No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is update on my current quest for Lenz less transformer.
    I managed to reverse current draw when load is atached. So now it is reverse from conventional transformers behavior..

Here is the resonant circuit I tested:

The scope showing INPUT amps and volts:

The scope showing OUTPUT amps and volts:

You can calculate the rest..

P.S> Now the next step is to try MOSFTET instead of NPN transistor and try add push-pull for full wave output. Also the current was measured over 1 Ohm resistor.
    Last edited by T-1000; 11-23-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by level
      A couple of questions. What does B1 represent in your circuit diagram, and do you mean that L3 is 150 turns? You have it marked as 150V.
      B1 is the light bulb, the rating is 230V 15W.

The L1/L2 are 250 ECW 2.0mm 14swg wire 20 turns each/ L1 1.9mH, L2 2.3mH inductance.
      The L3 was set to give 154 Volts(can't see more on scope), 250 ECW 0.71mm 22swg wire spool fully put on it ( from Enamelled Copper Wire : Enamelled Copper Wire : Maplin Electronics ). Sorry, can't say how many turns, the inductance is 1.9H.
      Last edited by T-1000; 11-23-2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Mr Clean, The thing is, it looks to me as though you are measuring the power
        consumed by one LED, going by what I can tell you have the meter across the
        LED and the LED looks to be in parallel with the primary. That is why a circuit
        diagram is needed. If you just show or say clearly that's all.

If the LED you measured to get the primary power was in parallel with the
        primary, what would have been measured would be the power consumed by one
        LED as a load, If the LED was in series with the primary then the input would be
        half wave rectified. So either way won't be good I don't think.

Cheers

P.S. Yeah I would take the coils DC resistance into account, but only for the
        losses, resonance will make no difference to that. Current flowing through the
        resistance of the coil will make heat, it's not really output, but still excess
        heat is interesting. Excess heat is excess energy.

Last edited by Farmhand; 11-23-2012, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by level
          I see. Interesting. I should have figured out that B1 stood for a lightbulb though. What are you measuring the current with? Are you using a series resistor in the primary and secondary to do that? By the way, that is an interesting approach to put a capacitor on one of the primary windings but not on the other. This should cause a different phase shift in the current on the primary winding that has the capacitor, compared to the primary winding that doesn't have the capacitor. Trying some different capacitor values and comparing results might be interesting. Let us know if you find anything interesting...
          The 1 ohm resistor is in series and scope CH1 shows 1:1 amps value.
          The capacitor on second primary has two functions - the phase shift and acts as terminating circuit for BEMF from L3.
          The maximum current draw is when transformer has no load and shorting L3 cause L1 to draw minimum amount of current...

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
            Laser Sabre is no different to many other folks, he doesn't want to measure
            actual efficiency, which would be easy, he just wants to show things to hype
            people up.

To put is simply, does he or has he ever shown accurately measured OU ?
            If he has I have not seen it, and considering the amount of different circuits
            he produces I would say he has not seen it himself or he would have shown it.

The funny thing is people don't care if things are OU or not, most just want
            the hype of the claims.

The cold electricity thing is BS, it's just HF currents. If a circuit is producing
            work in a load then the output that does work can be measured. It's the HF
            currents that make some circuits difficult to measure by just using a meter.

If the wave shapes are irregular then just smooth the input if it is DC from a
            battery and rectify and smooth the output, then use a resistor as a load and
            measure the output power as volts x amps. Both must be measured while the
            secondary is loaded by the resistor.

Bottom line is Laser Sabre doesn't seem interested in showing any OU because
            he doesn't have it and never has, otherwise a person of his talent would show it.

Joule ringers an Joule thief devices are neat but have very limited uses and there is no solid evidence of OU.

The truth is the first two transformers I picked up showed OU when I
            calculated the power dissipated by the resistors compared to the power input
            the reason was because I used low power, I used the scope to get the RMS
            voltages and measured the resistance of the resistors and had people check
            the calculations. It is the result of inherent inaccuracy involved in very low
            power measurements. Very low value power measurements must be done with
            great accuracy to be close.

Is that the video where the power supply is charging the cap or battery next
            to it.
            And a function generator can run a circuit with one input lead to the primary
            or such and still input quite a bit of energy. If the input is measured out of a
            battery and the output is smoothed to DC the measurements become very simple.

Cheers

Comment

The 1 ohm resistor is in series and scope CH1 shows 1:1 amps value.
              The capacitor on second primary has two functions - the phase shift and acts as terminating circuit for BEMF from L3.
              The maximum current draw is when transformer has no load and shorting L3 cause L1 to draw minimum amount of current...
              That type of transformer I think are meant to have a permanent load so as not
              to be inefficient, I think the idea is that the input and the output power is
              restricted for some particular reason.

Can you give us a ball park figure of the input output power with the load ?

Looks like about 2.7 Watts input and about 1.5 Watts output to me.
              About 56 % efficient.

Won't the load voltage drop with more load ?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                That type of transformer I think are meant to have a permanent load so as not
                to be inefficient, I think the idea is that the input and the output power is
                restricted for some particular reason.

Can you give us a ball park figure of the input output power with the load ?

Looks like about 2.7 Watts input and about 1.5 Watts output to me.
                About 56 % efficient.

Won't the load voltage drop with more load ?

Cheers
                The bulb can be lighted almost fully with twice a voltage I did put to show this case. The output voltage is maximum when there is no load connected and is variable depending on load.
                The input power drops to minimum when I do dead short circuit on secondary coil. This is the fact I care about and the second try will be far more advanced. This fact is something inverse than conventional transformers do.

Now it needs to be narrowed down to to bits and formulas and adopted to make maximum impact to BEMF harvesting efficiency then feeding this collected power back into primary L1 where source square wave signal comes in on right time....

P.S> I would not relay on performance measurements because ferrite is designed to run on frequency 25kHz+ and I am running on 12kHz. That needs proper adjustments to make transformer like it was conventional impulse transformer before tricking into BEMF harvesting mode.
                Last edited by T-1000; 11-23-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Here is update on my current quest for Lenz less transformer.
                  I managed to reverse current draw when load is atached. So now it is reverse from conventional transformers behavior..

Here is the resonant circuit I tested:

The scope showing INPUT amps and volts:

The scope showing OUTPUT amps and volts:

You can calculate the rest..

P.S> Now the next step is to try MOSFTET instead of NPN transistor and try add push-pull for full wave output. Also the current was measured over 1 Ohm resistor.
                  nice job man!!!
                  i wish i knew how to chart this stuff like that, my own ignorange
                  In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                  In the expert's mind there are few.
                  -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Laser Sabre is no different to many other folks, he doesn't want to measure
                    actual efficiency, which would be easy, he just wants to show things to hype
                    people up
                    Why do you state this with such certainty and hutzpah? can you read lasersaber's mind? How do you know his inner motives?

Am I to trust you when you make ad hominem ["to the man"] statements like this?

Farmhand: The funny thing is people don't care if things are OU or not, most just want
                    the hype of the claims.
                    REALLY? and how do you know what all these people are thinking and what we care about? Perhaps you have conducted a poll and can back up your claims? Or is this just hot air you're spouting?

Comment

• Originally posted by PhysicsProf View Post
                      Why do you state this with such certainty and hutzpah? can you read lasersaber's mind? How do you know his inner motives?
                      I am free to speculate, no clear efficiency figures seem to be shown

Originally posted by PhysicsProf View Post
                      Am I to trust you when you make ad hominem ["to the man"] statements like this?
                      No do not trust me you have no reason to. As I do not trust you, there is absolutely no need. Why would I want to trust a person I do not know.
                      That is what evidence is for.

Originally posted by PhysicsProf View Post
                      REALLY? and how do you know what all these people are thinking and what we care about? Perhaps you have conducted a poll and can back up your claims? Or is this just hot air you're spouting?
                      I don't know what they are thinking, but if the shoe fits....
                      I'm not the one insinuating to have over unity when I don't.

There needs to be some kind of balance,

Why not show the efficiency rather than just continuously infer or insinuate things are
                      over 100%. What is the reason if it is not for the hype ?

What is it that makes you think that you know their motives.

When people make dodgy claims and never show proof it is bad for the image
                      of the search for free or alternative energy, there are so many dodgy claims
                      people don't know what's what.

If you have shown evidence for 8 x over unity but the evidence is shown to
                      be less than proof then it really isn't evidence of 8 x over unity is it. Either it
                      is 8 x over unity or it isn't. Which is it ? A man of your means and education
                      should be able to tell for sure in about a couple of hours.

Now imagine a situation where no claims are ever questioned and every one
                      makes them, no one ever measures anything accurately and lots of time
                      and money get wasted on things that are less than unity but portrayed as
                      over unity. What is the effect of that other than to waste time, effort, money
                      and brain power.

Yes it seems to me that many folks don't really want to know if the setups
                      they claim are over unity, are OU or not, they just seem to care about making another
                      claim.

A claim of over unity requires some hard evidence to even consider.

Cheers

P.S. You seem to defending peoples right to make claims of OU with next to no hard evidence. And even falsely.

Last edited by Farmhand; 11-23-2012, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Hi T-1000,

very nice build. Thanks for sharing ur results so detailed. I plan to build a similar BITT these days, still searching for the cores. Where did u order yours?

Another question i have is if u continued with this setup http://imgbin.org/images/6907.png ?

Im playing with my Multi-Mini-Teslacoil-System at the moment. Driving it with quarter resonant frequency didnt give me so good results, but using a Kacher i can drive it with 0,228 Watts (19V, 12mA, tripple checked these number with 2 Meters + Scope) and can get LEDs on 2 receiver Teslacoils lit up (have only 2 for the moment) + Output from an Antenna Array combined with Avramenko plugs i built once, which, bringing it close to Transmitter, even lowers the Input. My next Step will be to build more receiver Coils and perhaps more of this Avramenko Antennas as they seem to work pretty nice.

Kind regards,
                        main

Comment

I am free to speculate, no clear efficiency figures seem to be shown

No do not trust me you have no reason to. As I do not trust you, there is absolutely no need. Why would I want to trust a person I do not know.
                          That is what evidence is for.

I don't know what they are thinking, but if the shoe fits....
                          I'm not the one insinuating to have over unity when I don't.

There needs to be some kind of balance,

Why not show the efficiency rather than just continuously infer or insinuate things are
                          over 100%. What is the reason if it is not for the hype ?

What is it that makes you think that you know their motives.

When people make dodgy claims and never show proof it is bad for the image
                          of the search for free or alternative energy, there are so many dodgy claims
                          people don't know what's what.

If you have shown evidence for 8 x over unity but the evidence is shown to
                          be less than proof then it really isn't evidence of 8 x over unity is it. Either it
                          is 8 x over unity or it isn't. Which is it ? A man of your means and education
                          should be able to tell for sure in about a couple of hours.

Now imagine a situation where no claims are ever questioned and every one
                          makes them, no one ever measures anything accurately and lots of time
                          and money get wasted on things that are less than unity but portrayed as
                          over unity. What is the effect of that other than to waste time, effort, money
                          and brain power.

Yes it seems to me that many folks don't really want to know if the setups
                          they claim are over unity, are OU or not, they just seem to care about making another
                          claim.

A claim of over unity requires some hard evidence to even consider.

Cheers

P.S. You seem to defending peoples right to make claims of OU with next to no hard evidence. And even falsely.

I agree with you. But also I think there is no point in explaining.
                          These forums are more religious than scientific.

Comment

• That's quite right, Farmhand;
                            Last thing people wanna see here - the Physics of what they're seeing;
                            Redrew it differently and you will see LC circuit with very sensitive oscillator instead of diodes, like here made from my serves:
                            watch?v=gcui0K7JZXA&feature=related
                            OU is a process of creating more energy than consumed, but it's nothing here to produce, it's all about transforming of existing energy, which been paid by somebody.
                            But they want miracle, you can't change nature of man, that's why, I agree, those forums really "more religious than scientific"; more like circus to me.
                            Sorry, no offence to anybody, we all're learning.

Comment

• To me it looks like the science is more like a religion itself!
                              One learns the "LAWS" and believes those blindly without even checking them out.
                              “ THE PERSON WHO SAYS IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT THE PERSON DOING IT ! ”

Comment

• Yes, but with one difference - Science can prove (practice; "checked out"), and Religion can not (believe only).
                                Well, to get education (seems very few have it here) you need time and money, and to believe you need just opinions of others; that's why doing few (educated), voting hundreds (waiting a miracle).
                                Anyway, good progress in getting RF tapped through an oscillator.

Comment

Working...
                                X