Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janost View Post
    Here is something for you Kapanadze/Don Smith guys:

This circuit uses a car ignitioncoil wired backwards.
    It runs the HV winding in series resonance from a 6V AC wallwart at 50Hz resonance (the line frequency in Europe).

At resonance, even though the voltage feed to the circuit is only 6V, the voltage drop over the capacitor and coil is about 5-6KV so the CFL-tube lights up.

The reason for the CFL is that without it the capacitor blows up.

What is even more interesting is that there is 5KV over the HV-winding and stepped down by about 85:1, there is low voltage AC output on the primary winding with a stepped up current.

For 60Hz line freq the capacitor needs to be changed.

Now go figure
    Many Thanks for the idea. Looks very interesting and promising. I will try this soon.
    Many warm regards

Comment

• Still waiting for transformers.
      But I did a test of my parallell resonant ignitioncoil yesterday.

I used a 9.2vac wallwart with an unloaded output of 10.5v to resonate the coil.

Connected to the coil and the parallelled cap the voltage climbed to 12vac rms and the output was 143mVac rms.

With the output shorted I measured an output current of 50mA with a voltage of 95mV rms. The input did not change, still 12Vrms.

The impendance of the transformer HV-winding is 21500ohm at 50Hz.

50mA/85ratio = 0.588mA current drawn.
      0.588mA * 21500ohm = 12Vrms.

Not bad at all.

With an input of 460Vrms the output will be 5.4Vrms.
      And it can be loaded to 1.8A without violating the source impendance.

The key here is to keep the oscillations in the parallell resonator.

Because the current is multiple times higher in the coil and the cap than what is being supplied to the circuit.

The coil can handle it but I'm more afraid of the cap blowing up in my face.

I think this is what Kapanadze is doing and inluding the ground in the resonator to get a large mass in the oscillation.

Last edited by janost; 10-30-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Here are 2 versions that include ground connections.

The top one includes the ground in the resonant circuit.

The second version feeds the resonator through ground acting as phase shift capacitor.

Don't know yet which is the better option.
        Last edited by janost; 05-03-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• I just did another test with a 1:10 transformer.

11.6vac in 116vac into the resonator.
          1.32v out and 340mA shortcircuit current.

This looks very promising

Comment

• Schematic for 200 Mhz Oscillator

Originally posted by janost View Post
            You can tune it to any frequency by changing the cap.
            But an ignitioncoil wont be good at anything over 3KHz.

Yes I have tried it and because the current through the coil at resonance is very low the output also have low current.

It doesn't really do anything but light a CFL.

I'm working on a parallel resonance at the moment but awaiting some transformers so I can't show the circuit yet.
            Thanks. Good job my friend.

To All,

I am looking for a driver/oscillator that will give 1 - 8 MHz and another 200 MHz to 800 MHz.

I need specifics please.Exact parts and stuff.

The less parts the better.

Thanks

Ged

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
              Hi T1000, Don't you mean to say the input frequency is 1/4 the resonant
              frequency of the secondary ? The primary coil should be tuned to resonate at
              the same frequency as the secondary coil. The input discharge frequency can
              be a fraction of the resonating frequency, I find 1/3 to the best fraction.
              Hi, the primary has 4 lesser frequency than secondary natural resonance which gives 90 degrees wave aligment with maximum potential difference.

Also please read http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a282289.pdf in regards to this.

When you get equal mass of primary and secondary it will get aligment in means of mechanical oscillations with connected swing: Electrical Resonant Pendulum - YouTube Also Tesla coil should be looked from mechanical point of view and the capacitor plate on top is the "condenser" for imaginable liquid gas. This is where N. Tesla was coming from - http://www.free-energy.ws/pdf/self_acting_engine.pdf
              Last edited by T-1000; 10-30-2012, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                Hi, the primary has 4 lesser frequency than secondary natural resonance which gives 90 degrees wave aligment with maximum potential difference.

Also please read http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a282289.pdf in regards to this.

When you get equal mass of primary and secondary it will get aligment in means of mechanical oscillations with connected swing: Electrical Resonant Pendulum - YouTube Also Tesla coil should be looked from mechanical point of view and the capacitor plate on top is the "condenser" for imaginable liquid gas. This is where N. Tesla was coming from - http://www.free-energy.ws/pdf/self_acting_engine.pdf

Can you demonstrate that ? So you are saying that with a secondary coil 1/4 wl resonant at 100 kHz the primary should be 1/4 wl resonant at 25 kHz ?

I disagree, I would like to see that shown, done with a function generator and
                compared to both resonant at the same frequency.

Cheers

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                  Can you demonstrate that ? So you are saying that with a secondary coil 1/4 wl resonant at 100 kHz the primary should be 1/4 wl resonant at 25 kHz ?

I disagree, I would like to see that shown, done with a function generator and
                  compared to both resonant at the same frequency.

Cheers

Cheers
                  My team done with 1/4 frequency on resonator half year ago as I calculated everything by wire length ratio 1:4. Also Tesla coil was immersed fully in transformer oil and it kept running with flickering CFL on top for some time after power was disconnected. Unfortunately we did not made YouTube video but some private videos are there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                    Interesting Stuff,

I am curious though.

Have you tried this?

What if i put 50 khz same voltage instead of 60 hz?

Ged
                    i really like ignition coils, but as mentioned, they saturate at very low khz. but, like my last few vids, you can make a resonant primary LC for the inductance of your ignition coil primary, and the 60 or 50hz freq from the inverter
                    In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                    In the expert's mind there are few.
                    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                      My team done with 1/4 frequency on resonator half year ago as I calculated everything by wire length ratio 1:4. Also Tesla coil was immersed fully in transformer oil and it kept running with flickering CFL on top for some time after power was disconnected. Unfortunately we did not made YouTube video but some private videos are there.
                      you are awesome man, thanks for your participation here
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• hey ... anyone here know about the Heins bi-toroid?????

all his stuff has been removed, and he has changed to PDICanada1 on youtube, and is only showing boxed up units in demos

hehe i think this is so big i dont know if i should, but after more testing i will post what i have found... hopefully with Thanes blessing

its amazing
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                          hey ... anyone here know about the Heins bi-toroid?????

all his stuff has been removed, and he has changed to PDICanada1 on youtube, and is only showing boxed up units in demos

hehe i think this is so big i dont know if i should, but after more testing i will post what i have found... hopefully with Thanes blessing

its amazing
                          dont know but vidbid made a thread about it way back

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...e-c-heins.html

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                            hey ... anyone here know about the Heins bi-toroid?????

its amazing
                            Ok you got our attention , spill the beans
                            Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                              Ok you got our attention , spill the beans
                              Lol yeah i wouldnt say that and not really show you ok im gonna upload them now...

Be back soon, takes an hour prob for the two to upload on youtube. My computer isnt working so hopefully my phone can do it
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by Berg View Post
                                dont know but vidbid made a thread about it way back

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...e-c-heins.html
                                Cool thankyou yeah i definitely will put up my work on the biT... Stay "tuned"
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X