Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post223133
    Last edited by Dave45; 01-28-2013, 11:23 PM.
    Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• hi mr.clean,

i found this on ANONIMUS FREE ENERGY / FreeEnergyLT / FreeEnergyLT

The writing on the Picture says, "Tariel prosil peredat narody", which might mean. "Tariel asked me to tell the people"

In my view, it could work
      What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by ctbenergy View Post
        hi mr.clean,

The writing on the Picture says, "Tariel prosil peredat narody", which might mean. "Tariel asked me to tell the people"

What do you think?
        that looks awesome, and if that actually came from Kapanadze, then to me it has credit !
        In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
        In the expert's mind there are few.
        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• What frequency?

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
          Im just experimenting with what ive interpreted, but i feel pretty confident with this concept
          I would like to know what frequency your replication was operating at when you got the image of the oscilloscope trace in the attached image of this post and the dimensions and # of turns in the Don Smith coils, if I understand your experiment. -- Thanks..
          There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

• I would say that this JT is extremely efficient.

If you just have 1.5v or less to feed, the mosfet wont do and a bipolar is better but if you have enough for the gate to switch, the mosfet is way more efficient.

The circut has no resistors (except for the gate bias but that is voltage controlled) so nothing to disipate heat.

The total current drawn is less than 60mA because the coil feeds back to the battery.

When the mosfet is on, its 0.3ohm to ground and when its off it is >1Mohm.
            In practise the coil is straight over the battery.
            Still it doesnt need a heatsink.

And it switches fast, VERY FAST, less than 50nS.

The coil is charged to 330mA before switched off and the kickback has nowhere to go as the mosfet isnt there anymore.

The pulse that is generated on the secondary is way over 300v and is radiant for sure.

The drawback is that power mosfets are expensive

This is the best JT I have ever built
            Attached Files

Comment

• By the way, I removed the switching noise by changing the trimmer from 5Kohm to 20Kohm instead.

Probably has to do with capacitance on the gate?

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                I would say that this JT is extremely efficient.

If you just have 1.5v or less to feed, the mosfet wont do and a bipolar is better but if you have enough for the gate to switch, the mosfet is way more efficient.

The circut has no resistors (except for the gate bias but that is voltage controlled) so nothing to disipate heat.

The total current drawn is less than 60mA because the coil feeds back to the battery.

When the mosfet is on, its 0.3ohm to ground and when its off it is >1Mohm.
                In practise the coil is straight over the battery.
                Still it doesnt need a heatsink.

And it switches fast, VERY FAST, less than 50nS.

The coil is charged to 330mA before switched off and the kickback has nowhere to go as the mosfet isnt there anymore.

The pulse that is generated on the secondary is way over 300v and is radiant for sure.

The drawback is that power mosfets are expensive

This is the best JT I have ever built
                Hi Janost thanks for sharing. Regarding coils you wound them to a toroid or a ferrite rod? How many turns?
                Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
                  Hi Janost thanks for sharing. Regarding coils you wound them to a toroid or a ferrite rod? How many turns?
                  Thanks
                  I did not wind it myself.
                  It is a 230v/2x6v 4.5VA transformer.
                  The resistance of the windings are 0.3ohms

But it should also work with a torroid or ferritecore with at least 2x40turns.
                  If the feedback to the battery is to work, the number of turns should be the same.

There is also some loss in the feedback diode as it has a drop of 0.7v
                  But its the only configuration that works for collecting the kickback to the battery.
                  Anything on the primary coil would short it out.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by janost; 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne.ct View Post
                    I would like to know what frequency your replication was operating at when you got the image of the oscilloscope trace in the attached image of this post and the dimensions and # of turns in the Don Smith coils, if I understand your experiment. -- Thanks..
                    hi buddy, at the time of this video, i was using my PVM500 HV/HF driver, running at 30khz or so
                    i was using a stepdown setup
                    108 turn primary CW
                    18 turn secondaries CW CCW connected +--+ (but you can just re-wire CW coils +-+- to get the same effect as CW CCW

the ramping up is the action of the primary charging and discharging, i think i was using 10nf on primary, but it is also a matter of setting the spark width to the right distance, or you lose the sharp pointy cut-off on the wave, and get dimmer light

i do find that you can get that same wave under other conditions, but the most exponential rising is found by HF and tuning primary to the driver freq

my exact freq was off, sorta, in this vid i was running at 26-31khz, but i think i had it all tuned at 53khz.

but guess what, 53khz didnt do that well in real life, for whatever reason 26.5khz (the exact half) was the best output

all that being said, when i get my PVM500 back from repair i will try it again, maybe ive counted out the coils too soon
                    Don Smith Device Project Part 32: Stepdown Coil Tune and Resonance at 53Khz - YouTube
                    Don Smith Device Project Part 31: 3 Watts In, 20 Watt Halogen Lit Bright - YouTube

i really think those vids are gems, but i think start here...

Imageshack - imagenxpa.jpg
                    and THEN add the coils and watch for any increases, i just dont want to cause anyone the frustration of coils if Don's ultimate design was not using them
                    Last edited by mr.clean; 01-29-2013, 02:49 PM.
                    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• wow thats intense, super creative man! i hope you dont open a wormhole or anything
                      ... when you throw the switch... have it on video...just in case lol
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Hey mr.clean,

I replicated ur no coil setup. Instead of neon transformer i used a kacher tesla coil + 40kV 1A diode. With exactly 15watt input to the TC i could make a 15 watt incandescent bulb shine very very bright, actually killed 3 of them within some minutes. 60 watts bulb worked bad, perhaps because i have no adjustable spark gap, but 3500V gas discharge tube. As capacitor i used 6x 1uF in series. This setup seems promising so far, thanks for sharing

Earlier someone posted something about ripple current concerning capacitors, im not sure but maybe this is same or similar like dV/dt values for caps? I think this is very important for us OU researchers, as it determines the abilitily of caps to change their voltages fast. Especially when using high frequency and high voltage this can be the essential point between a working OU device and a non working, because if caps cant handle the charge/discharge speed of the particular setup, it wont work as it should or dissipate all energy to heat in the caps or just blow em. So capacitors with high dV/dt value is a must i think, connecting them in series should give higher dV/dt, but im not sure. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can say something about this topic.

Kind regards,
                        mainsen
                        Last edited by mainsen; 01-29-2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctbenergy View Post
                          hi mr.clean,

What do you think?
                          im studying to put my mind inside this and comparing it to Kapanadze's coil.
                          Maybe... all the coils in the schem you posted are in that wiring configuration, but all wired onto the same core, and that ground wire that goes to load, could be the one that runs thru the middle of the coil

the switch connections are kind of a mystery to me, but could be the funtion of the transistors you see K monitoring in vids, or representing a spark event?

i am on freeenergyLT a lot, but this is new
                          this is gonna be fun to play with, thanks!
                          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mainsen View Post
                            Hey mr.clean,

I replicated ur no coil setup. Instead of neon transformer i used a kacher tesla coil + 40kV 1A diode. With exactly 15watt input to the TC i could make a 15 watt incandescent bulb shine very very bright, actually killed 3 of them within some minutes. 60 watts bulb worked bad, perhaps because i have no adjustable spark gap, but 3500V gas discharge tube. As capacitor i used 6x 1uF in series. This setup seems promising so far, thanks for sharing

Earlier someone posted something about ripple current concerning capacitors, im not sure but maybe this is same or similar like dV/dt values for caps? I think this is very important for us OU researchers, as it determines the abilitily of caps to change their voltages fast. Especially when using high frequency and high voltage this can be the essential point between a working OU device and a non working, because if caps cant handle the charge/discharge speed of the particular setup, it wont work as it should or dissipate all energy to heat in the caps or just blow em. So capacitors with high dV/dt value is a must i think, connecting them in series should give higher dV/dt, but im not sure. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can say something about this topic.

Kind regards,
                            mainsen
                            thats great to hear
                            and you may have better luck with even smaller capacitance, i've gotten good results with 5 and 10 nf, it just depends on your particular transformer output. and yeah id start with matching the bulb to input power as you did, then add double the bulbs and see what you needed to change to get them fully lit. if you dont see for example 50 watts brightness, for 30 watts input... then i recommend using a regular full size NST having a center tap to case/ground

And i found it is necesary to ground the transformer as well, so i could be wrong with single ended trafo's but center tapped trafo's will work just like mine did
                            also, due to using the cap on output as i have the schem, best to use DC bulbs not AC, but you will still get some effect

just curious, did you use both ends of transformer output to 2 diodes coming together, and ground for neg side?
                            Last edited by mr.clean; 01-29-2013, 05:40 PM.
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• To Mr Clean

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                              hi man, i have had some luck charging electrolytics, but i have also blown them up with as little as my Bedini motor
                              if its a dry cap (oil filled and no polarity) then it can handle abuse a little better, but they basically need to be rated for the voltage you are hitting them with.

...the reason is to me not so much dangerous they just arc over internally, and you see nothing happening but the sound of an overworked spark gap in short circuit
                              (from my experience they get dangerous when they are FULL and still recieving charge and no load using it)
                              ...and like overvolting bulbs, there is no light because the pos and neg have found an easier way to reach eachother, and avoid the load, (or charging the cap) even tho the power is possibly there.

that being said, the familiar Big 4 caps on my double helix Smith board are only rated 2kv and in parallel they are only 40 uf....

....but my point is they charge Excellent even tho im applying more than 30,000 v! (but the diodes are always too hot, anyway)

one thing about that is tho, the caps seem to need to be entered from the outer ends like Don's,
                              if you hook up all caps in para, then connect to the terminals on only one cap, and it will favour that cap and arc internally.
                              but if you enter the caps from the opposite ends, it seems to work great

my only particular problem is the caps on my double helix board wont charge if on load. only if they are intermitantly on and off to be able to build up (wierd i know)
                              Thats why ive recently taken off the coils and am experimenting that way, and am seeing the best results yet. (but not using large storage caps)
                              Now im basically matching the supply of power from NST and Earth, at 60 volts .4 amps input, it fills 10kv @.1uf =5 Joules at spark freq about 250hz resulting approx 50 watts output (as seen in my last vid)

IT IS WAY MORE than the NST only, as seen in my last vid, and a person is almost guaranteed to be dead if you got in between the hot and ground wires lol
                              ...ONE pop from 10kv.1uf and you will Never forget it (ive done it lots).... but 10kv.1uf ...250 times in one sec?!?... hmm i dont think i could handle that
                              anyway, dont blow up
                              Yes Mr. Clean,

Let me say that you seem very close to if not THERE in terms of having a working device.

Some months ago,I was just charging caps.Did light up a flourescent, but the cap lost charge when on a load.Apparently, two things are needed.A larger cap.(I was using microwave caps at 0.65uF 2000v)I was putting a charge of 400 volts @ 4khz on em from a flyback driver system.

My calculation show that I need to (a) increase the cap size and/or
                              (b) increase frequency.

Continue with your interesting experiments Sir, just that I need to catch up on your lastest videos.

And yes 12 volts at 200 amps was that it? Well if you have a super cap you can have that .

Next thing, I like the suggestion, connect up the caps ala Don style.

He does that for the cap banks in his devices.

Keep up the good work.

Ged

Comment

• Originally posted by mainsen View Post
                                Hi mainsen. Placing a bulb (or other type of load) between the pulse cap and ground causes the load to be subjected to narrow high voltage/high current pulses. Those high voltage/high current pulses are likely going to cause various types of bulbs to fail much quicker than normal. Mr clean has been using halogen bulbs I believe, and from what I understand the brightness of light given off by a halogen bulb increases exponentially with an increase in voltage, so the brightness increases at a much greater rate than the actual increase in voltage. In other words, the brightness a given type of lightbulb is giving off when not being supplied with the exact type of waveform and voltage they are designed for can potentially be deceiving, and is probably not a reliable way to estimate power being consumed by the load.

If we are talking about ripple current, then that would be di/dt. If you exceed this rating for a given capacitor, your capacitor can overheat and fail. You should be able to judge if this is an issue by feeling the body of the pulse capacitor after running the sparkgap for a minute, and if the capacitor is getting warm or hot, then you are probably already close to or exceeding its ripple current rating. Make sure you fully discharge your pulse capacitor before you start handling it!

I have done more testing with a similar type of arrangement to mr clean's no coil sparkgap driver setup, and what I did was use two 1 ohm power resistors in series as my load. With only about 9 Watts input power, both 1 ohm resistors get quite hot after about one minute, but that would be about 4.5 watts being dissipated by each 1 ohm resistor, and that certainly will make a 1 ohm, 10 Watt power resistor get quite hot after a minute. I have compared the amount of heat by just connecting the same 1 ohm, 10 watt power resistor to my adjustable DC power supply and set the voltage to about 2.1V, and the resistor also gets quite hot after about one minute. So, that is actually an easy way to get a rough idea about what kind of power is actually being delivered to the load. Although there are very large voltage spikes being applied to the load, these pulses are fairly narrow and it seems that the RMS equivalent voltage is not really all that high.

Comparing the heat dissipated by the power resistors, in my setup I do not seem to be getting any more power delivered to the power resistors than I am driving the input with. I believe mr. clean's setup is a bit different than mine in that he is using a 120VAC, 60Hz NST which has a ground lug, and I am using a 12VDC NST which has no ground lug, so it is possible that his different arrangement is giving different results.
                                Last edited by level; 01-29-2013, 07:01 PM.
                                level

Comment

Working...
                                X