Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
    I'll make a better drawing soon. I hope you kept it still. It is only an idea and I
    haven't tried it yet myself but I don't see why it shouldn't work to some degree
    I think there should be only one plate section on each static element,
    It should be one quarter, if you use more than one static element they should be in parallel
    with each other and same phase (placement) the static plate connects to positive of
    the DC supply the negative goes to the center tap. The rotating element
    should have two separate quarter plates opposite each other like butterfly
    wings, each one of those connects to the other two ends of the primary.

Or the negative could connect to the static plate and the positive go to the
    center tap. Actually that might work better.

When the two opposite rotating plates are positioned at 90 degrees to the
    static plate there should be no plates opposite each other and so zero
    capacitance, but maybe in practice there would be some, i think you're right
    there.

Then when one of the two rotating plates is over the static plate it should make a capacitor.

Anyway I think I'm at fault for not explaining properly.

Or if two separate plates are used on one static element they should be
    opposite quarters also separate and connected to positive and negative
    then no center tap would be needed, but i'm not sure that would work as well.

I would use a pair of microwave transformers for the step down, connecting
    them together correctly might take some thinking. Two transformers can make
    a center tapped transformer and MOT's can be joined by the cores as well.

Then there is the actual capacitance, maybe it is way too small for 60 Hz.
    Could you measure it if it still together ?

Cheers

P.S. Was the applied DC a Charged capacitor or fed from a rectifier ?

Hi Farmhand, Yes I still have the apparatus just not all connected together electrically. I can see how having just two plates per electrical polarity could be better. The only issue with that would be the frequency would be wrong (or am I wrong?). for a 4 pole generator the speed is 1800 rpms. If you change it to a two pole unit, then the speed needs to be 3600 rpms to give 60 hz output.

Here is the speed frequency formula:
    Alternator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Im not sure if this counts as a double pole unit or a 4 pole unit.

About the MOTs (Microwave Oven Transofrmers) That's a great idea! Didn't think about that. Currently I only have one thats good (others got burned up in a long distance energy test). I will have to talk to the neighbors and see if they have any old ones I can scrounge parts from.

As far as I can tell the capacitance is .175 nf right now, but can be adjusted by spacing the glass reels farther or closer together. Perhaps I need to rebuild this with closer tolerances and much larger plate sizes.

Thanks for the mental stimulation on this.
    Ken

P.S. High voltage D.C. was fed from an insulation tester which shows voltage and microampers flowing.
    Last edited by kenssurplus; 01-23-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomata View Post
      @Mr clean
      Are you using the power from the wall? i mean the 230v or 110v ? Or a Battery ?
      Because if you do use power from the line then what looks like you doing is bypassing the diode.So actually is not earthing your using but neutral.This is because the Earth is the neutral of the electrical company's transformer.

Best test to do is to use a battery so you separate yourself from the power of the electrical company and then use the earth.
      Yes im aware of the need to make this all DC, for monitoring as well as portability
      im using 110 out of the wall, hence the wattmeter, in-line analog ammeter, and the in-line 1 ohm resistor.
      And i actually havent tried it, but are you saying that if you took the hot wire out of your wall plug, and ran it to ground, it would work any appliance just fine? i kinda thought it needed to be on the circuit

its clear the power company would see was the 33 - 48 watts running the primary, the output separate from the grid or no?
      hehe so the power company might see approx 33-48 watts going to use, while the return neutral recieves approx 50-100 watts? hmm maybe, i really dont know.

it should be easy enough for anyone to try at this point

but yes my intention is a DC setup ultimately
      In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
      In the expert's mind there are few.
      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
        And i actually havent tried it, but are you saying that if you took the hot wire out of your wall plug, and ran it to ground, it would work any appliance just fine?
        Yes it will work if a good earthing is there.And it will write on the meter all the energy that is leaving from the wall to the ground (neutral).
        I watching your experiments...hope you will find a gem.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomata View Post
          Yes it will work if a good earthing is there.And it will write on the meter all the energy that is leaving from the wall to the ground (neutral).
          I watching your experiments...hope you will find a gem.
          ok good to know!
          much appreciated, i hope so too
          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• hey, how important is it to ground the case of NST ?

also regarding the grounding ... are we concerned with the ground being the Return Neutral? .....

... that is irrelevant then, as the ground is not being used to complete a closed circuit (return neutral).... its being used as the source of Neg charge to charge the cap

so i dont think im getting power company AC .... im simply collecting neg charge from the ground... right?

also, at times i was grounding the centertap along with the case on NST, and didnt see the gain i am now, how is that different than with or without coils, no reason to be different, but i get more light now ?!?

And... what was the point of Kapanadze burying the radiator in the ground so deep along with the water pipe grounding?

...just want to mention also that there is no tingling on the fingers on the ground wire going to gap, as well as the entire line coming from the ground wire, just up till the load,
            ...where the hot and cold meet, causing the "lightning storm" in the load?

also reminds me of Kapanadze expressing significance of being able to touch the ground wire (cant understand the language tho)
            Last edited by mr.clean; 01-21-2013, 11:40 PM.
            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• hey, i tried a few things with these...

guess what?... if you put one in series with the load, then put second coil on top...
              .. you can fully short-circuit the top coil, and has no effect on the load...

so like RomeroUk, im going to get a grid-tie inverter to feed a power bar, for the NST (later my PVM500 60khz driver) and feed back all i can to some rectifiers, capacitors, and to the Grid-tie inverter...
              Last edited by mr.clean; 05-09-2013, 06:05 AM.
              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by rosehillworks View Post
                Thinking about what you said I remembered this site please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Multi-Spark Gap Experiments
                thats very interesting, and i read that a little while ago on a Russian forum

the only thing i have a problem with, is that EVERY single instance showed above 100% efficiency!?!?

...it would be nice to see something that did NOT work for them to have something to compare

but i REALLY need to try carbon and tungsten for my spark!
                Thanks

And if anyone remembers my awful earliest vids, anyway my point is i used a multi-gap spark-gap, so that i could turn up the voltage higher without having such a wide spark-gap, so with such claims and knowing it does help, multiple gaps again are great idea!
                yes good find man!
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• "[QUOTE=mr.clean;222466]

but i REALLY need to try carbon and tungsten for my spark!
                  Thanks "

Here is why I think carbon is so important. It is a lot to go over but I think
                  it is well worth it.

The Vallée Synergetic Generator Project by JL Naudin

THE VSG experiment

"This experiment is fully based on the Prof René-Louis Vallée Synergetic theory1. The purpose of this experiment is to find a simple and reproducible device which is able to produce the nuclear reaction claimed by the Prof R.L. Vallée. The main material used in this device is a pure carbon rod. Here, the carbon is not consumed by the reaction, it acts as a pump Vs the Vacuum EM energy.

So, according to the Prof R.L. Vallée theory, the required condition to get the Synergetic effect is :

To align the fields of the electrons and the nucleus of the carbon atoms by the use of a colinear E-Field and B-Field,

the energy of external photons (g) is used to absorb the kinetic energy of the electrons,

so, the stopped electrons can be attracted by the carbon nucleus,

a nuclear reaction begins: the Carbon is transmuted into radioactive Boron (which has a radioactive decay of 20ms)

then, the vacuum energy is tapped by the nucleus and the Boron is transmuted back to Carbon while a strong pulse of 13 Mev is sent''

This is also a good reason to be well informed and careful when using Carbon spark gaps in combination with a B-field!!
                  I hope the info is useful and helps. Thanks.
                  Last edited by rosehillworks; 01-22-2013, 07:58 AM.
                  William Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by Solarlab View Post
                    Consider this simplified series circuit:
                    Source -> 10 ohm resistor [R1] -> {Black Box Circuit} -> 10 ohm resistor [R2] -> Load
                    There is only a single Source, R1 = R2 = 10 ohm, then how can R1 be cold and R2 be hot? Possibly another "source" in the Black Box Circuit?
                    I am not sure what your point is, as I fully understand that RMS values can be determined by the amount of heat being produced, and at least some better quality true rms meters use a method similar to that. Anyway, for your example, if the source is say 120VAC and the current through the 10 ohm resistor is say 0.25A, we will be dissipating 0.625W in the 10 ohm source resistor R1. If the resistor is a 10W power resistor, it will likely not be too hot. If the black box contains a step down transformer, and steps the voltage down to say 24VAC, and let's say the load equals about 10 ohms as well. Then we would have 12V across the 10 ohm resistor R2, giving a current of 1.2A. The power dissipated by the 10 ohm resistor R2 would be 14.4 watts. If it is also a 10 watt resistor, it wouldn't take long for the resistor to over heat and maybe burn up and fail. So, you don't need another source in the black box. Just a transformer could produce exactly this sort of results. Again, not sure what your point was with that.
                    level

Comment

• spark gaps

"The filament of the magnetron is generally made of a tungsten metal material containing a small amount of thorium, and a carbonized layer is formed on the surface of the cathode including the filament to facilitate the release of the thermal electrons."
                      A magnetron heats a filament that releases electrons which are spun by a magnetic field past resonant cavity's.
                      A spark gap should produce the same electrons if doped with thorium
                      And positioned right so as to be influenced by the magnetic field.
                      Some interesting research, look at magnetron and radar tech, you wont be sorry.
                      Radar Basics - Magnetron
                      Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• The outside of the magnetron is made of copper and connects all the chambers, I wonder if one end of a wire were soldered to this and wound into a coil on the outside of the magnetron, then shield the emitter so it cant radiate could we pull energy from the magnetron. If we connected the system to a variac we could control the output.
                        One in every home

Comment

• remove the aluminum cooling fins and wind a coil on the magnetron,
                          just an idea

Comment

• If this were possible and ran to a load how would one connect back to the system after the load?

Comment

• A magnetron is basically a diode with a little extra kick
                              Last edited by Dave45; 01-22-2013, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Or we could make a resonant chamber that isnt such high frequency

Radar Basics

Comment

Working...
                                X