No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone translate Dyatron schematic please?
    Thanks

Comment

• Can anyone translate Dyatron schematic please?
      I use translator sorry for quality

блок управления твс манипуляция 50 гц =manipulation of the control unit assemblies 50 Hz

трансформатор изолации 15ква = Isolation transformer 15kva

Leo
      Every problem has always at least two solutions: Find.
      The strength of the strong and able to traverse the ordeal with calm eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Itsu View Post

By the way, did you see the warnings on using Li-Ion batteries in this thread post #18)
        yes, and I dont really care to much as I'm within the bounds of the upper and lower voltage of the 18650 Li-Ion cell.

But If anyone have concerns then please use NiMh or NiCd instead.

And a fluorostarter is a GDT and not a timedelay.
        Yes, It has a bimetal pole and If heated it will short until cool again but it never gets hot in this case.

So it just a sparkgap with a low strike voltage.

Edit: I think it would work the best with lead-acid battery but they are hard to come by at 1.5 - 3v.
        It also works much better when running on one battery and charging another but the circuit for automatic switching of the batterys would be complicated.
        Last edited by janost; 07-29-2012, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo48 View Post
          I use translator sorry for quality

блок управления твс манипуляция 50 гц =manipulation of the control unit assemblies 50 Hz

трансформатор изолации 15ква = Isolation transformer 15kva

Leo
          Thanks Leo

Comment

• I dont want to get off subject but has anyone tried putting their coils in battery acid.
            Will the battery acid conduct ions.
            Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• This is my super electronpump using an ignitioncoil and relayticker with a timing cap.

I know the relay will probably break after a couple of hours.
              It is very easy to build using simple parts around a 6v SPDT relay, an ignitioncoil and a 400VA stepdown transformer.

The output is 400watts and will charge a Lead-Acid battery and will selfrun with a currentdraw of only 20mA.

Last edited by janost; 05-03-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sure how concentrated battery acid (sulphuric acid) is but if it is strong enough it will eat the copper and many other metals.
                There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                  This is my super electronpump using an ignitioncoil and relayticker with a timing cap.

It is very easy to build using simple parts around a 6v SPDT relay, an ignitioncoil and a 400VA stepdown transformer.

The output is 400watts and will charge a Lead-Acid battery and will selfrun with a currentdraw of only 20mA.

[ATTACH]11848[/ATTACH]
                  Hi janost, Thanks that looks like an even better one. Can you give any info on the SCR type or model? A couple more questions - do you think this would run on 12 volts? I have a lot of 12 volt relays and a 12 volt ignition coil but no 6 volt relays. Do you think one could replace the relay with a fast MosFET? If this works out with a relay it sure would be great to use solid state switching if it is possible as that would likely make it a very useful circuit versus one that eats relays every day. Actually based on the Imhotep work I tried some relays can take a lot of abuse for many hours. I never did destroy any even with that constant fast switching that was involved in that circuit. But solid state would be great to use.
                  Last edited by ewizard; 07-29-2012, 07:04 PM.
                  There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Originally posted by ewizard View Post
                    Hi janost, Thanks that looks like an even better one. Can you give any info on the SCR type or model? A couple more questions - do you think this would run on 12 volts? I have a lot of 12 volt relays and a 12 volt ignition coil but no 6 volt relays. Do you think one could replace the relay with a fast MosFET?
                    My SCR is a BTY-79 screwtype that can handle 10amps.
                    It doesnt need to be that heavy so anything that can handle 350v 2A will work.

The relay I use is a 6v and it will work with 12v relays but remember that the ignitioncoil generates 20000v on a 12v supply and the diodes have to be able to take the high voltage.

Not sure the 1N4007 can handle 20Kv and you may need several diodes in series.

I plan to use solid state switching but it was easy to test it with a relay.
                    A mosfet controlled by an Arduino so that the currentdraw can be controlled in a feedbackloop.
                    Last edited by janost; 07-29-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Fine View Post
                      Schematic posted for Ganzha.
                      Hi David, Ganzha

Can you tell me what is the source of this pdf? Is there a thread according to that subject? Is it somehow checked?

rgds blackrobi

Comment

My SCR is a BTY-79 screwtype that can handle 10amps.
                        It doesnt need to be that heavy so anything that can handle 350v 2A will work.

The relay I use is a 6v and it will work with 12v relays but remember that the ignitioncoil generates 20000v on a 12v supply and the diodes have to be able to take the high voltage.

Not sure the 1N4007 can handle 20Kv and you may need several diodes in series.

I plan to use solid state switching but it was easy to test it with a relay.
                        A mosfet controlled by an Arduino so that the currentdraw can be controlled in a feedbackloop.
                        Thanks janost! That helps me a lot. One other question since I'm not too familiar with how ratings work on GDT's. I'm looking at some now from a suppler that have a 500 volt breakover voltage and a 10 amp peak current. Would that be a good choice or do I need lower/higher ratings?

Comment

This is my super electronpump using an ignitioncoil and relayticker with a timing cap.

To get your SG working in this setup you need somewhere 0.7-1.0a input;
                          and output you have 70v 5a, means you have around 60% OU;
                          pls check your meters, it's probably 5ma.
                          Would you show pictures of your setup.
                          Thank you.

Comment

• Hi Janost

thank's for sharing your "Super Electron Pump " shematic.

I already began the basic circuit to pulse the primary of the stepup transformer.

And by doing this i stumbled upon an experiment that can perhaps interest some of you.

hope this helps

good luck at all

Laurent

High voltage properties testing 1 - YouTube

Comment

• Dyatron= Dynatron?

Sorry to asking
                              is Dyatron - Dynatron from Odessa?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackrobi View Post
                                Hi David, Ganzha

Can you tell me what is the source of this pdf? Is there a thread according to that subject? Is it somehow checked?

rgds blackrobi
                                it is from Ukraniane forum lab 001
                                nobody check this until now
                                I have sent it for informaton purposes
                                http://001-lab.at.ua/forum/2-17-1
                                Last edited by Ganzha; 07-30-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X