Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Utopia,

yes all tests were done with loads on all coils as this gives the best results. Used resistors and/or LEDS. Output waveform is sinus.
    Just installed the software for my new scope and made a picture. Load on this coil is 10ohm resistor, while other coils have LEDs (their Vpp is higher, ~42V).
    Have to find best values for loads as its a trade-off between voltage and current. But higher load in every setting increases power on the other receiver coils. Perhaps these days i will add more of them, then connect all of them together with bridge rectifiers and measure combined output, similar to mr. cleans last video output style. Also want try using more than one Transmitter coil, but lack enough tuning caps at the moment.
    Ah btw i had an other setup before with a Kacher, which ran on just 0.2 Watts or so(see my post here http://www.energeticforum.com/215684-post7992.html ), but its resonant frequency was way too high, 33-34 Mhz, and Kacher + tuning caps didnt work.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Armagdn03 View Post
      On the video link, the description says

"since an inductor is able to develop enormous amount of current have tried to load it with light bulbs, and noticed amazing thing -- as load increased the output wattage increases too..."

which is not necessarily amazing because it is not necessarily true that a normal inverter cannot increase wattage as the load increases. I refer you to the Maximum power transmission theorem. When the impedance of the source (your circuit) matches the impedance of the load, you have a condition for the greatest transfer of power (watts). Thus if you have a load which has too little impedance, it would be less than optimal, increasing it would increase the wattage consumed up to the equalization point.
      Yes the more I study this circuit the more Im afraid it will burn up if opened up, it will go into a runaway situation.
      This is more of a viable solution, it cant runaway because we control the input, this is the flywheel we have been looking for, no bemf.
      Last edited by Dave45; 01-03-2013, 01:56 PM.
      Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
        Yes the more I study this circuit the more Im afraid it will burn up if opened up, it will go into a runaway situation.
        This is more of a viable solution, it cant runaway because we control the input, this is the flywheel we have been looking for, no bemf.
        I dont want to rain on your parade, but my experience has told me otherwise. The Avramenkos plug does not decouple from BEMF. I would suggest the following test.

1) Find several very large capacitors ( greater than 10,000 mf) and place your source battery across them. The battery will feed the capacitors, the capacitors your circuit. Measure power consumption from the circuit in-between the battery and capacitors. The role of the caps is to smooth out the ripple caused by the circuit, and reducing the likelihood of tricking the meter.

2) Measure power consumption with no load. (I think you will find it is still decently high)

3) Measure power consumption in very much the same way with varying loads, all the way up to short circuit, and compare each load with input.

I think you will find that the loads will have some effect on input, and also, that this circuit will consume plenty of energy on the input even when there is no load whatsoever. There will be an optimal loading point (again maximum power transmission theorem) at which the output will be at its greatest in relation to input. I think you might also find that the magnet does not really serve a purpose.

I have not built this, so I am not 100%....But...lets just say I have played around with this stuff for quite a long time. Feel free to check out my Youtube videos on various resonance phenomenon, I have analog self adjusting impedance transformers, inverse transformers, inductance and capacitance switching devices, and other fun stuff to rack the brain. Most of it was shot 5 or so years ago, and I have MUCH more I have not shown, but feel free to ask.

tortuga0303's channel - YouTube

Comment

• Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all!

I am still experimenting.Turns out I went back and read some of Nikolai Telsa Patents like Don did.

Then went back to Don's and others stuff.

The ground on the diode bridge and avramenko is quite fine.Later Don used earth ground just to as voltage control and in his words "to prevent the device from heating up".Simple.

This whole thing is just a matter of cycling the electrons fast enough and capturing them at their highest level of excitement.

That the motion stuff in Kelly chapter 2 pdf , it might be possible to replace the moving stuff ,put an L1 instead and pulse the field.

My own experiments to date shows lots of power at the cap output.Pulsing 0.65 uF Microwave Caps at 4000 hz. with a flyback tranny.No good equipment just yet so I won't claim any overunity.Looks like a charge pump to me and big sparks and ear jarring flashes.

Now to get that up to 30khz with a cap over 2 uF or 50 F should be something.....

Best regards,
          Ged

Comment

• Just for anyone who may have missed this, i think its great progress to be able to step-UP the NST high voltage... And find high current somehow...

This really is significant to me, as i have only been able to light the halogens by stepping Down up until now

Keep in mind i begin the vid with only 1 secondary, to show the power from the single coil, then the second coil added showing an absolute increase in output with no added current draw....
            ....power duplicated? Add more tuned secondaries?? Hmmm

40 Don Smith Device 1/01/13: Dual Quarter Wavelength Step-up Tune and 50 Watt Halogen - YouTube
            In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
            In the expert's mind there are few.
            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• determine the losses

Hello Mr Clean

at that point the question is:
              how much input amperage draw is there with no load ?
              The effect with the 2nd secondary , which does not cause the rise of the input amps is imho the same as in the GEGENE circuit replication from naudin by romero and woopy.
              Romero feeds back power into the grid socket via an grid tied inverter powered by a second coil upon the first secondary and the input watts dropped.
              Woopy also using a 2nd secondary upon the first to light another bulb which does not rise the input wattage. These 2nd secondarys are driven by FE.

Your primary is driven in series resonance , an if in resonance the amps
              are max. Is this beneficial?
              Simply put the caps parallel to the primary and try again if
              measurements have changed. Evt. you have tried nst's before.
              Evt. you could use a plasma globe for suppliing with HV .
              Order the biggest one you can get, pull off the globe and you see the
              HV-Wire comming out. Common ground is one of the trafo leads.
              The HV is not rectified. And they are powered by small DC- Powersupplies
              and power measurements with DC are reliable.

Obviosly you came closest with remarkable results .
              Last edited by EMCSQ; 01-05-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EMCSQ View Post
                Hello Mr Clean

at that point the question is:
                how much input amperage draw is there with no load ?
                The effect with the 2nd secondary , which does not cause the rise of the input amps is imho the same as in the GEGENE circuit replication from naudin by romero and woopy.
                Romero feeds back power into the grid socket via an grid tied inverter powered by a second coil upon the first secondary and the input watts dropped.
                Woopy also using a 2nd secondary upon the first to light another bulb which does not rise the input wattage. These 2nd secondarys are driven by FE.

Your primary is driven in series resonance , an if in resonance the amps
                are max. Is this beneficial?
                Simply put the caps parallel to the primary and try again if
                measurements have changed. Evt. you have tried nst's before.
                Evt. you could use a plasma globe for suppliing with HV .
                Order the biggest one you can get, pull off the globe and you see the
                HV-Wire comming out. Common ground is one of the trafo leads.
                The HV is not rectified. And they are powered by small DC- Powersupplies
                and power measurements with DC are reliable.

Obviosly you came closest with remarkable results .
                thanks man, and good suggestions

about the primary resonance, i agree that it seems like series resonance, but it seems that when the spark fires, for that brief instant, the coil and cap are in parallel order.
                then if you have seen the building wave form of the primary, it charges to fire over and over as you know, with an exponential rise up to the firing, as u prob know
                ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

if however you were to put the spark in series with the cap and coil (all in a chain) then you would get the high current input demand at resonance.
                i know what you mean though, but the present configuration of the primary im using is the result of many experiments, and seems to give the good results.
                the caps on my 60hz NST primary are in parallel for high impedance, u may have seen.

and about the input current while running on and off load,
                the thing with that is, though i have seen the decrease in current draw while loading in other experiments,
                which is fine if you are getting good results,
                but mine was an oscillating high freq type driving LEDs. can be useful but i cant light halogens.

with the latest Smith stuff, the system's input is always constant, but to get the lowest input, it's heavily dependant on the proper spark gap width based on selected voltage input. as far open as possible while keeping spark rate above 60hz
                and ive found its best to use the biggest capacity possible, again still keeping a spark firing rate above 60hz, (or you will notice fluctuation on the load)

with either system, or any system, i think its best to Not run without a load.
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Neon Frequently Asked Questions

Hello Mr Clean

Please read this article.

Neon FAQ

Comment

• Originally posted by ctbenergy View Post
                    Hello Mr Clean

Please read this article.

Neon FAQ
                    cool man, anything in particular about it?
                    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• How about this transformer ?

The capacitor half-discharge from secondary source goes there when there is 0 voltage on transformer secondary(In real circuit the thyristor was used instead of spark gap). This results in amplification of current when transformer is running in LC series resonance:

Last edited by T-1000; 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Remember my testing with an ignitioncoil at resonance?

I have done som measuring with the attached circuit.

If I measure the bulb and the ignitioncoil separate:

Coil draws 1.42Amp alone.
                        Bulb is 5watt and measured 0.49Amp alone.
                        That should make 1.91Amps in parallell.

Guess what? In parallel the current draw is 1.69Amps and no change in lamp brightness.

So adding the bulb to the coil added just 0.27Amps and not 0.49Amps

That is a COP of 0.49/0.27 = 1.8

And I'm not spot on resonance, if it was the COP would be even higher
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I also tried the bulb in series with the coil.
                          There was 11v over the bulb and 3v across the coil.

With only 12v input

However I did not measure the current in serie config so I have to make that measurement again but I'm sure it won't be higher than the 0.49Amps of the bulb.

This sure is tricky but I do have approx COP2.
                          Just need to get it out.

Edit: hm, if you subtract the 3v from the 11v, you end up with the 8volts back-transformation I have in the coil.

Last edited by janost; 01-07-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                            How about this transformer ?

The capacitor half-discharge from secondary source goes there when there is 0 voltage on transformer secondary(In real circuit the thyristor was used instead of spark gap). This results in amplification of current when transformer is running in LC series resonance:

i like the simplicity
                            so put the primary caps in series off the coils? or am i mistaken?

and thyristors can be spark gaps?
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Ok, an update on the current consumed in series configuration.

In this circuit the voltage feed is 12v, 11v across the bulb and 3v across the coil-primary.

Remember that the bulb alone draws 0.49Amps?

The total current drawn from the AC is 0.22Amps lighting a 0.49Amp bulb

That is COP 2.2, even better than before.

Now I'm getting somewhere
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I have figured out how it works.

It divides the power consumed equal between the resonant transformer and the load.

But it also cycles the power in the coil twice every cycle through the load giving double the current moving than being feed.

Comment

Working...
                                X