Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nicknewbie View Post
    So after reading that, Smiths devices relied more on the balance of caps and diodes then the actual precision of the coils they powered? Could smiths power source circuitry be daisy chained like in the Pdf and eliminate the need for the coils all together?
    Hi Nicknewbie,

If I understood Don correctly, he was pulsing the coils to get them in resonance so he could generate charge on one plate of the capacitor. The other plate gets charged from the ambient.

If you decide to replicate the SFG circuit, remember to keep the interconnects really really short and use very thin wires. Like those used to interconnect audio components. The reason is to keep the charges flowing between the caps freely and without losses. Don also used audio wires in his suitcase device. This is obviously extreamly important.

To approach full transparency, Silver Audio's entire product line was built on the irrefutable logic of using more than one individually insulated, unusually thin silver conductor per polarity (the Litz concept) rather than a single large round conductor. Our thin conductor method reduces both self-inductance, the origin of the much misunderstood "skin effect" (a phase shift phenomenon) and capacitive surface area without drawbacks ONLY when sufficiently low series resistance is achieved in a precise, double-balanced configuration. When a signal lead is split into two or more runs, an extremely precise geometry is required to ensure each run experiences identical reactive effects throughout the entire length of the cable. Moving up our line of interconnects reveals increasingly numerous and thinner, individually insulated, solid annealed silver conductors in increasingly effective, field-controlling geometry's. This trend yields an increasingly precise sense of image clarity, transient speed and midrange neutrality.

Our standard line level cables are of the "nude" (unshielded) style, which has generally been perceived to sound "faster" and less "colored" than conventional fully shielded cables. As it turns out, there is good reason to think so since properly designed, un-shielded cables are much less reactive to the signal than their fully shielded counterparts. At audio frequencies and with reasonably short lengths of cable, a shield typically does more harm than good and is otherwise necessary only for Radio Frequency transmission and/or into extremely high gain inputs such as microphone and phono pre-amps. Instead, properly braided or twisted conductors effectively reduce susceptibility to induced noise, especially inductively coupled interference (EMI) while angular crossing weakens the field effects of opposite polarity conductors on each other. The mechanism for the self-shielding/field controlling design is to divide the signal into several separate runs in a continually changing orientation such that only a small fraction of either polarity is ever in the ideal orientation to the wave front. This has most relevance to electromagnetic fields either internal or external, which especially require an optimal angular component to induce the greatest opposing current flow.
    SILVER AUDIO

Regards,
    HS
    Last edited by harishsingh; 07-31-2012, 10:15 AM. Reason: added image

Comment

• Originally posted by harishsingh View Post
      Hi Nicknewbie,
      If you decide to replicate the SFG circuit, remember to keep the interconnects really really short and use very thin wires. Like those used to interconnect audio components. The reason is to keep the charges flowing between the caps freely and without losses. Don also used audio wires in his suitcase device. This is obviously extreamly important.
      Or better yet solder the caps and diodes to each other without wires.

Comment

• Originally posted by harishsingh View Post
        Hi Clarence,
        You could use the Dave Lawton circuit as a guide to set the frequency and duty cycle.

Regards,
        HS
        Hello HS,

thanks for your efforts and I understand your advice, your generosity is awesome, mike,onward!

Comment

• Janost: An Excellent Contributor

Originally posted by janost View Post
          I think I'll crawl back under the rock I came from and leave you alone.

Argue with people that have no clue how electricity works is not what I had in mind.

I my mind I dont giva a **** what you think.
          I just want to heat my home and my mistake was writing on this forum.
          hey Janost,

I have been following your posts and wanted to tell how impressed I am with your work.

Read and read well my fellow seeker.You are helping many of us out here perhaps without even knowing it.Continue to boldly share with us.

Originally posted by janost View Post
          I just want to heat my home

Sweet!

Power ON Janost!

Ged

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano View Post
            THE VIDEO LINK BELOW IF ABSORBED FULLY IN MIND AND RELATE IT TO DON U WILL FIND HOW DON CIRCUIT WORKS. REMEMBERING THAT RESONANCE REDUCES POWER INPUT TO ACHIEVE LOWEST INPUT.

THE BUFFER CAPACITOR CAN BE USED AT INPUT AND OUTPUT IN DON CIRCUIT.

THIS BUFFER CAP ACTS AS FLYWHEEL AND BRING ABOUT FLYWHEEL EFFECT AND EXTEND A DELAY TO RELAY SWITCH FEEDING OUTPUT BACK TO THE INPUT IN DON DEVICE TO MAKE IT SELF FEEDING.

Capacitor charge via motor and diode - YouTube

VOLTAGE AND ENERGY OF CAP

IF U INCREASE MFD FROM 2 TO 4700 SEE IT YOURSELF HOW MUCH ENERGY U GET AT 10000 VOLTS

Electronics 2000 | Capacitor Charge / Energy Calculator

WHEN U USE C=4700 MFD AND VOLTAGE=10000 VOLTS
            U GET

Energy E = 235000 Joules
            THAT IS 235 KILO JOULES

RGDS
            ZZZZ
            Hi All,
            I know everyone is busy, but does anyone know where the buffer cap goes in the Don Smith circuit ? Is this the same shunt cap on the secondary in Don's suitcase device ? right before the rectifier diodes ? Thanks.

THE BUFFER CAPACITOR CAN BE USED AT INPUT AND OUTPUT IN DON CIRCUIT.

THIS BUFFER CAP ACTS AS FLYWHEEL AND BRING ABOUT FLYWHEEL EFFECT AND EXTEND A DELAY TO RELAY SWITCH FEEDING OUTPUT BACK TO THE INPUT
            Regards,
            HS

Comment

• Deja Vu

Originally posted by harishsingh View Post
              Hi Nicknewbie,

If I understood Don correctly, he was pulsing the coils to get them in resonance so he could generate charge on one plate of the capacitor. The other plate gets charged from the ambient.

SILVER AUDIO

Regards,
              HS
              The tesla cap apparatus was posted before.I thought the responses, at the time, was rather lukewarm or none at all.Even my questions then went unanswered.

Thanks for posting it again.The universe has a way of bringing things back to our attention.I believe some serious clues are offered here.Confirmed by my own investigations conducted weeks ago but not shared just yet...

I used the grid as my driver.120 volts at 50 hz 1500volt cap hooked up to the live then to a diode bridge and to my meter.Negative side of diode bridge to earth ground.....and the voltage and amps climbed and stabilised at 38 volts at 15 amps.DC. The bigger the cap on the bridge the more "bang". Now I am thinking ,what if I hit it at 300khz, same voltage? The only thing I have not done yet is to measure v and a in so I cannot confirm or deny conclusively electron extraction from the ambient and that is why i have not posted the photos and hard data yet.I will try to finish up and post my results at a later date.

Janost experiments have me hooked however.I wanna see were it goes.

Oh one more thing,the article in Free Energy Devices said that the trick is getting the capacitor to resonate with the coil.Say what? Caps do have self resonance,however I am thinking the author means MATCHING cap with coil to get frequency of driver hence parallel resonance.The author of the free energy device mentions other conceptual drawings of free energy devices.Any links to those? What were the outcomes of the experiment, big oil got to it

Hmmmm......

Ged

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                The tesla cap apparatus was posted before.I thought the responses, at the time, was rather lukewarm or none at all.Even my questions then went unanswered.

Thanks for posting it again.The universe has a way of bringing things back to our attention.I believe some serious clues are offered here.Confirmed by my own investigations conducted weeks ago but not shared just yet...

I used the grid as my driver.120 volts at 50 hz 1500volt cap hooked up to the live then to a diode bridge and to my meter.Negative side of diode bridge to earth ground.....and the voltage and amps climbed and stabilised at 38 volts at 15 amps.DC. The bigger the cap on the bridge the more "bang". Now I am thinking ,what if I hit it at 300khz, same voltage? The only thing I have not done yet is to measure v and a in so I cannot confirm or deny conclusively electron extraction from the ambient and that is why i have not posted the photos and hard data yet.I will try to finish up and post my results at a later date.

Janost experiments have me hooked however.I wanna see were it goes.

Oh one more thing,the article in Free Energy Devices said that the trick is getting the capacitor to resonate with the coil.Say what? Caps do have self resonance,however I am thinking the author means MATCHING cap with coil to get frequency of driver hence parallel resonance.The author of the free energy device mentions other conceptual drawings of free energy devices.Any links to those? What were the outcomes of the experiment, big oil got to it

Hmmmm......

Ged
                From what Ive seen the cap "resonates" using the spark gap when the cap charges enough to spark the spark gap it jumps, opens and starts again, relating back to the tapping the bell to resonate the coil.

EDIT:I still think this coil in the middle only potentates the effect already seen using the caps. Btw What makes car batterys sitting on the ground drain so fast?
                Last edited by nicknewbie; 08-01-2012, 04:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by atta View Post
                  Hi all!
                  can someone guide me how to convert a 473 joule 2000 volt capacitor into a known uf or Farad unit.
                  Thanks
                  Hi Atta,
                  The easy answer is 237 uf. from
                  Electronics 2000 | Capacitor Charge / Energy Calculator

The not so easy answer ?

Physics of Free Energy Device, Revised - YouTube

Regards,
                  HS

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                    I believe some serious clues are offered here.Confirmed by my own investigations conducted weeks ago but not shared just yet...

Hmmmm......

Ged
                    Its great to hear you're getting good results. Hope to hear more.

I thought so too about the free energy device. And thought it made the concept more clear with diagram and what goes with it.

The author of the free energy device mentions other conceptual drawings of free energy devices.Any links to those? What were the outcomes of the experiment, big oil got to it
                    I don't believe I've heard more of this device. Guess he would be making the charging that much if he half rectified it like Don. If you parallel this arrangement, you are looking at some serious wattage.

Regards,
                    HS

Comment

• diode meltdown...solution needed

recently i had a meltdown while charging my 2600F caps, 2.5v x5 in series for 520 Farads @12.5v

there WAS about 30,000 JOULES and 5500 Coulombs in the caps when the diodes went up in Violent smoke!!
                      Seems they disintegrated and let the caps begin to short-circuit

They were getting charged from my STEPDOWN Smith setup, and were at about 11v at meltdown...

Diodes were 300v 3 amp fast switching in full wave configuration.

Question is, what exactly made the diodes fail, the charge in the caps, or the input current thru the diodes??

anyone know "for sure" ( from experience )what the solution is?
                      In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                      In the expert's mind there are few.
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• schematics of one pssible replica of TK

here is shematics for exp with TK generator
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Source of PDF

Hi Blackrobi,

Sorry for my late response. I haven't been checking in at Energetic Forum for a while now. Anyway, Ganzha was having trouble posting the pdf file so I offered to post it for him. I don't know where he got it from. Thanks for your interest!!

Best Regards,
                          David Fine

Originally posted by blackrobi View Post
                          Hi David, Ganzha

Can you tell me what is the source of this pdf? Is there a thread according to that subject? Is it somehow checked?

rgds blackrobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ganzha View Post
                            here is shematics for exp with TK generator
                            Ghanza, Thanks - can you interpret the words on that schematic? Not too many there. Especially interested in bottom piece - is that a copper tube?

About the only thing I could translate was the top left set of words = steel plate and the bottom came out as 'folded noaksiap' ??
                            Last edited by ewizard; 08-02-2012, 04:13 AM.
                            There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Originally posted by ewizard View Post
                              Ghanza, Thanks - can you interpret the words on that schematic? Not too many there. Especially interested in bottom piece - is that a copper tube?

About the only thing I could translate was the top left set of words = steel plate and the bottom came out as 'folded noaksiap' ??
                              Hi

this is just a schematics wich made from this text:
                              @Ganzha, its just a hob from ebay 1800 watt single plate, after all it is just a mass produced oscillator, I am getting best results ever after 5 years of blowing up £50 oscillators from Cybernetics, the heater was only £30. It is similar to the one in video but I removed top and put coil between glass and inductor coil then you can put steel plate on top to get rid of auto shut off. The night before I tried this I had difficulty lighting a 60 watt bulb with MOT cap, spark gap, and lots of noise. I am well pleased. Now going to try to get even more out by connecting more coils in series parallel or bifilar. Thanks for pointing me back in this direction I tried induction heater some time back but obviously did not get it right then. Whats really interesting is how when started you can go from 1800 watts down and down with the power and the load remains almost as bright. I could not believe how much load I could put on the end.
                              Regards
                              Keith
                              end of text
                              this is not a cuprum tube just Aeral coacsial cable for Tv sets

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                                recently i had a meltdown while charging my 2600F caps, 2.5v x5 in series for 520 Farads @12.5v

there WAS about 30,000 JOULES and 5500 Coulombs in the caps when the diodes went up in Violent smoke!!
                                Seems they disintegrated and let the caps begin to short-circuit

They were getting charged from my STEPDOWN Smith setup, and were at about 11v at meltdown...

Diodes were 300v 3 amp fast switching in full wave configuration.

Question is, what exactly made the diodes fail, the charge in the caps, or the input current thru the diodes??

anyone know "for sure" ( from experience )what the solution is?
                                Hi Mr Clean sorry to hear this. I'm not an expert in electronics but yes it can be high voltage/current from driver and from my experience when I charged the MOcaps and exceed their voltage without discharge I hear noises from the caps and diodes get extremely hot that the stun from the connection melts.
                                Last edited by Guruji; 08-02-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X