Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
    hi people, little update, im experimenting with different capacitance and things, even tried to make another bitoroid with flybacks you see here, and some interesting things to come.
    im going to return to the self-looped circuits after im satisfied its at its peak performance, it just keeps getting better so im looking to see what hidden potential awaits.
    the current in and out are very exciting here.
    i arrived with this setting by shorting output to induce max response on output ammeter, while simultaneously watching for the lowest input current reading as i adjusted and balanced freq and duty cycle.
    And no the 9v cant run anything but the base, when pos on battery comes off, it shuts off, anyway..

these numbers basically crudely show that even on operating load, the output current exeeds input, and output current dramatically climbs under short-circuit, its just hard to find a load with low enough resistance to get output current up LOL

its prob safe to say also the secondaries also have a higher voltage that primary
    call that what you will

Sorry about quality, my ipad has recorded its first and last vid, future vids will be better
    39G Don Smith Device Project: BiToroid Update and some future plans - YouTube
    Thanks for update Kurt.
    I also need one favor - can you swap ampermeter with 1 ohm resistor on 12V battery and attach scope on it's ends? Then repeat last test and drop screenshots with scope readings.
    Thanks!

Comment

• Self Assisted Oscillation in a Shorted Coil - Bucking Magnetic Field Oscillation - YouTube!
      SQM Replication Project - Hyiq.org - Update
      Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
        I havent tried it but I'd bet a wetsaw used in the ceramic tile business would cut the ferrite, it uses a diamond blade cooled by water, the water also keeps the material cool.
        I believe my brother has one, will give it a shot and report back.
        later
        dave
        best not to cut them right thru, it really is a better re-connection if you score them and snap them

i cut the toroid which goes top and bottom all the way thru and it is basically wrecked,
        but good for this particular top and bottom position in the Bitoroid setup

i still think the flyback idea will work, but im gonna rebuild without any gaps and re-test
        Last edited by mr.clean; 11-14-2012, 08:33 PM.
        In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
        In the expert's mind there are few.
        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

best not to cut them right thru, it really is a better re-connection if you score them and snap them

i cut the toroid which goes top and bottom all the way thru and it is basically wrecked,
          but good for this particular top and bottom position in the Bitoroid setup

i still thing the flyback idea will work, but im gonna rebuild without any gaps and re-test

This works on a TV toroid ? ;cause if so one would not go through alot of hassle to cut the toroids.
          Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
            Thanks for update Kurt.
            I also need one favor - can you swap ampermeter with 1 ohm resistor on 12V battery and attach scope on it's ends? Then repeat last test and drop screenshots with scope readings.
            Thanks!
            yeah ok sounds good that should keep the current up while i read voltage

so no lights, only 1 ohm resistor?

do i need a carbon resistor, or wire-wound is fine?
            Last edited by mr.clean; 11-14-2012, 08:39 PM.
            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

yeah ok sounds good that should keep the current up while i read voltage

so no lights, only 1 ohm resistor?

Please check on scope readings on 1 ohm resistor connected instead of ampermeter to 12V battery(it did not show any curent draw changes) in series while transformer output is attached to bulbs and while it is shorted.
              The scope will show what is going on 12V source current and it will show what hapens when you short secondary coils.

Cheers!

Comment

Please check on scope readings on 1 ohm resistor connected instead of ampermeter to 12V battery(it did not show any curent draw changes) in series while transformer output is attached to bulbs and while it is shorted.
                The scope will show what is going on 12V source current and it will show what hapens when you short secondary coils.

Cheers!
                so replace input ammeter with scoped 1 ohm resistor ? ok i guess i can do that

so your interest is in the input?

i was also thinking of removing the primary to read across a non resonating output as well, because as you know, the signal is enhanced at resonance
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Hi Kurt,

Try to avoid using wire wound resistor type when current measurement shunts are involved, always use carbon (or maybe metal) resistor types.

Gyula

Comment

• Thanks everyone for the suggestions and ideas on cutting the toroid core. I'll probably get at this tomorrow and post what works out.
                    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Originally posted by ewizard View Post
                      I agree and that's what I said briefly a couple pages back that there are similarities here with mr. cleans bitoroid and the TPU. I look forward to playing around with this. I just took a brief try last night at scoring the toroid to split it. That is some seriously hard stuff. I was using a large floor model metal band saw that I use for cutting titanium and stainless steel. It took quite a while to just get a small score in this toroid.

I'm not sure now how to tackle splitting this toroid as I see now Digikey is sold out of them and I'd hate to break it in the wrong way. I'm thinking a metal cutoff wheel on a grinder might get through it. I've got Dremel stuff but seems like it would eat dozens of wheels to get through it or even a good size score. Will these tend to break clean with a small score?
                      well im still unfamiliar with the inner workings of the SMarks TPU, i have seen much of his stuff and would like to believe it,

in S marks book he spoke of the TV imploding and all metal was drawn to it and consequently killed the boy, but was it also there where he describes music amplifiers that could be re-wired to be OU devices?
                      couldve been Eric Dollard who mentioned it also.
                      anyway very cool stuff

hehe yes ferrite is incredibly dense, but at the same time very brittle, and hey if you can wind a coil around the uncut toroids then thats great, but if ur likeme and want to do it fast and get it over with, then ur safe if u score it 1mm or so all around, and then put it in a vice with towel around lower hemisphere, then hit it with a rubber hammer directly in the top center (careful not to drop the top half) and you will have a perfectly split toroid that goes back together nicely.

and keep in mind, the pre-made flyback transformer cores must be good to go as well, it has no reason not to be as good as the round toroids, the one that failed me had significantly different coils and coupling, but it should work the same or better than the round ones, and they are pre separated into halves.

and i know the skeptics are gonna be saying "mrclean is getting all these ppl to spend money on materials that may not make it"...

and so im not insinuating that everyone should buy all this stuff and take a leap...
                      ... but thats what i did, and im enjoying it very much
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Cheers!
                        hehe, your request is uploading as we speak...

...and its good news btw...
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• new vid

hi all, got some scope readings as requested

and used a few different purely resistive load values to compare their answers to rule out any inductance inside the resistors which may skew measurements

also if that were the case, the input and output would see the same variance and show a good comparison anyway

so here i used a 1 ohm resistor as T1000 suggested, and have it in place of my input ammeter directly off battery positive wit scope across it.

and for loads i used a 10 ohm and a 100 ohm resistor to compare the behaviour of primary and secondary waveforms on and off load

and regardless of it not being rms, the overall measurements will clearly show themselves

7.3v max peak across 10 ohms = 5.32watts
                          23.5v max peak across 100 ohms = 5.52watts
                          = consistent = accurate

100 ohm loaded secondary
                          primary reading across 1 ohm input resistor 2.89v

10 ohm loaded secondary
                          primary reading across 1 ohm input resistor 1.5v
                          =2.25 watts

open unloaded primary 3.5v

overall i would look at the original way i was looking at it, as 12v @ what the analog meter said, .2amps = 2.4 wattsDC
                          just cant see the on/off time as its khz, but the .2 amps previously seen in last vid input reading, is actually going from 0 to .2 amps 2560 times per second, but meter sees it as solid DC, anyway

i believe those are good numbers, and based on those digital readings being so closely agreeing, my analog ammeters are not giving me enough credit lol...

39H Don Smith Device Project: Purely Resistive Loads, Examining Input and Output - YouTube
                          Last edited by mr.clean; 11-15-2012, 04:36 AM.
                          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Hi Dave - In the second link you posted there from hyiq it is missing the last two images on that page. One was a schematic of self assisted oscillating coils. I don't know if they just now went missing but do you have those images saved or were they there when you looked at this page?
                            There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• ...so 2.4 watts DC in...and the 5 watt resistors were getting HOT... whatever that insinuates...

of course my numbers arent rms, but regardless, the input relation to output always followed the trend when i switched loads
                              39H Don Smith Device Project:BiToroid Purely Resistive Loads, Examining Input and Output Waveforms - YouTube
                              Last edited by mr.clean; 11-15-2012, 04:43 AM.
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
                                I f i may suggest in case you cannot cut it ... a while back i stumbled on this vid :

Magnetite Cores - YouTube

Half metallic ferromagnets
                                Magnetite Chemical Formula: Fe3O4, Iron Oxide

-give rise to 100% spin polarization
                                -exhibit colossal magnetoresistance which can be usefully exploited in magnetoresistive devices.
                                They can exploit the intrinisc magnetoresistance which arises from a polycrystalline grain structure.
                                http://www.lancs.ac.uk/users/esqn/na...ons/szotek.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X