• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
    i would love anyones thoughts on Tesla's patents 336,961 and 336,962

http://www.tuks.nl/pdf/Reference_Mat...sla_patent.pdf

http://www.keelynet.com/tesla/00336962.pdf

the parts explaining the self-excitation using auxiliary brush and coil in iron case,
    the regulation using the automatic means,
    the enhanced effects of the coil with reversed direction windings,
    the outer ends of L2 being pos and neg rather than neg at center tap
    the comparison between L1 Don used and the armature Tesla used

Understanding of these i believe to critical, as they are most likely the origin of our discussion... and what Don openly based his experiments on
    Those patents appear to be for ways and means to regulate the output of
    dynamo electric machines. The automatic brush position adjusters are
    solenoids designed to move the brushes to a position relative to the strength
    of the currents through the solenoid coils. These regulators either shunt part
    of the field current or restrict the field current in the machine by other means
    such as counter or cancelling emf's in order to regulate the output from the
    armature, the stronger the excitement of the field magnets the more power is
    produced from the armature or generating element. By regulating the field
    currents relative to the load the machine is more practical.

Much like the regulator in a car alternator regulates the current through the
    rotating field winding to regulate the output of the generating stator coils.

I showed in this experiment the regulating/magnetizing DC current can be utilized.

Alternator Test - YouTube

At about 2:20 minutes I switch out the regulator so that the 21 Watt bulb is
    the only load regulating the magnetizing coil current. The actual alternator
    output was to the big battery. The bulb regulated the charge current down to
    about 4 amps from about 8 amps by restricting the current through the
    magnetizing coil. Usually the regulation is done with a transistor and/or
    resistors to restrict the magnetizing current..

Cheers
    Last edited by Farmhand; 12-07-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
      Those patents appear to be for ways and means to regulate the output of
      dynamo electric machines. The automatic brush position adjusters are
      solenoids designed to move the brushes to a position relative to the strength
      of the currents through the solenoid coils. These regulators either shunt part
      of the field current or restrict the field current in the machine by other means
      such as counter or cancelling emf's in order to regulate the output from the
      armature, the stronger the excitement of the field magnets the more power is
      produced from the armature or generating element. By regulating the field
      currents relative to the load the machine is more practical.

Much like the regulator in a car alternator regulates the current through the
      rotating field winding to regulate the output of the generating stator coils.

I showed in this experiment the regulating/magnetizing DC current can be utilized.

Alternator Test - YouTube

At about 2:20 minutes I switch out the regulator so that the 21 Watt bulb is
      the only load regulating the magnetizing coil current. The actual alternator
      output was to the big battery. The bulb regulated the charge current down to
      about 4 amps from about 8 amps by restricting the current through the
      magnetizing coil. Usually the regulation is done with a transistor and/or
      resistors to restrict the magnetizing current..

Cheers
      great input Farmhand, and great alternator test!
      In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
      In the expert's mind there are few.
      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• No Probs, I forgot to mention, the "self exciting" part simply means that the
        current that actuates the solenoids to adjust the brushes comes from the
        machine and is automatic insomuch as the strength and timing are a result of
        the effect of the load applied. ( I think at least some are ), it's just a matter
        of engineering to get the desired effects automatically, that is one reason
        why counter emf or (back emf) are a gift It is what makes most things automatic.
        Like the current through a power transformer primary when the secondary is
        loaded (exactly the right amount is allowed) if the transformer is designed correctly.

Car alternators can be self exciting now and are very similar to some of
        Tesla's HF alternator designs particularly the saw tooth field core design used
        in alternators (the claw). That's Tesla's finding as well.

This is also similar to the self excitement of the field magnets (magnetizing coils)
        in the Unipolar dynamo. Which is described as being capable of "self excitement".
        That just means the field magnets are excited by currents produced by the
        spinning of the discs. The discs still need to be spun by mechanical means,
        wind, water, motor ect.

The interesting things about this machine, is that if the field magnets are made
        to cover the entire surface of the discs, there is no armature reaction.No Lenz.
        But only if weakly energized. Also with the twin discs the currents can be
        taken from the shaft of both discs, and there is no need to counter rotate the discs,
        it just needs the polarity of the field magnets reversed on one disc as to the
        other. Always low voltage high current output though. I would love to build
        one and I will, just as it is drawn with the twin discs and electromagnets for
        the field magnets.

Again, the facility with which such a machine may be made to
        excite itself is striking, but this may be due besides to the absence
        of armature reaction to the perfect smoothness of the current
        and non-existence of self-induction.
        Quote from this PDF, bottom of Page 468, there is probably more info in the
        PDF Book than the patent.

http://ia700302.us.archive.org/16/it...00martiala.pdf

Unipolar Patent
        Patent US406968 - AND ALFRED S - Google Patents

Cheers
        Last edited by Farmhand; 12-07-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
          No Probs, I forgot to mention, the "self exciting" part simply means that the
          the effect of the load applied. ( I think at least some are ), it's just a matter
          why counter emf or (back emf) are a gift It is what makes most things automatic.
          loaded (exactly the right amount is allowed) if the transformer is designed correctly.

This is also similar to the self excitement of the field magnets (magnetizing coils)
          in the Unipolar dynamo. Which is described as being capable of "self excitement".
          wind, water, motor ect.

The interesting things about this machine, is that if the field magnets are made
          to cover the entire surface of the discs, there is no armature reaction.No Lenz.
          taken from the shaft of both discs, and there is no need to counter rotate the discs,
          the field magnets.

Unipolar Patent

Cheers
          ok sweet, so then do you think that the L1 coil replacing the armature is a good substitute?
          and what about the center-tap neg vs outer ends pos/neg?
          Tesla wrote the ends were pos and neg, could the "auxiliary" tap be any other kind of connection?

And Dynatron uses that RF choke off center tap, could that be the same as the excited solenoid in Tesla'a patent connected to "aux brush C" ?

im just trying to make the similarities and mentally convert the armature to L1 coil
          the 3rd config in 336,961 is so Kapanadze, with the main coil, then the other wound half then back half, so interesting, and Don mentioned it enhances current by cancelling the v from the opposing direction, anyway, experiments continue
          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Kudos

Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
            No Probs, I forgot to mention, the "self exciting" part simply means that the

wind, water, motor ect.

the field magnets.

Unipolar Patent

Cheers
            Glad,see you again Sir,your analytical skills and experience is a blessing to us.

Keep it up.

Best regards,

Ged

Comment

• To Clarence

Originally posted by clarence View Post
              Hello Level & ALL,

electronic NSTs useless for Don Smith type builds. this manufactrer I guess finally got the word that there was a definite market for the old original style NST design and started includeing them in his listings. this should help you in your search to stay with the specifics that don mentioned for you builds.

LOL - If I may be of info service to anyone in any manner just let me know, best regards as always, mike, onward!
              Thanks for this Clarence!

Ged

Comment

• Farmhand vid

hey Farmhand can you explain a little more what your reciever is? you said it was picked up by your solar controler? but it was recieving radio transmission?

Sensitive receiver - YouTube

ive been really looking at Crytal / transistor radio circuits, except tuning obviously to the driver freq, and making it a high power radio reciever with IGBTs or something, if its possible

anyway very cool vid!

...oh ok i think i get it it was noise in the signal from the controler
                Last edited by mr.clean; 12-09-2012, 09:30 PM.
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• ELECTROSTATIC RADIO RECEIVER

A publication by the Center for Academic Publication in Tokyo, Japan, Magnetospheric Plasma Physics, edited by Atsuhiro Nishida, brings together some prominent world physicists for a very clear picture of the Earth energy structure, along with some rather complex mathematics for those wishing to follow their modeling.

The conducting ionosphere can affect the instability by short circuiting the electrostatic part of the Earth electric field, thus requiring less energy to release charge from the upper layers. These auroral arcs result in an acceleration process called ring currents, processing along the magnetic field lines that connect the magneto tail with the ionosphere. This is the primary supply of energy for the aurora, setting up an oscillating field aligned acceleration of aurora particles; therefore forming the aurora arcs. This process releases a radiation called auroral Kilometric radiation (AKR) from 50 to 500 KHz. These arcs are generated by convection currents formed in the plasma pause of the magneto tail. These arcs curve toward the Earth on the night side and enter or create the aurora field at around 68 degrees latitude between 22 and 24 hours local time. The Auroral Kilometric Radiation (AKR) has a frequency spectrum of from 30 to 500 KHz, with a peak power at around 200 KHz. The total power is about 1000 Megawatts, and the radiation is right-handed polarized. It originates at a low altitude, less than three Earth radii, with a radiation power of about one per cent of the energy dissipation of the auroral particles.

It appears that the electrostatic waves stimulate the ionosphere, thus allowing the influx of the powerful AKR energies. Very strong electrostatic waves have been monitored, between 17.8 and 100 KHz. with the greatest amplitude at around 31.1 KHz. Some of these same effects and frequencies have been observed by the Voyager 2 flyby of Jupiter and Saturn, within their magnetospheres.

Comment

• hey here's a vid by ChipDip, talking about Tesla's patent...

Tesla's Dynamo-Electric Machine - YouTube

wow chipdip's channel is golden

they are very professional and conventional,

funny thing, i believe he said it could power itself as well LOL
                    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
                      ELECTROSTATIC RADIO RECEIVER

A publication by the Center for Academic Publication in Tokyo, Japan, Magnetospheric Plasma Physics, edited by Atsuhiro Nishida, brings together some prominent world physicists for a very clear picture of the Earth energy structure, along with some rather complex mathematics for those wishing to follow their modeling.

The conducting ionosphere can affect the instability by short circuiting the electrostatic part of the Earth electric field, thus requiring less energy to release charge from the upper layers. These auroral arcs result in an acceleration process called ring currents, processing along the magnetic field lines that connect the magneto tail with the ionosphere. This is the primary supply of energy for the aurora, setting up an oscillating field aligned acceleration of aurora particles; therefore forming the aurora arcs. This process releases a radiation called auroral Kilometric radiation (AKR) from 50 to 500 KHz. These arcs are generated by convection currents formed in the plasma pause of the magneto tail. These arcs curve toward the Earth on the night side and enter or create the aurora field at around 68 degrees latitude between 22 and 24 hours local time. The Auroral Kilometric Radiation (AKR) has a frequency spectrum of from 30 to 500 KHz, with a peak power at around 200 KHz. The total power is about 1000 Megawatts, and the radiation is right-handed polarized. It originates at a low altitude, less than three Earth radii, with a radiation power of about one per cent of the energy dissipation of the auroral particles.

It appears that the electrostatic waves stimulate the ionosphere, thus allowing the influx of the powerful AKR energies. Very strong electrostatic waves have been monitored, between 17.8 and 100 KHz. with the greatest amplitude at around 31.1 KHz. Some of these same effects and frequencies have been observed by the Voyager 2 flyby of Jupiter and Saturn, within their magnetospheres.
                      Very Cool, great info!

im planning on the Ion Valve next!!
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• I tested this Transverter/Rotoverter config with a quadrature demodulator this weekend.
                        This kind of config is very common in FM/PSK radio demodulators.

The rectifier bridge demodulates the phaseshift current to a DC-voltage in the cap.

It gives back the 7.5v 2.51A into the capacitor and if Rload is a dead short the current draw is still the same 1.38A

It works extremly well
                        Last edited by janost; 05-03-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• It didnt work with a current transformer because the phase current is almost a squarewave and not a sine.

The circuit works as a resonant charger.

Resonant charging
                          Last edited by janost; 12-10-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• It can also be done this way with 2 diodes and 2 caps.

The reason for one setup on each side is to keep the AC load symmetric.
                            Last edited by janost; 05-03-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• I calculated the phaseshift to about 23deg.
                              That would make my LC-combo frequency 43.5Hz

About 6.5Hz of from 50Hz.

What this means is that you can keep the tank-circuit on the secondary side untouched.
                              And it feeds back the energy in it back to the primary side.

I bet this would work even better with a ferrite wound transformer and KHz frequency.
                              Last edited by janost; 12-10-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• If you still don't get it I'll make a really simple example:

If Rload is heating wire, you force the current to pass it twice on each cycle.

That is COP 2 heating

If the tank was resonant on the 2nd harmonic it would cycle 4times on each input cycle.

Most simple is feeding it with a squarewave which contains a strong 3rd harmonic.
                                That results in 3 cycles on each edge of the input.

COP=?
                                Last edited by janost; 12-10-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X