.1khz
                        4.L2 coil (purchased barker & williamson 2 1/2" - 6 turns/" #12awg)
                        I used 42.8 turns (28 ft) uH 34.660 - parallel cap .593 uF for 35.1
                        khz---note:the whole coil was used minus factory leads as the
                        turns have to be counted from the top down / the primary coil is on
                        the outside below the location of the last turn of the L2 - look at
                        pic of the build on the previous post thumbnail - DON style
                        BTW: DON said in his original pdf in pjk #3 that the bottom of this L2 should be grounded and that the bottom of this coil constituted the
                        BLOCH WALL between it and the primary! inferring I believe that the
                        primary was the amperage side of the dipole and the secondary
                        was the voltage side of the dipole as a system! just another tid-bit
                        from DON!

when I proof my new build I will add a ACV cap storage bank and be ready to feed into a distribution type composite type transformer.

just one more tid bit of personal observation - having sized the wire awg and dia and turn info from the barker and williams product site I made the choices I have shown above because both of those full length coils from the factory had almost equal UH values and I reasoned that each turn from one coil should have a reasonable reasonant relationship with turns from the other coil and I do believe it was close. take the inductance of each coil and multiply it by its parallel reasonant cap value and you will see that it matches way into the decimal values. also take the greater inductance value and divide it by the lesser and then take the greater capacitance value and divide it by the lesser and you will again find a match into the decimal value. just thought I would throw that in.

nuff! mike, onward!

Comment

• Driver

Hello Gedfire,

the old BLACK BOX was a driver which I built from specs in PJK chap #3 and it wasnt satifactory for the job, so it wont be used again.

1. BATT - 7ah gel 12v
                          2. COMBINATION INVERTOR DRIVER (build not complete yet-schematic later)

nuff! mike, onward!
                          Thanks for responding.Wish you all the best.

Ged

Comment

Is it possible to construct a tesla coil that outputs 10 or 12 volts? How would you do it?
                            Hi Ged, Well 12 volts output is pretty low, but sure, it is certainly do-able. It just depends what the voltage of the input signal is that you are driving the primary with, and what the turns ratio of the tesla coil is. If you want to test with lower voltages, you can feed the primary of a tesla coil with a pulse generator circuit that pulses at say 12V, or with a signal generator that generates say 10V peak, and if your turns ratio is 1:10, then you would be getting about 100V - 120V peak on the secondary or so, if you operate at around the secondary resonant frequency. If you use smaller amplitude pulses or a smaller amplitude sinewave at the primary input, you will get less voltage generated across the secondary. When your pulse generator frequency or your signal generator frequency is at the tesla coil's resonant frequency, you will get your maximum voltage across the secondary.

I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly regarding ambient/Zero Point Energy. I see everything as possibilities and different theories and concepts about such things as something like proposed tentative working models. If I can put such concepts and models to actual practical use to achieve practical results, then I will make use of them. If I can't derive any practical results from such various ideas or tentative working models or whatever, then I won't use them.
                            Last edited by level; 02-11-2013, 01:22 AM.
                            level

Comment

That is my quest now level.So in due time I will rebuild with all new parts test and post.

If you don't mind i would like to ask you the following questions:

Regards,
                              Ged
                              hi there, you could also just ratio the turns out so that 12v was the output of the stepdown coil.

or take a large sheet of aluminum, surround your secondary with it in a way that it almost connects, but leave a small space, so that the entire sheet acts as 1 HUGE turn, then use that as your stepdown coil.
                              it may or may not be 12v range, but it will be the lowest possible voltage obtainable (1 turn)

Someone here posted a german site that explained it well, i cant find it now tho
                              In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                              In the expert's mind there are few.
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                                hey Paul, question... where are Don's devices since his passing?
                                Hi Kurt,

Well I originally assumed Bruce had them when he told me he had "Don's materials" such as his original GDTs. It turns out he meant digital materials, which some of you now have.

It turns out that Don's son, Marcus is a Mormon and apparently saw his father's work as the devils.

My detective work ended with the address on Don's website matching the google maps streetview picture to the picture in Don Smith's Library.

When I reached this point I almost wrote to Don's wife / son at his home address.

I decided not to in respect for Don and called an end to my detective work.

I'm sure his family don't want to be bothered.

The last question I asked Bruce about it I received this reply.

"I have no idea what has happened to Don's builds and I'm not in contact with Marcus."

I also tried to trace the name "Emanual Everest", who was pictured in one of the newest photos.

I can only assume that was his name because the .jpg file was called that.

For me I reached a dead end.

I tried my hardest to compile all the info together so myself and others could explore the available information.

Maybe one of you guys will make a break through where my research ended.

All the best,

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X