No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everyone, got some new stuff, i feel its the beginning of a whole new angle on this build, anyway im too tired to explain, and i think i said all the important stuff in the vids, but can answer questions if any

part1
    42A Don Smith Device: Simplifying, Further Understanding - YouTube
    part2
    42B Don Smith Device: continued - YouTube

input was 32 watts to the entire system, feeding the variac set at 60v, so it had to be under that which was going to the NST primary, and output i measured across in-line 1 ohm resistor, 2.5 - 3 amps , and 45vac across the bulb
    Last edited by mr.clean; 01-17-2013, 09:00 AM.
    In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
    In the expert's mind there are few.
    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Presentation 2005

Hi all!
      Such noise can not understand some words. Translated as I could.

Presentation 2005
      Last edited by Davi; 01-17-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Hello Zilano!
        I'm in process of building Don Smith board device.
        Could you please clarify quick question for me. I read all the forum through and studied ur older deleted posts but could not find the information.

Looking at Don Smith board device the secondary coil with 17+17 turns has CW winding direction.

What winding direction does have primary L1 coil with 5 turns? CW or CCW?

Thank you!

A.
        Last edited by algavrik; 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davi View Post
          Hi all!
          Presentation 2005
          Thanks for the translation. I read something about that some sort of deal arose with investors from Turkey or something along those lines, but not sure what happened with that, or if that is actually what happened. Have you come across any information on that?

I am inclined to think that Kapanadze's generators may well really work, but it is puzzling that he doesn't seem to have arranged any deal with any investors to start making the devices.

level

Comment

• Originally posted by Davi View Post
            Hi all!

Presentation 2005
            Wow thanks, that was really cool,
            Hey speaking of investors and financial offers, Kapanadze apparently has many, but most just want to steal it
            Wasnt he even poisoned once?
            Anyway thanks to u and P. Vasili (prob misspelled) i cant wait to see an official circuit release from Tariel, but there seems to be many successul concept replicators on FreeenergyLT thats for sure, and many similarities among them.

Now im wondering about coils again lol
            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Yeah I heard he was poisoned too.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                hi everyone, got some new stuff, i feel its the beginning of a whole new angle on this build, anyway im too tired to explain, and i think i said all the important stuff in the vids, but can answer questions if any

input was 32 watts to the entire system, feeding the variac set at 60v, so it had to be under that which was going to the NST primary, and output i measured across in-line 1 ohm resistor, 2.5 - 3 amps , and 45vac across the bulb
                You can't use regular multimeters to accurately measure an AC waveform that is voltage spikes, and where the frequency is above 100 Hz or so. Also the readings on those type of AC socket plug in type wattmeters can be affected a lot by EM noise feeding back from the sparkgap. Also makes for unrealiable power measurements. Your input and output power measurements are likely not going to be very accurate at all. Your demo does demonstrate some interesting things though. Your 1 ohm power resistor, which I think is in series with the bulb, is getting quite hot so you obviously do have some half decent current flowing, and that would be expected when discharging a capacitor being charged to a high voltage, in pulses through a sparkgap. The high voltage capacitor discharge pulses (again, won't show on your multimeter ), should produce some big current spikes as well, which you have passing through the bulb. It is interesting that you observe the light getting a fair bit brighter when using your earth ground connection on the load, as this demonstrates that using earth ground is having some sort of effect on the load. Without proper measurements, we can't draw any definite conclusions about actual power increase, but there does appear to be a noticeble boost or change there of some degree. So, I think you have done a really good job in demonstrating that there could be a possible advantage of using a good earth ground when using these types of circuits to try to achieve over unity. However, your input and output power measurements that you have done in the video can't be relied on. Anyway, good demo of how using a good earth ground with this type of setup may possibly boost performance.

P.S. I did some testing with a similar setup as you had in your video, and I see an increase in power supply current when I add the ground lead to the load.
                I also notice that adding the ground lead to the load causes the sparkgap firing pattern to change a bit. So, although I do see a boost in power to the load when the ground wire is connected, I am also seeing a corresponding increase in input current from my power supply. I may post some more details on my test results a bit later...

Last edited by level; 01-18-2013, 12:45 AM.
                level

Comment

• @mr.clean

I am enjoying everything you have been showing here
                  I think you will enjoy this so please take a look AT&T Archives: Similiarities of Wave Behavior (Bonus Edition) - YouTube
                  William Reed

Comment

• 2nd stage

@mr.clean

I've the suspicion that the output voltage is much higher , than the volts the halogen lamp is rated for. If it's enough to drive a second sparc gap , then add a mot that is tuned to mains frequency via a paralell capacitor at the high voltage side. At the low voltage side you will get a sine wave that will allow you to make correct measurements.

Comment

• @mr.clean

I think you know what I am getting at with this

mcts.png
                      Last edited by rosehillworks; 01-17-2013, 08:52 PM.
                      William Reed

Comment

• I've built this MOSFET version of a Joule-Thief to get something oscillating on DC.

It uses a IRFP-450 MOSFET without heatsink and a 230v/2x6v transformer with a center-tap.

It draws 170mA@3.6v and the MOSFET is cold to the touch.

The problem is that it wont run on higher voltage than 3.6v
                        I tried at 6v and the MOSFET just remains fully on.

Is it because I'm not using a resistor on the gate?
                        It has a gate-threshold of max 4v.

Could someone throw a light on this?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                          I've built this MOSFET version of a Joule-Thief to get something oscillating on DC.
                          It uses a IRFP-450 MOSFET without heatsink and a 230v/2x6v transformer with a center-tap.
                          It draws 170mA@3.6v and the MOSFET is cold to the touch.
                          The problem is that it wont run on higher voltage than 3.6v
                          I tried at 6v and the MOSFET just remains fully on.
                          Is it because I'm not using a resistor on the gate?
                          It has a gate-threshold of max 4v.
                          Could someone throw a light on this?
                          You may be getting too much voltage feeding back to the gate from the winding that the gate is connected into. You can try adding a voltage divider circuit on the gate to lower the amplitude of the pulses feeding back to the gate. You could also try placing a low ohm value resistor in series with the gate, with one end connected to the gate. Try values between maybe 10 to 100 ohms. Maybe try the voltage divider first though. If you have a 10K pot, you could maybe try using that for the voltage divider on the gate winding lead that connects to the gate, and then you can make on the fly adjustments to the gate pulses amplitude.
                          level

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post
                            You may be getting too much voltage feeding back to the gate from the winding that the gate is connected into. You can try adding a voltage divider circuit on the gate to lower the amplitude of the pulses feeding back to the gate. You could also try placing a low ohm value resistor in series with the gate, with one end connected to the gate. Try values between maybe 10 to 100 ohms. Maybe try the voltage divider first though. If you have a 10K pot, you could maybe try using that for the voltage divider on the gate winding lead that connects to the gate, and then you can make on the fly adjustments to the gate pulses amplitude.
                            Thanks.

I though that it might be the problem and since mosfets are voltage controlled it might need a divider.

I'll try a pot in a divider config.

Comment

• Originally posted by rosehillworks View Post
                              @mr.clean

I am enjoying everything you have been showing here
                              I think you will enjoy this so please take a look AT&T Archives: Similiarities of Wave Behavior (Bonus Edition) - YouTube
                              Cool vid, something that isnt spoken of, notice there is a wave on both sides of the torsion wire
                              Not just a single wave, we have to couple to both sides.
                              Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post

P.S. I did some testing with a similar setup as you had in your video, and I see an increase in power supply current when I add the ground lead to the load.
                                I also notice that adding the ground lead to the load causes the sparkgap firing pattern to change a bit. So, although I do see a boost in power to the load when the ground wire is connected, I am also seeing a corresponding increase in input current from my power supply. I may post some more details on my test results a bit later...

thanks buddy, so mainly good remarks thats positive, yes the meter is not RMS, thats why i mentioned it, i figure the volts across the load could be divided in half, but the v across the current probe were pretty solid
                                but the meter also told me 80%duty, and fluctuating 250-400 hz, so it seems to keep up fairly well, but the spark firing is like the carrier wave, and there is of course many higher frequencies within that, but bottom line is as you pointed out, that power is there, so much that it is now in serious possibility of being overunity

and certainly it is important to many, but i hate to just focus on numbers, as Farmhand and you have said, if it works, use it
                                and the thing is, its really not important to me im really not trying to prove anything, just share my experiments cause i want what has been demonstrated by those who have apparently had success

about the P.S.
                                hmm that sounds like you are using both HV output terminals as your source for running your system, and then adding a ground on the output?

that is not the way i have it,
                                if you are using the NST terminals for your pos and neg, there is no advantage to using the ground, cause the neg you are getting from your NST which is high voltage, which will run Out to lower V ground, (high pressure dissipating down to low pressure)
                                the way i see it, rather than In up thru your ground wire, it will want to run out... thru the path of least resistance... which is usually the wire to ground, not the load

you will however get a boost if you put the HV leads together, to get all the power the NST has, and put it all on one side of a cap, and attract a neg charge exclusively from the Earth

HV terminals rectified and connected
                                to one side of gap
                                to one side of cap

ground wire, to other side of gap
                                to load
                                to other side of cap
                                Last edited by mr.clean; 01-18-2013, 02:25 AM.
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X