Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by level View Post
    Hey Ged. Thanks for the video links, and it looks like you are doing some interesting experiments there! That guy in the first video who is powering the TV is kind of funny. Interesting videos.

The thing is though, those capacitors have to be charged up first and it should consume the same amount of power to initially charge the capactors as the capacitors have available to power a load. That's the kicker.
    You are welcome, yes experimenting is the way to go.Like Don said he put himself in Teslas mind.To unlock wht Don was hiding you have to watch all his videos, what he did not show or say in one shows up in another or on another device.

I went back to Tesla when I got confused.Tesla just had a high voltage high frequency coil charging a capacitor,had a spark gap, and pulse to a transformer.

He had the aerial device.

I just thought I would modernise as Don did.

So,I am seeing through Dons work just now.Not only that I have examined countless work on the web and patents.So thats how you solve the puzzle.

My own experiments has helped considerably.As you said that is the way to go.

The trick is now to charge the Capacitors at HIGH FREQUENCY .(Analogous to turning the rotor of a generator faster)I say 50kHz to 1Mhz like they use in PSU.(The enginneers know why they do this! Read up on PSU design and see how they shunt excess energy to ground!)

HIGH FREQUENCY charging is key.I will show you some Spice Sim later with thousands of amps been produced.

By the way ,there are other videos that show fast capacitor charging, especially with a joule thief setup.

Several papers exist online that show studies on fast charging caps.I will link those in later.

One extremely important thing I have noted is the fact that Don said ITS HOW OFTEN WE CYCLE THE ELECTRONS and COLLECT the energy as they return to ambient that determine power.( See five part interview part 1 .Best explanation in my opinion.

So you can cycle 12 volts at 100hz and collect the energy with a capacitor .Cycle 12 volts AGAIN ,this time at 1 Mhz and the power collected by your favourite self healing cap will much greater.

E=0.5 x C x v squared x frequency

If you are playing with coils you have to hunt down the elusive resonance.But with caps its much easier, Donald Smith knew that and so he kept showing his pulse capacitor plate setup and his commercial device and even the lastest videos had mostly capacitor based solutions.

Clean's work with the bifilar based induction heater should be the one to watch for as there is no self induction to stop high frequency currents thus you end of getting most of the available energy.

Don Smith's work progressed from the one transistor coil deal plus the multiple coil receiver at resonance and functioning at over 200Mhz to mostly capacitor based devices at a much lower frequency.That is why he said in one of his pdf that you should use capacitors with a as large a capacity as possible as it allows you to use a lower frequency.A theory confirmed by calculations and my own work with LT Spice.

Here is how the reactions were on the physics forum.I encourage everyone to join, do not mention tesla, Donald Smith Overunity etc as you may be blocked in your progress, they are kinda real sensitive over there.Ask questions about stuff,like I did.Note the answers.

Here is what happened when I asked the hf capacitor charging question.

Charging a Capacitor with High Frequency DC voltage

I am happy with the results of my experiments and results so far, nothing beats that.

This was posted recently: Freeze it and take notes.Notice frequency chances and the result.

Don Smith Table Top Device Part 4 - YouTube

Ged
    Last edited by Gedfire; 02-06-2013, 08:30 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
      Several papers exist online that show studies on fast charging caps.I will link those in later.
      One extremely important thing I have noted is the fact that Don said ITS HOW OFTEN WE CYCLE THE ELECTRONS and COLLECT the energy as they return to ambient that determine power.( See five part interview part 1 .Best explanation in my opinion.
      So you can cycle 12 volts at 100hz and collect the energy with a capacitor then cycle 12 volts ,this time at 1 Mhz and the power collected by your favourite self healing cap much greater.
      Ged
      OK, that's really interesting GED. I will definitely do some experiments in that area to see if I can see any measureable difference in results.
      level

Comment

• rmcybernetics.com has an informative article on a diy induction cooker.according to the comment section this circuit can drive a pancake coil.
        Last edited by hotrod68r; 07-06-2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Don Smith's work progressed from the one transistor coil deal plus the multiple coil receiver at resonance and functioning at over 200Mhz to mostly capacitor based devices at a much lower frequency.That is why he said in one of his pdf that you should use capacitors with a as large a capacity as possible as it allows you to use a lower frequency.A theory confirmed by calculations and my own work with LT Spice.
          Hi Ged. In which PDF did Don say to use large capacitors so you can use a lower frequency? I don't recall reading anything like that from Don. What sort of circuit was he referring to?

Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
          This was posted recently: Freeze it and take notes.Notice frequency chances and the result.
          Don Smith Table Top Device Part 4 - YouTube
          Ged
          I previously posted an explanation of what is going on in that video, and what is happening is not related to what you mentioned. It is not related to higher frequencies having more energy causing the bulb to light. There are actually two ways to look at it. Such a circuit configuration works as a high pass filter which attenuates lower frequencies but passes higher frequencies of the squarewave to the load. Another way to look at it is from a transient response point of view where such an RC arrangement acts as a differentiator. At squarewave frequencies below a certain cutoff frequency determined by the values of R and C, the differentiator converts a squarewave into sharp pulses. The lower the frequency, the narrower the pulses. When using a higher frequency squarewave, the lower frequency components of the squarewave as well as the higher frequency components are all able to pass through to the load, so the load has more power delivered to it. The circuit is basically frequency selective, so that is why it doesn't pass much power to the load at lower frequencies.
          Last edited by level; 02-06-2013, 11:07 PM.
          level

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
            rmcybernetics.com has an informative article on a diy induction cooker.according to the comment section this circuit can drive a pancake coil.
            wow, like my teacher would say:
            that must be in the ~shinobi wind~ right now
            (when like-minded people think and do the same things)

and it would be interesting just to see how pro electricians would build a solid state pancake driver eh?

good find, i love RMCybernetics!
            In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
            In the expert's mind there are few.
            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

1...HIGH FREQUENCY charging is key.I will show you some Spice Sim later with thousands of amps been produced.

2...Clean's work with the bifilar based induction heater should be the one to watch for as there is no self induction to stop high frequency currents thus you end of getting most of the available energy.

3...A theory confirmed by calculations and my own work with LT Spice.

4...Here is how the reactions were on the physics forum.I encourage everyone to join, do not mention tesla, Donald Smith Overunity etc as you may be blocked in your progress, they are kinda real sensitive over there.Ask questions about stuff,like I did.Note the answers.

Ged
              1... DUDE, im interested, you are highly skilled if you can build circuits on that.. let alone get exciting results!

2... hehe the recent bifilar pancake experiments using the induction cooker was started afaik by monsieur JLNaudin
              RomeroUk, Mopozco, and other awesome builders are working on it too

3... i would love to see that

4... great idea, to just ask and not say
              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Mr. Clean.....let me just wait until u get those measurements.
                Ged
                struggling to stay calm and objective...
                Hi Ged and all, i took watt readings and checked output wave on my scope,

(so far) nothing too spectacular, it looks like the bulbs are actually 200 watt bulbs i was using the other day, 400 watts total and the input is about 430 watts to the induction plate.

then the lights only out of the wattmeter, 425 watts draw at 115 v
                So i dont see OU at the moment... BUT i didnt tune the coil for 18khz, and i didnt use any feedback, so we'll see.
                My LCR is dead again, but i think the coils may be 30uH so id need 2.44uF to resonante at 18khz .. no prob

next the scope across the running load, looks like pulsed DC (a slightly rounded square wave ) at roughly 18.66kHz with a kind of delay between pulsing. ....:::.:::.:::.:::... ...:::.:::.:::.:::.. ..:::.:::.:::.:::...

i think the company who made it deliberately kept it below radio freq, which may or may not be doomed to Ohms law, but im looking forward to more testing
                its actually pretty cool... seeing as how it's not even into the radio frequency, and still doing a pretty good job as acting like a radio transmitter, i think if the freq was raised it would help using waves rather than fields for this air cored transfer
                Last edited by mr.clean; 02-07-2013, 01:41 AM.
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• have you tried ground connection/s on that setup mr clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
                    have you tried ground connection/s on that setup mr clean.
                    no i didnt, but will try in the future im gonna pick up one of my own of these, but in the meantime has anyone seen Mopozco's recent "Forge" vid using the bifilar pancake?
                    You gotta love this guy, and he is kind enough to speak english for us
                    induction transformer (INTR) - "induction forge" - YouTube

and im sure Woopy has something planned
                    gegene replication 4 - YouTube

also, i have yet to see anyone but TinselKoala on youtube use dual tuned bifilar L1 and L2, clearly a winner, watch his demo using JT circuit, and direction of turns was very important
                    Joule Thief: Sohei Thoth's "Wireless" Bifilar JT, Enhanced - YouTube
                    Last edited by mr.clean; 02-08-2013, 12:16 AM.
                    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• hehe..... .... i think everyone is busy making bifilar pancake coils
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                        hehe..... .... i think everyone is busy making bifilar pancake coils
                        mmm, pancakes...
                        level

Comment

• here's one brand of induction cooker with the lid off.bit of a litz winding.
                          Last edited by hotrod68r; 07-06-2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• Large Caps Low Frequency etc

Originally posted by level View Post
                            Hi Ged. In which PDF did Don say to use large capacitors so you can use a lower frequency? I don't recall reading anything like that from Don. What sort of circuit was he referring to?

See print screens below.

Originally posted by level View Post
                            I previously posted an explanation of what is going on in that video, and what is happening is not related to what you mentioned. It is not related to higher frequencies having more energy causing the bulb to light. There are actually two ways to look at it. Such a circuit configuration works as a high pass filter which attenuates lower frequencies but passes higher frequencies of the squarewave to the load. Another way to look at it is from a transient response point of view where such an RC arrangement acts as a differentiator. At squarewave frequencies below a certain cutoff frequency determined by the values of R and C, the differentiator converts a squarewave into sharp pulses. The lower the frequency, the narrower the pulses. When using a higher frequency squarewave, the lower frequency components of the squarewave as well as the higher frequency components are all able to pass through to the load, so the load has more power delivered to it. The circuit is basically frequency selective, so that is why it doesn't pass much power to the load at lower frequencies.
                            I have read your explanations but as usual I would love a second, third, fourth ,opinion/advise etc from other sources.Too bad I don't have the stuff to do what looks like a simple experiment to me.Hopefully all will agree that if it walks like...,quacks like.... then it IS a ......etc

I am also going to try to contact the orginator of the video just to hear his views and those of others who might have experimented with this.All this for my own edification.

Regards,

Ged
                            Last edited by Gedfire; 06-19-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

See print screens below.
                              Hi Ged. Thanks. I will look them over...

Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                              See print screens below.
                              I have read your explanations but as usual I would love a second, third, fourth ,opinion/advise etc from other sources.Too bad I don't have the stuff to do what looks like a simple experiment to me.Hopefully all will agree that if it walks like...,quacks like.... then it IS a ......etc
                              No worries mate. You don't need to take my word for it, as there is lots of reference material on the internet that goes into great detail into how these types of circuits work. These are actually very common circuits. There are two variations of this sort of passive RC circuit configuration. The RC passive high pass filter / differentiator configuration, and the RC passive low pass filter / integrator. Here's an example:
                              RC Filters, Integrators and Differentiators

Last edited by level; 02-09-2013, 08:52 AM.
                              level

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                                Bam, what a good post

i see that 2001 video is back
                                Hello Mr Clean,

clarence,

I reviewed the 2001 DS vid again myself - its amazeing to know and see over and over again don openly telling all who would listen---that the small board device he is showing and holding IS THE HEART OF HIS BLACK SUITCASE DEVICE!

The other things that are missing are:
                                1. the 7ah gel batt
                                2.the leads from the batt/ 1/4 of L1 length
                                3.the two oposed leads LEDS connected in the positive batt wire which would show when the batt was being charged or discharged during system run (receiving energy from the reasonant L1 LITZ windings -- the same windings that gave him the shock he spoke of
                                4.the capacitor with its value to make L1 reasonate - stated that it was now missing from the terminal strip where the loose connection was.

you can count the number of turns on the litz wire if you look close, also the NST is still the old bentee type which generaly ran at 30 khz so divide 988 by 30 (call it khz or mhz it is immaterial as 30khz is a harmonic of 30mhz) and you will have the total wire length of the two L2 coils wound on the black magnetic tape which should be roughly 32 ft and correspondingly the length of the litz wire would be 8 ft. when the litz wire is wound it would give the amount of windings you can see in the video!
                                PJK shows a complete component schematic in chapter #3 for full component of the suitcase model. If it was me, I would just settle for the heart of the device as shown in the 2001 video and use just that to feed an appropriate size AC cap storage bank and then ultimately feed a proper sized HV composite core distribution transformer to power whatever loads you would want. just remember to adjust the frequency fed into the the HV transformer to 60 (or 50)hz by placeing the proper resistor/capacitor comb across the primary of the transformer with the cap value in agreement with the uH value of the primary winding of the transformer as DON said to do and it will resonate at the 60 or 50 hz needed.

Please remember that none of dons devices are toys and they can kill you if you get careless, this one included.

the only thing left is to build and enjoy! just my thoughts and repeated observations people - take it for whatever suits you!

mike,onward!
                                Last edited by clarence; 02-09-2013, 02:47 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Working...
                                X