Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very strange.

Everytime I make a successful experiment and shows the therories behind it the forumsite start falling apart.

Who is the owner of this forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
      Ok, an update on the current consumed in series configuration.

In this circuit the voltage feed is 12v, 11v across the bulb and 3v across the coil-primary.

Remember that the bulb alone draws 0.49Amps?

The total current drawn from the AC is 0.22Amps lighting a 0.49Amp bulb

That is COP 2.2, even better than before.

Now I'm getting somewhere
      cool stuff, do you have vids?
      In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
      In the expert's mind there are few.
      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Sorry, no vids but it's just a bulb

But i do have pictures.
        Last edited by janost; 03-26-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
          cool stuff, do you have vids?
          yea interesting stuff, wonder if it scalable to higher watts output?
          cheers

Comment

• I read a greate document by boguslaw about Q-factor and COP.

It is easy getting a huge inductor of 68H and a small capacitor of 150nF oscillating at resonance acting as a flyweel. It delivers almost 50watts/sec as the oscillations die away.

The hard thing is to exctract the energy.

The same thing can be done with DC with a motor and a heavy flywheel.
            You would not dare touching a 10Kg flywheel spinning at 4K RPM, it will burn your hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by vrand View Post
              yea interesting stuff, wonder if it scalable to higher watts output?
              cheers
              It must be scaled up.

If you rewind a MOT or in extreme case use a weldingtransformer?
              But what caps would you use?

In any case, to be of any use, it has to be much larger.

Comment

• The thing that got me on track is to use a transformer and the secondary at resonance instead of just a singel coil parallel with a cap.

It's like a gearbox.
                The secondary only carries around 30mA in resonance but the current gets transformed back and up to amps on the primary.

If put a scope on the primary and pulse it with a battery, there is like 10-15 cycles ringdown on the primary.
                And the primary is just 3ohms in resistance.

Or, Kurt, you could say that it is the BEMF that returning at the primary
                Last edited by janost; 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• OK, Janost, I will bite this time. Let's say your circuit topology can help light bulb with reduced current consumption, then what if you parallel multiple ignition coils of the same spec with AC caps?
                  Will this idea be possible to scale up the circuit to some usable power like some 50 or 100 Watts?
                  Does the power source need to be an AC 12V at 10 to 20 Hz pulsation frequency?
                  Thanks for clarifying my questions.
                  aaron5120

Comment

• Originally posted by aaron5120 View Post
                    OK, Janost, I will bite this time. Let's say your circuit topology can help light bulb with reduced current consumption, then what if you parallel multiple ignition coils of the same spec with AC caps?
                    Will this idea be possible to scale up the circuit to some usable power like some 50 or 100 Watts?
                    Does the power source need to be an AC 12V at 10 to 20 Hz pulsation frequency?
                    Thanks for clarifying my questions.
                    aaron5120
                    Yes, paralleling several coils is possible and each one will add another 50watt capability.

In my case the coil is tuned to 50Hz resonance as the secondary is 68H and I use a 150nF cap.
                    That is why I use an AC wallwart and the linefrequency in my country is 50Hz.

If choosing another resonant combo, the coil can be DC-pulsed.

Comment

• @mr.clean
                      Ever thought of using
                      'Plasma Ignition - Water Sparkplug Circuit by Peter Lindemann'
                      Plasma Ignition - Water Sparkplug Circuit by Peter Lindemann - YouTube
                      as a HV DC Source instead of the bulky 60hz nst ?
                      ..to further reduce the input power.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by EMCSQ; 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• This is what LTspice shows when simulation.

The current draw is at its lowest around 50Hz.

And the BEMF from the resonance in the secondary is lagging the voltage source about 30deg as I guessed before.
                        Last edited by janost; 03-26-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                          Very strange.

Everytime I make a successful experiment and shows the therories behind it the forumsite start falling apart.

Who is the owner of this forum?
                          I have experienced slow log-in and slow response time from the server when entering a reply, it takes regularly 20-30 seconds or so which was just a few seconds mainly before last Christmas. See this thread here too and just complain:
                          http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...te-issues.html

(On my side there have been no any change in IP provider, hardware or software done since a year.)

Gyula

Comment

• Originally posted by gyula View Post
                            I have experienced slow log-in and slow response time from the server when entering a reply, it takes regularly 20-30 seconds or so which was just a few seconds mainly before last Christmas. See this thread here too and just complain:
                            http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...te-issues.html

(On my side there have been no any change in IP provider, hardware or software done since a year.)

Gyula
                            It's a very busy site, perhaps too popular for the hosting servers at times.

As to who owns the site, it's a secret, it is registered with a private domain company that does not divulge the registrant.

QV.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                              i like the simplicity
                              so put the primary caps in series off the coils? or am i mistaken?

and thyristors can be spark gaps?
                              You need series resonance in first part. The load is attached over transformer there. The second part is capacitor being fully charged and discharged down to half charge of 2ms period if your sine wave is 20ms when sine vawe is on 0V on secondary windings in transformer(if you fully discharge there is too much energy consumed) for every cycle. The thyristors can withstand tens of ampers without problem.
                              The transformer is being saturated heavily by capacitor discharge and the induction is on minimum level in that moment. Also the resulting magnetic field is on 180^ from where sine wave is about to continue.

Comment

• I have decided to go with the parallel configuration.

In series connection of the load, the COP changes with the load.

In the parallel config the COP stays the same and the load is always split equally between the source and the coil.

Comment

Working...
                                X