Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tinmanpower View Post
    I wish i had some answers for you quantumuppercut-but i do not.
    I can only share what i observe.
    Maybe the backEMF could also be seen as a resistance,as it dose resist change within the coil?
    I think you're careful enough and 30% is a large margin. If this is really what is observed, I urge many to replicate. It sounds like a simple experiment. Long ago I see a vid of Thane adjusting his power factor by increasing voltage. I thought I heard him wrong.

BackEMF is resistance in a way it restrict the amount of current going through. However, I think we can separate the back EMF from forward EMF by loading(provide a separate path for back EMF).

Comment

• In my opinion Thanes needs to provide a better demo using higher power and
      more accurate determination of the power factor.

I'll ask the question to the Thane promoters.

How did Thane determine the power factor in the BiTT demo ? To get a few mW
      of real power to the secondary from the primary would require only a very slight
      deviation from 90 degrees phase difference. Which is why I say the test was
      inconclusive, especially for such a claim.

With the use of very low power a trick such as I show in this video would be a
      piece of cake to do and it would look very convincing, also with very low
      power and a large load resistor the heat would be almost undetectable so
      there would be no way to tell if the resistor is modified. I'm not saying that is
      what he did. But it could be done very convincingly.

I used higher power levels because I had no intention to deceive, only to
      show the trick. I have nothing to gain or to promote I don't wish to make
      money from this stuff so I have no reason to deceive.

One exception is if the heat of the resistor is shown, but that requires
      sufficient power to be dissipated by a suitably sized resistor and accurate
      thermal measurement.

Power Resistor Trick.wmv - YouTube

Cheers

P.S. Anything we can imagine as real can be faked in some way.

Last edited by Farmhand; 12-01-2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• re-post

Originally posted by level
        I don't really have too much time for reading through all the older posts in this long thread, so I am wondering did anyone build zilano's Don Smith device, and did anyone get any notable results from doing so? Were you able to get any significant usable power out, or were there any other benefits gained? I am also wondering how close anyone here has come so far with Don Smith devices in general?
        i would say this is one of my better performance with the stepdown coils.

(btw i had this idea before i read Zilano's stuff, that stepping DOWN rather than up as in Don's.)

1/4 relationship between L1 being 4 times the length of L2, and L2 is then doubled and parallel.
        the full length of both L2 coils is half of the full primary, to be clear

here i tune with LEDs and then show the result of the tune ....
        Don Smith Device Project Part 32: Stepdown Coil Tune and Resonance at 53Khz - YouTube

and here i did a minimum run test with 3 watts input.. and the same 20 watt Halogen was blinding...

Don Smith Device Project Part 31: 3 Watts In, 20 Watt Halogen Lit Bright - YouTube

here i do a battery vs system test...
        input was 11.25 watts lighting the 20 watt halogen

Don Smith Device Project Part 33: full watt bulb vs Smith stepdown comparison - YouTube

anyway, from many cooked instruments, it fun to just get it to run halogens and see what it can do,
        easy low tech stuff, observe reular DC wattage brightness, and match brightness with your system, then check input power

there certainly are explanations for what would explain brightness matching, but bottom line is, its good light, and now i have spark quenched magnetically and encased in PVC actinglike a large Adjustable GDT... and totally quiet now!!

coming soon
        In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
        In the expert's mind there are few.
        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• A Subtle Scuttle Rebuttle

Glad to be of assistance
          Despite naysaying resistance
          And vociferous insistence
          That one hasn't gone the distance.

Oh the shame,
          Of the lame
          Who play the game
          To tame the name
          Of those whose frame
          Discloses the same
          As OUers of fame.

Far better it be
          To test carefully
          Than dismiss readily
          Those who offer for free
          What might enable us to flee
          Energetic monopoly.

Diligence and common-sense
          Will move us forward off the fence
          Where progress measured moments hence
          Gives useful light for where and whence.

Ah! No insult do I bear.
          Just caution with a bit of flair
          To open eyes to move with care
          And grain of salt to bring to bear.

When weighing what's dismissed outright.
          Which may in fact impart some light.
          Especially when helping bite
          What's happening within plain sight.

Now I'm not sayin'...
          Just simply displayin'
          Informed relayin.'
          Not bayin',
          Just sayin...

I see corroboration
          In certain revelation
          That causes me to station
          On some experimentation.

Yes, we know the capacity
          For mendacity
          That renders opacity
          To progress with audacity.

But forge we on!
          For, someday will be gone
          What occluded what has shone
          On inquiring minds like Don.

And no one in particular
          Will look much more ridicular
          Than those who scoff and snicular
          With crafty doubtful tricular.

The dawn approacheth, and shadows fall
          For those discerning, large and small.
          No time for hopelessness or gall
          For those who probe the OU ball.

Forge on Sir Kurt!
          And those who skirt
          Deception, discouragement and dirt!
          Each spark and wave and shocking hurt
          That moves us forward now to flirt
          And try on diff'rent size of shirt.
          But yea alas, too much I blurt.
          Back to the shadows of humble yurt.
          May you get your just dessert, Kurt!
          And all those your work convert.
          And I'm not just blowing smoke up your skirt...
          Last edited by Bob Smith; 12-01-2012, 12:56 PM. Reason: title re-writal :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
            In my opinion Thanes needs to provide a better demo using higher power and
            more accurate determination of the power factor.

I'll ask the question to the Thane promoters.

How did Thane determine the power factor in the BiTT demo ? To get a few mW
            of real power to the secondary from the primary would require only a very slight
            deviation from 90 degrees phase difference. Which is why I say the test was
            inconclusive, especially for such a claim.

With the use of very low power a trick such as I show in this video would be a
            piece of cake to do and it would look very convincing, also with very low
            power and a large load resistor the heat would be almost undetectable so
            there would be no way to tell if the resistor is modified. I'm not saying that is
            what he did. But it could be done very convincingly.

I used higher power levels because I had no intention to deceive, only to
            show the trick. I have nothing to gain or to promote I don't wish to make
            money from this stuff so I have no reason to deceive.

One exception is if the heat of the resistor is shown, but that requires
            sufficient power to be dissipated by a suitably sized resistor and accurate
            thermal measurement.

Power Resistor Trick.wmv - YouTube

Cheers

P.S. Anything we can imagine as real can be faked in some way.

I believe Thane use his scope to check for phase. The way I see is that you can adjust frequency to adjust your phase angle. The only thing that voltage can adjust phase angle is energy being flow back to the source.

In my opinion, anything real can be faked, anything imagined can be made real.

Comment

• thanks Bob, that was a classic!!!
              well done
              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by level
                Cool, thanks for the summary, and Ok on getting 20W halogen bulbs to light up to full brightness. What exactly is quenching the sparkgap magnetically?

after T1000 told me about getting sharper 'off' time by quenching, i used some magnets that come with multimeters to use for hanging,

perfect cause they are encased in rubber and they dont short the gap closed,
                anyway i placed one on either side of gap, magnetically secured to both sides, then added some more neo magnets on both sides for as much effect as possible.

then as well i re-did the gap to be enclosed in a 2" PVC tube with top and bottom, with spark electrodes threaded thru the sides, to allow adjustability!!

work SO good,
                but im really waiting to get my PVM500 driver back in action, its just way better to have adjustable freq, variable voltage and factory quality.

exact driver freq into tuned LC is the only way to get good light with the 250mA input low 30-40vac range, like vid 32 etc.
                ...then something in my driver went, and resorted to using 60hz NST, but was then motivated to make its 121mH primary resonante at 60hz... was thrilled...
                Don Smith Device Project Part 35: Resonant 60hz Transformer Experiment - YouTube

but im still looking forward to getting my good driver back!... soon
                Last edited by mr.clean; 12-01-2012, 06:43 PM.
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• And regarding the bitoroid, i wonder how this small iron laminate E core would work with this Metglass amcc-320 C core....

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/9965/imag1271.jpg

Only one way to find out eh?
                  Last edited by mr.clean; 12-01-2012, 07:53 PM.
                  -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Iv been thinking about the TPU, I think the magnet placed on the choke sitting atop the toroid saturates the core of the choke therefore allowing a broader spectrum of energy to enter the system.
                    I noticed when SM loaded the TPU he made no adjustments to his circuitry he had to be using a self resonating circuit so he wasnt using a pwm, he must have been using a self resonating circuit like this, but without the massive current draw.
                    By tweaking the components we should be able to make this circuit work using less amperage.
                    Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by quantumuppercut View Post
                      I believe Thane use his scope to check for phase. The way I see is that you can adjust frequency to adjust your phase angle. The only thing that voltage can adjust phase angle is energy being flow back to the source.

In my opinion, anything real can be faked, anything imagined can be made real.

Yes he used a scope, but the scope didn't say 90 degrees as I remember it.
                      The scope simply showed the two traces and he lined them up with vertical
                      lines on the scope and called it 90 degrees. That is not accurate, just lining
                      up peaks.

That's how I remember it, now I have a dual channel scope when I secure a
                      90 degree phase shift I see it drifts to either side of 90 degrees, it must, or
                      there would be no real power at the secondary terminals. Plain and simple.

Cheers
                      Last edited by Farmhand; 12-01-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• When all is said and done,
                        and the guru's free energy is none,
                        the one's that required proof,
                        won't be the fooled by the spooks.

So this is a poetry forum now too.

How about instead of taking underhanded swipes at the folks who want the
                        truth. The guru supporters do some replications and prove they are defending
                        real claims.

When push come to shove where is the free energy ? Where is the OU ?

Rather than attack the man address the issues. Do the experiments.

eg, the all knowing UFO politics and his levitating magnet, I suffered some
                        very sick, twisted and childish abuse from his zealots and him. But who was
                        correct about the reason the magnet hovered ? I did the experiment and
                        proved it had nothing to do with "back emf" and collapsing fields reversing
                        magnetic polarity ect. The proof is in the experiment.

It's not up to others to disprove anything when solid claims are not even
                        made. It's up to the claimant to prove his claim.

So where is the evidence of a solid 90 degree unchanging phase shift in
                        Thanes BiTT demo ? His entire claim rests on an unchanging exact 90 degree
                        phase shift, no deviations. Highly unlikely in my opinion.

Cheers
                        Last edited by Farmhand; 12-01-2012, 10:59 PM.

Comment

When all is said and done,
                          and the guru's free energy is none,
                          the one's that required proof,
                          won't be the fooled by the spooks.

So this is a poetry forum now too.

How about instead of taking underhanded swipes at the folks who want the
                          truth. The guru supporters do some replications and prove they are defending
                          real claims.

When push come to shove where is the free energy ? Where is the OU ?

Rather than attack the man address the issues. Do the experiments.

eg, the all knowing UFO politics and his levitating magnet, I suffered some
                          very sick, twisted and childish abuse from his zealots and him. But who was
                          correct about the reason the magnet hovered ? I did the experiment and
                          proved it had nothing to do with "back emf" and collapsing fields reversing
                          magnetic polarity ect. The proof is in the experiment.

It's not up to others to disprove anything when solid claims are not even
                          made. It's up to the claimant to prove his claim.

So where is the evidence of a solid 90 degree unchanging phase shift in
                          Thanes BiTT demo ?

Cheers
                          It is so true and sad at the same time.

Comment

Looks like it might just do the trick. Are those cracks in the metglass core mostly surface cracks or do some of them go pretty deep? If the cracks are deep it might hurt preformance somewhat. Any idea what the permeability of the metglass core is?
                            The cores are paired to come together seemlessly, i dont remember what its perm is, but i imagine its gonna be pretty adequate, its one of the powerlite model cores, made for medium high power stuff
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

...now I have a dual channel scope when I secure a
                              90 degree phase shift I see it drifts to either side of 90 degrees, it must, or
                              there would be no real power at the secondary terminals. Plain and simple.

Cheers
                              A perfect 90 degrees means there is no energy consumption on the input side. It does not implies anything on the output. You must be careful when making assumption.

Comment

I meant the thin cracks in the core itself, not the seams where the C cores join together. It looks like there are cracks here and there in the core itself? Are those just surface cracks? Anyway, I will interested to see what kind of results you come up with...
                                oh gotcha, they are the layers of extremely thin iron tape, which are insulated from each layer, a literal work of art how perfect they end up

this one was 125$ from the factory, i have a few different plans i was gonna try with the metglass: bitoroid, don's briefcase device (tesla pat 433,702) and JLNaudin/Col.Bearden's MEG
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X