Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new vid, 60hz tuned resonant

For anyone who missed my post..
    new vid, High freq driver temporarily down, so i wanted to try something that most people could do with a regular high voltage NST running on 60hz.
    (LCR meter and 55-65 uF 120vac caps needed)

So i , measured 121mH on the NST primary, and added 60uF (supposed to be 58uF) and observed a dramatic drop in input current, without dimming the light at full brightness.

Then on the Primary tank circuit i added another 10nF for a total of 20nF on the 928uH L1, it seemed to work best for whatever reason.
    Output not measured but im overvolting the bulb due to the rate of bulbs im going thru lol

Not as good as the high freq driver, but here Input was 49vac and current dropped from 1.1amps to .35amps, and im sure the peak to average power ratio means the input power can be even less than the typical straight DC calculation of Volts x Amps
    Don Smith Device Project Part 35: Resonant 60hz Transformer Experiment - YouTube
    In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
    In the expert's mind there are few.
    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
      new vid, High freq driver temporarily down, so i wanted to try something that most people could do with a regular high voltage NST running on 60hz.

So i , measured 121mH on the NST primary, and added 60uF (supposed to be 58uF) and observed a dramatic drop in input current, without dimming the light at full brightness.

Then on the Primary tank circuit i added another 10nF for a total of 20nF on the 928uH L1, it seemed to work best for whatever reason.
      Output not measured but im overvolting the bulb due to the rate of bulbs im going thru lol

Not as good as the high freq driver, but here Input was 49vac and current dropped from 1.1amps to .35amps, and im sure the peak to average power ratio means the input power can be even less than the typical straight DC calculation of Volts x Amps
      Don Smith Device Project Part 35: Resonant 60hz Transformer Experiment - YouTube
      I am taking down notes now.

Steve
      One thing to keep in mind is, man wrote the laws regarding the conservation of energy, not nature.
      Nature writes it's own laws regardless of what man thinks or does.

Comment

Hello Mr Clean,

I was very curious about your frequency matching starting with the 60 hz input all the way through, so I did some intensive reasonant frequency and harmonics study on all the info you gave and I foundout some pretty amazing stuff - at least to me anyway!

1. input hz = 60
        2.NST output frequency = 59.067939487 hz
        3. L1 frequency for values of L1 you gave = 36942.913724 hz

here is the kicker : (first of all the frequency is above20 khz radio frequency range which means it is in the free energy range!) that frequency is some where between the 30th and 31st (Ill say about the middle) harmonic of 59.067939487. the 60 hz you started out with! I thought that was cool

mike, onward!

BTW were all of the caps in parallel or series?
        Last edited by clarence; 09-25-2012, 11:00 AM. Reason: a BTW-satisfy a grummpy

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
          Hello Mr Clean,

I was very curious about your frequency matching starting with the 60 hz input all the way through, so I did some intensive reasonant frequency and harmonics study on all the info you gave and I foundout some pretty amazing stuff - at least to me anyway!

1. input hz = 60

here is the kicker : (first of all the frequency is above radio frequency range which means it is in the free energy range!) that frequency is some where between the 30th and 31st (Ill say about the middle) harmonic of 59.067939487. the 60 hz you started out with! I thought that was cool

mike, onward!
          Thanks Clarence,

I was sort of thinking about almost the same thing.

Steve
          Last edited by Steve220; 09-25-2012, 04:25 AM.
          One thing to keep in mind is, man wrote the laws regarding the conservation of energy, not nature.

Comment

Hello Mr Clean,

1. input hz = 60

here is the kicker : (first of all the frequency is above radio frequency range which means it is in the free energy range!) that frequency is some where between the 30th and 31st (Ill say about the middle) harmonic of 59.067939487. the 60 hz you started out with! I thought that was cool

mike, onward!

This statement makes no sense. 36942.913724 hz is the same as 37 khz which is most certainly NOT above radio frequency range. It is in the ELF range of radio frequency. ELF is the extremely low frequency band but it is still radio frequency. And where is there any evidence a certain range of frequency is the free energy range? I am beginning to think clarence is a source of deliberate misinformation.

Respectfully,
            Carroll
            Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Hello again MR Clean,

I was reminded how similar your application is to a schematic in PJK,s Chapter #3 which showed a 60 hz being applied to a NST (however that NST was a dual output to common internal ground and the two outputs had to be made as one output by the diodes which made the rest of the circuit a pulsed DC operation which is not desireable as we want to simply keep it AC - the spark gap will do the pulsing). I do think that schematic and yours are basicly the same and nice viable ways to go with few problems! just a thought! LOL mike, onward!
              Last edited by clarence; 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by citfta View Post
                This statement makes no sense. 36942.913724 hz is the same as 37 khz which is most certainly NOT above radio frequency range. It is in the ELF range of radio frequency. ELF is the extremely low frequency band but it is still radio frequency. And where is there any evidence a certain range of frequency is the free energy range? I am beginning to think clarence is a source of deliberate misinformation.

Respectfully,
                Carroll
                Hello carroll,

NONE! of my posting is DELIBERATE misinformation! I simply should have stated it as being above 20KHZ which puts it in the RF range and being above that frequency DOES place it in the free energy range of operation and your conversation about that is with SMITH< TESLA< MORAY< ETC, and not with ME!! Mike, onward!

Comment

Hello carroll,

NONE! of my posting is DELIBERATE misinformation! I simply should have stated it as being above 20KHZ which puts it in the RF range and being above that frequency DOES place it in the free energy range of operation and your conversation about that is with SMITH< TESLA< MORAY< ETC, and not with ME!! Mike, onward!
                  Thanks for the explanation.

Steve

Comment

• clarence,

I apologize for accusing you of deliberately posting false information. However you still haven't given any evidence that frequencies above 20 KHZ are an area of free energy. I have studied Tesla since probably before you were born and I have never seen where he said or wrote that. I haven't studied Moray that much so he may have said that. Your saying he said that without some references still doesn't prove he said it. As for Don Smith he has made so many contradictory statements I don't pay any attention to what he has said. Please give some real evidence that any of them have said or written what you claim.

Notice I am not saying all of the devices on this thread don't work. Some of them probably do. I am only saying if you are going to make statements like your post you need to back them up with references because there is way too much misinformation on this forum already.

Respectfully,
                    Carroll
                    Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

clarence,

I apologize for accusing you of deliberately posting false information. However you still haven't given any evidence that frequencies above 20 KHZ are an area of free energy. I have studied Tesla since probably before you were born and I have never seen where he said or wrote that. I haven't studied Moray that much so he may have said that. Your saying he said that without some references still doesn't prove he said it. As for Don Smith he has made so many contradictory statements I don't pay any attention to what he has said. Please give some real evidence that any of them have said or written what you claim.

Notice I am not saying all of the devices on this thread don't work. Some of them probably do. I am only saying if you are going to make statements like your post you need to back them up with references because there is way too much misinformation on this forum already.

Respectfully,
                      Carroll
                      Hello Carroll,

Points taken!

mike,onward!

BTW Im 75+ not that its important.
                      Last edited by clarence; 09-25-2012, 02:06 PM. Reason: BTW

Comment

Hello Mr Clean,

1. input hz = 60

here is the kicker : (first of all the frequency is above20 khz radio frequency range which means it is in the free energy range!) that frequency is some where between the 30th and 31st (Ill say about the middle) harmonic of 59.067939487. the 60 hz you started out with! I thought that was cool

mike, onward!

Cool man, and also dont forget that are only so many tones (frequencies), there are 7 main tones, so for example if you are using 53khz for tuning, it will also respond very well to 26.5khz, which you will notice is exaclty half of the 53khz.
                        It is the same tone only an octave apart, and it goes up infinitely in doubles.

the caps on the nst MUST be parallel, for high impedance, if you put in series it works backward, low impedance at resonance.
                        So must be parallel.
                        But on the second primary resonant circuit i just used what gave best results.
                        And the reason the cap is series on the tank circuit is the gap is parallel.

On the high voltage side, Tesla said parallel gap, series cap to coil is best so that the gap doesnt take all the power thru it. (Colorado notes 1899)
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Cool man, and also dont forget that are only so many tones (frequencies), there are 7 main tones, so for example if you are using 53khz for tuning, it will also respond very well to 26.5khz, which you will notice is exaclty half of the 53khz.
                          It is the same tone only an octave apart, and it goes up infinitely in doubles.

the caps on the nst MUST be parallel, for high impedance, if you put in series it works backward, low impedance at resonance.
                          So must be parallel.
                          But on the second primary resonant circuit i just used what gave best results.
                          And the reason the cap is series on the tank circuit is the gap is parallel.

On the high voltage side, Tesla said parallel gap, series cap to coil is best so that the gap doesnt take all the power thru it. (Colorado notes 1899)

Comment

clarence,

Respectfully,
                            Carroll
                            Well it has been said, by people of greater knowledge, that once you go above 20khz, that the fields change to waves, and the currents are along the outer surface of the conductor, essentially free of the wires resistance.

And what is not normally accepted is that at Resonance you can exploit superconductive conditions at room temperature.

Proof that there is more energy at resonance is the glass breaking experiment.
                            Find out what note the inductor (glass) is, and play that note on your Primary (the exact freq of the glass when it rings)
                            What can even be observed is that multiple glasses will ring sympathetically if in range of the "waves".

You will notice that ONLY one "note" will break the glass, even at higher frequencies, and more amplitude, still will not break the glass, only the right "tune" will do it, AND it will do it at LESS amplitude on the source than other higher (or much lower) frequencies.

Hehe and thats pretty Hertzian, (radios tuning in to the station... dont bring down the station from BEMF)
                            but what is Tesla about it is the Impulse/Oscillating waves of the low inductance primary, and the odd harmonic 1/4 wave, which is said to be able to ring at all harmonics of the frequency
                            Last edited by mr.clean; 09-26-2012, 10:34 PM.
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Hello Carroll,

Points taken!

mike,onward!

BTW Im 75+ not that its important.
                              You're great to have here buddy, from your questions i can tell you are actually trying to work on this
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Hello again MR Clean,

I was reminded how similar your application is to a schematic in PJK,s Chapter #3 which showed a 60 hz being applied to a NST (however that NST was a dual output to common internal ground and the two outputs had to be made as one output by the diodes which made the rest of the circuit a pulsed DC operation which is not desireable as we want to simply keep it AC - the spark gap will do the pulsing). I do think that schematic and yours are basicly the same and nice viable ways to go with few problems! just a thought! LOL mike, onward!
                                Yeah sorta the same, but the primary i could not get to work as shown by Don and this schematic, i could be missing something, and i hope i am, but i had to use parallel gap, and series cap to coil. and with already having HV, just step it down and use as DC

I think whats happening is the primary LC tank is vibrating until cap is full, then fires, BUT when the gap is firing, it becomes a parallel connection to the coil, and forms the resistive quality.
                                Or "echoing" back thru the LC.
                                More tests to follow but its going well i think

And the resonant 60 hz thing i just thought about trying..and it worked
                                And even Kapanadze and successful replicator Dally have said there is a mini Tesla coil incorporated in his design.
                                (and Kapanadze did a 100kw public demo)
                                Last edited by mr.clean; 09-26-2012, 01:14 AM.
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X