Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
    Dude you are way too modest!!

everyone here wants to see this kind of stuff!
    you do great work! and you dont even post it

great stuff man
    Two Receivers and Armstrong Oscillator Transmitter - YouTube
    Thanks for that link, very interesting stuff
    Armstrong oscillator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
      Here's a shot of the mosfet drain (yellow trace) which is the negative
      end of the primary, of the circuit in the video Mr Clean linked for me, thanks Mr Clean

With 12 volts supply and about 300 mA = 3.6 Watts I get 160 volts or so
      across the primary. A 160 volt pressure facing a resistance of 1 Ohm should
      produce a peak current of 160 Amps in the primary with 300 mA input current
      at 12 volts.

The childs swing analogy can be seen there, the push happens on
      the way up at the zero volts point. I think for better efficiency the primary
      secondary coupling should be as close as possible (to allow good energy transfer)
      and the free oscillations happen in the extra coil, the output is actually the
      bottom of the secondary which drives the receivers by the currents between
      the transformer bottom secondary terminals.

This is the circuit diagram. It's an Armstrong oscillator variant.

Cheers
      Thanks, have to try that

Comment

• Here's a comparison between the brightness of a 8 watt fluro driven by a
        regular 12 volt fluro driver and a 6 watt fluro excited to luminosity by the Tesla coil.

Also the setup will light a four foot fluro and show the current pulses in the tube
        they can be made "standing" and such, a dark patch can be made to appear in
        the middle of the tube and all sorts of interesting observations.

Fluorescent Comparison - YouTube

To me those current pulses in the tubes remind me of the cables in the Dendera lighting
        drawing of the engravings in the Dendera tombs. For some reason the pulses
        are depicted in the drawings but I'm not sure they appear in the engravings
        themselves.

Ancient Egyptian Science and Technology - Crystalinks

Cheers

P.S. I plan an LED comparison as well. Going by what I can measure the 8 LEDs
        were powered by less than 0.1 of a Watt and they were pretty bright
        with good voltage applied to them. So I can compare power usage between
        the two methods of lighting them.
        Last edited by Farmhand; 12-13-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Its rumored Hubbard used radium in his devices but I dont think so, he stated when he first built the device that it pulled energy from the air, but that was quickly dismissed by a "scientist" , later he did go to work for a radium company and Im sure was paid well.
          If one wanted to ionize a field you wouldn't really need a radiation source high voltage will ionize just as well.
          Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
            Here's a comparison between the brightness of a 8 watt fluro driven by a
            regular 12 volt fluro driver and a 6 watt fluro excited to luminosity by the Tesla coil.

Also the setup will light a four foot fluro and show the current pulses in the tube
            they can be made "standing" and such, a dark patch can be made to appear in
            the middle of the tube and all sorts of interesting observations.

Fluorescent Comparison - YouTube

To me those current pulses in the tubes remind me of the cables in the Dendera lighting
            drawing of the engravings in the Dendera tombs. For some reason the pulses
            are depicted in the drawings but I'm not sure they appear in the engravings
            themselves.

Ancient Egyptian Science and Technology - Crystalinks

Cheers

P.S. I plan an LED comparison as well. Going by what I can measure the 8 LEDs
            were powered by less than 0.1 of a Watt and they were pretty bright
            with good voltage applied to them. So I can compare power usage between
            the two methods of lighting them.
            thats great stuff, nice work!

ive wanted to make a proper Tesla Transformer for the longest time
            In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
            In the expert's mind there are few.
            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• This is what I'll try tonight.
              Its a basic Colpitts osc.

The capacitor is a bootstrap that pulls the base to the positive line for 10ms at power on.
              That makes the transistor turn on.

When the transistor turns off because of the cap getting charged, the coil discharge and swings negative.

A negative emitter in relation to the base at 0volt turns on the transistor again and the cycle repeats.

Should work with minor adjustments to the resistor.

Edit: This is why Kurt's darlington pair oscillated, the coil is biasing the emitter negative on the flyback.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by janost; 12-14-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• If you had eight secondary's you could afford to short two.

Comment

• Drawn this way you see that it is actually a common base oscillator.
                  And you see how the coil feeds back to the B-E junction.

The capacitor has no other function than to jumpstart the oscillator like Kurt did with his finger.

As the coil is on its downward negative slope when the transistor pulls again there will be more than the supply voltage over the C-E junction.

This makes me belive that there will actually be a higher Vp-p over the coil than what is being feed from the supply.

I need to get this working if I'm going to make any high power 100KHz resonant coil as it needs to adjust it self to always stay on resonance.
                  Attached Files

Comment

very cool, ive never seen this Hubbard stuff,
                    but makes a lot of sense being series as illustrated, now im thinking of putting series caps on my Smith secondaries as well and see if anything changes
                    The Hubbard would be a fun 1 hour build
                    hmmm...

and excellent picture ability, but one thing i think i saw is the bottom ends of the Hubbard secondary coils connect to the next top,
                    possibly taking advantage of a strange mix of parallel bifiliar wound / series connected effect due to the proximity? idk maybe
                    You want the poles of the secondary's to be the same this way they are weakly coupled but if the primary is opposite then the secondary's are coupled to the primary individually.
                    The effect can be seen in the Searl generator where the large center toroid magnet's pole is n and the satellite magnets poles are all s, I made a vid of this awhile back, Im not into makeing vids this is just to get a point across.
                    006 - YouTube
                    Basically the Hubbard coils are an electronic version of the Searl gen.
                    Last edited by Dave45; 12-14-2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• My plan, use the SEG as a guide, wind the Hubbard coil on the Bitoroid and build the Lords chariot as seen by Ezekiel

The SEG is supposed to produce antigravity effects, I wonder, if everything was in resonance.
                      I also read that the boat seemed to raise up a bit when Hubbard turned on his device, this account was given by someone that was there.
                      Last edited by Dave45; 12-14-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• If you look and understand alot of these devices work on the same principles.

Comment

• I also recived a new DSO so I'm online with my circuits again

I also recived the DSO-150 dual channel that I'm going to shunt for +-250v and +-2.5Kv

It doesnt have any measurement of frequency or duty cycle but at least you get to see the waveform even if its HV.

Comment

• Originally posted by scratchrobot View Post
                            Thanks for that link, very interesting stuff
                            Armstrong oscillator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            and the vid was Farmhand's, hes got Tesla work that prob the closest to what Tesla would've done, great stuff
                            but he doesnt give himself enough credit

this one is soo cool, despite the controversy
                            Generator rotor acceleration when loaded 2 (Par Petua - YouTube

and this one looks so Tesla
                            70 Watts Tesla coils.wmv - YouTube

at the 1 minute mark on the last vid there, can you explain this toroid Farmhand?
                            Last edited by mr.clean; 12-14-2012, 03:42 PM.
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                              If you look and understand alot of these devices work on the same principles.
                              hehe nice, and one thing about Searle's work, at the time of being a 14 yr old kid, when he allegedly made his first device in the kitchen of 1950's...
                              ...with materials at hand at that time... (he did also work in a motor factory, couldve had access to minor parts)

...and built a device that instantly flew and hit the CEILING, when he grabbed it, his hand was FROZEN, so the maid hit it with a hammer to stop it.

anyway, he couldnt had access to perfect machined cores of various specific metals and materials...

...check out Shinichi Seiki... he worked WITH Searle,,,and all his schematics are circular transistor loops etc.. with no moving parts...

that MUST be what Searle did for his first device... no moving parts...like Shinichi's later published work on UltraRelativity. Searle did REGULAR PUBLIC demos for people in his town, until military was too interested.
                              In an early demo, in front of professionals, he flew his device thru the ROOF and it was apparently NOT RECOVERED. And was operating on repulsion fron the earth (effect of same poles of magnets facing i guess)
                              And was estimated to be able to reach the Moon in 2 minutes... idk about this, but it was in a Searle documentary CD and Yes, the Pros have already scrutinized him, and found him legit.
                              ..Legit enough for him not to be allowed to show the inner workings
                              Which saddens Seale, he said in the documentary. he actually was crying when he said how he's lost control of it

...describing Trillions of horsepower based on calculations... in that area of capability. mind blowing
                              Last edited by mr.clean; 12-14-2012, 04:42 PM.
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

hehe nice, and one thing about Searle's work, at the time of being a 14 yr old kid, when he allegedly made his first device in the kitchen of 1950's...
                                ...with materials at hand at that time... (he did also work in a motor factory, couldve had access to minor parts)

...and built a device that instantly flew and hit the CEILING, when he grabbed it, his hand was FROZEN, so the maid hit it with a hammer to stop it.

anyway, he couldnt had access to perfect machined cores of various specific metals and materials...

...check out Shinichi Seiki... he worked WITH Searle,,,and all his schematics are circular transistor loops etc.. with no moving parts...

that MUST be what Searle did for his first device... no moving parts...like Shinichi's later published work on UltraRelativity. Searle did REGULAR PUBLIC demos for people in his town, until military was too interested.
                                In an early demo, in front of professionals, he flew his device thru the ROOF and it was apparently NOT RECOVERED. And was operating on repulsion fron the earth (effect of same poles of magnets facing i guess)
                                And was estimated to be able to reach the Moon in 2 minutes... idk about this, but it was in a Searle documentary CD and Yes, the Pros have already scrutinized him, and found him legit.
                                ..Legit enough for him not to be allowed to show the inner workings
                                Which saddens Seale, he said in the documentary. he actually was crying when he said how he's lost control of it

...describing Trillions of horsepower based on calculations... in that area of capability. mind blowing
                                All can look at R.R.Searl team work at Searl Effect Generator - Prof. John R.R. Searl . and make
                                acquaintance with his LAW OF SQUARES - the essential part of his work .
                                "Nothing is impossible , except that the state of your mind makes it so '' . Prof John R.R. Searl

Comment

Working...
                                X